Start by marking “The Policeman's Balls (Balls to the Wall #3)” as Want to Read:
The Policeman's Balls (Balls to the Wall #3)

The Policeman's Balls (Balls to the Wall #3)

Brian McCray can’t believe his bad luck in getting caught by the police for breaking into his own home—until he sees the cop in question. Now all he wants to do is catch the sexy protector of the peace and give him some piece…of ass.

Officer Joshua Severn has to admit that Brian is attention grabbing. Brian’s also going to rack up a lot of tickets if he doesn’t stop inventi
Published September 21st 2011 by Resplendence Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Policeman's Balls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Policeman's Balls

Hot Head by Damon SuedeBear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneThe Locker Room by Amy LaneDivide & Conquer by Abigail RouxBetween Sinners and Saints by Marie Sexton
Best M/M Romance Published in 2011
283rd out of 506 books — 1,022 voters
Shock & Awe by Abigail RouxMuscling Through by J.L. MerrowAmong the Living by Jordan Castillo PriceSock it to Me, Santa! by Madison  ParkerThe Lion and the Crow by Eli Easton
M/M Romance Short Stories and Novellas
90th out of 319 books — 70 voters

More lists with this book...

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
First I want to say this one was much better editing wise than a lot of other new releases Mia has had lately. That was great and overall the story didn't feel rushed like her last few books felt to me.

This was a cute story and made me laugh a lot. I loved it and loved everything Brian did to try and get Mr. Policeman's attention, after all he wasn't stalking him he was giving him ample opportunity to ask him out
Veronica /  V
Sep 26, 2011 Veronica / V rated it really liked it
This is the funniest, cuties book I ever read from this author.
Just adorable, Highly recommended!!!
L-D
Nov 01, 2012 L-D rated it liked it
This short was pretty quick and fun and I was enjoying it for the most part. Brian McCray is busted by Officer Joshua Severn when he is trying to break into his own house. I thought their meeting was great and the antics that Brian came up with to meet Officer Severn again were humorous. I think I lost a little interest when (view spoiler) I just think that it got a bit unrealistic at that point ...more
Kinny
Apr 08, 2012 Kinny rated it it was amazing
Almost Every single page had me clutching my sides laughing. I cheered for Brian and fell in love with Josh as well. There is zero to minimal angst in this story and I recommend this to anyone who wants a good laugh, fast paced romance , and HEA. Brian's antics were just hilarious! My favorite Mia watts book hands down.
Virginia
I loved this! Adorable, sweet and funny novella about Brian and Josh. Josh is a policeman who Brian is very attracted to. The fun ensues as Brian engineers some ways of attracting the sexy police officer's attention. Really cute novella about a couple coming together with some very funny antics and comments.
Heather C
Apr 09, 2012 Heather C rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Heather C by: Bubbles Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
This was definitely my favorite story of this series so far. These guys were so adorable!!! It was funny and sweet and HOT and the little old lady next door was cute, too.

Brian and Josh were HOT!!!
Jess
Sep 30, 2011 Jess rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book.

It has some of the funniest one lines I have ever read.

This book is perfect when you have a spare hour and need a fun happy read
Trisha Harrington
This was one of the funniest in the series. I was splitting my sides laughing a few times.
Tam
Nov 05, 2011 Tam rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
This review can be found at Brief Encounters Reviews.

This is a cute little short that had some rather biggish holes for me, but it was still an enjoyable way to spend some time as I enjoy the author’s voice and the touches of humour. Brian first runs across Josh when his elderly next door neighbour calls the police believing Brian is trying to break into his house, although he lost his keys. He’s instantly smitten and starts to figure out how he could meet Josh again. After stalking, um tracking
Lasha
Oct 27, 2011 Lasha rated it really liked it
Shelves: darkdivasreviews
The Policeman’s Balls is the third book in the Handcuff and Lace series by Mia Watts and by far the funniest.

Brian McCray is almost arrested for breaking into his own house – his elderly neighbor called the cops on him – and while the situation is embarrassing it causes him to meet the man of his dreams, Officer Joshua Severn. Problem is Joshua doesn’t seem to notice Brian is alive. Solution? Get the cute cop’s attention by any means necessary.

As with any Mia Watts book, the dialog is smart, fun
Gigi
Jun 03, 2013 Gigi rated it liked it
This one is a toss up hit or miss Mia Watts book for me. I absolutely hated that the two MCs had sex in a marked squad while MC Josh was on duty. And they got caught... SO not my kink. But the rest of the book was good. So, on the fence here as far as a recommendation.
Amy
Mar 01, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-them
This was great!! I didn't think I was gonna be able to stop laughing for the first 30% of the book, which was awesome. I like to have nice serious moments, but to have that much comedy in a story is just icing on the cake.
Rachel
I think this might be my favorite thing I have read from this author! The characters were great, the writing and dialogue especially was witty and very funny in parts, and I really liked the story. I really enjoyed this very much!
Nikko
Jul 29, 2012 Nikko rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
This is gonna be one of my favourite series!!! loved it!!
Karel
Sep 08, 2015 Karel rated it liked it
Shelves: nomance
I re-read this thing just yesterday and had to come back to upgrade it to 4 stars.

