Start by marking “The Secret World of Arrietty (Film Comic), Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
The Secret World of Arrietty (Film Comic), Vol. 2

The Secret World of Arrietty (Film Comic), Vol. 2 (The Secret World of Arrietty #2)

Based on the beloved classic The Borrowers by Mary Norton

Reads R to L (Japanese Style) for A.

Arrietty isn't your ordinary fourteen-year-old girl, she's small enough to make her home under the floorboards of a typical house borrowing what she and her family needs from the giants in whose shadows they live. A young boy named Sho befriends Arrietty, but when adults discover
Published February 7th 2012 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 3rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret World of Arrietty (Film Comic), Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret World of Arrietty (Film Comic), Vol. 2

Nicola Mansfield
Apr 02, 2012 Nicola Mansfield rated it really liked it
Reason for Reading: The Borrowers is my 2nd favourite "little people" book. (Mistress Masham's Repose is my first) As soon as I saw the name Arrietty in the title I knew the book would have something to do with the Borrowers and had to read it.

This is the film adaptation manga of the Japanese anime film produced by Studio Ghibli (most internationally famous for "Howl's Moving Castle"). It is a great adaptation of Mary Norton's "The Borrowers". Volume 2 continues where Volume 1 left off and this
Michelle Cristiani
Feb 06, 2016 Michelle Cristiani rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Elizabeth Periale
Mar 24, 2012 Elizabeth Periale rated it really liked it

"A smaller-sized graphic novel has also been produced, in two parts, The Secret World of Arrietty 1 and 2. Laid out in the traditional Japanese right to left format, both volumes are in full color and reproduce the film utilizing the script and still images. The story is divided into four chapters over the film comic's two books."
Kristina Marie
Dec 30, 2014 Kristina Marie rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2014
3. I really enjoyed this cute story. The second volume has all of the action that the first lacks. I think it could have been distributed more evenly or as one collection. I'd read more if the story were to continue.
P.
Mar 26, 2012 P. rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, yyay
Although this full color comic version shows you how gorgeous the film will be, you can tell it's just stills of an animated film. That being said, it's a good way to hype oneself up for seeing the film!
Scott
Apr 21, 2015 Scott rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
A book taken from a movie that was based on a book (The Borrowers) - say that three times fast.
Since I've read The Borrowers this was somewhat predictable but it's still a great story and the artwork was exceptional. A little expensive I thought but definitely worth reading.
Chelsea
Mar 04, 2012 Chelsea rated it it was amazing
This was a fun book and I am looking forward to seeing the movie.
Y
Sep 20, 2015 Y rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Second book of the cute comics of Arrietty. I have to say, it's nice to have this movie all packed up into only two volumes (Spirited Away has 5!)
Marjorie
Jul 10, 2013 Marjorie rated it it was amazing
good. the movie is amazing
Sam Lonberg
Mar 18, 2014 Sam Lonberg rated it really liked it
Charming, clever, and great animation (illustrations). Pretty much everything you come to expect from Studio Ghibli.
Lauren
Mar 07, 2013 Lauren rated it liked it
Still quite beautiful....and it was still cute. Quite cheesy at the end haha but what can you do! Easy, easy read!
Snow
reviewing for ICv2
Matt Dawes
Matt Dawes rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2013
Sarah rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2014
Anushka
Anushka rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2015
Viatrix
Viatrix rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2015
Courtney
Courtney rated it liked it
May 22, 2012
Megan Fitzwilliam
Megan Fitzwilliam rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2012
SSBSMS
SSBSMS rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2012
C.E.
C.E. rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2012
Amy M.
Amy M. rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2012
McKaelle
McKaelle rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2014
Lady Light
Lady Light rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2015
Martha Kuzmenko
Martha Kuzmenko rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2014
Wren
Wren rated it really liked it
May 23, 2012
William Stanger
William Stanger rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2015
Jenn Tu
Jenn Tu rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2015
Matthew Taylor
Matthew Taylor rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2013
Kenn Lowell
Kenn Lowell rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2016
Nat
Nat rated it liked it
May 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »

The Secret World of Arrietty (2 books)
  • The Secret World of Arrietty (Film Comic), Vol. 1