Start by marking “Angel Board” as Want to Read:
Angel Board

Angel Board

Not all angels are sane.

Someone saved David Barker’s life, but he doesn’t know who—or what—she is. Now he’s haunted by the image of that beautiful, nebulous vision with the features of a woman and determined to find out why she appeared when he almost died. David uses an angel board in hopes of contacting her, and unfortunately for him, he succeeds. This angel has loved

Published (first published October 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Angel Board, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel Board

Karl
Possession is one hard topic to try and write about, Mr. Ruffty has done an admirable job making this novel fresh and highly readable. I never realized such things existed, so when I started reading this book I also did a little bit of research.

Angel Boards look a little like the controversial 'Ouija Boards' but that is really the only place where the similarity lies. Traditionally you include the letters A-Z and the words YES and NO. You can also include the numbers 1-9 and 0. With an Ouija boa
Kevin Lucia
Apr 30, 2012 Kevin Lucia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kristopher Rufty's debut novel, Angel Board, is an interesting twist on the classic possession story; but in this case, instead of demonic possession, the protagonist faces what could almost be considered angelic possession. A fast-paced thriller that offers some intriguing concepts about the hereafter, Angel Board is another solid rock in the foundation of Samhain's fledgling Horror Line.

David Barker has decided enough is enough. His dreams have died, his long-time girlfriend has cheated on him
Cathy
Oct 22, 2013 Cathy rated it really liked it
I've read lots of Kristopher Rufty's books and I have never been disappointed. I loved this book. I was riveted with the whole concept and the execution was almost perfect. I was stunned to find that this was actually Rufty's debut novel. He has certainly come a long way with his writing but all the characteristics of his later work is still apparent in this book.

The only thing I found frustrating with this book was the actions and dialogue of some of the characters. Sam, for instance, goes from
David Bernstein
Apr 15, 2012 David Bernstein rated it it was amazing
Kristopher Rufty's Angel Board is one hell of a novel. This is truly an original idea with an old school horror feel. Classic. Absolutely loved it. I highly recommend this book for ANY horror fan. I felt like i was reading an old Leisure title. Great characters, gore, tension and detail. Samhain Publishing is doing a great job! Where Leisure books used to be the IT in horror, Samhain is now the next IT place to go for horror.
Mick Ridgewell
Jun 14, 2012 Mick Ridgewell rated it really liked it
Kristopher Rufty creates a host of likeable characters. Even the alcoholic bitchy sister has an endearing side to her. He draws us in with excellent character development, then pulls the rug out with a fury. An angel that is far from angelic sends this tale down a dark road. Angel Board is a debut novel that is destined for the screen.
Dan Corley
Nov 10, 2016 Dan Corley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this solid debut novel from Kristopher Rufty. He has been compared to Richard Laymon, but my opinion is that this novel felt like a mixture of Jeff Strand and Ronald Malfi. This has all the intense and jaw dropping moments of a Strand thriller with the interestingly detailed feel of a Malfi novel. The ending felt like a Malfi ending, which is a good thing. Rufty also has his own uniqueness that I think mostly guys will find largely appealing. He gives you an early 90's slasher film ...more
RumbleBee
Feb 25, 2014 RumbleBee rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Supernatural Horror Fans
Shelves: supernatural
Angel Board is the second Kristopher Rufty novel I’ve read, the first being Pillowface. Because I enjoyed Pillowface I decided it best to pick up Kristopher’s debut novel before reading any of his others.

After a failed attempt at suicide, David gets an angel board (pretty much an ouija board) from his mother of all people. It seems she has used the board in the past to get through troubled times and thinks it will help her so in in the same way. After using the Angel Board, David begins to stri
SFReader
May 11, 2015 SFReader rated it really liked it
Angel Board, by Kristopher Rufty is a horror novel set in the southern United States. It takes place in modern times and focuses around David, a man who had recently attempted suicide.

After his failed attempt at taking his own life, David's mother gives him an Angel Board for Christmas. This board, much like the traditional Ouija board, is used to contact one's guardian angel. David quickly discovers that the board works only too well. He not only contacts his angel, but also finds out that she
Frazer Lee
Mar 16, 2012 Frazer Lee rated it really liked it
Kristopher Rufty takes the quirkiest, bitchiest cast of characters since 'Dark Shadows', then shakes them up with a splatter of gore and a double shot of sex and violence to deliver an explosive horror cocktail. Rufty's debut cracks along at a fair old pace and is a fun read. So when you are done playing with your Lament Configuration, give the Angel Board a try - if you dare.
Steve
Dec 19, 2012 Steve rated it really liked it
It took some convincing, but I finally decided to give this book a chance. It has paid off immensely. I devoured this book in two work days (when I read the most). It is extremely fast-paced with enough sex, blood, and action to keep you hooked. The ending does not let you down either. Rufty is sure to be a shining star for Samhain and their horror line.
Kammie
Dec 15, 2012 Kammie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
DONE!!! Wasn't the best horror book but Okay. Glad I read it though because I would have been wondering how it ended. Some gruesome deaths were cool & really surprised alot of supporting characters died. It was something to read as I had to get away from the Y.A. books for awhile.
Kyle Mclaughlin
Sep 22, 2014 Kyle Mclaughlin rated it liked it
Interesting story about a guardian angel who takes a little too hands-on approach with her charge.
John Quick
John Quick rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2016
Bryan
Bryan rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Sidney Henry
Sidney Henry rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2014
Nathan
Nathan rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2014
Noigeloverlord
Noigeloverlord rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2013
Greg Markwardt
Greg Markwardt rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2012
Christyona Green
Christyona Green rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2013
Wendie
Wendie rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2014
Russ
Russ rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2015
Dixie Schulz
Dixie Schulz rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2015
Daphne Davis
Daphne Davis rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2012
Brandi Servin
Brandi Servin rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2016
Erik Smith
Erik Smith rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2014
Tristan
Tristan rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2013
Sean
Sean rated it liked it
Dec 24, 2012
Vicki Liebowitz
Vicki Liebowitz rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Kimberly L.
Kimberly L. rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
May 18, 2012
5197865
Kristopher Rufty is the writer and director of the movies Psycho Holocaust, Rags, and Wicked Wood, and also the author of Angel Board, PillowFace, and The Lurkers.

He used to host Diabolical Radio, an internet radio show devoted to horror fiction and film for five years and developed quite an archive list and following.

He is married to his high school sweetheart and is the father of two insane chil
More about Kristopher Rufty...