Start by marking “Party Naked (Cocktales #1)” as Want to Read:
Party Naked (Cocktales #1)

Party Naked (Cocktales #1)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  604 ratings  ·  69 reviews
Cocktales, Book One

Stephanie Harper is perfectly happy co-owning Books and Brew, where she slings drinks and entertains her friends with cutting wit and a cynical take on love. She’s convinced she has no time for anything deeper than sex, she has a business to run, after all. And her thrice-married mother has proven happy ever after doesn’t exist.

Jarod Nolan begs to differ

ebook, Moderne, 105 pages
Published September 1st 2011 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Party Naked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Party Naked

Pam
4 stars
"I’m not looking to fall in love. Lust? Definitely. Sexual attraction? I’m in. Red-hot, set-the-sheets-on-fire fucking? Hell yeah. Forever? No way.”

What a fun read this was, Party Naked was exactly what I needed, something fun, sexy and HOT. On a side note, if Books and Brew actually existed, I’d be there all day every day…alcohol and books, sign me up ;)

Steph, has no time for love, she has a three-year commitment to Books and Brew, as a part owner along with her three girlfriends and
MountainKat
This a really sweet and pretty hot short little read! Some authors do better with shorter stories and Mari Carr is one who does! She manages to make you care for the characters and believe in the relationship without leaving you feeling that something is missing. In this story we meet Stephanie and Jarod. Stephanie has opened a bar/bookstore with three of her friends. They agreed to give it three years of their complete attention to make it a success, two years into this Steph meets Jarod when h ...more
Tabatha
I really enjoyed this one and didn't put it down until I was finished. Stephanie Harper joined forces after college with her three friends to open Books and Brew, a combination of a bookstore and a bar. First off... what a great idea! I would so love to go to a place like this!

For Stephanie the hard work is paying off with business, but taking a major toll on her social life. After one hell of an awful day, she gives into her frustration and double parks not realizing that she just who she park
Heather in FL
This was a sweet story. Not super-long, but good. I do enjoy a story where the woman is not fit, not fat, but completely comfortable in her skin. I thought how Stephanie and Jared met was unique and humorous. That he showed up later at her bar/store, not knowing she'd be there, was even better. And how he pursued her on his terms was great. While I understand why Stephanie felt as she did, I thought Jarod was pretty strong to have gone through what they went through just for the sake of proving ...more
Trea
To me, Ellora's Cave books are hit or miss, falling on either one side of the "Too short/Just right" line. This one fell squarely on the Too Short side! One thing that we can count on from Ellora's Cave is hot and steamy romances, and this one is no exception, but at the end I was left wanting to know what happened to the couple! To me, there are too many unanswered questions about if the relationship survives or not. It ended abruptly for me, and I didn't care for that at all. Glad that I picke ...more
LC
Didn't quite do it for me but not sure why. I usually love anything by Mari Carr. I think the heroine was a little too "romance hating" for me. Great chemistry between Stephanie and Jarod though.
Jaime Williams
Cute fast read
AnnaBanana
I fell in love with erotica because of Mari Carr. My very first erotica book was Tequila Truth and I loved it! This book just proves that writing gets better and better the more you do it. I LOVED this book!!! It has moved right to the top of my favorites list. She has all of the elements you would expect in an erotica novella but it also has a great story with very believable characters and probably the best sex scenes I’ve ever read! That’s usually hard to do in such a short story, but once ag ...more
Guilty Pleasures
This review posted onGuilty Pleasures

The first book in Mari Carr’s new series- Cocktales- delivers all around. I didn't put the Kindle down until I was finished. I fell in love with the premise of the series immediately. Four girlfriends from college with different degrees decide to open a book store/bar rightly named Books and Brew. It has a coffee shop feel that looks more like a living room with plenty of couches and over-sized chairs to lounge around in and get comfy. Book clubs or the every
Romancing the Book
Reviewed By~Ive
Review Copy Provided By~publisher

Stephanie Harper has the best job, she co-owns a book store that sells liquor...how awesome is that! Jarod Nolan is a new detective and the last thing he thought he would be doing on his first day on the job is to be writing a double parking ticket. He had just been dumped by his girlfriend for being too nice and he decided that day to show someone anyone just how not nice he can be. He didn't realize this was going to lead him into the arms of th
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Strong minded Heroines and devastatingly sexy Heroes always make for a great story. Add in a great plot line and sexual chemistry and you have Party Naked. This book will keep you page turning wanting more. So if you like to read about a HEA with a real story attached, something that you could see happening in to you in real life, than this is a story to check out.

