Start by marking “Deception” as Want to Read:
Deception

Deception (Tamia Luke #2)

Sisters can share too much. . .

Acquitted of murder, Tamia Luke is on a mission to reclaim all she's lost, including her ex, Brandon, who saved her life. Brandon's about to get married, but Tamia's determined, even if it means resorting to deception--a family habit. Her sister, Fiona, betrayed Tamia to save her own skin. Now the two share a scandalous secret that may destro
Published February 28th 2012 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deception

Kim
Feb 28, 2012 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic-fiction
I want to preface this review by mentioning that this book is not romance but erotic fiction, so if you are looking for Maureen's normal romance genre books this book is not for you.

First definitely read Exposed before this book so that you'll know the history of these characters and what brought them to this point in their lives.

There were a few unexpected things that happened in this book. Tamia for one totally changed, it seemed as though she really realized the error of her ways, and put for
Angelia
Mar 03, 2012 Angelia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I can say is WOW this was simply WONDERFUL!!!! GREAT !!!!! Can't wait for the next one.....DEFINITELY not your typical romance read so if that's what you're looking for this is NOT the book for you but if you enjoy erotic fiction and all things SCANDALOUS then make SURE to pick up your copy.......
ConSonia
Jun 17, 2012 ConSonia rated it it was amazing
Im absolutely disappointed in a good way I did not want this book to end Naomi was so wrong on ever level for ending that book like that I hurt :-( BUT BRAVO IT WAS SCANDALOUS, DRAMA FILLED, HURT, LOVE, HATE, MURDER IT HAD IT ALL.. WHERES PT 3 IM READY.
Kimberly
Naomi chase has done it again. This was a page turner from start to finish! Man I just didn't see all of this coming! Can't wait for the next one.
Metris
May 10, 2013 Metris rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
After reading Exposed (which by the way I liked even though I was very irritated with Tamia & the lies) so I didn't know if I was going to be able to handle a repeat. I can honestly say that I enjoyed Deception, the rekindling love for Tamia and Brandon was awesome and no matter what Tamia has done in her past I want her to have a happy ending she deserves it.
It is time for Brandon to grow some balls and stand up to his parents...UGH I HATEEEEE Daddy & Mama Chambers & Bishop somebod
Delaney Diamond
Nov 30, 2014 Delaney Diamond rated it it was amazing
Deception was not quite the page-turner that Exposed was, but it was still a good read. While reading, I felt as if I was supposed to dislike Cynthia, but I couldn’t. In the first book, Exposed, she was poised, smart, and knew how to hang with the boys at the cigar bar. I liked her way more than I did Tamia and wanted her and Brandon to work out. In this book, she was portrayed as being needy and even a little conniving, but I really feel like she was being wronged by Brandon. He disrespected he ...more
Diana
Aug 29, 2012 Diana rated it really liked it
I get annoyed with cliffhanger endings but I'm trying to hold on to this series becaue I really like Naomi Chase's writing style and the plot is interesting. Deception was better than Exposed to me, but again, these books are filled with a lot of extra fluff that I think could be removed and this story only needed one book to tell it's full story. That's just my opinion though, going to wait for the next one. My last rant against the book is that at the end, I expected an excerpt from the next b ...more
Tomeka
Mar 05, 2012 Tomeka rated it really liked it
This book was just as good as the first. How can you not root for Brandon Chambers and Tamia Luke to be together after all they've been through, and the love and passion that's inescapable to see? But of course, there's the ever present, burgoise, conniving witch of Cynthia Yarbrough who's determined to keep her man by any means necessary. Unexpected twists and Secrets are revealed in this book, but with the cliffhanger of the ending it's evident a third book is in the making. Let's just hope it ...more
Yolanda Moore
Apr 03, 2013 Yolanda Moore rated it it was amazing
I cant wait for the next one to find out what Brandon will do. I didnt know Fiona was that evil.
One-Click
Audiobook

Great Narration

More Cheaty-Cheaterson going on all over the place in this book.
It got a little bit like a Scooby Doo episode in the last few chapters AND it ends yet again on a giant CLIFF! But Never Fear! Book Three is already out!

