Start by marking “Pugsley (The Puppy Place, #9)” as Want to Read:
Pugsley (The Puppy Place, #9)

Pugsley (The Puppy Place #9)

4.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  624 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Welcome to the Puppy Place! This Little Apple series stars a lovable new puppy in every book! And it's Charles and Lizzie Peterson's job to find every puppy the perfect home!

Lizzie and Charles Peterson love puppies. Even though they finally have their very own puppy, Buddy, Lizzie still can't get enough time with dogs. She helps her Aunt Amanda at her doggie day care cente
Mass Market Paperback, 96 pages
Published May 1st 2008 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 28th 2008)

Gizmo by Ellen MilesGus by Ellen MilesChewy And Chica by Ellen MilesPrincess by Ellen MilesCooper by Ellen Miles
The puppy place
35th out of 40 books — 4 voters
Lola Goes to Work by Marcia GoldmanI, Jack by Jack the DogThe Case of Jack the Nipper by H.L.  StephensThe Case of Jack the Nipper by H.L.  StephensMo - The Talking Dog by Michelle  Booth
Best Dog Books for Kids Under 12
87th out of 112 books — 30 voters

More lists with this book...

Rebecca McNutt
I'm sorry, but the title Pugsley just made this particular character pop into my head the whole time I was reading:
description
Anyway, I won a copy of this book through some school thing, but I thought I was too old for it so after I read it, I donated it to the library. I know it's just a kids' book but I found it criminally unrealistic. Most notably the fact that the main characters live and breathe dogs. "Doggie (is that even a real word?) day care", "puppy love" and all those god-awful sorts of phrases
Christie Ferdinand
this book is very interesting and it is a nice book and it is about a puppy dog named pugsley and he is very bad and does not listen to his owner's and he also goes to a puppy day care that a women named amanda and her niece own's her neiec works at the day care every wensday and she likes puggsley a lot but he is a very bad dog and is very misbehaved and does not listen so they call him mr. pest because he is a pest to every one even though he is a pest aunt amanda and her niece still cares for ...more
Marita
Jun 27, 2011 Marita rated it it was ok
Shelves: k-1, 2-3
Publisher: Scholastic, p2007, c2007
Original ISBN-13: 978-0-545-03455-5

Genre: Fiction, Dogs Fiction
Interest Level: 3-6
Reading Level: 3.7

Part of the Puppy Place Series. Lizzie works at her aunts doggie day care. A very energetic pug runs the risk of being given to the local humane society if his behavior does not improve. Lizzie tries taking Pugsley on as a foster dog to see what she can do to help his behavior.

1st graders seem to love these.
Ellen Miles lives in Montpelier and is open to visiting
Nicole
Aug 04, 2014 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Very cute for kids
Kristine Hansen
Pugsley has got to be the cutest puppy around. The more I read this book, the more I smiled thinking of all the messes this puppy got into. How enjoyable! Kids who love dogs will latch right onto this one!

I wish the human characters were a little more real. While I enjoyed Lizzie's family a great deal, the doggie daycare just was a little too much to take seriously. While I know such places exist for dogs whose owners are at work all day, the idea of them having parties and crafts and all the re
Reagan
Sep 09, 2014 Reagan rated it it was amazing
Pugsly a naughty pup needs to be trained so can Lizzie train him without making a mess?

I love this book including the whole puppy place series!
Oct 21, 2015 Sarah rated it liked it
Read this to my 2nd and 3rd graders. They loved it. And, they can't get enough of the puppy place books.
Lay Criss
Jul 03, 2014 Lay Criss rated it really liked it
These books are so cute. I enjoy reading them, and exploring more into children's lives with dogs.
Isobel
Dec 09, 2015 Isobel rated it it was amazing
I like it because I love pugs and I used to have a pug
Christine Edwards
Dec 27, 2014 Christine Edwards rated it liked it
It's about a pug, how could I not read it?
Sammy C
i like it! read it!!!!!!!
Cate
Oct 12, 2015 Cate rated it it was amazing
I like little rascal pugsly
Gina
Read it
Kyleigh  Larson
May 21, 2011 Kyleigh Larson rated it it was amazing
This is Kyleigh.

Pugsley is a great book it's about a girl named Lizzie that finds a pug named Pugsley at her Aunt Amanda's puppy day care.

Character Trait- Worried because she thinks she won't be able to go to Camp Bowser.

I think the most important event is when she went to Camp Bowser and Pugsley's behavior improved.