I just love, love, love this book so much. It's fluffy and sweet without being sickening and pink and glittery. It has a sense of humor so brilliant it made me laugh out loud. I love the guys so much I want to minimize them and keep them in my pocket and put them on my desk and stare at them and make dreamy eyes at them in my free time.

Shit, that sounded creepy, didn't it?

Well, I FEEL like gushing, even though my N
Tyra Berger
Apr 11, 2012 Tyra Berger rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
This is one of those books that at 60 pages reads much longer. Ms. Watts is very good at giving you a lot of information in a short time and bringing her character's to life in a very real way. It didn't take me long to fall in love with Brian and Josh, their courtship was funny and hot and brought a smile to my face as I was reading it. The story comes together quickly but doesn't feel rushed. Every time Brian came up with a different plan to get Josh’s attention I could just picture all the ...more
Dec 04, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. I can't tell you what the characters look like or any of those annoying details like character history or growth but I can tell you it's a really fun, quick love story. Officer Severn is a simply drawn character. He is a police officer, he is gay, he isn't in the closet but he also isn't out at work and he wants to be in love. Brian is a gay man who isn't actively looking for love. Their lives collide and they are immediately attracted. They do something stupid (I ...more
Boycop
Oct 19, 2011 Boycop rated it it was ok
Sixteen again!

Mia Watts is supposed to write funny, light and entertaining fluff, so decided to try it out, especially when the book theme suited me perfectly. Indeed, light it is. The characters are all of the age of sixteen, including the old, almost dead neighbour.

Seriously, the first part of the book is alright if you are looking for some really light entertaining fluff, but the latter part of the book is an endless line of rerun clichés. Absolutely nothing new.

The characters are unbeliveabl
Merith
Oct 02, 2011 Merith rated it liked it
Some parts of this story were absolutely hilarious! Brian is such a cute spazz, you have to love him!

What I didn't like (view spoiler)
ElaineY
There's more in the blurb than the actual story. In fact, I'd say it was misleading as I was expecting a bit of tension as a result of the mention of IA. But nada. The first part of the blurb already gives you the entire story - boy meets cop; boy is obsessed and behaves like a stalker (his words, not mine); boy kisses cop, cop kisses back. HEA.

I hope there will be more stories - and meatier ones - because I'd hate for it to end on such a weak note.
Lady*M
Oct 25, 2011 Lady*M rated it liked it

Brian and his attempts to attract Officer Severn's attention were cute, but I just couldn't get past the sex while on duty (and on camera and sound recorder). That was beyond stupid and it set the tone of the entire story for me. Also, we've read the similar stories dozens of times, so the final impression was - meh.
Jilrene ♥
Jun 27, 2014 Jilrene ♥ rated it really liked it
Exactly what I wanted. An easy, short read. Needed a little break from heavy reads. This book is a little unusual for this loosely related series (at least one MC is a cop in each book), because there is a bit more drama with Josh's work.
Addicted2M/M
3.5 Great MC's. Brian's cute as can be, but I like that he can get unexpectedly assertive when sex is involved. Josh makes a great partner for him. Just a really good fit. My only problem is that is too short. I really wanted to see more of their lives once they were together.
Debbie Benson
Jun 27, 2016 Debbie Benson rated it it was amazing
Josh responds to a possible burglary call to find Brian trying to break into his own house. Brian tries to show his interest in Josh in silly ways before finally admitting it. His interest is returned and they wind up together despite some unforeseen hiccups.
Bergur Arnar
Jul 11, 2016 Bergur Arnar rated it liked it
This was much better than the other books ^.^ It was still really unrealistic but it was well-written.
The old lady was cute, but extremely unoriginal.
If was giving this book steamy stars, then 4.8 stars *fans self* It was hawwwt.
However, as a book? 2.5 stars.
Mary
Apr 06, 2012 Mary rated it really liked it
I liked that even though the two main characters were faced with a decision, they chose to stay together. I prefer it when the two men work things out united. Loved this one too.
blub

Great story had me laughing and awwing. Really entertaining and sweet with a good amount of spice.
K.A.
K.A. rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2012
Cheesy Ghost
Cheesy Ghost rated it it was ok
Jun 03, 2012
  • Handcuffs and Pretty Things (Rawlings Men #8)
  • Status Dramaticus  (EMS Heat, #13)
  • Detour (Something in Common, #1)
  • Gambling On Maybe (GlitterBomb! #1)
  • Bartender, PI
  • Fire Balls  (Balls to the Wall, #2)
  • Breaking Logan's Laws (Quinn Security, #4)
  • Just One Kiss
  • A Change of Tune (Change #1)
  • Fireman's Carry (Carry Me #1)
  • Belgian Chocolates and Incubus Kisses (The Taste of Love #1)
  • All Snug
  • Ash Swan (The Cob Brothers, #1)
  • In Time of Need
I SUCK at remembering to log in and approve friends. I'm so sorry I've made some of you wait. Please forgive my apparent chill, I swear it's not intended. Come hug me!
More about Mia Watts...

Balls to the Wall (7 books)
  • She's Got Balls (Balls to the Wall #1)
  • Balls & Chain (Balls to the Wall #2)
  • Brass Balls (Balls to the Wall #4)
  • By the Balls (Balls to the Wall #5)
  • Ballsy (Balls to the Wall #6)
  • Cock and Balls (Balls to the Wall #7)