Start by marking “The Secret Language of Birthdays: Personology Profiles for Each Day of the Year” as Want to Read:
The Secret Language of Birthdays: Personology Profiles for Each Day of the Year

The Secret Language of Birthdays: Personology Profiles for Each Day of the Year

4.15  ·  Rating Details ·  1,594 Ratings  ·  101 Reviews
Offering a two-page spread on every day of the year, a one-of-a-kind combination of astrology and numerology presents an abundance of information, including personality profiles, illustrations, meditation suggestions, and more for each day. 20,000 first printing.
Published November 1st 1994 by Penguin Studio Books (first published 1994)

The Secret Language of Birthdays by Gary GoldschneiderGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussDivine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca WellsHeaven is for Real by Todd BurpoThe Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Tastemakers On: Best Books to Give
1st out of 130 books — 9 voters
The Alchemist by Paulo CoelhoThe Power of Now by Eckhart TolleMindfulness  by Amit RayOm Chanting and Meditation by Amit RayThe Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
Best New Age Books
48th out of 307 books — 198 voters

More lists with this book...

Kathy
Aug 24, 2012 Kathy rated it liked it
Although it is an enormous tome, this is the most shoplifted book at our shop (and at a local restaurant, which liked to have it on hand for customer enjoyment). To my mind it is in no real way a book of astrology (but then I am a persnickety and opinionated astrologer) but a neat sort of parlor game book. Of course, I didn't agree with the assessment of my birthday (Sept 30). But I must say every other family member, whose days seemed pretty accurate, stared at me and couldn't believe I couldn' ...more
Angie McCrae
Mar 30, 2009 Angie McCrae rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own, astrology
Recommended by a friend, this is one of the most read books that I own. If you're into astrology (or even have a mild interest in it), this is a must read if not must own book. Comprised of each day of the year, it gives an insightful and detailed personality assessment of persons born on that particular day. Whenever I learn of someone's birthday, I look it up to see what it says about them, and for the most part I've found that the traits outlined in the book are pretty much spot-on with the p ...more
Aug 10, 2008 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: don-t-judge-me
This will hurt my credibility, but...it's eerily accurate, I tell you!
Molly Poynter
I love astrology, so I checked this book out and it's really neat
Bonnie Randall
Sep 07, 2014 Bonnie Randall rated it it was amazing
Shelves: astrology
Fascinating & illuminating ~ wonderful fodder for any novelist and certainly intriguing for anyone trying to understand the people sprinkled all over their lives.
Alpha
Oct 14, 2011 Alpha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Out of all the books in the three I respect by Goldschneider, I love the Secret Language of Birthdays a little more since it appeals to everyone compared to just a few. Destiny is something everyone pursues but it is a general description given without any details to the person and as for relationships, well relationships are different among everyone and so the general is for a general understanding how two people will mesh.

Now this book is a complete and intricate detail of a person by the day
Kit★
Mar 14, 2013 Kit★ marked it as wishlist-want-it
Shelves: non-fiction
I remember checking this book out from the library a bunch of times when I was a teen, and have wanted it ever since. I have the second one, The Secret Language of Relationships, but didn't find it nearly as 'accurate' in describing myself or people I know, or our relationships, so I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as this one. Would like to read this one again now that I'm older, and see how I interpret it now.
Angelica
Oct 10, 2010 Angelica rated it it was amazing
I 1st came across this book in the mid 90s at a library and was jaw dropped over the accuracy of my birthday. I brought it to work and everyone else was just a gobsmacked over their birthday readings. Only one woman didn't agree about her's but everyone in our department agreed that it was completely accurate, she just wasn't too keen on the realization of the negative bits of her nature.

The author has a very useful website companion to this book as well, I came across it while researching the
Gun Lippert
Jan 04, 2013 Gun Lippert marked it as to-read
All the books i added today i got for a dollar a piece!
They are everything down from this spot on, on my "to read list..

Also got Frannie 6 F Paul Wilson books (her current passion)..
and a coupla bonus vampire books.

i GOTTA tell you guys about this "Birthdays" book..
It assigns a title to each day of the year.

Just so tired tonight, i'll tell you about it tomorrow.
My brain is toast.

Taryn Hipwell
Apr 03, 2008 Taryn Hipwell rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Taryn by: Found it one night when I was on a date, seems the book was righ
I've read this book several times on an as needed basis. Sometimes I feel a little bit off, and it has pointed out my flaws and fabulous traits. It also helps me to figure out why other people do what they do.

