Start by marking “Voice of the Gods (Age of the Five, #3)” as Want to Read:
Voice of the Gods (Age of the Five, #3)

Voice of the Gods (Age of the Five #3)

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  9,141 Ratings  ·  180 Reviews
In her new role as protector of the Siyee, Auraya investigates sightings of a landwalker stranger in their land. She meets a mysterious woman claiming to be a friend of Mirar's: a woman who makes an offer Auraya is unable to refuse, but which she must conceal or risk the wrath of the gods.
Published April 3rd 2008 by Orbit (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Voice of the Gods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Voice of the Gods

Iris
Jun 08, 2010 Iris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, kindle, 2010
I pretty much read this book in one day flat! Towards the end of the second book the storyline really picks up, and then this whole third book is literally unputdownable!

I'm just so impressed with the whole storyline; how different people's stories overlap and intertwine to combine into this really rich and complex narrative. Most of the characters were really well fleshed out and believable. Some of the points of view are more interesting than others (personally I always enjoyed the bits with
Trevis
Sep 16, 2011 Trevis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would have given this more stars if I could but alas... I started reading this book on 5pm Thursday 15th Sept 2011 and finished at 6am Friday 16th Sept 2011... then put it down... took a 5mins respite, got up drank one more coffee and went about my day.

If there's one thing I can say about AoF, its damningly original, easy to sink into and don't let up until the last page of the trilogy. I have personally never read any other of Trudi work but that's is about to change.

I'm very surprise at how
Ian (lonelyboy1977)
Sep 17, 2014 Ian (lonelyboy1977) rated it it was ok
Shelves: high-fantasy
This review has previously been posted at Another World Book Blog.

It’s fair to say that the first two books of The Age Of The Five Trilogy were underwhelming to me. In spite of this I held on to the hope that history would repeat itself; that the third instalment of this Trudi Canavan trilogy would blow me away in the same manner as book three of The Black Magician Trilogy, had done. Regrettably, my hope was misplaced. Not only is Voice Of The Gods not in the same league as, The High Lord, it i
Gabriel
May 24, 2016 Gabriel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I pushed through today so I could finish this. Nothing really happened until the last 200 pages and hooollyyy shit the last 50 pages!! I was so close to believing this would turn out to be bad, but it took a massive turn.

I absolutely love the way Canavan explores the uses and ways of magic in all her books.
Stuart
Apr 15, 2013 Stuart rated it liked it
Dannii (lilbob1980)
Why oh why did it take Auraya so long to wake up and figure things out, it is rare that i figure things out before the main character as usually i am so emmersed in the story that i just take it as it comes. It was slightly annoying that she was so slow.

Other than that this was a great end to the trilogy, although when i first started reading this i thought it was going to be a series of five books. It was quite an easy read and i was able to emmerse myself in the book fairly easily.

If you have
Tierney
Caution : Spoilers!!

Omg. Best book in the series by far, but it had a crap ending. I mean, i wanna know if Auraya and Mirar got back together, how the world survived without the gods, what happened to everyone. AHH. But i asked the author if she's writing another and she said no :/. Ah well, atleast it ended kinda well. But still, too abrupt with too much info left out.
This was the only book in the series that i actually looked forward to reading, i was really getting into it and couldnt wait to
Hayley
Dec 05, 2011 Hayley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dhia Citrahayi
Jul 20, 2013 Dhia Citrahayi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel, fantasi
Apa yang kamu lakukan bila kamu melihat tumpukan buku tebal + diskon dengan harga yang sangat menggiurkan, lalu menyadari bahwa genre buku tersebut merupakan genre yang kamu sukai?
Apa kamu akan mengabaikan tumpukan buku-buku itu?
Cuma melihat-lihat dan sekedar lewat saja?
Atau kamu akan kalap dan mengacak-ngacak tumpukan buku itu demi mendapat buku yang kamu inginkan?

