Start by marking “Catch an Honest Thief” as Want to Read:
Catch an Honest Thief

Catch an Honest Thief (A Haven Mystery #1)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Alexia is trying to protect Haven's most valuable asset. Going undercover and stealing the crystals to prove it can be done seemed like a great idea--until a real thief showed up. Bait and switch is suddenly a dangerous game of cat and mouse.

Confessing her part in removing the crystals might aid Chris, the gutsy new security chief, but it would cost Alexia her job and her...more
Published May 5th 2011 by Bear Mountain Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Catch an Honest Thief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catch an Honest Thief

Vicki Tyley
For me, this was a case of don't judge a book by its cover. Instead of the light-hearted cozy the cover suggested, I found this to be a taut, pacy hi-tech mystery. My sort of reading.

A big thank you to the person who recommended it.
Phyllis
Wow! What an exciting mystery with a unique and intellingent lead character, psychiatrist
Alexia. I was initially reluctant to buy or read this book because of it's futuristic "sci-fi" description that isn't usually my cup of tea. Boy, was I wrong!!! Many thanks to the author, Ms. Schneider, for sharing this engaging mystery with me. When I first started the book, it was a little disconcerting not to know more about Haven and it's place in the world. This concern was quickly resolved as I got mor...more
April
This book is very hard to categorize: set in the near future with gadgets = scifi? protagonist looking to solve a mystery = mystery? characters involved in chase across dessert including rattlesnakes, rampaging dogs and trustworthy horses = adventure? protagonist becomes romantically interested in one of the other characters = romance? Well, it was all of those and more.

So, while I have a hard time categorizing it, I have no trouble saying that if you like one or more of the above, you'll like t...more
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
This was a really fun read. I really enjoyed the storyline and all the characters.
You can read more on my blog:
Virginia Aikens
Virginia Aikens marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
DeadlyHausfrau
DeadlyHausfrau marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Julie
Julie added it
May 24, 2014
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Gloria Mahaffey
Gloria Mahaffey marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Alina-Diana Matache
Alina-Diana Matache marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Tamslyn
Tamslyn marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2013
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2013
Ayny
Ayny marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Bethny Coates
Bethny Coates marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2013
Aeokie
Aeokie marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2013
Cyndie
Cyndie marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2013
Jae
Jae added it
May 28, 2013
Edel
Edel marked it as to-read
May 05, 2013
Lenora
Lenora marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2013
Alison G.
Alison G. marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
Sherri
Sherri marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2012
Cozy Mysteries : I Did Not Go Hunting 1 17 Nov 14, 2013 06:21AM
Cozy Mysteries : Friday Freebie - Top Secret 1 23 May 24, 2013 06:44AM

If you were a character from a book, who would you be??

I'd be a dream catcher, the mystic woven spheres of the American Indian, catching the bad dreams and letting through only the good.

I'd be a dream weaver, she who tells stories woven from bits of dust and starlight.
More about Maria E. Schneider...
Under Witch Moon (Moon Shadows, #1) Executive Lunch (A Sedona O'Hala Mystery #1) Under Witch Aura (Moon Shadows, #2) Dragons of Wendal Executive Sick Days (A Sedona O'Hala Mystery #3)