Start by marking “Home in Carolina (Ruang Hati)” as Want to Read:
Home in Carolina (Ruang Hati)

Home in Carolina (The Sweet Magnolias #5)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  1,951 ratings  ·  124 reviews
Bergabunglah dalam dunia yang penuh persahabatan, kekeluargaan, dan perasaan yang menggugah hati ciptaan Sherryl Woods yang tiada duanya

Tak ada yang seindah rumah, terutama jika rumah itu Serenity, Carolina Selatan. Meski, bagi Annie Sullivan, kepulangannya ternyata tak seindah yang ia harapkan. Ia selalu memimpikan kehidupan di Serenity bersama sahabat masa kecilnya, Tyle
Paperback
Published September 2011 by Violetbooks (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Home in Carolina, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home in Carolina

Dinjolina
So ok. I read the book.
Previously I just slapped an AVOID on her and moved on, but a friend told me I have to read it before I judge - because Annie's and Ty’s second chance at love is worth the read! Like, really worth it!!

Yeah….not so much.

If the love of your life, aka the man that told you you were going to marry and have a HEA, had a HUGE cheating spree while away from home, I pretty much think there is no happy ever after for you. Not at the time of the cheating. Not now. Not in the future
Cherise
Annie and Ty have been best friends since they were kids and then lovers as they got older. Living in the small town, Serenity, in South Carolina, where everyone knows your business has its blessings and its curses. Everyone knew that the two of them belonged together and would one day end up married.

Then Ty signed with the Atlanta Braves baseball team and got caught up with the baseball groupie scene. His exploits hit the tabloids and the whole town had a front row seat to Annie’s heartbreak at
Pam
I found the characters in this Sweet Magnolias whiny and annoying
Darcy
When I realized that this book was about Ty and Annie I was really excited. I thought they were a cute couple as kids and hated learning that they broke up, and hated even more when we weren’t given a reason. Well, with this one we were given a reason, and boy was it a doozy. I realize that Ty was this big sports guy, new to pro sports, but I had a hard time believing that he would manwhore around with what happened to his mom and dad, and being that he dated Annie for so long.

I agree with Anni
Diane
A nice, homey story with plenty of heart-tugging action. In the tradition of Debbie Macomber, this book is guaranteed to give a quiet, fireside read.

Cherryl Woods has delivered a tale of love lost and regained, with all the stops in between. Her prose is certain to delight fans of sweet romance. This reader is determined to read every book she comes out with.

When one man, raising his child alone, returns to Serenity North Carolina to recuperate from his sports injuries, he is faced with the woma
Donna
I may be getting tired of this series, but I didn't like it as well as the others. I felt like there was a little too much drama and I found Annie a little irritiating!
It's been awhile since I read this, so some of the details are fuzzy. What I DO remember is being so excited for this book to come out - I just knew Ty and Annie's story was going to be chock full of awesomeness. Then I read it. By the last page I not only didn't want Ty and Annie together, I wanted some natural disaster to hit and wipe out the entire town; I hated nearly everyone by the end. That the town was still standing and Ty and Annie ended up together means this book was irredeemable for ...more
Jinky
(2.5) *Spoiler alert?*
I like books set in the South so I picked up this audio book ... again oblivious to the fact that it's the fifth book to a series. There was nothing in the cover stating so (I only found out when I plugged it in at Goodreads), hence, this review reflects my thoughts of this book as a stand alone.

It was an all right read. The plot was not particularly original but the emotions was palpable. I could understand Annie's reservation to distance herself from Ty and Ty's urgency
Kathrine
This book was not as good as most of what I've read of Sherryl Woods.But it may have been because it was about Annie Sullivan and Ty Townsond and they aren't my favorite characters . I found Annie very spoilt and very selfish. I got real tired of her attitude of me me me! Any way on to another book
Home in Carolina by Sherryl Woods
Bebe
Honestly the heroine got on my last nerves and I know as a woman I'm supposed to be on her side because he cheated but honestly I wasn't . According to both of them in the book they were dating but while she was in college they agreed not to be exclusive, how are you going to be angry at him for seeing other people when it was agreed that you both could. This was your relationship, you had been considering a future together don't agreed to something like that if you could not maturely handle the ...more
Karen
Good read. I had a hard time staying interested in the beginning but the story improved as I read more. Looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Mery
Jun 05, 2011 Mery rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: zai
Memberi maaf memang terkadang susah dilakukan.
Maka hanya cinta sejatilah yang mampu menjadi senjata dalam menghadapi kekecewaan yang mendalam...
Kristi

