Start by marking “Voice of the Gods (Age of the Five, #3)” as Want to Read:
Voice of the Gods (Age of the Five, #3)

Voice of the Gods (Age of the Five #3)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  7,134 ratings  ·  145 reviews
In her new role as protector of the Siyee, Auraya investigates sightings of a landwalker stranger in their land. She meets a mysterious woman claiming to be a friend of Mirar's: a woman who makes an offer Auraya is unable to refuse, but which she must conceal or risk the wrath of the gods.
Published April 3rd 2008 by Orbit (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Voice of the Gods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Voice of the Gods

Iris
I pretty much read this book in one day flat! Towards the end of the second book the storyline really picks up, and then this whole third book is literally unputdownable!

I'm just so impressed with the whole storyline; how different people's stories overlap and intertwine to combine into this really rich and complex narrative. Most of the characters were really well fleshed out and believable. Some of the points of view are more interesting than others (personally I always enjoyed the bits with
Trevis
I would have given this more stars if I could but alas... I started reading this book on 5pm Thursday 15th Sept 2011 and finished at 6am Friday 16th Sept 2011... then put it down... took a 5mins respite, got up drank one more coffee and went about my day.

If there's one thing I can say about AoF, its damningly original, easy to sink into and don't let up until the last page of the trilogy. I have personally never read any other of Trudi work but that's is about to change.

I'm very surprise at how
Dannii (lilbob1980)
Why oh why did it take Auraya so long to wake up and figure things out, it is rare that i figure things out before the main character as usually i am so emmersed in the story that i just take it as it comes. It was slightly annoying that she was so slow.

Other than that this was a great end to the trilogy, although when i first started reading this i thought it was going to be a series of five books. It was quite an easy read and i was able to emmerse myself in the book fairly easily.

If you have
Hayley
Dhia Citrahayi
Apa yang kamu lakukan bila kamu melihat tumpukan buku tebal + diskon dengan harga yang sangat menggiurkan, lalu menyadari bahwa genre buku tersebut merupakan genre yang kamu sukai?
Apa kamu akan mengabaikan tumpukan buku-buku itu?
Cuma melihat-lihat dan sekedar lewat saja?
Atau kamu akan kalap dan mengacak-ngacak tumpukan buku itu demi mendapat buku yang kamu inginkan?

Dan saya melakukan pilihan ketiga

Saya mendapatkan ketiga buku ini dengan harga yang cukup murah, yaitu 75000 untuk tiga buah buku.
Raven
I feel conflicted. In the beginning of this novel or more like the first half of it I thought that the writer had finally started getting somewhere and I actually was enjoying it more then the first two novels. With the last, say, 200 pages though, I wasn’t feeling enjoyment as much as frustration. The fact of the matter is one of the characters is so moronic in that part you want to throw the book across the room. It doesn’t help that she keeps going over a question to which you’ve possibly fig ...more
Stuart
Duffy
Tony Fisher
I have enjoyed all of the books written by this author and once again this book achieved the same high standard. You either enjoy this genre or you do not. Pure escapism.

This book was the last of the 'Age of 5' trilogy and all of the loose ends were skilfully dealt with. However, I had guessed the main twist regarding the 'Gods' well before the end of the book - I will not spoil this aspect for any other readers. This did not detract my enjoyment of the book, which I found to be the usual page
Tierney
Caution : Spoilers!!

Omg. Best book in the series by far, but it had a crap ending. I mean, i wanna know if Auraya and Mirar got back together, how the world survived without the gods, what happened to everyone. AHH. But i asked the author if she's writing another and she said no :/. Ah well, atleast it ended kinda well. But still, too abrupt with too much info left out.
This was the only book in the series that i actually looked forward to reading, i was really getting into it and couldnt wait to
Kai
started 07/10/2009

This was a fantastic conclusion to a very good trilogy. I'd figured out most of the ending before I got to the second book, but I loved the interaction between the characters and the whole character build up. Canavan has a style of writing that really appeals and keeps you wanting to turn pages and finish the novel. My only problem was that I was looking for the next chapter right up until the last page and found I was disappointed there was no more.
Dune Elliot
I enjoyed the entire 'Age of Five' trilogy but found that this final installment was a tad too predictable; I could see the end coming at the end of Book 2.
I did enjoy this book but would like to see more stories about 'The Wilds', they are what make the books more intriguing.
Marzouq
The conclusion of the trilogy is surprising and satisfying. That is why I like this series, there is a satisfying ending which leaves you like a full meal but you like it so much you still want more. Trudi knows how to make her trilogies, I just hope she comes out with new ones soon.
Assia
Finally i've finished it. Basically the same complaints that I had with the other two books. Majority of characters were boring and the story was so so slow and the ending was so abrupt.

