Start by marking “Poems That Touch the Heart” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Poems That Touch the H...

A.L. Alexander

Poems That Touch the Heart

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  14 reviews
With over 650,000 copies in print, Poems That Touch The Heart is America's most popular collection of inspirational verse.

From the Hardcover edition.
Published February 8th 2012 by Doubleday (first published 1941)

To ask other readers questions about Poems That Touch the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poems That Touch the Heart

Tasia
It's a nice collection, though it can wax didactic. Many poems can appear very naive; just think happy thoughts, and you'll be happy! Oh, if we were all happy and peaceful, the world would be a better place. Things like that. The introduction says that we live in a world where cynicism is the norm, that if you have any kind of sentiment or faith, you're seen as childish. Thinking of that, it seems like I'm holding these virtues against the collection… but while I do value faith in humanity and t ...more
Rebecca
I love this poetry book. I happened upon it when I was browsing at the bookstore one day. I didn't realize what a treasure it would be. I'm so glad I have it.

Most of the poetry is easy to read, thought provoking, and inspiring. It's not a book of long poems; but it does have a lot of well-known poetry in it.

If you can find a copy, I recommend it. It's a great book to reference now and again. I did read it cover to cover the first time. Then I highlighted my favorites so I could read them again
Fredrick Danysh
This is a collection of poems by various poets about life, happiness, faith, and other topics. There is something for everyone here and all are inspirational.
Hope
It's too bad that what passes for inspirational verse is mostly fluffy.
Pamela Moore
This is an anthology of light poetry on nearly every subject of interest. Everyone should find something in this book -- if you are a layman of poetry.
Sadie
I love poetry and this collection of poems didn't disappoint. Most of them are touching, feel-good, rhyming ones..which is my favorite kind of poem.
Alice
I enjoyed this compilation of poetry so much that there really isn't any binding left on my book to hold it together.
Snailbookworm
A beautiful compilation of lovely, inspiring and thought provoking poems. One of the best gifts I received.
Rebecca Rash
Have a really old copy, and have read all once, but always go back for my favorites.
Tonya Warren
When feeling low I can't think of a more constructive way to lift ones spirit.
Suzanne
A wonderful collection of poems that I enjoyed reading each day!
Angie
This is beautiful light compilation of poems.
Jeni
Mar 25, 2009 Jeni marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
p.121
Zuli
Zuli marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
levi young ringener
levi young ringener marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Rodney Fielding
Rodney Fielding marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014