Start by marking “Predictable Revenue: Turn Your Business Into a Sales Machine with the $100 Million Best Practices of Salesforce.com” as Want to Read:

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  543 ratings  ·  44 reviews
Discover the outbound sales process that, in just a few years, helped add $100 million in recurring revenue to Salesforce.com, almost doubling their enterprise growth...with zero cold calls. This is NOT just another book about how to cold call or close deals. This is an entirely new kind of sales bible for CEOs, entrepreneurs and sales VPs to help you build a sales machine ...more
Published July 8th 2011 by Pebblestorm

To ask other readers questions about Predictable Revenue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Predictable Revenue

Traction by Gabriel WeinbergViral-Marketing Professor by Nylus StantonThe 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing by Al RiesGrowth Hacker Marketing by PortfolioUltimate Sales Machine by Chet Holmes
Marketing books
6th out of 6 books — 2 voters
To Sell Is Human by Daniel H. PinkGetting Things Done by David AllenThe Lean Startup by Eric RiesSpin Selling by Neil RackhamThe Challenger Sale by Matthew Dixon
Business Development Reading List
11th out of 21 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Niniane Wang
There were only two points in this book, which could have been written in half a page:
1. Create a group of people sourcing for leads, separate from the people closing the deal.
2. When emailing people, use a gimmicky trick of asking them to forward your email to the correct person.
Cole Schoolland
PR could not have come at a more appropriate time for my company or my career. For the last 18 months we have been mired in exactly the kinds of poor, old-school decision-making common of companies at our stage. When I suggested different ways of doing thing, I was told to sit down and take responsibility for my "poor performance" as a salesperson. My "poor performance" had me seriously re-considering my career choices.

PR put voice to the frustrations we faced as a company, and credence to the
Kevin Jennings
Predictable Revenue is one of the best kept secrets in business literature. I don't give five star reviews often, especially for business books, but this book earns it. The authors understand the real challenges marketers and sales executives face and articulate proven solutions eloquently. As much as I would love to tell the world about this book, I am struggling with the idea of sharing because I feel like I'll be giving away a huge competitive advantage. Consider this is my feeble attempt to ...more
Ben Cappellacci
An excellent foundation to understanding key elements of sales strategy. The book cleanly breaks down sales concepts with concrete examples and useful illustrations. Useful for start up people and company people alike.
David Bradley
Nov 08, 2014 David Bradley rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Sales Leaders, Executives, and Entrepreneurs
I loved this book. Read it cover to cover and took notes (13-pages worth, including some diagrams)!

Awesome book for sales team leaders, executives, and entrepreneurs. Most sales books are on how to get the sale, but this is the much more vital sales process.

I love how Aaron breaks down every aspect, like what the main sales roles are and when to break off new roles, how to create self-managing weekly meetings and how they can inspire employees to be mini-CEOs and so on.

Definitely a worthwhile re
Arash Narchi
Aaron Ross and Marylou Tyler do a great job at presenting practical and modern ways to disrupt the traditional washed up sales tactics of the 80s and 90s and sell like a professional in our networked age. The book goes through sales process, new concepts of cold calling, training sales reps and what to look for in hiring sales rep and much more.

There are plenty of examples from salesforce.com to highlight the success of different programs you can run to improve your outbound sales process. Being
Smckenna
Agree with the previous review - this was two core points that could have been noted in a white paper. I couldn't have been more disappointed with the points and disorganized repetitiveness (100M at SFDC? How many times can you tell us?). But bottom line it was a basic sales book about the basics of sales, not cutting edge advice on how to systematically repeat your revenue. Defining what a lead and an SDR is equates to a beginners book and again, not a strategic methodology of predictable reven ...more
James Blackmore
Predictable revenue was a huge eye opener for me. As a sales rep with a high-growth SaaS company, I could immediately understand how perfectly applicable this book was to my day-to-day.

Key take aways for me were the lead classification concept of Seeds, Nets and Spears, and about how a good Spears campaign can help you generate predictable revenue that seeds and nets are unable to deliver.

Highly recommended for anyone in software and technology sales.
Matt Mccormick
My first book on the sales process and I thought it was really good. It's actually changed the way I plan to approach selling (we're in the process of setting up a sales organization in my company).

The basic concept - the sales pipeline & cold calling 2.0 - we're eye opening to me.

The only complaint was the last fee chapters lost my interest. I would have liked to have seen more in depth examples of this at work.
John Munsell
This is a great read for those who are looking for ways to build their business bigger and faster in today's digital world. It makes you rethink how you're building a sales force and how you're marketing your services. If you've read the book Traction by Gino Wickman and implemented those ideas, then this is a perfect next step to accelerating sales growth.
Robert Hernandez
I got excited about the core idea presented in this book, that a targeted cold emailing/warm calling approach is more effective than the traditional grinding "shotgun" approach to prospecting, and I'm working to implement the idea and supporting technology and tactics in my own practice. The processes I'm implementing and testing based on the ideas in this book seem to be working, and I'm excited to see more success with them.

The book could use some editing. There are typos in the Kindle edition
Kelly
was a homework assignment from work. Was a quick read full of pragmatic advice with an emphasis on prospecting in the new world. The author refers to this as "cold calling 2.0."

