Start by marking “How to Hold a Crocodile” as Want to Read:
How to Hold a Crocodile

How to Hold a Crocodile

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Practical instructions for off-beat objectives.How to Hold a Crocodile is an illustrated and fun-to-read guide to the practical information that is not taught in school. This book is jammed full of simple instructions for many situations in life. Need to roast an ox? Repel cavalry? Tie a bow tie? All instructions are here, clear, concise, and fully illustrated.
This remark
Published September 6th 2003 by Firefly Books (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about How to Hold a Crocodile, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Hold a Crocodile

Jaindoh
Having rediscovered this book in my bookcase I have already found two things I wondered out loud about in the last few months (how to calculate compound interest, and how to make a moccasin). Cool!
My brother got this book as a birthday present when we were kids, and I confiscated it....
Great present for kids.
Matthew
I received this book for my birthday some years back and I loved it. How to Hold a Crocodile was a very useful book when it came to figuring out clever things to do when you're bored. This book taught me everything from growing and caring for bonsai trees to learning morse code to getting a full grown pear into a bottle. This book is great for those rainy days when you are so bored you feel like watching the WATCHING THE PAINT DRY CHANNEL on TV.
Lisa
I can remember from my childhood, me and my sister would try out the experiments and what not from this book. Note to readers: don't try to make the pasta... it doesn't come out tasting too well! Ha! But I still learned the letters in sign language from the book, amongst other things! Brings back a lot of quirky memories!
HeavyReader
Jun 20, 2007 HeavyReader rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people with questions
Shelves: how-to
This is a cool and fun book with instructions for all kinds of whimsical things, like how to hold that crocodile in the title and how to play differnt board games from around the world and how to dry herbs.

I like to read it when I can't concentrate long enough to follow any kind of plot.
Rebecca
Jun 09, 2009 Rebecca marked it as to-read
Shelves: nonfiction
Does my sister Laura still read my updates? Because this book tells you how to dance the hora. I should study it before we go to any parties. ;)
Erin
This book holds infomation that will burst your mind! How to magnitize a walnut, instructions on making moccasins, and much more!
Ratforce
Apr 24, 2013 Ratforce added it
Shelves: humor, nonfiction
This fun book of tips and trivia is filled with useless information, from how to make a paper hat to how to ride an ostrich.
Jim
if i were ten to twelve years old this is the book i'd want for my birthday
Lafcadio
Jan 14, 2008 Lafcadio rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: the British Parliament
Recommended to Lafcadio by: Richard
Effin' briliant, I tell you.
Ungur Roxana
Ungur Roxana marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
David
David marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
TheRenegadeRainbow
TheRenegadeRainbow marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Korin
Korin marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Cheesy Bamboozle
Cheesy Bamboozle marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Lanaloo
Lanaloo marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Am Y
Am Y marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2013
Lisa Walker
Lisa Walker marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
World Heritage Sites: A Complete Guide to 936 UNESCO World Heritage Sites I Want to Be a Firefighter I Want to Be a Cowboy What's on My Farm? Owls 2012