Start by marking “Deception” as Want to Read:
Deception

Deception (Tamia Luke #2)

4.63 of 5 stars 4.63  ·  rating details  ·  429 ratings  ·  74 reviews
Sisters can share too much. . .

Acquitted of murder, Tamia Luke is on a mission to reclaim all she's lost, including her ex, Brandon, who saved her life. Brandon's about to get married, but Tamia's determined, even if it means resorting to deception--a family habit. Her sister, Fiona, betrayed Tamia to save her own skin. Now the two share a scandalous secret that may destro
Published February 28th 2012 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deception

Kim
I want to preface this review by mentioning that this book is not romance but erotic fiction, so if you are looking for Maureen's normal romance genre books this book is not for you.

First definitely read Exposed before this book so that you'll know the history of these characters and what brought them to this point in their lives.

There were a few unexpected things that happened in this book. Tamia for one totally changed, it seemed as though she really realized the error of her ways, and put for
Angelia
All I can say is WOW this was simply WONDERFUL!!!! GREAT !!!!! Can't wait for the next one.....DEFINITELY not your typical romance read so if that's what you're looking for this is NOT the book for you but if you enjoy erotic fiction and all things SCANDALOUS then make SURE to pick up your copy.......
Delaney Diamond
Deception was not quite the page-turner that Exposed was, but it was still a good read. While reading, I felt as if I was supposed to dislike Cynthia, but I couldn’t. In the first book, Exposed, she was poised, smart, and knew how to hang with the boys at the cigar bar. I liked her way more than I did Tamia and wanted her and Brandon to work out. In this book, she was portrayed as being needy and even a little conniving, but I really feel like she was being wronged by Brandon. He disrespected he ...more
Sonia
Im absolutely disappointed in a good way I did not want this book to end Naomi was so wrong on ever level for ending that book like that I hurt :-( BUT BRAVO IT WAS SCANDALOUS, DRAMA FILLED, HURT, LOVE, HATE, MURDER IT HAD IT ALL.. WHERES PT 3 IM READY.
Kimberly
Naomi chase has done it again. This was a page turner from start to finish! Man I just didn't see all of this coming! Can't wait for the next one.
Diana
I get annoyed with cliffhanger endings but I'm trying to hold on to this series becaue I really like Naomi Chase's writing style and the plot is interesting. Deception was better than Exposed to me, but again, these books are filled with a lot of extra fluff that I think could be removed and this story only needed one book to tell it's full story. That's just my opinion though, going to wait for the next one. My last rant against the book is that at the end, I expected an excerpt from the next b ...more
Tomeka
This book was just as good as the first. How can you not root for Brandon Chambers and Tamia Luke to be together after all they've been through, and the love and passion that's inescapable to see? But of course, there's the ever present, burgoise, conniving witch of Cynthia Yarbrough who's determined to keep her man by any means necessary. Unexpected twists and Secrets are revealed in this book, but with the cliffhanger of the ending it's evident a third book is in the making. Let's just hope it ...more
Yolanda Moore
I cant wait for the next one to find out what Brandon will do. I didnt know Fiona was that evil.
Metris
After reading Exposed (which by the way I liked even though I was very irritated with Tamia & the lies) so I didn't know if I was going to be able to handle a repeat. I can honestly say that I enjoyed Deception, the rekindling love for Tamia and Brandon was awesome and no matter what Tamia has done in her past I want her to have a happy ending she deserves it.
It is time for Brandon to grow some balls and stand up to his parents...UGH I HATEEEEE Daddy & Mama Chambers & Bishop somebod
Destiny
This book was soooooo good. I listened to the audio book. I often found myself sitting in my car trying to finish the cd, no matter what chapter I was on. Tamia, Brandon, Cynthia, Fiona, and Dre are some characters from this story that I will never forget. This book of love, deception, betrayal and sacrifice was the bomb.Not to mention the sex scenes were fire. I am so ready to read book three. One of the best series, if not the best that I've read.
One-Click
Audiobook

Great Narration

More Cheaty-Cheaterson going on all over the place in this book.
It got a little bit like a Scooby Doo episode in the last few chapters AND it ends yet again on a giant CLIFF! But Never Fear! Book Three is already out!

So much action and crazy in this book, I'm not telling you anything. Just that it's another Great Book, so if you read the first one and enjoyed it, you HAVE to read this one.

Great Characters, Great Sex, A little Scooby Doo, Some Angst, a tear or two and I'm
MZURAQT
After hearing the words she dreamed of for five months(not guilty. Tamika Luke has one thing on her mind getting her one true love back.Hearing that he is about get married has her more determined than every to make him remember the love that he once knew. With time winding down and her plan set in motion nothing can stop her but secrets from the past. Will she be able to keep then in until she get the love of her life back?

