If I Should Die (Revenants, #3)

If I Should Die (Revenants #3)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  8,399 ratings  ·  1,100 reviews
I will not lose another person I love. I will not let history repeat itself.

Vincent waited lifetimes to find me, but in an instant our future together was shattered. He was betrayed by someone we both called a friend, and I lost him. Now our enemy is determined to rule over France’s immortals, and willing to wage a war to get what they want.

It shouldn’t be possible, none o...more
Published May 7th 2013 by HarperTeen

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
20th out of 1,465 books — 10,155 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
34th out of 2,476 books — 12,487 voters

More lists with this book...

Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

I can’t believe I put off reading this one for so long, especially after the ending in Until I Die. This was such a great conclusion and I am so glad I finally got around to reading it. I love Kate and Vincent and I am so glad I was able to experience their story. I also want to take this second to pride myself on completely guessing where the story was going. Yay me. (Note: I originally posted my theories for the ending here on GR and I don't have...more
Helen
UPDATE 10.05.2013:

Before reading:

At first: 'THE DAY' HAS FINALLY ARRIVED. I can't wait to get started!*Celebrating by my self*

description

Walking home from school I was like:

and

description

And then: Should I really read this? What if Vincent never comes back? And what if he dies, if he hasn't already? Am I ready for this to be over? I postponed it for 3 hours before finally saying hell with it and began to read.

VINCENT! VINCENT! VINCENT! HOLD ON, I'M COMING FOR YOU!

After reading:

Can't. Form. Sentences. Right now *B...more
Tonicha
Why is the release date so far away?!D:
And with the ending of Until I Die...
COME TO MOMMA ALREADY.
I'd say I hate Amy Plum for:
1. The cliffhanger that made my heart feel like she twisted it out of my chest, stood on and then chewed it apart.
2. THE RELEASE DATE IS UNF SO FAR AWAY UNFUNF:'(
3. Giving me an extremely high expectations in men. I NEED my own Vincent or Jules. I'M BEGGING YOU.

But there is no way I'd ever hate Amy for creating one of my favourite series ever!
JUST PLEASE RELEASE IT NOW.
PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAASSE<3...more
Matilda
Oct 07, 2012 Matilda marked it as to-read
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Just got this for my Birthday! Damn. I guess, its about time we get the Nook Color anyway ... Btw,yes, the screen is cracked ... along with our hearts. (This was chucked across Starbucks, we were asked politely to pick it up, and leave.)

This is what 'Until I Die', made us do ...
Now, we know you're thinking "This chick has some serious anger issues..." But think about this, we read 'Die for Me' , and 'Until I Die', in the same day, back-to-back. So it went something like 'We LOVE you so much Vin...more
Shanita Akhtar
WTF :|
NEXT FRICKIN' YEAR?
1ST - SHE KILLS US WITH THE CLIFFHANGER!
2ND - WE HAVE TO FIND OUT IF VINCENT IF ALIVE OR NOT NEXT YEAR :|
NOT. FAIR.
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
As someone who’s been a pretty big fan of this series from the day Die for Me came out, I had very mixed feelings about this final installment. I’ve spent a lot of time wondering about Kate and Vincent’s fate, and even after a whole year of living with that awful cliffhanger in mind, a part of me was reluctant to have it resolved and let them go – not because I doubted their happily ever after, but because they are so very dear to me.

Although things turned out exactly as I thought they would in...more
LANI
Jul 26, 2012 LANI marked it as to-read

ahhhhhhhh! I need you, book 3! that cliffhanger was terrible. I'm so distraught; I just finished book 2. I mean all of that happened for nothing. Vincent is not the champion, duh; it's obvious that Kate is the champion. all of the characteristics fit Kate. I just need vincent to be okay. I think that I could cry hysterically for hours if Vincent is actually dead during the 3rd book. i want Vincent alive and better than ever! i want Kate to realize that she is the champion and start being a bad...more
Daisel (Owl Always Be Reading)
Oh My God! Look at that cover! Amazing
description
I am so happy right now!
description

and then I see the release date:

Annabelle Marie Veronica
*FINAL RATING: 1.15 STARS*

CATCHALL
Yeah, honestly, I don't even know what I wanted to read this book so badly. The first book was okay, the second book was bad, and this book just blew me away…with how absolutely awful it was. I hated it so much I didn't even know what to do with myself. I wanted to love this book, and I really wanted this series to redeem itself because I honestly believed that it could. But it just didn't even live up to the lowest of my expectations.