Coming from a recent break-up leaves Jarod, our main male character, l
Cheryl
This book was slow to start, but once it did, the dialogue was witty, the sex was hot, and the chemistry was real. They're so cute! :) I laughed at their banter, and these characters were so fun to go on the romantic journey with. I love that this story acknowledges the stereotypes of the romance genre while also being a part of the romance genre; that makes my heart happy. The use of 'party naked' was so clever ;)
Leigh Ann
cute little quick read! i enjoyed the storyline, aswell as the sex scenes! i wanted to shake stephanie through out the book and wake her up to the hot, romantic relationship she was keeping herself from! This is a good read, I would lend it me my friends!

only thing i am alittle dissapointed in is that i purchased the book on sale for 1.99, i believe and the next few books in the series are all over 5.00. I will be waiting to purchase the next one i think.
Melinda
Party Naked is honest in it's portrayal of sex from a sex positive perspective. Stephanie is a woman who likes sex and isn't ashamed of it. Jarod is attracted to Stephanie but is having a bad day because he got dumped by a woman he realized he needed to dump. No problem really just mad because he was dumped because he is too nice. Hilarious. Who dumps someone because they are too nice?

Anyway the rest of the story is really watching Stephanie deal with her issues around commitment while Jarod pat
Helen Williams
Party Naked

Stephanie doesn't believe in love based on her mother's relationships.

So when she meets Jarod and starts what she considers a fling she's not prepared when Jarod tells her he wants more.

She finally begins to examine her feelings and decides she wants to give the relationship a chance.
Lisa
Well written role-reversal story where the hero is the one looking for love and the heroine is not. The characters are likable and believable. Story is believable and held my interest. I never rolled my eyes, or thought, "This is stupid". The love scenes were hot. At one point I did wonder if the position they were in was really possible, but that's not all that unusual with romance novels. Considering the romantic role-reversal, I was concerned that the author might go with the old standby of c ...more
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Loved this book.. It was a funny, sexy read.. This is the first in a series that takes place in Books and Brew. Its about 4 college friends who decide to go into business together after they graduated. This book is about Stephanie who has a major in psychology but runs the bar part of Books and Brew. She doesn't believe in romance or love at first site or even relationships. She meets Jarod as he is giving her a ticket for double parking and blocking him in and immediately dislikes him. But this ...more
Tammie
Stephanie doesn't believe in love and romance. She certainly doesn't think the crappy day she's having will produce the man of her dreams. But that's exactly what happens when Jarod Nolan tickets her for double-parking. Fate continues to intervene that night when Jarod's undercover work lands him in her bar. There are plenty of laugh-out-loud moments as Jarod works to prove to Stephanie that there's more going on between them than lust. There's several hot scenes, and really great chemistry betw ...more
Anna
A good light, fast read. Wanted more of Stephanie and Jarod's story now though! I can't find any of Mari Carr's series' that follow the same characters for more than 1 book...?
Donna
Short hot and surprisingly sweet story. Usually when you have a quick read like this it is either super sexy or sweet so when I found both in this story it made my day. Stephanie Harper is working hard to make her dreams come true. Despite her degree in psychology she is working as a bartender as part owner of Books and Brew. She doesn’t believe in love as she’s seen her mother try and fail repeatedly. When she gets a ticket from hot cop Jarod Nolan and he follows it up with a visit to Books and ...more
Barbara
Really enjoyed this one! Book 1 of the new Cocktales series is fast, funny, and just plain sexy. Stephanie Harper and her college girlfriends are co-owners of Books and Brew, where she is the bartender a.k.a., Screwdriver queen. :)

A quick double-parking incident, while on a liquor run, produces a chance meeting with Detective Jarod Nolan. But little does Stephanie realize that meeting is only the beginning of the most exciting (and smexy!) times to come.

