Start by marking “Sunset Ridge” as Want to Read:
Sunset Ridge

Sunset Ridge

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  201 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
After the death of his father, Grayson Conner finds himself running, Sunset Ridge Stables, a prosperous horse breeding operation just outside of Wellington, Arkansas. Since riding a horse for the first time, Gray has known running the ranch would be his destiny. Years spent watching his father negotiate and build the ranch into a highly respected operation prepared him wel ...more
Published October 31st 2011 by Total-e-bound

To ask other readers questions about Sunset Ridge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sunset Ridge

The Tin Star by J.L. LangleyBareback by Chris OwenThe Heart of Texas by R.J. ScottThe Broken H by J.L. LangleyNowhere Ranch by Heidi Cullinan
Best Gay Cowboy/Westerns - Renegades and Ranchers
49th out of 162 books — 169 voters
The Tin Star by J.L. LangleyBareback by Chris OwenThe Broken H by J.L. LangleyTiming by Mary CalmesNatural Disaster by Chris Owen
Best Gay Cowboys
192nd out of 308 books — 501 voters

More lists with this book...

Lena Grey
Mar 26, 2016 Lena Grey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes people don't even know that they are missing something major in their lives; then something will happen that causes them to feel a need they'd not even acknowledged. In 'Sunset Ridge' by Carol Lynne, Grayson Connor thinks he's leading a full life, running his horse breeding ranch and raising his sister's child. But when he meets Jack 'Ram' Ramsdale, he realizes he was wrong. Being with Ram causes Gray to feel an emptiness he didn't even know was there, and it takes him completely by su ...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Feb 21, 2012 Mandy*reads obsessively* rated it liked it
Recommended to Mandy*reads obsessively* by: Anke! :)
Shelves: m-m, ebook-owned, gfy-ofy
A nice story about Gray, a totally closeted cowboy and his new ranch manager Ram.
It was a sweet story, but in the beginning the female character was so annoying I almost didn't read on, thankfully she changed for the better.
I would read a story aout Ben and Jesse if it comes out.
Kristy Maitz
Nov 02, 2011 Kristy Maitz rated it did not like it
Shelves: disappointments
I hoped, I really did that this book would be good one.

But, No! Plot is to easy..... There is no attraction to feel between main couple and there is a lot of sexs, sexs, sexs.

Plots are more then just sexs scenes. Someone like Carol Lynne should know that by now.
Tamela
From the blurb I thought it would take a little time for Gray to admit he wanted Ram so I was surprised that they were on each other like flies on... well you get the idea. Zero to sex in the barn in 60 minutes :)

Liked the characters and the story. It could have used a little more depth... as in one minute Raleigh is a hater and then after one conversation with Ram she is all sweet and cooperative. But it wasn't a long story, so guess we needed to infer the rest.

Overall the story was enjoyable,
Dutchgirl
The first half of the story wasnt that good. I almost didnt finish.

The main characters are both likeable but just not believable. I just cant believe that two closeted cowboys (one is the boss who just hired the other as a manager) would jump in bed with each other. It was sex, sex, sex. I have no problem with hot sex in a book but i do like it when there is more depth in a story.

Near the end the story did get better but it was to late for me.

I just couldn't get into this book. I've read better
Barb Manning
Jan 20, 2012 Barb Manning rated it really liked it
Sunset Ridge by Carol Lynne is a fine tale about two lonely cowboys, Gray Connor and Jack "Ram" Ramsdale living and working in Wellington, Arkansas. Gray owns a successful horse breeding ranch and Ram hires on as the new manager. The attraction between these two strong men throws off sparks immediately.

The dilemma of their attraction arises out of the insular culture they're living in and Gray's reluctance to reveal his sexuality and risk the success of his ranch. Lynne populates Sunset Ridge wi
Jamie
Dec 02, 2014 Jamie rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, own-all-romance

I like the story here but the transition Ram makes from "I have no friends" so I can up and move to Arkansas to the "troubled teen whisperer" and the guy who wants Gray out of the closet... it's a bit quick. The dialogue is a little cheesy. More an issue with how difficult it is to pull off a short story.
Leslie Stama
Feb 10, 2015 Leslie Stama rated it it was amazing
LOVED it!!!
Karen K
**3.5-4**
Carol's books are an automatic buy for me and I liked this one that went away from her all her series for a bit. I fell for the characters right away, especially Ram. It was a little typical cowboy but with some twists and turns to hold my attention. The addition of the sister and the gay teenager made it more interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing some more of Gray and Ram.
jules0623
Ashley Cox
Nov 05, 2011 Ashley Cox rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Not one of my favorites, but I still enjoyed it. I was more interested in the background pairing of Jesse and Ben, so hopefully they will get a story of their own.
Alina
Apr 24, 2012 Alina rated it it was amazing
Lovely story!
Hot sex, very likeable both characters and overall sweet and heartwarming book. I enjoyed it very much!
Lily
This was a nice story although the niece got on my nerves for the first half or so of the book.
TracyGee
Oct 25, 2014 TracyGee rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
I enjoyed it but it wasn't one of the authors best work...
Eyre
Nov 11, 2013 Eyre rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, lgbt
Sweet story with kissing cowboys.
MsMiz (Tina)
Oct 28, 2011 MsMiz (Tina) marked it as glbt-to-read
Yummy cover!
Susan A
Susan A marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Ali
Ali rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2016
Nina
Nina added it
Mar 05, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Yvonne
Yvonne rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2016
MM Love
MM Love rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Geraldine
Geraldine rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Ulca
Ulca marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
VíCtor Manuel
VíCtor Manuel rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Mayara
Mayara added it
Jan 15, 2016
  • Carson (Wylde Boys #2)
  • Tyler's Cowboy (Cowboy Lovin' #1)
  • Last Call
  • A Troubled Range (Range, #2)
  • Red Skies
  • No Commitment Necessary (Encounters, #2)
  • Leaving Home (Home, #4)
  • Crooked Tree Ranch (Montana, #1)
  • The Lonely Heart
  • Inherit the Sky (Lang Downs, #1)
  • The Cowboy Poet
  • A Sure-Fire Cure (Fire's Heat, #1)
  • Nathaniel (Sylvan, #3)
  • Seeing You
  • Calvin's Cowboy (Calvin's Cowboy #1)
  • My Christmas Present

erotic & gay romances
More about Carol Lynne...