Main ideas:
* be short and sweet
* use email and the phone in conjunction
* go one level higher and ask for a referral
Alessandro Traverso
As the title says, it's all all predicting your revenues. But the advice provided is all in chapter 1, after that it becomes quite predictable, and frankly common sense advice that doesn't require further time spent reading this book
Angela Gray
Some great insights and ideas surrounded by a great deal of skimable padding made this a quick, easy yet valuable read. Quite sure that most people would find at least one point that would be worth the price of the book.
Max
This book directly addresses challenges my team is facing. It is written in a clear and simple manner.

It is a quick read yet it outlines ideas and processes to best address major company challenges.
Chris Cheatham
This was a fantastic book. I only gave it a four because some of the chapters seemed like a preview of the author's other books. If you are an entrepreneur with a product and you are trying to scale sales, read this right now.
Daniel
Fantastic overview of how to have an effective sales team at a SaaS company - a must read for startups looking to build out a successful sales team. Easy to read with valuable insight
Silvio Pellas
One core idea

The bit on sales specialization is worth the read. However the book could have been edited much more in order to bring out the key ideas.
Thiago Rondon
Predictable revenue was a huge eye opener for me. This book is for all who are working with sales teams, and looking for sales tactics with strategy and agility.
Justin
This is an excellent contemporary B2B sales book from a Salesforce.com insider. Some of the information is a bit too specific to be useful to a general sales audience, but the first half in particular has some great strategies and tactics to connect with decision-makers and methods to start making sales revenues more predictable. The author stresses specialization of sales roles from an early stage and teamwork. The tail end of the book focuses on building teams and management which wasn't as in ...more
Trevor
The constant references to Salesforce.com becoming slightly distracting/bothersome but Ross' writing style is easy to follow and his sales advice is sound.
Marlene Jia
Great foundation to sales optimization and strategy by clearly defining how to structure the team as well as what to focus on in the selling process. Makes sense and has a good balance btw high level view as well as a few tactical pointers. An informative short guide to enterprise sales.
Mike Baird
Interesting, and a very quick read. More helpful for a call center driven business, but good insights regardless.
Flavia Sparacino
a must-read for those engineering the sales machine in their technology startup or service companies
Peter Minev
Great book, but strong believer that outbound marketing and cold calling are dying breeds.
Charles II
Very good book - lots of great tips for super-charging your sales team.
Jeff Waters
The most important sales book in at least a decade.
Tim
A valuable "How-To" business book for sales and marketing to businesses. Ross with a short tactical book and that is a quick read but with humour and humility. His focus on test-and-learn is a great example of how to try everything and measure it.
Developing quality leads and sending them successfully into a B2B sales channel is hard. It requires patience, focus and persistence.
John Brian Anderson
This book has a good concept, valid and useful information and tactics but is also full of filler. I would recommend the first half of the book that deals with marketing automation and not the second half that talks about general sales management that there are better books about.

Kindle
  • Behind the Cloud: The Untold Story of How Salesforce.com Went from Idea to Billion-Dollar Company-And Revolutionized an Industry
  • Startup CEO: How to Build a Company to Success
  • Convert!: Designing Web Sites to Increase Traffic and Conversion
  • Six Simple Rules: How to Manage Complexity without Getting Complicated
  • The Founder's Dilemmas: Anticipating and Avoiding the Pitfalls That Can Sink a Startup
  • Inside the Tornado: Strategies for Developing, Leveraging, and Surviving Hypergrowth Markets
  • Who: The A Method for Hiring
  • Lean Analytics: Use Data to Build a Better Startup Faster
  • High Output Management
  • Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs
  • Data-Driven Marketing: The 15 Metrics Everyone in Marketing Should Know
  • The Challenger Sale: Taking Control of the Customer Conversation
  • The Lean Entrepreneur: How Visionaries Create Products, Innovate with New Ventures, and Disrupt Markets
  • Get Big Fast and Do More Good: Start Your Business, Make It Huge, and Change the World
  • The New Strategic Selling: The Unique Sales System Proven Successful by the World's Best Companies
  • Startup Life: Surviving and Thriving in a Relationship with an Entrepreneur
  • Marketing Lessons from the Grateful Dead: What Every Business Can Learn from the Most Iconic Band in History
  • Do More Faster: Techstars Lessons to Accelerate Your Startup
Predictable Revenue: Turn Your Business Into A Sales Machine With The $100 Million Best Practices Of Salesforce.com Ceoflow: Turn Your Employees Into Mini-Ceos The Angelblood Chronicles of: Mystiq: Beginning Anew The Diary of Antichrist The Fallows : Believe In Love

“One-time revenue spikes that aren’t repeatable won’t help you achieve consistent year-after-year growth.” 1 likes
“Red Flags And Deal Breakers What signals or signs can you look for, as early in the sales process as possible, to warn you (and the client) that working together is a waste of time? Here are some examples of red flags: They just installed a _______ kind of system. They already have an agency/service provider in place, or a full-time in-house person dedicated to ___. They churn-and-burn the consultants or agencies they hire to do _____________. Know-it-alls / “We know what we’re doing.” Geography. Their monthly budget for ________ is only ________. These industries never seem to work: _____, _____, _____. This area of work is totally new to them, and they don’t understand it yet. (That is, you would have to do a lot of education of the client before they would even understand the value of your service.)” 0 likes