Dan saya melakukan pilihan ketiga

Saya mendapatkan ketiga buku ini dengan harga yang cukup murah, yaitu 75000 untuk tiga buah buku.
Raven
Oct 31, 2007 Raven rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, owned
I feel conflicted. In the beginning of this novel or more like the first half of it I thought that the writer had finally started getting somewhere and I actually was enjoying it more then the first two novels. With the last, say, 200 pages though, I wasn’t feeling enjoyment as much as frustration. The fact of the matter is one of the characters is so moronic in that part you want to throw the book across the room. It doesn’t help that she keeps going over a question to which you’ve possibly fig ...more
Duffy
Jul 24, 2008 Duffy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy_fiction
Anthony Fisher
Apr 06, 2011 Anthony Fisher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have enjoyed all of the books written by this author and once again this book achieved the same high standard. You either enjoy this genre or you do not. Pure escapism.

This book was the last of the 'Age of 5' trilogy and all of the loose ends were skilfully dealt with. However, I had guessed the main twist regarding the 'Gods' well before the end of the book - I will not spoil this aspect for any other readers. This did not detract my enjoyment of the book, which I found to be the usual page
Rivalie (Forever Obsession)
3.5 out of 5 stars
Valarauco
Mar 19, 2015 Valarauco rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meine Meinung

Das große Finale der Trilogie um die fünf Götter von Aurayas Welt und um die fünf Weißen. Auf Auraya wartet erneut eine schwere Prüfung. Sie lebt jetzt bei dein Siyee als normale Priesterin. Für dieses Volk hat sie beinahe alles aufgegeben und ich kann es wirklich nachvollziehen. Die Siyee sind das friedlichste und liebenswürdigste Volk, das wahrscheinlich jemals von jemandem geschaffen wurde.
Die Welten von Trudi Canavan sind immer unglaublich ausgefeilt und so detailgetreu. Bis in
Kai
Oct 15, 2009 Kai rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2009
started 07/10/2009

This was a fantastic conclusion to a very good trilogy. I'd figured out most of the ending before I got to the second book, but I loved the interaction between the characters and the whole character build up. Canavan has a style of writing that really appeals and keeps you wanting to turn pages and finish the novel. My only problem was that I was looking for the next chapter right up until the last page and found I was disappointed there was no more.
Sara Herreras Castel
Trudi Canavan escribe apasionantes libros de fantasía pero no tengo muy claro si sabe muy bien como terminarlos. No es la primera vez que leo una de sus trilogías y me quedo con la sensación de que el final es demasiado abierto, preparado por si acaso para una continuación en el futuro como sucedió con las “Crónicas del mago negro”. Pasa lo mismo con “La era de los cinco dioses” con el último libro “La voz de los dioses” cuyo final en ciertos aspectos queda muy abierto y libre para la imaginació ...more
Ayu Windyaningrum
Oct 22, 2015 Ayu Windyaningrum rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Butuh waktu agak lama buat nyelesaiin baca buku ini, bukan krn bukunya ga menarik, tp justru sebaliknya. Setelah baca dua buku pendahulunya yg menarik, agak sayang rasanya kl harus baca buku ini pas moodnya lg ga tepat. Sy baca buku ini dlm dua sesi yg ditengah2nya terpotong kesibukan yg bikin mood baca utk buku ini agak kurang pas.

Lebih banyak twist yang tdk terduga di buku ini dibandungkan dg buku sebelumnya, tetapi dr segi plot, sy pribadi masih merasa bahwa buku 2 jauh lebih baik.

Klimaks ter
Dune Elliot
I enjoyed the entire 'Age of Five' trilogy but found that this final installment was a tad too predictable; I could see the end coming at the end of Book 2.
I did enjoy this book but would like to see more stories about 'The Wilds', they are what make the books more intriguing.
Marzouq
Sep 21, 2008 Marzouq rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book
The conclusion of the trilogy is surprising and satisfying. That is why I like this series, there is a satisfying ending which leaves you like a full meal but you like it so much you still want more. Trudi knows how to make her trilogies, I just hope she comes out with new ones soon.
Assia
Dec 27, 2013 Assia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Finally i've finished it. Basically the same complaints that I had with the other two books. Majority of characters were boring and the story was so so slow and the ending was so abrupt.