Highly recommended. Another fun read from
Jeanne
Excellent start to a smoking hot series!
Linda
Stephanie´s having the worst day in a long time, everything that can go wrong, goes wrong. Double parking and getting a parking ticket is just the last straw.
Jarod never thought that being blocked in and writing a ticket would get him a new acquaintance, but meeting her for the second time the same day, end in a kiss no one saw coming. He had to stop her from blurbing his secret somehow, right? =)
A commitment-phobic bartender and a man who´s not afraid to go after what he wants, gives you a gre
Edith
ohohoho, it was really good!
Angel **Book Junkie**
This was a hot, sweet, sexy, short story! I think the reason I did not enjoy it as much as most of Mari Carr's story is the whole... I am the way I am because of my mother, father, or childhood gets really old. Just because your mother acted a certain way does not mean it should effect you in the future. I know that is a little shallow but, I feel like every book I have read lately has that as part of the plot. I really did like the second book and I will read the next book in the series.
Michelle
Wow, I was so surprised by the emotions that I felt reading this story. Maybe I related to Stephanie or Maybe it was Jarod's patience/persistence or I'm PMSing but whichever way you slice it... It was a great story. Plenty of heat to go with the humor and pulling of the heart strings. Can't wait to read about the other friends and how it all works out in the end. Looking for an easy read that will keep your interest then please read on...
Caro
This was another pretty good shorter read. I liked the characters and their personalities. This was definitely a colorful read and the dialog was great. I laughed, smiled, got a little hot and bothered, cheered on the hero, wanted to smack the heroine (just a little), and liked the ending. I loved the book club too, that was kinda fun. Loved those ladies. A great read for passing time, relaxing, cuddling-up or for a rainy day. Enjoy
Becky Lawson
Oh, where to begin? After being burned MANY times in life by love, I can FULLY understand where Stephanie is coming from in her outlook on true love. It seems very elusive, if not a fantasy.

But I also understand Jarod's point of view on the subject. It just takes the right one to show you it's possible.

Overall, I liked this book VERY much. I would recommend it to anyone who likes a bit of sap with their smut!
Kim
Okay I got this as a free book for my Nook and I have to say I really liked it. The characters were good and the comments made were realistic. I found myself reading along and then it just ended. That would be my only complaint was that it was too short. I am interested enough to go on to book 2 and see if the author brings the characters from book one for an update.

• Impact (Buckin' Bull Riders, #1)
  • Broken Lies (Broken, #2)
  • Tied & Twisted (Taken in Bondage, #1)
  • Harker's Journey (Dalakis Passion, #1)
  • Heated Match (Coded for Love #1)
  • Ellora's Cavemen: Seasons of Seduction I
  • Risking Eternity (Heavenly Lovers, #1)
  • Burn (Purgatory Club, #4)
  • Undone Rebel (Undone Lovers, #1)
  • Hired (Hot Ice, #1)
  • Risk Is A Four-Letter Word (Four-Letter Word #1)
  • Jungle Inferno (Phoenix Agency, #1)
  • Suck and Blow (Party Games, #1)
  • A Devil's Touch (The Devil DeVere #4.5)
  • Razor's Edge (Men in Blue, #2)
  • Losing Control (Losing Control, #1)
  • In the Moment (Moments, #1)
  • Destiny by Design
Writing a book was number one on Mari Carr’s bucket list and on her thirty-fourth birthday, she set out to see that goal achieved. Five years later, her computer is jammed full of stories — novels, novellas, short stories and dead-ends and six of her books have been published.

High school librarian by day and mother of two busy teenagers, Mari Carr found time for writing by squeezing it into the ho
More about Mari Carr...

Cocktales (4 books)
  • Screwdriver (Cocktales, #2)
  • Bachelor's Bait (Cocktales, #3)
  • Screaming Orgasm (Cocktales, #4)
Southern Comfort (Compass Brothers, #2) Fix You (Second Chances, #1) Come Monday (Wild Irish, #1) Western Ties (Compass Brothers #4) Sugar and Spice (What Women Like, #1)