More or less what I expected for the series. By number 5 the characters and settings are usually pretty solid. I wasn't expecting quite the leap forward in time that there was and I'm still not completely clear how many years we jumped because I never registered a mention of how old Helen and Eric's daughter was. But, this 5th installment is the story of Ty and Annie as young adults fairly recently post-college age. For a couple so young they sure have had their fair share of problems.
Deborah Darsie
Characters populating the town of Serenity, SC were a saving grace.
As were the friendships between the 'next generation' of the Sweet Magnolias.

I kept struggling with how quickly Annie agreed to accept Ty's proposal in the last half of the book.
As a couple of life-long friends who were divided by a life-altering indiscretion on Ty's part...the apparent elapsed time seemed a lot less than realistic. Especially when compared to how long the disillusionment had lasted.

I do enjoy the communities an
Mareli
When I began this story and I saw a little boy, I thought this book was right for me. Children and pets are my favourite themes.

But I didn't like the adult part of the story. Both Ty and Annie were so far and so unreasonable (Annie sure was!) that I felt detached from the story.

I think I can relate with ANnie because Ty sure betrayed her. But I think that after a betrayal (one wich left a children!) you have two choices: either you accept and go on or you don't accept and move on.

You can't stay
Joanne
This is the 5th book in the Sweet Magnolia series but I think that Sherryl Woods did a good job of bringing us up to date on what happened in the previous books. I'm confident that this book would fit into the romance genre, which I don't usually read, so please keep that in mind as you read my review.

Annie has moved back to her family home in Serenity after a bad break-up with her long time boyfriend Ty. When Ty's baseball career turned professional things got a bit out of hand helping to cause

POV: 3rd person: Annie, Ty, Helen
Sensuality: Warm

Annie & Ty have been friends all their lives. In high school, they started dating. During college they got more serious, but when Ty started playing baseball for the Atlanta Braves and Annie was still in college, they decided seeing other people was okay. They didn't agree having children with other people was okay, though. Ty let being a professional baseball player go to his head and found himself in a bind when a groupie wound up p
Tonya
Can I just say, I love the Sweet Magnolias. They are all so fascinating - This book felt like coming home. In this story, Ty and Annie are the major part of the story. After having cheated on her with a baseball groupie, and having a child with this woman, Ty comes back to Serenity to get therapy for his injured shoulder, knowing Annie had moved home a few months ago. Hoping to make her realize that she is the love of his life, he tries to earn her trust and love back. It makes for heart-warming ...more
SavageGrace
The ending ruined the book for me. I do not understand how Ty could even THINK of allowing Dee-Dee in his son Trevor's life. Dee-Dee might have regretted giving her son up but it seems to me that she only regretted it because she couldn't have more children - or, at least, she couldn't carry/conceive more children on her own. The fact this woman would stoop so low as to make sure a tabloid photographer was around to snap photos of her abandoning her son on a hotel doorstep is a huge indicator of ...more
Cindy
Gak sabar bacanya :), sudah lama banget suka sama couple in bahkan sejak book 1 dan mereka masih remaja, ada adegan Annie sama Ty dan pingsan karena diet :), harus sabar kayaknya ya, 3 book lagi :)

**********EDIT************

Jujur ya setelah baca book 5 ini kenapa saya jadi kepikiran, ada apa sih dengan para lelaki di Serenity ?? Kenapa smua hobi banget selingkuh sih? Bill, Ronnie, sekarang Ty?? WTF !!