I recommend this book for anyone who likes puppies.
Kathy
Dec 15, 2011 Kathy rated it it was amazing
This is the second of this series I've read to my daughter. Such cute books and I even enjoy them myself! The series is about a family who fosters dogs who need homes but need a bit of help in training etc before a good home is found. This little Pug will melt your heart, such a little naughty thing its hard to believe he was trainable. The new "forever home" was a pleasant surprise!
Denise
Jul 29, 2010 Denise rated it liked it
Recommends it for: dog lovers, elementary age girls
Okay, so it's not great literature, but I liked it. Just goes to show that interest and background knowledge make all the difference. This book kinda makes me want to quit teaching and start up a doggie daycare, or at the very least, go out and buy another pug! I wonder what Sydney would think of that?
Charlee Jackson
Dec 10, 2011 Charlee Jackson rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kristen Lindeman
This was an AWESOME book!!! I liked this book because there was a VERY cute puppy named pugsley (shown on cover) And a girl named Lizzie and her family is a foster family for dogs. pugsley is small and cute:) but is a trouble maker. this was a long soothing book with laughs,cuties,etc.
Kristan Webb
May 01, 2013 Kristan Webb rated it really liked it
I thought that this book was really cute. I think that most students would enjoy this book because they probably have a dog as a pet. I thought that this book could be a good introduction book for a lesson about dogs. I really enjoyed it and I think that students would, as well.
Erika
Oct 14, 2010 Erika added it
Shelves: 1st-quarter
lizzies family are major animal lovers. they take in dogs til the dogs find a good home. she was working at her aunts doggie daycare when she met the dog named pugsley. pugsleys owners gave him up and lizzie wants to take in the dog. this book was kinda lame(:
Creighton
Oct 27, 2010 Creighton rated it it was amazing
Jenny U
Aug 11, 2011 Jenny U rated it liked it
The fact that I bought this book I think proves that I will buy anything with a pug on it, Good book for children on how to take care of a pet, but I wouldn't recommend for the kids at the elementary school I work at.
Karen
Oct 31, 2012 Karen rated it liked it
Beth brought this home from school as she's read a few in the series but I had to read this one because those adorable puppies eyes on the front made me. I had it done in about an hour and now I want another pug puppy.
J.M.
Apr 03, 2012 J.M. rated it liked it
Very cute book about an adorable little pug named Pugsley. He has no home, and finds one at the Puppy Place.

I read this book to my daughter at 6 years old, and she just re-read it at 8. She loved it both times.
Steve
May 20, 2013 Steve rated it it was ok
This book was alright. Maybe it's because I have a weakness for pugs or maybe not. I definitely prefer it to Goldie. It was quite easy to read and certainly not very entertaining but I sort of liked it.
Sloane
Feb 05, 2011 Sloane rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Dog lovers
Recommended to Sloane by: Mom
****Spoiler Alert****

Mr. Pest (Pugsley's nickname) got into more trouble (not good for Lizzie and Charles, but fun for the reader). I am glad they found a cure for him in the end.
Sharra Robson
Mar 12, 2011 Sharra Robson rated it liked it
I really loved the cover. It was so cute it reminded me of my pug!! So cute! But it was a little short for my taste but what the hay!
Amy
Jun 08, 2011 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: puppy-place
This is a great book about a naughty dog named pugsley. Cute story! I like how in the end he gets a home.
  • February Friend (Calendar Mysteries, #2)
  • Ginger (Dog Diaries, #1)
  • Mr. Sunny Is Funny! (My Weird School Daze, #2)
  • Frankie Pickle and the Pine Run 3000 (Frankie Pickle, #2)
  • Adventure According to Humphrey (According to Humphrey, #5)
  • Stop That Hamster! (Ready, Freddy!, #12)
  • Shadow of the Shark (Magic Tree House, #53)
  • Loudest Beagle On The Block (Pet Trouble, #2)
  • Pick of the Litter
  • Tangled: The Junior Novelization
  • Bad Kitty Meets the Baby
  • Dreams Come True (My Secret Unicorn, #2)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • Electric Storm (Magic School Bus Chapter Books, #14)
  • The Great Egyptian Grave Robbery (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #2)
  • Circus Pony (Pony Pals, #11)

The Puppy Place (1 - 10 of 53 books)
  • Goldie (The Puppy Place, #1)
  • Snowball (The Puppy Place, #2)
  • Shadow (The Puppy Place, #3)
  • Rascal (The Puppy Place, #4)
  • Buddy (The Puppy Place, #5)
  • Flash (The Puppy Place, #6)
  • Scout (The Puppy Place, #7)
  • Patches (The Puppy Place, #8)
  • Maggie and Max (The Puppy Place, #10)
  • Noodle (The Puppy Place, #11)