So much action and crazy in this book, I'm not telling you anything. Just that it's another Great Book, so if you read the first one and enjoyed it, you HAVE to read this one.

Great Characters, Great Sex, A little Scooby Doo, Some Angst, a tear or two and I'm
Destiny
Jun 11, 2014 Destiny rated it it was amazing
This book was soooooo good. I listened to the audio book. I often found myself sitting in my car trying to finish the cd, no matter what chapter I was on. Tamia, Brandon, Cynthia, Fiona, and Dre are some characters from this story that I will never forget. This book of love, deception, betrayal and sacrifice was the bomb.Not to mention the sex scenes were fire. I am so ready to read book three. One of the best series, if not the best that I've read.
Marie

Let me start off by stating, I devoured this book. From the beginning to the end it had me sitting on the edge of my seat with the twists and turns of Ms. Chase's dark and twisty mind. Even in the second installment, the characters still came to life and every new person had me second guessing w...

more...
Bree
Sep 23, 2012 Bree rated it it was amazing
This book was great! It was even better than Exposed. I never really liked Cynthia anyway. I was glad when Brandon dumped her. He should be with Tamia because she is his true love. I can't believe Fiona was so evil. How could she do such a horrible thing. She is really crazy. I hope Tamia is pregnant by Brandon. I can't wait for Betrayal. 9/23/2012
Syl
Feb 20, 2013 Syl rated it it was amazing
Another page turner by Naomi Chase! Tamia and Brandon show you the kind of love they have while you sit back and watch Cynthia wishing she had that kind of love! Great Book another must read. Theres a cliffhanger at the end of the book that leads you to hope, wish and wonder when book #3 is coming :D
Valerie
This book was awesome...
Suspense, passion, lust, love triangles and deceit all made this page turner a fast read for me.
Deception is Part II of the book Exposed which was also a page turner.
I am in hopes that there is another part to this story because I do want to see Tamia and Brandon happy.
Winter
Mar 11, 2012 Winter rated it it was amazing
now this was a hot book! Excellent sequel to exposed and can not wait to the next one comes out. I soooo hope Brandon and tamia gets together and sonetimes the goody tu shu women are not so great after all (Cynthia) .please read this book you won't be disappointed! !
Yasmin
Jan 19, 2016 Yasmin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

I literally can not get enough of this series. I just finished it and I could literally read it again right now And still enjoy it. It really is an amazing storyline. Its definitely a page turner. You will not want to put it down!
~Charmer~the 1-click addict
Loved it. Smh at Mrs. Chambers, and Cynthia. Wasn't Dominic dark-skinned in book 1, cause he was light-skinned in book 2? What's Brandon gonna do? Can't wait for book 3. Which is not on audio, yet. Damn. Come on Naomi Chase, I NEED that book. Lol
Stephanie
Sep 06, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
This book was so good I read it twice!
MZURAQT
Feb 08, 2014 MZURAQT rated it liked it
After hearing the words she dreamed of for five months(not guilty. Tamika Luke has one thing on her mind getting her one true love back.Hearing that he is about get married has her more determined than every to make him remember the love that he once knew. With time winding down and her plan set in motion nothing can stop her but secrets from the past. Will she be able to keep then in until she get the love of her life back?

