Start by marking “The Complete Idiot's Guide to World History” as Want to Read:
The Complete Idiot's Guide to World History

The Complete Idiot's Guide to World History

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  82 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Puts world events in a context that is relevant for today's students and casual readers Updated to include the significant events from the past several years
ebook, 2nd Edition, 400 pages
Published January 1st 2012 by Alpha Books (first published March 4th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Idiot's Guide to World History, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Idiot's Guide to World History

Chuck Heintzelman
Well, it was interesting. Although, I feel like more of an idiot after reading it than when I started. The problem is by the time I reached our modern world in the book, most of the earlier information (like about Mesopotamia or Sumeria or the Chinese empires or even Greece and Rome) fell out of my brain.
وضحى

What a wonderful book!
It's the first step that let you look at the big picture of the world without going through the boring, long, unnecessary details. After having read this amazing book, you will be ready to dig in deeply at any spot of the history to seek for specific events.
I honestly enjoyed it and I recommend it as a corner stone for viewing the world history.
Again, it is a great book, indeed!
Haley Keller
Overall I really liked this book. The problem is I found at least one mistake, and it left me worrying that there were even more that I didn't catch. At one point in the book (I'd give a page number, but I left the book at home when I came to college), the author talks about a French colony on the island of Cuba. He's obviously referring to Haiti and means the island Hispaniola because I think most people could tell you that Cuba was a Spanish colony. And Cuba and Haiti are not on the same islan ...more
Naftoli
The Idiot's Guide to world history contains more information than the Dummies book. I read the Idiot's guide fast and it's enough to get the obtain going. There entire world histories published now which revolve around a commodity, e.g., salt. These are endlessly fascinating.
Otto Silver
I hardly made it past the first chapter and I was already wondering f I should continue. Needless to say,I never finished.

The author treats the Bible as if it is fact. He thinks the Great Wall of China is visible from space and countless other absurd pieces of "information".

Idiot's Guides are generally good, but in this case, if you want to know something useful about world history, then I suggest looking somewhere else.
Borah
I liked it. That's a lot of history to cram into a (relatively) small space. I think Mr. Hall did a pretty fine job. For all of my thoughts and feelings, you can read my review here at MyEntertainmentWorld.ca.
Holly
OK, I didn't totally finish this book but I loved what I read. It simplified World History beautifully and I began a list of what I'd like to read more about. I'd still be working my way through if it weren't for it coming due at the library...I'll probably check it out again and finish it some day.
Erin
So I didn't get to finish this guys because I maaay have left it in another country. However, what I did get through I greatly enjoyed. It was a good high level overview with enough detailed points to keep it interesting and memorable. I might go out and get another copy!
Sharon Hallman
What a great book. Even if you are a good history student this is great review. Easy to ready and written with humor. If you hated history in school you will love this everyone should read it.
Rob Stauffer
I liked how the authors broke up the sections in this book. I'd recommend this to anyone who wants a quick refresher course on some very important beginnings.
Jim
Good coverage of world history.
Jose
Euro-centric as hell.
Jamie
Jul 24, 2010 Jamie is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I like it so far.
Kevin Clark
Kevin Clark is currently reading it
Apr 06, 2015
Jody
Jody marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Neill
Neill marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Elle
Elle added it
Mar 08, 2015
Tom Lacy
Tom Lacy is currently reading it
Mar 03, 2015
Taoufiq Hebboul
Taoufiq Hebboul marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Marta
Marta marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Jeremy
Jeremy added it
Feb 12, 2015
Chinmay Jain
Chinmay Jain marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Akash Kittur
Akash Kittur marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
  • Forgotten Land: Journeys Among the Ghosts of East Prussia
  • The Murder of Abraham Lincoln
  • European History for Dummies
  • Russia: A Short History
  • Battleground / Line Of Fire / Close Combat (The Corps, #4, #5, #6)
  • Devil of a Whipping: The Battle of Cowpens
The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Middle Ages The Complete Idiot's Guide to World History, 2nd Edition The Truth About Lincoln Volume 1: Lincoln Nabb and the Bully's Father Bully Goats Gruff Wanted : A Casebook of Unsolved Crimes of Violence in Australia