Start by marking “Hobin Luckyfeller's Fieldguide: Demoni Vankil” as Want to Read:
Hobin Luckyfeller's Fieldguide: Demoni Vankil

Hobin Luckyfeller's Fieldguide: Demoni Vankil (Höbin Luckyfeller's Fieldguides #1)

An ancient puzzle box.
Fourteen mysterious letters.
A Council of Whispers.
…and a clerk.

Discover the 700 year old secret millions died to protect.
Published September 21st 2011 by On The Fly Publications (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hobin Luckyfeller's Fieldguide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hobin Luckyfeller's Fieldguide

Jen (Books that Spark)
If you read my review for 'Prelude to a Hero' by Jaime Buckley, you will already be aware of my great admiration for the unique world Buckley has created. When the opportunity arose to review his new book, 'Hobin Luckyfeller's Fieldguide: Demoni Vankil', I jumped at the opportunity.

I read Prelude to a Hero back in July 2011 but I didn't realise just how much I missed this series until I began reading this book. The central character in this story is Hobin Luckyfeller; a gnome who is attempting t
Kaitlyn
Nov 17, 2011 Kaitlyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-books
I love the font used for “Demoni Vankil.” It looks like it is scratched into the book. I also like how it looks like a leather bound book. Am I the only one who wishes that books were still made that way--with the fancy ribbon bookmark? Yeah? Probably.

I read Prelude to a Hero back in June and was very happy to be brought back into the world with Hobin Luckyfeller’s Fieldguide: Demoni Vankil. Although the characters were different, they were just as charming and I connected with them instantly. T
Leilani
Feb 01, 2012 Leilani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read plenty of books that have gnomes IN them, but having one for the main character was not only new, but this was one of the most enjoyable books I've ever read.

Hobin takes you on an adventure through the past and into the letters sent by a loving husband and father to his family. It was exciting and I felt goose bumps raise on my skin as he uncovered secrets that people had died to protect. I've been known to make comments while I'm reading a book aloud, but this book managed to bring ou
Jeremiah Tipping
I absolutely Love Demoni Vankil. The adventure I took with that gruff gnome Hobin was definitely a superb one. I was able to connect with the characters so well, Jaime's writings have a way to bring out emotions ( good and bad) that make you feel that you know and care for the people your reading about in the book.

I really liked being able to go back and Learn some of the history of the Wanted Hero universe i cant wait for more of Hobin's Fieldguids.

Five stars for sure !! XD

Evan
Oct 03, 2011 Evan rated it it was amazing
You don't ever hear anyone say things like "Sometimes its nice to just sit back in a comfy chair, prop up your legs, and read about a gnome." Do you?

Neither do I. In fact I would laugh at you if you said that to me. However after Demoni Vankil I think It'd be nice to sit down and read about any of Jaime Buckley's gnome stories, esp about this lovely character Hobin.

Fantastic story, one to get the wheels in your noggin' movin'. I recommend it to any fantasy reader, or someone who just wants a sho
Nathan
Sep 23, 2011 Nathan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book could be called fantasy, fun, or a host of other labels. . .I would call it one the best love stories I have ever read. In my opinion, the best love stories are the ones where you don't realize it is a love story until it sneaks up on you and hooks you. Jaime Buckley is revealing himself to be a master storyteller who can use several voices to great affect. I am looking forward to what comes next, it will be amazing when this guy hits it big!
Shadowlantern
Dec 03, 2011 Shadowlantern rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took me a bit to get into the book but, once I got in a little ways, I really began to enjoy it! It was very different and unique and I felt like I was tracing some great mystery backwards.
There were some very interesting and powerful concepts thrown in right at the end that were really the highlights of the story and, even if I hadn't enjoyed the book (although I did), I would have thought it well worth reading just for the finale.
Craig
Feb 07, 2012 Craig rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!
Heather
Oct 12, 2012 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review also found on my blog The (Mis)Adventures of a Twenty-Something Year Old Girl.

I loved this book! I loved the intrigue and mystery...and it had a gnome!!!! I love gnomes!!!

Hobin Luckyfeller is a fishis (want to know what that is, then look it up in the book, lol). He comes across fourteen letters sent from a husband to his wife that talk about a major project that has to do with runes and how to trap the Dark Lord. Hobin must try to read in between the lines to figure out what everything m
Liv
Aug 13, 2012 Liv rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A long pursuit summed up in a short story. My kind of read, for two reasons:
1) I rarely have spare time...
2) When I do I want to enjoy something worthwhile.
This story holds truth with consequences, insight to hidden mysteries, and, of course, a grand discovery that brings things to a fulfilling and worthwhile conclusion.
Tie that in with the affectionate relationship shared with the characters and you've got me hooked in a way that I can't shake.
I guessed what the ending might be, yet didn't
Jaime Buckley
Sep 22, 2011 Jaime Buckley rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
An ancient puzzle box.
Fourteen mysterious letters.
A Council of Whispers.
...and a clerk

Discover the 700 year old secret millions died to protect.

I enjoyed this adventure with Hobin. Taking us along for the ride through time--putting together the pieces to this ancient story of folklore. The opportunity to experience a bit of Hobin's personality and to watch how his mind works was enjoyable, his conclusions impressive. This is a story I won't soon forget!

...a book I highly recommend to those who l
Jessica
Aug 17, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this. It made me cry.

Hobin is hilarious, and anytime I read of the accident in the tavern, I jump out of my seat--paranoid that the book I'm reading might get ruined. Silly, I know.

If you don't mind crying while reading s book--you should really try this book.
Francine "Tsukime"
Review to Follow
Jaime Buckley
Sep 21, 2011 Jaime Buckley rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Evan
Evan rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2011
Myrl Akeva Koevum
Myrl Akeva Koevum rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Aubrianna
Aubrianna rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2012
Drew
Drew rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2014
Bentley
Bentley rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2012
Nic
Nic marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2012
Alan2667
Alan2667 marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2012
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2013
Tania
Tania marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
JoAnn
JoAnn marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2013
Bert Edens
Bert Edens marked it as to-read
May 21, 2013
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Colton Allred
Colton Allred marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Shawna
Shawna marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2017
Amelia
Amelia marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2013
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Lexi
Lexi marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Lezli
Lezli marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2016
Jennifer Szonye
Jennifer Szonye marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2017
Alex Mctesterino
Alex Mctesterino marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2017
Author, illustrator & father of 12, Jaime writes YA Fantasy and focuses his efforts on his online creation Wanted Hero which caters to readers.

"I’ve always wanted to do something famous. Never wanted to BE famous, mind you…just DO something famous.

Well that…and marry the prettiest girl in the world.

So after I found her, wooed her with my irresistible charm and married her, I got back to sear
More about Jaime Buckley...

Höbin Luckyfeller's Fieldguides (2 books)
  • Bloodsticks: A brief history & practical application (Höbin Luckyfeller's Fieldguides, #2)

“We will forever be vulnerable to the weaknesses in our own hearts and our selfish desires.” 2 likes
“Power, money, lusts of the flesh and any other desire which takes a man, a family, a village or a nation from peace or freedom and places it under the sword is tyranny and the enemy of all.” 1 likes