Sebagai seorang penggemar Ty saya rasa 2 bintang sudah sangat berlebihan buat dia. Dia pantas d
Karen
Every once in awhile I like to read something light and frothy - to completely lose myself in a romance or mystery that doesn't require me to think at all. I picked this up at our local library, which has an ongoing book sale, for 25 cents. I'd never read Ms. Woods, but knew she was popular, so thought I would try this one out. Being a fairly new resident of the South, it has been fun reading books which represent that area, but this wasn't one of them. Not only was the story trite, but the writ ...more
Nikita (NjKinny's World of Books & Stuff)
Anne Sullivan had always loved Tyler Townsend and it had seemed like what they had was a love that would last a lifetime but then Tyler went and betrayed Anne. When it came out that his secret lover was pregnant with his child, Anne was left heartbroken with all her dreams shattered. Now it has been years and Anne has moved on or so she prefers to think.
She is now a successful sports injury therapist and has finally come back to Serenity, her home, to stay. Tyler, on the other hand, has become
Becky
Mirella Grace
I love the Sweet Magnolias Series!!! Thanks a lot to Ms. Sherryl Woods for the beautiful novels.

Awalnya, begitu tau ini buku tentang Ty & Annie, aku udah rada males baca. Kupikir, pas baca sinopsisnya, "ini kejadian pas Ty dan Annie umur berapa? 25? 26? berarti personel Sweet Magnolias udah berusia paro baya alias 50 an dong..." Nah, saya bete baca cerita roman, kalo personelnya berumur 50 ke atas. Ternyata...

Ceritanya sendiri... gimana ya? Saya rada gregetan ama Annie, tapi, yah, bisa nger
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Aug 18, 2011 Jeannie and Louis Rigod rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jeannie and Louis by: Romance readers
This was a story about a second generation of best friends in the South. There is Annie, Sarah, and Raylene daughters of the original Sweet Magnolias.

This first in a trilogy is focusing on Annie, a sport therapist who is also suffering from a broken heart and betrayal of her long-time love, Ty. Ty, a baseball player is back home due to a surgery on his pitching shoulder. He brings with him the sign of treachery, his precious son, Trevor.

Annie and Ty have good family and solid friends, that work
Krissi
nothing like a lying, cheating fiancé, a bunch of hometown family and friends who give him a free pass because he's a big-name baseball player, and a stupid woman who takes him (and his love child) back and doesn't even mind the disloyalty and outright deceit that her family and friends showed in spying on her, reporting her movements to him, and shoving him down her throat even when she didn't want anything to do with him... :(
Lu Bielefeld *Book Whore Brazil*
O cara é um galinha e a mocinha é uma imbecil que fica sofrendo por ele.

Embora este livro tenha um final feliz, o mocinho trai repetidamente a mocinha que é supostamente "o amor de sua vida" com mulheres diferentes em cada cidade que ele viajou com seu time de baseball, ele se convenceu de que esta parte de sua vida é separada do relacionamento dele com Annie.

Ele acaba engravidando uma dessas mulheres e está criando o filho fruto desta relação. Toda cidade fica sabendo através dos jornais do que
Ren
Bellissimo libro ci sn temi molto importanti ke ti fanno riflettere cm il tradimento,una volta fatto è difficile recuperare la fiducia della xsn ke si ama. Ma insegna anke ke se si ama veramente la fiducia può ritornare.
Alice
best quote pg 138
As she walked home, she resolved to teach Sarah the hardest lesson she'd ever had to learn..... that body image and self-image were two different things. I wish someone would put that concept on a billboard.
Paula Ratcliffe
  • The Summer Hideaway (Lakeshore Chronicles, #7)
  • Angel's Peak (Virgin River, #10)
  • Almost Home (Chesapeake Diaries #3)
  • Orchard Valley Brides: Norah\Lone Star Lovin'
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa
More about Sherryl Woods...

The Sweet Magnolias (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Stealing Home (The Sweet Magnolias #1)
  • A Slice of Heaven (The Sweet Magnolias #2)
  • Feels Like Family (The Sweet Magnolias #3)
  • Welcome to Serenity (The Sweet Magnolias #4)
  • Sweet Tea at Sunrise (The Sweet Magnolias #6)
  • Honeysuckle Summer (The Sweet Magnolias #7)
  • Midnight Promises (The Sweet Magnolias, #8)
  • Catching Fireflies (The Sweet Magnolias, #9)
  • Where Azaleas Bloom (The Sweet Magnolias, #10)
  • Swan Point
The Inn at Eagle Point (Chesapeake Shores, #1) Stealing Home (The Sweet Magnolias #1) Harbor Lights (Chesapeake Shores, #3) Beach Lane (Chesapeake Shores #7) Flowers on Main (Chesapeake Shores, #2)