THE HEROINE
KATE
I have ne...more
Mitch
Reviewer’s Note: For those of you new to the party, Revenants is a series near and dear to a certain heart around these here parts. Just not mine. As I explained in my review of Until I Die:
I was intrigued by all the five star reviews of Die for Me, so I decided to investigate, by asking the one person I know who'd rush out to get Until I Die and devour it in a couple of hours even though it usually takes her a month to finish anything, my little sis, who I'll refer to as Amy Plum's Number One
Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur)
Sep 08, 2013 Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur) marked it as maybe-read
Shelves: pretty-cover
UPDATE: The name has been released! "If I Should Die"

.....
......
.......
........
.........What?
Uh....

description

Is this because Rachel Vincent's book, If I Die (Soul Screamers #5) came out recently, and Amy Plum was maybe planning on naming this book that?

Update: Cover Reveal: PRETTY. I just wish that stupid heart wasn't around the title. It makes it look uber cheesy.

Update: Oh hey, they changed the cover so the heart isn't around the words anymore. Much better.
Vballrox97
Jun 29, 2013 Vballrox97 is currently reading it
Shelves: kindle
Dear Amy Plum,
I realize that you are not going to read this but since all of us are suffering from the date of when this book comes out because of the end of Until I Die and all... I was kinda hoping that we could get an early copy of the book since you love us so much! Thanks!
Sincerely,
Your Dying Fans (Yes, we are dying so your characters need to save us.)
Jess
May 12, 2012 Jess marked it as to-read
Shelves: wish-list
A whole year?!! After that ending in Until I Die?

I hope we get a synopsis and a cover soon to keep us going!
Circus Princess
Jan 07, 2012 Circus Princess marked it as to-read

Tori
Just finished 'Until I Die' and how does Amy expect us to wait so long after such a heart wrenching cliff hanger?

EDIT:
Finally read it!

SPOILERS AHEAD!

I have a bit of mixed feelings about this one. I loved it but there were certain scenes that kind of made me roll my eyes a bit. And unlike the previous two, I was able to put this book down half way through and not pick it up again for a day (which is usually unheard of for me lol)

I don't like how Jules disappeared half way through. I get why he di...more
~Tina~
If I Should Die is the heart-stopping and heart-pounding final conclusion to the Revenants series by the very talented, Amy Plum. It's action packed plot and wildly romantic story-line will leave you spinning breathlessly till the very last page.
Fresh, tender and passionate, this has been one gorgeous series to loss your heart to. It will be missed!

Ninoshka
4.5 estrellitas

No te creas esto no es un review regular como los de mas de miles de palabras yo solo quiero dejarles saber lo que siento de el final.^^

Es triste saber que no sabre mas de Vincent :( que este es el ultimo libro de la serie,me he disfrutado esta serie tanto! Me Encanta!..pero.. el final.. x.xImage and video hosting by TinyPic
no no NO para mi el final fue tan blah,pero tambien puede ser que la autora se aya quedado dormida escribiendo el final del libro uno nunca sabe :D.haha.No es que estuvo terrible el libro si no...more
Katie
Jul 03, 2012 Katie marked it as to-read
In the history of books with the most evil cliffhangers (and there have been plenty of cruel ones), anyone who has read Until I Die can agree that this is the worst. THE WORST. I don't think I've ever been so crushed by an ending before and it's just the middle book! I think Plum actually likes her readers to suffer cause boy, did that hurt.

May 2013: You cannot come fast enough.

Oh, Kate? I don't think you'll mind if I stole Jules or Ambrose from you. You have Vincent so...you wouldn't notice,...more
White
AAAhhhhaAAAAAAAaaaAAAAA!!!
First of all, my jaw dropped to the floor at that awful cliffhanger!.......and right now im screaming my head off at the release date!!!......MAY!! ONE WHOLE YEAR!! man, im dying for the book this moment .....how am i supposed to wait for a whole FREAKIN 366 days????? ......oh amy plum!....have pity on us and release it a bit earlier!!! X/
Lacy E.

