Pugsley (The Puppy Place, #9)

Pugsley (The Puppy Place #9)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  374 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Welcome to the Puppy Place! This Little Apple series stars a lovable new puppy in every book! And it's Charles and Lizzie Peterson's job to find every puppy the perfect home!

Lizzie and Charles Peterson love puppies. Even though they finally have their very own puppy, Buddy, Lizzie still can't get enough time with dogs. She helps her Aunt Amanda at her doggie day care cente
Mass Market Paperback, 96 pages
Published May 1st 2008 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 28th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Pugsley, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pugsley

Marita
Jun 27, 2011 Marita rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: k-1, 2-3
Publisher: Scholastic, p2007, c2007
Original ISBN-13: 978-0-545-03455-5

Genre: Fiction, Dogs Fiction
Interest Level: 3-6
Reading Level: 3.7

Part of the Puppy Place Series. Lizzie works at her aunts doggie day care. A very energetic pug runs the risk of being given to the local humane society if his behavior does not improve. Lizzie tries taking Pugsley on as a foster dog to see what she can do to help his behavior.

1st graders seem to love these.
Ellen Miles lives in Montpelier and is open to visiting...more
Christie Ferdinand
this book is very interesting and it is a nice book and it is about a puppy dog named pugsley and he is very bad and does not listen to his owner's and he also goes to a puppy day care that a women named amanda and her niece own's her neiec works at the day care every wensday and she likes puggsley a lot but he is a very bad dog and is very misbehaved and does not listen so they call him mr. pest because he is a pest to every one even though he is a pest aunt amanda and her niece still cares for...more
Alison Stadt
Pugsly a naughty pup needs to be trained so can Lizzie train him without making a mess?

I love this book including the whole puppy place series!
Lay Criss
These books are so cute. I enjoy reading them, and exploring more into children's lives with dogs.
Nicole
Very cute for kids
Kyleigh  Larson
This is Kyleigh.

Pugsley is a great book it's about a girl named Lizzie that finds a pug named Pugsley at her Aunt Amanda's puppy day care.

Character Trait- Worried because she thinks she won't be able to go to Camp Bowser.

I think the most important event is when she went to Camp Bowser and Pugsley's behavior improved.

I recommend this book for anyone who likes puppies.
Kathy
This is the second of this series I've read to my daughter. Such cute books and I even enjoy them myself! The series is about a family who fosters dogs who need homes but need a bit of help in training etc before a good home is found. This little Pug will melt your heart, such a little naughty thing its hard to believe he was trainable. The new "forever home" was a pleasant surprise!
Denise
Jul 29, 2010 Denise rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: dog lovers, elementary age girls
Okay, so it's not great literature, but I liked it. Just goes to show that interest and background knowledge make all the difference. This book kinda makes me want to quit teaching and start up a doggie daycare, or at the very least, go out and buy another pug! I wonder what Sydney would think of that?
Charlee Jackson
Dec 10, 2011 Charlee Jackson rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Kristen Lindeman
This was an AWESOME book!!! I liked this book because there was a VERY cute puppy named pugsley (shown on cover) And a girl named Lizzie and her family is a foster family for dogs. pugsley is small and cute:) but is a trouble maker. this was a long soothing book with laughs,cuties,etc.
Kristan Webb
I thought that this book was really cute. I think that most students would enjoy this book because they probably have a dog as a pet. I thought that this book could be a good introduction book for a lesson about dogs. I really enjoyed it and I think that students would, as well.
Erika
Oct 14, 2010 Erika added it
Shelves: 1st-quarter
lizzies family are major animal lovers. they take in dogs til the dogs find a good home. she was working at her aunts doggie daycare when she met the dog named pugsley. pugsleys owners gave him up and lizzie wants to take in the dog. this book was kinda lame(:
Creighton
Jenny U
The fact that I bought this book I think proves that I will buy anything with a pug on it, Good book for children on how to take care of a pet, but I wouldn't recommend for the kids at the elementary school I work at.
Karen
Beth brought this home from school as she's read a few in the series but I had to read this one because those adorable puppies eyes on the front made me. I had it done in about an hour and now I want another pug puppy.
J.M.
Very cute book about an adorable little pug named Pugsley. He has no home, and finds one at the Puppy Place.

I read this book to my daughter at 6 years old, and she just re-read it at 8. She loved it both times.
Steve
This book was alright. Maybe it's because I have a weakness for pugs or maybe not. I definitely prefer it to Goldie. It was quite easy to read and certainly not very entertaining but I sort of liked it.
Sloane
Feb 05, 2011 Sloane rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Dog lovers
Recommended to Sloane by: Mom
****Spoiler Alert****

Mr. Pest (Pugsley's nickname) got into more trouble (not good for Lizzie and Charles, but fun for the reader). I am glad they found a cure for him in the end.
Sharra Robson
I really loved the cover. It was so cute it reminded me of my pug!! So cute! But it was a little short for my taste but what the hay!
Amy
This is a great book about a naughty dog named pugsley. Cute story! I like how in the end he gets a home.
Aimee
May 08, 2013 Aimee added it
Shelves: awesome-books
This is a awesome book and Lizzie love puppies like me and then it's so cute how she meets PUGSLEY!!
Ava Gardner
it is a good book for dog lovers. my favorite character was the dog, pugsley.....
Lindesy
i love reading these books to my six baby girls , they are such good books . :)
Mariad
the pug was a great main character and i loved him
Lizzie
Really good book because I love pugs and I have a pug!
Alowe
Very good book.Love the whole series.
Katy
Gorgeous book! So fun and easy to read!
Gideon
man. he. is. a. wild. pup.
Kaylin
Oct 07, 2012 Kaylin rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
cute little pug...puppy
Ashlea
Pugsley is a cute dog story!
  • The Missing Mummy (A to Z Mysteries, #13)
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • Circus Pony (Pony Pals, #11)
  • Penguin Puzzle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #8)
  • Bad Kitty Meets the Baby
  • Lauren the Puppy Fairy (Rainbow Magic: Pet Keeper Fairies, #4)
  • Puppies in the Pantry (Animal Ark, #3)
  • Expedition Down Under (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #10)
  • Mr. Sunny Is Funny! (My Weird School Daze #2)
Goldie (The Puppy Place, #1) Buddy (The Puppy Place, #5) The Wind In The Willows Snowball (The Puppy Place, #2) Doctor Dolittle (Junior Classics)