Start by marking “What a Nice Guy” as Want to Read:
What a Nice Guy

Read eBook

What a Nice Guy

2.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  30 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Do you know any nice guys? Perhaps you’re married to or good friends with one. Well, consider the possibility that this nice guy is so frustrated with his relationship failures that he needs to vent to keep from turning into a bad boy with anger issues. Then, try not to spit hot coffee as you read his sarcastic rants about why men and women don’t seem to fit.

Excerpt from W
Nook, 0 pages
Published September 8th 2011 by Phil Torcivia (first published September 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about What a Nice Guy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What a Nice Guy

Christine Cunningham
I admit reading some of the articles in this book were laughable and that all of them were meant to be taken with a grain of salt. That being said I had a very hard time completing this book. It was like trying to watch Dane Cook perform. Yes, a few laughs at the beginning and then you become distracted by the bizarre prancing, and wild-eyed looks punctuated with angry hand-on-hip stances.

I understand that this brand of humor has its place in society, and I applaud the author for finding a way t
M.j. Holmes
Nov 08, 2011 M.j. Holmes rated it really liked it
Quoted Matter:
"When asked what type of woman I'm attracted to and what I'm looking for in a relationship, I hear Nature giggle at each answer." ~from the chapter 'BOTTLED'

Keeping in mind I have yet to read this book's predecessors, and that I'm happily married with children, I found Mr. Torcivia's work an entertaining piece. The fifth of his collections of weblog entries, he writes of love, the sexes, and getting snipped.
If his other works equal this one, then you can be sure you'll not find
Terry LaBarba
Mar 27, 2012 Terry LaBarba rated it it was amazing
**Humorous, Yet Loaded with Insight**

I found myself reading this one to quickly escape, knowing the segments were short, easily picking it up and putting it down as I needed to fit it into a hectic and tumultuous time for me. The comedy of it was soothing and lightened my heart, but this book runs deeper than the casual read. There's a lot of self discovery that can happen when you recognize yourself within the accounts.

Torcivia has a way with words. His ability to find another way to say, or ca
Meghan
Jan 30, 2012 Meghan rated it liked it
I came across this book on the Women’s Literary Cafe website and requested it as one of my January review picks. It wasn’t exactly what I thought it would be, but I ended up enjoying it for what it was.

What a Nice Guy by Phil Torcivia is a book comprised of various vignettes about life, love, and relationships from the blog that Phil keeps. Many of them are humorous, although there are people who would probably consider some of them crass as well. As a divorced man approaching age 50, Phil has h
Leslie
Dec 31, 2012 Leslie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who needs a good laugh...and if you need some dating tips
Shelves: humor-comedy
If you need a pick me up (if you choose not to indulge in alcohol or recreational drugs), then you should read this book. I don't find many books that could make me laugh out loud, but I definitely was with this book.

It's basically a book composed of the author's thoughts in the world of men, women, sex, dating and other things categorized under miscellaneous. All told with a great sense of humor (at least in my opinion - I know there are people out there who may get offended w/his language and
David
Jan 20, 2016 David rated it did not like it
This is a series of newspaper columns by a God-hating, misogynist boozehound who has the morals of an alleycat. Don't bother.
Suzanne
Apr 15, 2012 Suzanne rated it liked it
This actually got funnier towards the end. I almost gave up on it halfway through, but I found some quiet time to really get into it, and I'm glad I finished it. The author is funny enough to smile through numerous disgusting admissions, and I could really sense his sincerity. I believe he really is a nice guy.
Kerry
Mar 18, 2013 Kerry added it
I couldnt finish reading this book I found it hard to get into it. Not the normal thing I would typically read but I gave it a try!
Lorraine Sanner
Lorraine Sanner rated it did not like it
Mar 19, 2016
Kar
Kar added it
Jan 16, 2016
David Hirning
David Hirning rated it it was ok
Jan 06, 2016
Jan Schindler
Jan Schindler rated it did not like it
Jan 05, 2016
Molly
Molly added it
Dec 20, 2015
Linda Carmon
Linda Carmon rated it did not like it
Dec 02, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
jane
jane marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Naomi
Naomi marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Ann Stumpe
Ann Stumpe marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Adam Ickes
Adam Ickes marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2015
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Jessi
Jessi added it
Oct 23, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Kate Taylor
Kate Taylor rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2014
Wendy Anne Darling
Wendy Anne Darling rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2014
Shelley
Shelley rated it it was ok
Sep 06, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Vickie
Vickie marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Patricia A Meara
Patricia A Meara rated it did not like it
Jul 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Torcivia is a divorced man who transplanted himself from Pennsylvania into the treacherous dating pool in Southern California. His feline companions, Syd and Symon, share his home in San Diego and an occasional dish of leftover tuna. Torcivia loves nothing better than bellying up to the bar with his favorite social lubrication (wine) and watching the bizarre mating rituals of the locals, which he ...more
More about Phil Torcivia...