The magician trilogy is better. Also not the best fantasy out there but much nicer to read.
MJ
Sep 12, 2015 MJ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW what a story! I loved this last book of the trilogy, although the last 3 pages I was a bit hmmmm naaaww. I found myself swept up in all the characters. The good the bad and the downright evil. Filled with hope, laughter , tears , agony and wonder. A definite must read!
Alina
I have to admit that by the time I finally started reading this book, I was kinda hooked. Considering how unenthusiastic I was about this series while reading the first book, and how still kinda underwhelmed I was during the second, this last book was actually not so bad. It's still too long and the action would have been much more thrilling if condensed to about half the pages, but overall, I was still curious enough to see how it ended to read it all the way through. Since I'm pretty busy righ ...more
Hassaan
May 26, 2013 Hassaan rated it really liked it
Been years and years since I read this, but I still remember the big reveal at the end. It was brilliant, well executed, and brought a whole different meaning to the interactions characters had had since book #1
Matthew
May 30, 2015 Matthew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: epic-fantasy
Reivan is a better character than most in these books and took on a prominent role in this book, making it relatively enjoyable. I also enjoyed the ambiguous religious themes. Not clearly anti or pro-religion. Pointing out problems with over involved gods, but not exactly rejecting the existence of a God, even if I disagree. If there was a God, it would be like the God presented in this book.

I found the plot twist a bit predictable and... I would've enjoyed more superheroism from Auraya. Most of
Aless
Oct 13, 2015 Aless rated it really liked it
I found the first book slow but it turned out to be an excellent overall story. For me this final book was just a little slower than I prefer in the beginning and has a few too many character POVs which are used only once or twice. I don't mind multiple POVs and characters but I like them to all be main characters and there shouldn't be too many POVs as it's only so long before I get irritated at spending a long time away from each main character. However the POVs were used well to build the sto ...more
Nicola
Jul 14, 2009 Nicola rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
at the start it felt like it was another 'why am i bothering' book however at the end i was really glad i kept reading. there was a point to the story line !
nicely written
Ariyati Lestari
Jul 26, 2008 Ariyati Lestari rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-series
A M
Feb 03, 2014 A M rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
~3.5 stars rounded off to 3~

I like this book. I liked how the story unfolded and how we get to discover dangerous secrets about the gods? I like how the characters, though adults, matured and experienced multiple changes in the way they deal with things. Why the 3 star rating? Why, it's because of that stupid epilogue. I can't help but think it left the story somehow unfinished. We never even get to know what happened to the rest of the main characters. I may be the only one who felt this way, b
Jingizu
Jan 02, 2016 Jingizu rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Alcalina
Sep 29, 2015 Alcalina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Increible, épico, no me lo esperaba para nada. Trudi se sobrepasa más con cada libro
  • Lord of the Shadows (Second Sons, #3)
  • Emissary (Percheron, #2)
  • The Reluctant Mage (Fisherman's Children, #2)
  • Stormlord Rising (Watergivers, #2)
  • Wit'ch Storm (The Banned and the Banished, #2)
  • The Way Between the Worlds (The View from the Mirror, #4)
Trudi Canavan was born in Kew, Melbourne and grew up in Ferntree Gully, a suburb at the foothills of the Dandenongs.

In 1999 she won the Aurealis Award for Best Fantasy Short Story with “Whispers of the Mist Children”. In the same year she was granted a writers residency at Varuna Writers’ Centre in Katoomba, New South Wales.

In November 2001, The Magicians’ Guild was first published in Australia. T
More about Trudi Canavan...

Age of the Five (3 books)
  • Priestess of the White (Age of the Five, #1)
  • Last of the Wilds (Age of the Five, #2)

“Wisdom and knowledge is everywhere, but so is stupity.” 57 likes
“Better to know the quick pain of truth than the ongoing pain of a long-held false hope.” 44 likes