Trying to adjust to the real world Fiona finally land herself a job,hopi
Marie

Let me start off by stating, I devoured this book. From the beginning to the end it had me sitting on the edge of my seat with the twists and turns of Ms. Chase's dark and twisty mind. Even in the second installment, the characters still came to life and every new person had me second guessing w...

more...
Bree
This book was great! It was even better than Exposed. I never really liked Cynthia anyway. I was glad when Brandon dumped her. He should be with Tamia because she is his true love. I can't believe Fiona was so evil. How could she do such a horrible thing. She is really crazy. I hope Tamia is pregnant by Brandon. I can't wait for Betrayal. 9/23/2012
Valerie
This book was awesome...
Suspense, passion, lust, love triangles and deceit all made this page turner a fast read for me.
Deception is Part II of the book Exposed which was also a page turner.
I am in hopes that there is another part to this story because I do want to see Tamia and Brandon happy.
Syl
Another page turner by Naomi Chase! Tamia and Brandon show you the kind of love they have while you sit back and watch Cynthia wishing she had that kind of love! Great Book another must read. Theres a cliffhanger at the end of the book that leads you to hope, wish and wonder when book #3 is coming :D
Winter
now this was a hot book! Excellent sequel to exposed and can not wait to the next one comes out. I soooo hope Brandon and tamia gets together and sonetimes the goody tu shu women are not so great after all (Cynthia) .please read this book you won't be disappointed! !
~Charmer~the 1-click addict
Loved it. Smh at Mrs. Chambers, and Cynthia. Wasn't Dominic dark-skinned in book 1, cause he was light-skinned in book 2? What's Brandon gonna do? Can't wait for book 3. Which is not on audio, yet. Damn. Come on Naomi Chase, I NEED that book. Lol
Teaguem2005
4.5 stars. This story was so well crafted. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Obviously part of a series but a great stand alone on its own merits. Im going to read the other books after this.

Tamia Luke is the love of Brandon's life but her betrayal is more than he can bear. He moves on to the woman who's been waiting in the wings, Cynthia. After Brandon represents Tamia in a criminal case, she vows to win him back from Cynthia no matter what.

She learns the grandmother she adored was actually killed by a fa
Stephanie
This book was so good I read it twice!
Jasmin
This book was my addiction! I couldn't stop listening to it! Every chapter was filled with perfect chaos, I just had to get to the end! Just like with the 1st book in this series, my emotions were all over the place and that's what I love. I felt like I was going through things with the characters. Tamia was relatable again and a lot of fun, brandon changed a bit but who could blame him & I still loved to hate Dominic. Cynthia bothered the hell out of me again but that's only because I'm tea ...more
Sherika
First off this book was GOOD!!! I didn't read EXPOSED. But this book had you wanting to be Tamia when she was with Brandon or atleast I know it had me that way. The ending has me wanting more from the 3rd book that I hope doesn't take a long time. Naomi you can give a hint or something bout what is going to happen. Now she did her thing in this book and kept you wanting to read more I guess that is why I finished this book in 1 1/2 days!! I don't see why anyone would have anything o say negative ...more
Cassandra Baker-Durham
Explosive!!!! Deceptions picks up where Exposed left off. All of our old friends are still there including Cynthia. I must admit, I went in thinking I was going to get all of my answers in a neat little bow, but I had it twisted... this is Mrs. Chase after all. There were a lot of questions answered and neat little relationships in the first book, took a beating in the second book.
I completely liked the changes that Tamia made in this book and I like how she let a little of Mystique come out of
J
3.5 actually. It was an interesting and engaging story. I actually didn't realize it was part of a series until I got to the end and was left hanging SO abruptly. (That was really disappointing) If not for the abrupt ending, it might actually have been a decent stand alone read. My other issue is that I'm supposed to be reading and identifying with characters within my own peer group yet the dialogue just made it seem like the author was trying too hard sometimes. Maybe it's because I listened t ...more
Diane Rembert
Tamia is fighting for her life and Brandon is right by her side. Life after they verdict is nothing short of a roller coaster ride! There at so many twists and turns in this book, that you will not want to put it down. We also catch up with Fiona, Dre, Beau, The Chambers and The Yarboroughs. I can't wait to dig into Betrayal!
Kim Brittingham
I love this book! When I received the book in the mail, I myself ripping the packaging open and reading until my eyes started hurting! I was soo happy when Brandon decided to represent Tamia and got her acquitted. I knew he still loved her after all that happens between them.
Janice T Enoch
Page Turner!!

naomi did it again! she produced another page turner! I am forced to purchase the third book because I have to find out what happens to Tamia and Brandon. loved it!!!
Texas Diva
Another hit...TNB 4life...ijs

Ms Chase has done it again. Suspense. Drama. Erotic love scenes. Aggravating cliffhanger. This is a recommend read. Team Tamia & Brandon. (TNB)
Neka Green
Dang

I'm Hooked I Can't Wait To Read Betrayal Tamia and Brandon Belong Together This Book Is The Bomb Naomi Girl I'm In Love With Brandon
Twarla Hill
Again, Naomi Chase can really give you a spicy story. This book was not as good as the first one, Exposed, but it was still an excellent read.
DECEPTION 2 13 Jun 26, 2013 11:48AM
  • Sweet Little Lies
  • Don't Tell a Soul
  • If I Can't Have You
  • The Man in 3B
  • I Ain't Me No More (Always Diva, #1)
  • Tempt Me at Midnight
  • Twisted Obsessions
  • Pecking Order
NAOMI CHASE always knew she wanted to be a writer. Growing up, she had a vivid imagination, an amazing vocabulary, and an affinity for storytelling. She devoured every book she could get her hands on, enjoying everything from romance to hardcore horror. She’s always been fascinated with stories that explore themes of love, friendship, and complex family dynamics.

And speaking of family, Naomi is th
More about Naomi Chase...

Tamia Luke (3 books)
  • Exposed
  • Betrayal
Exposed Betrayal Deception (Exposed Series Book 2)