The magician trilogy is better. Also not the best fantasy out there but much nicer to read.
Alina
I have to admit that by the time I finally started reading this book, I was kinda hooked. Considering how unenthusiastic I was about this series while reading the first book, and how still kinda underwhelmed I was during the second, this last book was actually not so bad. It's still too long and the action would have been much more thrilling if condensed to about half the pages, but overall, I was still curious enough to see how it ended to read it all the way through. Since I'm pretty busy righ ...more
Hassaan
Been years and years since I read this, but I still remember the big reveal at the end. It was brilliant, well executed, and brought a whole different meaning to the interactions characters had had since book #1
Nicola
at the start it felt like it was another 'why am i bothering' book however at the end i was really glad i kept reading. there was a point to the story line !
nicely written
Ari Namidalem
A M
~3.5 stars rounded off to 3~

I like this book. I liked how the story unfolded and how we get to discover dangerous secrets about the gods? I like how the characters, though adults, matured and experienced multiple changes in the way they deal with things. Why the 3 star rating? Why, it's because of that stupid epilogue. I can't help but think it left the story somehow unfinished. We never even get to know what happened to the rest of the main characters. I may be the only one who felt this way, b
Raine
Ian (lonelyboy1977)
This review has previously been posted at Another World Book Blog.

It’s fair to say that the first two books of The Age Of The Five Trilogy were underwhelming to me. In spite of this I held on to the hope that history would repeat itself; that the third instalment of this Trudi Canavan trilogy would blow me away in the same manner as book three of The Black Magician Trilogy, had done. Regrettably, my hope was misplaced. Not only is Voice Of The Gods not in the same league as, The High Lord, it i
William
Mieneke
Maria
Anne Freya
Kalau ada 6 bintang, maka buku yg satu ini pantas sekali mendapat rating 6 bintang! Buku terbaik dari triloginya, dan bahkan lebih baik dari karya lain Trudi Canavan yg pernah kubaca : trilogi The Black Magician.

Sbnrnya akan lebih bgs lagi jika pengarang memberikan epilog yg lbh panjang & detil utk memuaskan keingintahuan para pembaca akan nasib para tokoh utama selanjutnya dan bagaimana reaksi dunia (terutama para Circlian) saat dihadapkan pada kenyataan yg mengejutkan, apakah mereka memer
Dark-Draco
In the final book of the trilogy, everything comes to an end as the White and the Five face each other in another war. This time, they have unknown allies on their side. Emerahl has tracked down three elusive mortals. The Gull, with power over the sea, sends her to the Twins, who in turn send her to find a mythical scroll, said to contain legends from the Age of the Many, when all the Gods fought over control of the Mortals. Mirar travels South and decides to let his people know he has returned, ...more
Shima
Arianna
After a very slow start up set by the two previous books of the trilogy, this is the final chapter that finally resolve all the knots.
The book is impossible to leave, especially when the final notes of the story are being played.
The characters acquire more and more interesting faces, remaining though consistent with their personality. They grow so much on you that it is hard to think they will cease to exist once the book is over.
I must confess that I would have expected some more details on th
Scott
While i enjoyed this trilogy as a whole, couldn't help finding myself getting a little bored by the third book, it was all becoming a bit predictable and the ending felt a little abrupt to me. They introduced a new species in both the first and second books, then seemed to mostly forget about them in book 3 except for very minor roles that felt more like oh yeah better mention them once or twice.
I enjoyed the stuff with the Wilds and would be interested in reading more about them though, their s
Tonielle
  • Lord of the Shadows (Second Sons Trilogy, #3)
  • Emissary (Percheron, #2)
  • Stormlord Rising (Watergivers, #2)
  • The Reluctant Mage (The Fisherman's Children, #2)
  • Wit'ch War (The Banned and the Banished, #3)
Trudi Canavan was born in Kew, Melbourne and grew up in Ferntree Gully, a suburb at the foothills of the Dandenongs.

In 1999 she won the Aurealis Award for Best Fantasy Short Story with “Whispers of the Mist Children”. In the same year she was granted a writers residency at Varuna Writers’ Centre in Katoomba, New South Wales.

In November 2001, The Magicians’ Guild was first published in Australia. T
More about Trudi Canavan...
The Magicians' Guild (The Black Magician Trilogy, #1) The High Lord (The Black Magician Trilogy, #3) The Novice (The Black Magician Trilogy, #2) The Magician's Apprentice (The Black Magician Trilogy, #0.5) The Ambassador's Mission (Traitor Spy Trilogy, #1)

“Wisdom and knowledge is everywhere, but so is stupity.” 47 likes
“Better to know the quick pain of truth than the ongoing pain of a long-held false hope.” 36 likes