Start by marking “The Crush” as Want to Read:
The Crush

The Crush

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Jack Claridge’s sister, Amy, has a big crush on her English professor, Michael Donovan. When Jack agrees to accompany her on an outing with the object of her affection, the last thing he expects is the professor’s reaction to him. One surreptitious hand-job later and Michael is hooked. But will Jack ‘use him and lose him’ or does Jack care for the professor more than he th ...more
Published October 13th 2011 by MLR Press (first published October 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Crush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Crush

Nikki  Peterson
Jan 06, 2012 Nikki Peterson rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: m/m genre fans
Recommended to Nikki by: R2R via Making Connections
This was my first m/m genre read. I must say that I really did enjoy it. The sex was hot and the romance between Jack and Michael, I thought, was really sweet. I thought the story line was well written and will probably be giving this genre another peek.
Sheri
The Crush is the story of Jack and Michael. Jack is just looking to have some fun, not a serious relationship. Michael is a college professor and Jack's sister's crush. Jack and Michael are introduced by Amy, Jack's sister, and are instantly attracted to one another. But Amy has plans for seducing Michael herself. Ultimately, Jack and Michael decide to conceal their relationship from Amy, but when she finds out that they have been seeing each other behind her back, Jack must find away to repair ...more
Sammy Goode
How many times have you been out with a friend or a sibling and looked cross the table at their date...realized how HOT that date was...how much you wished that person was YOUR date...then suddenly you catch their eye and something sparks. Oh my god what do you do? You look again...Yes...there it is...the "knowing" in that look...the "heat" in that stare...the growing knowledge that you are intensely, immediately, undeniably in lust with your sister's date...her secret crush...your worst nightma ...more
Meghan
When I seen this book, I'll admit I was really excited! I'm going to admit a truth about myself here and say that I have had a thing for male/male for a while now. But I never knew the extent of that attraction until I read this book!

This was a first time experience for me, one I was really looking forward to. To say the least, I was not disappointed! If male/male is something you are interested in, you should really read this book! I know that after reading this one, I want to read more! =)

It
Gavin Stephenson-Jackman
Jack and Michael, meet for the first time when Jack’s sister Amy invites them to a performance at the National Arts Centre in Ottawa. Jack is reluctant to go to the performance as he knows his sister has a crush on her English professor Michael Donovan. Unbeknownst to Amy, Michael is gay, and he and Jack are immediately drawn to each other. Over the course of several weeks the two men develop an intense physical and emotional relationship while trying to conceal it from Amy. Jack is afraid that ...more
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Jan 17, 2012 Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: author
Shelves: reviewed
I received this book from the author in an exchange for an honest review.

I really really liked this book. It was a fun quick read that within a few pages had me blushing like a school girl. I was connected to Jack and all that he was going through. I laughed and giggled like I was actually there with them. Michael was a dream and you couldn’t help but love him.

Although the plot was a little predictable it was still worth the read. It was hot, sexy, and I was left wanting more. This short story w
MandyM
Light and sexy novella with a mildly annoying female character and a little case of insta-love.
Trix
This story was all over the place. I got so bored after the first 20 pages that I read the rest in a daze. Ask me about the book in a day or two and I won't be able to tell you much.

(view spoiler)
dx
Feb 01, 2012 dx rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: have
Julesmarie
Like another reviewer said, "I liked this book. I wanted to like it even more."

I really did like it. Jack and Michael were both interesting, well-drawn, likable characters, and they were great together. The scenes at the beginning where they discover (and attempt to hide from others) their mutual attraction are fantastically hot.

I didn't really believe the progression of the relationship, however. Or Jack's desire to hide it. Or Michael's willingness to give in to Jack's desire to hide.

(view spo
Juliana
I really liked this book. It was a little sweet but that is not a bad thing! You can't read angst everyday! The MCs were both interesting, and had very different personalities. I really likes the fact that Michael does not want to be liked for just his large... attributes. I liked the story, especially the public sex! The female character is a little crazy, but it gives the story a little drama. There are well written love scenes, but not so many that the story is secondary. An added plus: this ...more
Emma
Jan 15, 2012 Emma rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
I really liked the two main characters, Jack and Michael. They had an instant connection after they were introduced by Jack's sister Amy, who just happened to be crushing on Michael.
I thought the story was well written and conveyed lots of emotion in such a short number of pages. I do wish the ending would have had an epilogue, letting us know how they turned out; it just felt a little rushed to me.
Overall, I really liked it and look forward to reading other stories by Elizabeth Lister.

Kitty
Very cute story! I loved the relationship between Michael and Jack, although I think it could have been a little more developed. Less sex, more dating, you know? Amy was a great supporting character and I liked how fiesty she was. The BDSM element was unexpected, but it worked for them. The ending was incredibly sweet, and one of my favorite book endings in a long time. Highly recomended!
Sophie
Ok, so this is my first "official" MM Romance. And I have to say that I was pleasently surprised. It was actually pretty good, the characters were likeable, the storyline was interesting and it was just plain hot!! =>
Jeanne
This was a pretty decent read. It would have gotten four stars but there were a few errors I came across that irked me a little bit. Proper editing should have caught it... but really that is me being picky. It really didn't take away from the storyline.

We have Jack who is the younger brother of Amy(though she is the student and he already has his BA..) I am assuming she started late OR is in grad school(in my head she is a grad student). Amy always gets the guys. They flaunt all over her and s
Sadonna
Dec 23, 2011 Sadonna rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm, pdf
I liked this book. I wanted to like it even more. The sex was smokin' hot. But what I wanted to know was more about the MCs and their pasts and what brought them to the place where they were trying to determine what they would be to each other. I felt like the information I got on Jack's past was a little too vague and a little late in the story. Although he was really cocky at the beginning, I wouldn't have thought that came from a place of insecurity and self-protection - at least not until a ...more
Dutchgirl
I liked this story.

Amy has a big crush on her English professor Michael. When her brother Jack meets Michael there is an instant mutual atraction. How will Amy react?

The storyline is good and both Jack and Michael were likable.

garnetyuna
My reactions for this book:
First pages of the book:
After chapter one or two and the rest of the book:
I skipped a lot of text and pages just to read the end, since it had too much sex at-every-freaking-page and were was the freaking plot?! Couldn't stand this book anymore, and there was the toys and kink factor, too- since I hate those themes an advertise at the end of the summary was very welcome so, I wouldn't have given this book a chance to ruin my (reading) day.
Meggie
Enjoyable romance with instant love theme. I liked the couple, both were sweet together. But I have to admit, that this plotted story somehow felt empty. I can't really point it out. Maybe it was simply to easy and fast.
Laura marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Riayl
Riayl added it
Sep 13, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Diemmy
Diemmy marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
Feb 09, 2014
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Not Your Average Romance.

I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada with my husband and two children. I have a BA in Psychology and a certificate in Dramatic Scriptwriting. I very much enjoy writing erotic fiction and exploring the vast arena of sexuality and relationships.

More about Elizabeth Lister...
Apartment 1209 The Beach House Beyond the Edge (The James Lucas Trilogy, #1) Exposure Office Politics (Love is Always Write)