Start by marking “David Sedaris: Live at Carnegie Hall” as Want to Read:
David Sedaris: Live at Carnegie Hall

David Sedaris: Live at Carnegie Hall

4.49 of 5 stars 4.49  ·  rating details  ·  415 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Sedaris's sold out performance at Carnegie Hall from November 2002 is now available on CD. He is also the author of bestsellers "Naked" and "Me Talk Pretty One Day." 1 CD.
Audio CD
Published October 1st 2003 by Little, Brown & Company

To ask other readers questions about David Sedaris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about David Sedaris

Stephanie
Hilarious.
My favorite was "Six to Eight Black Men," an essay on Holland's Christmas customs.
So funny.
Sedaris is great to listen to.
Shallowreader VaVeros
I laughed so hard that I nearly had an accident and had to pull over in the car.
Jim Flanagan
This audiobook contains a lot of stories that are featured in other Sedaris books, but it does have a few selections that are unique to this recording. Plus, it has "6 to 8 Black Men," which is one of his funniest stories, so it is definitely worth listening to this recording, even if you have already heard everything else he has recorded.
Jfmed
Very funny stories. I listened to this and I think hearing the author helped the experience.
Brad Mauney
Great read (listen). Sedaris is a great storyteller and this won't disappoint!
First Sedaris book in awhile I've enjoyed. I was starting to fear that I'd changed, or he had changed. Luckily, these stories have shown me that Sedaris and I continue to have a good reader and author relationship.

The stories were not overly vulgar, nor did he skirt around issues. They were funny, each one making me smile. Nothing more than that. Except some great political comentary.
taeli
finished 10/2/13

Several of Sedaris's stories read live by David to an audience at Carnegie Hall. I had heard a few of these stories (likely from this performance) on other of his audiobooks, but it was just the right kind of pick-me-up I needed after finishing the emotionally heavy book I had just finished. Good for several laughs!
Anna
Sedaris makes me feel good about being a human being, and he inspires me to be more humane, more loving, more open, more creative. more. more. morre. This was funny and poignant and aching and hopeful and heart breaking and life giving.
Rebecca Buerkett
Listening to this live recording, especially the question and answer section at the end, allowed me to live vicariously through anyone who has seen him live (bucket list item for me). Wonderful, includes 6 to 8 Black Men.
Melissa
This will make you pee your pants laughing! David Sedaris is one of the most enjoyable humorists I can think of! Hearing him read aloud at Carnegie Hall is a total treat.
Candy
Listened to this on audio--the way this man sees life is truly mind-boggling. Like a great stand-up comedy routine!
Ashley
Haven't read a book by Sedaris that doesn't at some point make me laugh out loud.
Heather
Hysterical, fabulous. Thanks to Debra W. for recommending this to me.
Charlie
some of the stories were repeats from other books. but still very funny!
Chris Grano
AWESOME...funniest stories...especially six to eight black men...
Theresa
Please do not listen hile driving. You may drive off the road.
Sue
was laughing in the car all the way to madison!!
An hour of entertainment.
Joan
Joan marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
  • All About Roasting: A New Approach to a Classic Art
  • Cabin Pressure: One Man's Desperate Attempt to Recapture His Youth as a Camp Counselor
  • Grilled Cheese Please!: 50 Scrumptiously Cheesy Recipes
  • The High-Beta Rich: How the Manic Wealthy Will Take Us to the Next Boom, Bubble, and Bust
  • Continental Drifter
  • Life in Year One: What the World Was Like in First-Century Palestine
  • The Law of Attraction Das kosmische Gesetz hinter "the Secret"
  • Prehistory: The Making Of The Human Mind
  • The National Parks: America's Best Idea
  • Sundays with Vlad: From Pennsylvania to Transylvania, One Man's Quest to Live in the World of the Undead
  • The Joy Diet: 10 Daily Practices for a Happier Life
  • Gorgon: The Monsters That Ruled the Planet Before Dinosaurs and HowThey Died in the Greatest Catastrophe in Earth's History
  • King Peggy: An American Secretary, Her Royal Destiny, and the Inspiring Story of How She Changed an African Village
  • Cook This Now: 120 Easy and Delectable Dishes You Can't Wait to Make
  • Fortytude : making the next decades the best years of your life-- through the 40s, 50s, and beyond
  • The House in France: A Memoir
  • Evolution: The Remarkable History of a Scientific Theory (Chronicles)
  • So Damn Lucky ( (Lucky O'Toole #3)
David Sedaris is a Grammy Award-nominated American humorist and radio contributor.

Sedaris came to prominence in 1992 when National Public Radio broadcast his essay "SantaLand Diaries." He published his first collection of essays and short stories, Barrel Fever, in 1994. Each of his four subsequent essay collections, Naked (1997), Holidays on Ice (1997), Me Talk Pretty One Day (2000), Dress Your Fa
More about David Sedaris...
Me Talk Pretty One Day Naked Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim When You Are Engulfed in Flames Holidays on Ice