Start by marking “Spell Bound (Darkly Enchanted, #1)” as Want to Read:
Spell Bound (Darkly Enchanted, #1)

Spell Bound (Darkly Enchanted #1)

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  50 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
"...a great story along with a great romance" BITTEN BY PARANORMAL ROMANCE

She’s running from fate…
Shea Tedaldi is the only thing standing between her six-year-old brother and the men who killed their parents. Descendents of the ancient Etruscan magical race, Shea and her brother keep powerful secrets that make them the targets of the evil Malandante. They’ve been looking f
Kindle Edition
Published September 27th 2011 by Moonlit Night Publishing (first published September 22nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Spell Bound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spell Bound

Laurie Garrison
Stephanie Julian sets up a magical world that will leave you in wanting more. But I have to admit I was confused (I say this was totally my fault somehow) for the first 2 chapters as I keep plugging along I found things were falling in place and then I couldn’t get enough. I found a great story along with a great romance. There were a couple of things that stood out. One was Stephanie packed a lot in for 158 pgs. The other was this is not a quick romance as you see in these shorter books. No, th ...more
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Sep 30, 2011 Vanessa theJeepDiva rated it really liked it
Shea is running. She’s running with her little brother from the nightmare that killed her parents. She keeps going because she knows that the people who are after her little brother have all kinds of vile intentions for him. The running is wearing her down and she has begun to realize that she can’t do this on her own any longer. She has to start seeking out the protector that her mother told her about in her final letter to her.

Gabriel is a grigori (warrior.) He is part of the Etruscan race bo
Anna
Feb 19, 2015 Anna rated it really liked it
Shea and her brother Leo are descendants of the Etruscan magical race. Ever since their parents were killed, they have been almost constant danger. Gaberial is a warrior, it's his job to protect the Etruscan witches. But he is cursed and is forever trying to break it. Shea and Gaberial can find salvation in each other, for they share a common enemy.

Wonderful read! A story filled with magic, love and danger. Spell Bound is the first in a series called Darkly Enchanted. I enjoy this story, althoug
Cecile
Dec 24, 2011 Cecile rated it it was amazing
I was given this book for my honest thoughts and words... So here goes...

If you come to my place often, you know I am not a newbie to Ms. Stephanie Julian writing. This woman can create worlds that make you want to fall in... and never surface. She wraps you around in the blanket of mystery, a cloak of suspense. She charms you into the heart of her character, she will cast you in a spell of desire, and weave a web of a hell'va story....

Now first, I need to let you in on something... I have read
Joyfully Reviewed
Many moons ago a curse was laid against the Etruscan women. The Etruscan women are magical women and since the curse they have lived in shadows praying for the day the curse ends. They have suffered through long solitary lives forced to watch the people they love die.

Shea Tedaldi is on the run with her six year old brother, Leo. Since their parents death they have been trying to stay ahead of the evil that would like to take Leo’s powers and pervert it for evil. Shea will do whatever it takes to
Theresa Scarangella
Jan 09, 2015 Theresa Scarangella rated it it was amazing
Because of a curse in 1495 by Fabrizio Paganelli all strega were being tracked down and killed. Any children would die. Dario Paganelli would take the strega boys and use them to track down and kill their families.
Shea Tedaldi was in hiding with her brother Leo who was only six years old. They were getting closer she had to move. Shea called a man, who her mother had told her before she died, who would help keep her safe.
Gaberiel Borelli was a Etruscan bad ass, but was good at keeping people al
Christine
Sep 25, 2014 Christine rated it it was amazing
I found this book well written. she is a new author for me. So if found that I would like to read more of her books.
Michelle
Feb 21, 2015 Michelle rated it it was ok
This book was in the Tall Dark and Paranormal collection. If I have previously read the author, I do not recall it.

I was not overly impressed with this book. It definitely could have used another dose of editing. Was a character's name Dafne or Daphne? It seemed to change on the same page anytime she was mentioned! I'll admit that I skipped the glossary, so if this was explained there I didn't read it. But it kind of makes no sense to me why one person's name would change.

Will I read the rest i
Susi
Nov 02, 2011 Susi rated it liked it
Julian's Etruscian world is something fresh in the world of monotone mytholical settings. Her new series is again set in this world but it takes places before any of her previous series so this is actually a good way to take the chance and jump into her world. It will also show some other aspects to those of you who already fell in love with her work.

In Spell Bound we meet Shea currently on the run with her little brother. An old enemy, Dario Paganelli, is chasing them and they are in dire need
Colette
When I started Spell Bound I didn't know that it was supposed to draw on all three series that Stephanie Julian has written about and creates a new world in the process. This made me confused for the first part of the book, but once I figured out that the story moved really fast and didn't slow down. How can you not love a novella that has cursed witches, almost immortal bad guys, a heroine on a run and a hero bent on getting revenge against the guy who killed his father while having to protect ...more
Terree
Sep 29, 2014 Terree rated it liked it
The book was pretty good, though it was sometimes hard to follow. I was disappointed in the ending. It was very abrupt and when things could have been wrapped up in the epilogue, it was very short and equally abrupt.
Avonna
May 16, 2015 Avonna rated it it was amazing
An original, new paranormal world that this author brings to life with a very deft hand. The worldbuilding, characters and plot just pulled me in from start to finish.

Will definitely be reading more books in this series!
Ellen
Dec 19, 2012 Ellen rated it liked it
I know the curse was broken, but how?
Tonyaprice
Tonyaprice rated it it was ok
Aug 05, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Jeana Phillips
Jeana Phillips marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Petra
Petra marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Hannah Cook
Hannah Cook marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Shannon Mccorkle
Shannon Mccorkle marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Breane Ross
Breane Ross rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2016
GL Emmanuelle
GL Emmanuelle marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Cora White
Cora White marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
R
R marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Linda Cullen
Linda Cullen marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Paranormal Reads: SPELL BOUND, Darkly Enchanted #1 1 4 Sep 28, 2011 05:10AM
Paranormal Romanc...: SPELL BOUND, Darkly Enchanted #1 1 16 Sep 28, 2011 05:07AM
  • Mystically Bound (Frostbite, #3)
  • Heart's Sentinel (Terra's Guardians, #1)
  • Make Me (KinKaid Wolf Pack, #2)
  • Blaze of Glory (Prospect Springs Shifters Series, #1)
  • Fiery Temptation (Angels of Rock #2)
  • Arctic Bound (Arctic Wolves ) (Volume 1)
  • Berserker's Rage (SmokeJumpers, #2)
  • Callum (The Cursed Clan, #1)
  • Abandoned and Unseen (Branded Packs, #2)
  • Rand's Craving (Great Wolves of Passion, Alaska, #5)
  • Stealing Fate
  • The End of Darkness (Offspring, #7)
  • Lord & Master (The Billionaires, #3)
  • Nico's Fire (Elements of Love, #2)
  • Elusive Hero (Vampire Queen #12; Invitation to Eden #19)
  • Warlock Unbound (Heart's Desire, #4)
  • Keeping His Promise
  • Marshal of Hel Dorado (Fevered Hearts, #1)
Stephanie Julian writes sophisticated, sultry romance for adventurous readers.
She is the author of the best-selling Salon Games series. BY PRIVATE INVITATION (Salon Games 1) was an RT Magazine Top Pick. Her serial erotic romance, An Indecent Proposition, is a reader favorite.

She also writes several paranormal erotic series, including Forgotten Goddesses, Darkly Enchanted and Lucani Lovers.

Stephani
More about Stephanie Julian...

Darkly Enchanted (2 books)
  • Moon Bound (Darkly Enchanted, #2)