If Vincent isn't alive I don't think I'll be able to make it through life. It is completely unfair to make you fall THAT in love with him and then to just tear him away. The least you could have done is give him some kind of fault so that his death wasn't so completely unfair.
Colleen Houck
Really loved the end of the series. Favorite parts-the auras and the rembodiment. Lots of action and twists at the end. Great job Amy! I am, however, having a croissant craving now.
Jordan
NORMAL OBSERVATION:the cover is great, but i kinda wish it was a single bold color like book one or two.
NOT SO NORMAL: why in Gods name is this book coming out in 2013? and did anyone see the suspense in the last book? is she trying to kill us? *screaming at the computer* really? not even a plot.
*pulls hair out* it better not be something like Kate and Jules cause i will rip this book apart so fast my paper shredder would be amazed.*screams running out the door like a crazed person*

Edited Revie...more
Hayden Casey
Sep 20, 2012 Hayden Casey marked it as want-plz
That cover looks fake . . . like, really fake. . . . Anyone else agree?
Annie Brewer
*****SPOILERS AHEAD*****

4.5 Champion stars!

Holy hell! That was one unbelievable conclusion to such a unique and unforgettable trilogy! I absolutely loved this book! Though there were some things that bothered me that happened and a few things I wished would have happened that didn't. But overall it wasn't enough to keep me from almost rating it a full 5 stars. Wait, I mean I would've given it 5 complete top-notched stars...except for a few things:
I wanted more Vincent-Kate romance. I mean the en...more
oliviasbooks
4.5 stars. Kate is a very, very cool and tough girl. I love reading about her. Drawbacks are the - for me - sometimes slightly too cheesy romance between her and Vincent and the occasionally too high predictability of the story. Still, the plot kept me on my toes anyway, the atmosphere was great and the characters all stayed dear to me.

Thank you so much, Amy!! Especially for one of the 'endings', which fulfilled a wish of mine. I leave this world with a pleasantly mushy heart: Aching a little,...more
Kristi
Great ending to the series! I'm going to miss it! A lot happened in this one, totally was taken by surprise, whew. What a ride.

full review to come!
Teresa
Jul 20, 2012 Teresa marked it as to-read
I think my heart just broke a little when I saw the expected publication date.
Roza Dimka
I read Die for me at the end of 2011 and I fell in love with it. Head over heals kind you could say for 2 days,I was looking forward to the next part a lot. But then Until I die came out and I was disappointment sourly so I had high hopes and they were crushed. But still I looked forward to If I should die because I wanted to see what would happen to Vincent and how it would all pan out, I'm assuming you all know what I'm talking about as you are reading the last books review.

How to describe th...more
Amber
IF I Should Die is the last book in the Revenants trilogy. Being a huge fan after reading Die For Me, I couldn’t wait to have that final copy in my hands and find out how this journey was going to end. I wanted to know what was going to happen to Vincent and the other revenents I had come to love. Of course I loved this story, but there were a few things that kept me at a 4.5 snowflake rating. The predictability was somewhat a hindrance. I love to be kept guessing, but when the storyline feels s...more
Melissa
Loooooove. Omg Plum doesn't disappoint in any kind of way. It was WAY more than I expected and I was truly on e edge of my seat with a huge smile plastered on my face in parts, in others sobbing and trying not to scream.

Kate is by far the most amazing in this book. Nothing is going to get in her way of saving Vincent, if there is even a slight chance of something to do she is going to do it no matter what. She puts everyone above herself and will do whatever it takes to save and protect the ones...more
We ♥ YA Books! : Series Readalong #6: If I Should Die by Amy Plum 2 17 Jun 30, 2014 01:16PM
does anyone think kate is.... (spoiler if you haven't read book 2( 15 155 Feb 28, 2014 08:35PM
Appropriate? 10 45 Feb 10, 2014 06:00AM