Trying to adjust to the real world Fiona finally land herself a job,hopi
Sherika
Sep 06, 2012 Sherika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First off this book was GOOD!!! I didn't read EXPOSED. But this book had you wanting to be Tamia when she was with Brandon or atleast I know it had me that way. The ending has me wanting more from the 3rd book that I hope doesn't take a long time. Naomi you can give a hint or something bout what is going to happen. Now she did her thing in this book and kept you wanting to read more I guess that is why I finished this book in 1 1/2 days!! I don't see why anyone would have anything o say negative ...more
Cassandra Baker-Durham
Feb 04, 2013 Cassandra Baker-Durham rated it it was amazing
Explosive!!!! Deceptions picks up where Exposed left off. All of our old friends are still there including Cynthia. I must admit, I went in thinking I was going to get all of my answers in a neat little bow, but I had it twisted... this is Mrs. Chase after all. There were a lot of questions answered and neat little relationships in the first book, took a beating in the second book.
I completely liked the changes that Tamia made in this book and I like how she let a little of Mystique come out of
J
3.5 actually. It was an interesting and engaging story. I actually didn't realize it was part of a series until I got to the end and was left hanging SO abruptly. (That was really disappointing) If not for the abrupt ending, it might actually have been a decent stand alone read. My other issue is that I'm supposed to be reading and identifying with characters within my own peer group yet the dialogue just made it seem like the author was trying too hard sometimes. Maybe it's because I listened t ...more
Teaguem2005
Apr 22, 2014 Teaguem2005 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. This story was so well crafted. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Obviously part of a series but a great stand alone on its own merits. Im going to read the other books after this.

Tamia Luke is the love of Brandon's life but her betrayal is more than he can bear. He moves on to the woman who's been waiting in the wings, Cynthia. After Brandon represents Tamia in a criminal case, she vows to win him back from Cynthia no matter what.

She learns the grandmother she adored was actually killed by a fa
Natasha
Oct 19, 2012 Natasha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-lit
I was on the edge of my seat at the end of this book! Only to be left hanging, lol. I know there will be a follow-up to the story but now I have to wait *sigh*... I enjoyed hearing more about Tamia and following the twists and turns life threw her way. It was definitely crazy how her deceased grandmother came to her in her dream and guided her. Tamia has been through a lot, I really want her to come out on top. But I guess I'll have to wait for the next installment to find out what happens next!
Jasmin
Dec 29, 2014 Jasmin rated it it was amazing
This book was my addiction! I couldn't stop listening to it! Every chapter was filled with perfect chaos, I just had to get to the end! Just like with the 1st book in this series, my emotions were all over the place and that's what I love. I felt like I was going through things with the characters. Tamia was relatable again and a lot of fun, brandon changed a bit but who could blame him & I still loved to hate Dominic. Cynthia bothered the hell out of me again but that's only because I'm tea ...more
Nicole Hughes
Aug 01, 2013 Nicole Hughes rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I can appreciate how the author left so many questions unanswered. What will happen between Tamia and Brandon, Tamia and Dominic, Leah and Dre, Brandon and Cynthia,the Bishop and Honey and Beau. Tamia's story if fascinating and everyone deserves a second chance. I am not quite sure Tamia has learned her lesson or any lesson but the characters are wonder and realistic. I know there is a part three but I hate to see these character come to an end.
Ashley
Sep 09, 2012 Ashley rated it it was amazing
This book was truly a page Turner every time tried to put it down I couldn't. I love the fact that Brandon wanted to help Tamia no matter who said or felt differently. How he was always there for her no matter what. Fiona was really a piece of work and it pressed me off the way her and Dre ended up. I like how Tamia befriended Honey when she didn't have to. I hope that Cynthia gets was she deserves in the end and Brandon isn't it. Can't wait for Betrayal to come out.
DECEPTION 2 14 Jun 26, 2013 11:48AM
  • Taking Care of Business
  • The Secret She Kept
  • Mistress No More
  • Don't Tell a Soul
  • I Ain't Me No More (Always Diva, #1)
  • If I Can't Have You (If I Can't Have You, #1)
  • Seducing the Wolf (The Wolf Pack #6)
  • Pecking Order
  • Grand Opening: A Family Business Novel
  • Twisted Obsessions (Sin City Heat, #2)
Naomi Chase is a pseudonym for Maureen Smith

Maureen garnered critical acclaim for her sensual romances and heart-pounding romantic suspense, as well as her edgy women's fiction written as Naomi Chase. She has won a Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award (nominated for seven total) and numerous Emma Awards.

Before becoming an author, Maureen interned with a former U.S. presidential candidate, worke
More about Naomi Chase...

Tamia Luke (3 books)