Start by marking “Nanny Behaving Badly” as Want to Read:
Nanny Behaving Badly

Nanny Behaving Badly

2.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  95 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Strong, silent-type single dad hires wild streak nanny—off-limits opposites attract.
Maddie Adams hopes for a smooth ride in her new temporary coffee shop job so she doesn’t mean to make the worst impression possible with the handsome café owner, Lyle Sutherland. His suggestion that she becomes his son’s replacement nanny shocks them both.
Hormones are on fast-track living a
Kindle Edition, 2 edition, 192 pages
Published September 20th 2011 by E-scape Press Limited (first published February 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Nanny Behaving Badly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nanny Behaving Badly

Shirley Owl
Feb 01, 2013 Shirley Owl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Got this out of the library as an audio book and always find them difficult to rate as the voice of the reader influences how you imagine the characters - very pleased the reader did not try a scottish sounding voice. I have not read many modern day romances set in Scotland and loved the setting . The story was fresh and had depth with Maddie's blue hair. The food critic incident where Maddie's charge and locks her boss Lyle in the store room... Much of the story is about Maddie's reaction to be ...more
Nicky
This writing is pretty bad (Several sentences just dont make sense and are incomplete), also instead of quotation marks this author uses apostrophes.. I cant think of anyone talking like these people do, its so stilted and it really seems forced not to mention the characters seem to be on overdrive-- Their thoughts come out of nowhere or in the middle of something not even related.. example : " Temp nanny reporting for duty. Ready to serve. Is this really your house or a luxury hotel? It's bast ...more
ARe Cafe
Mar 22, 2013 ARe Cafe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An ARe Cafe top pick for April, 2011.

In the case of Nanny Behaving Badly, both the title and the book cover will help sell the book, but they do not do the story justice. Maddie is not naughty but impetuous, loving and impulsive. If I have a ‘nit’ with this story it is the background reason for Maddie’s distrust. While completely justified, Ms. Jarvie failed to convince me that Maddie’s extreme reaction was fully believable.

The author’s writing style is snappy, fun and enticing. Her character de
Cat
Mar 01, 2012 Cat rated it it was ok
This book had a TON of story - which I liked. The main character was fiesty and determined, without being too stubborn or obnoxious. Male lead was different than the usual, in that he was a loving (and doting) father, who prefers committed relationships.

Sparks fly throughout the book but it's not until about the 50% mark (reading on a Kindle = no page numbers) that things happen. Storyline is interesting, though not very unique or brilliant. Relationship building (trust) is a huge them, and in m
Puna
Jan 02, 2014 Puna rated it did not like it
Should have been called 'Nanny behaving Stupidly'. I wouldn't willing let a chick this messed to up near my kid. All she did was run away without a thought in her itty bitty head. She's paranoid & uncaring. *SPOILER* At one point they break up because of her paranoia and when he asks if she stay long enough to say goodbye to his son (a child she has supposedly bonded with) she says, basically, 'you caused the problem, you do it.'
Ivanna Willis
Jun 15, 2015 Ivanna Willis rated it did not like it
DNF terrible.
Melody
Feb 23, 2014 Melody rated it really liked it
sweet romance!
Nell
Mar 15, 2012 Nell rated it liked it
This was a really a 3.5 from me. A nice story with a strong heroine and hero. It felt over edited leaving the writing choppy and disconnected in places and I lost sense of where the couple were in a few scenes. A good and enjoyable read and left me looking forward to reading more from this author.
Julie Burns
It's a great story.
But I got confused in parts, one minute we were maddie, then we were lyle. But there was clear switch.
A few of these ****** might have helped. We switched from one to another, and it made me dizzy.
But apart from that. A good free read.
Maria Waltner
Feb 28, 2012 Maria Waltner rated it liked it
Surprisingly good considering the poorly chosen title and cover art that was not really reflective of the story content. Better differentiation or demarcation needed to be made between different character thoughts and actions as well as dialogue.
Chanpreet
Apr 02, 2012 Chanpreet rated it liked it
This book is very intricate. The characters have lots of issues that come to the front. I felt as if I had missed a previous book/story, but it was very enjoyable and well written.
Charlie
Oct 05, 2011 Charlie rated it it was amazing
I was going to open a tearoom but now it has to be a coffee shop. As long as Lyle is in charge of showing me the ropes, of course! A great read.
Linda
Mar 01, 2012 Linda rated it it was amazing
Warm and racy. Who knew Scotland in winter could be so smokin hot. Likeable characters and great setting. I loved it. You will too
Rachel Lyndhurst
Oct 03, 2011 Rachel Lyndhurst rated it it was amazing
A feisty heroine, a hero to melt for, snow and gingerbread lattes ... A wonderful, heart-warming read. Highly recommended.
Melanie
Mar 01, 2012 Melanie rated it it was ok
Shelves: audio
Don't know if it was the audio or the story but I found myself getting annoyed with the characters throughout.
Shonnie
Mar 04, 2012 Shonnie rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-book
This story was boring and a waste of my time. It was just words that went on forever.
Kallie
Mar 02, 2012 Kallie rated it did not like it
The main character Maggie Adams annoyed the ever living hell out of me. Waste of time.
AudioBookFans
Oct 20, 2011 AudioBookFans rated it liked it
Read my indepth audiobook review at www.audiobookfans.com
Sumaya
Aug 03, 2012 Sumaya added it
Shelves: read-sort-of
It was too slow for me, so I didn't bother finishing it :/
Joanne
Apr 13, 2012 Joanne rated it liked it
Sexy,romantic Chicklit which was fun to read :)
Julia
May 24, 2012 Julia rated it did not like it
This book sucked and thats all I can say!
Dalia   ;)*
I'm feeling generous I'll give it I 2.5
SandraE
Aug 06, 2012 SandraE rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
An ok story.
Janet Fair
Janet Fair marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Vic
Vic rated it liked it
May 26, 2016
Tania
Tania marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Dana Sankey Kickova
Dana Sankey Kickova rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Romance writer from Scotland.
I champion readers craving flirty keeper heroes and heroines with sass. Romantic comedy writer with warmth and sparks.
More about Judy Jarvie...