Sometimes it's too on the nose and freaks me out. But I just finally bought a copy for myself. And strangely it's like a mini-psyochological analysis page on everyone I know.
Lynn Wilson
Oct 16, 2009 Lynn Wilson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is remarkable.
As an astrologer I generally dismiss people who emphasize sun signs, but the authors have somehow managed to compile a list of very accurate descriptions about people based on one piece of information - their date of birth. It's wonderful fun, and can be very helpful in understanding friends, children, family members, employees, spouses and significant others.
Hanna Lee
Jun 12, 2011 Hanna Lee rated it it was amazing
This is incredibly creepy, but informative at the same time -- definitely read this or at least skim through it if if you get the chance. For the vast majority of the people I know personally, the descriptions provided for their birth date are essentially a complete analysis of their character.
Jen Rainwater
Jan 08, 2013 Jen Rainwater rated it it was amazing
It's scarily right on on all the birthdays I checked! Pretty much done with the main ones I am interested in but might check out a few more! It's so accurate and usually while I am into astrology I usually take it with a grain of salt, saying that this book is extremely cool!!
Bearclaw
Oct 24, 2008 Bearclaw rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book that can have a profound impact on some and just cheap entertainment to others. I lay in between, and believe this book is a must have for everybody. Great to read anybodys birthdya and I have all my friends to sign their names on their page.
Andrée
Jul 04, 2009 Andrée rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, new-age, reviewed
An in-depth analysis of birth dates and what they mean for each individual. Compiled from common personality traits shared by people born on the same day of the year, this personality analysis is freakishly accurate.
Kat Czar
Nov 20, 2008 Kat Czar rated it it was amazing
If you believe in astrology - or not .....this is a cool book - insightful!
Michelle
Jan 31, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: a-hoot, bios, spirituality
This book is awesomely good fun! Surprisingly accurate for everyone I know, except me, well not exactly. I'm going to do a silly anecdotal study of people with my birthday to see if their life stories and character traits match mine. This should be fun because some really interesting people share the same birthday - Peter O'Toole, Myrna Loy, James Baldwin, Carroll O' Connor, to name a few.
Insertnamehere
Mar 19, 2014 Insertnamehere rated it it was amazing
Since it has thusfar been accurate for everyone I tested it on, I've been using it to pick out birthdates for my original characters based on their personalities. It's a fun writer's block activity. I wasn't yet sure if I believed in astrology when I first bought the book, but this made up my mind.
Nancy
May 24, 2015 Nancy rated it it was amazing
Ab absolute sticker on our booksheleves ever since buying it 20 odd years ago. Uncannily accurate for the most part and fascinating to dip into. Love the meditations for each day - good to be reminded of them from time to time.
Stephonee
Apr 12, 2014 Stephonee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Amazingly informative, accurate & easy to understand for those who don't know much about Astrology. This is one of my most useful pieces of Astrological literature. Please keep an open mind and enjoy.
Erin Nizolak
Sep 12, 2016 Erin Nizolak rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How???????????

Seriously-- This is such a fun book to have, even if you don't really believe in astrology. It's a great conversation starter, and in my experience remarkably accurate/specific!
Robert Case
Oct 10, 2014 Robert Case rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference
This is fun book to put out in a conspicuous place in your home or office. It's interesting to watch who picks it up, what date(s) are looked up. It's a great conversation starter.
Wendy
Sep 01, 2013 Wendy rated it liked it
A entertaining coffee table book, one that could be fun at party; photocopy the descriptions that correspond to your friends' birthdays, remove the dates, then play mix and match, trying to guess whose profile best fits each person in the room, focusing only on the positive traits, though!

Having read the profiles for close friends and family members, however, it seems somewhat uncanny that each profile seems distinct for each individual. I'm not a believer in astrology/horoscopes in general, but
Rosemary
Jun 20, 2013 Rosemary rated it it was amazing
i found this book fascinating....from a scientific standpoint, there were enough involved in the study that its not just "random" - and I found it interesting that parts of it hit me totally, while other parts didn't (I am going to go look it up now) - and i looked up my XBF and several of my friends and family members when i got it as well.

Anyone who is interested in astrology and new age "stuff" will find themselves fascinated.

interestingly enough...i had this book, or a version, in my early
Angel_flores
Apr 13, 2014 Angel_flores rated it really liked it
It's more of a study book. Filled with tons of information I personally love it and got myself a hard copy.
Christa
May 26, 2014 Christa rated it really liked it
Not as good as The Power of Birthdays, Stars and Sun Signs, but a nice comprehensive of each day.
T.
May 23, 2016 T. rated it it was amazing
This is surprisingly accurate when looking up friends and family. A good book to own.
Teejay
Jan 18, 2014 Teejay rated it it was amazing
Given the subject matter of this book, I feel it necessary to address my rating.

I rated this a 5 not because of its astrological content, but its absolutely fantastic value as a conversation piece and a (giant) coffee table book.
Jamie
Aug 26, 2015 Jamie rated it really liked it
Uncanny.
Jill
Sep 14, 2007 Jill rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
This book is chalked full of information on astrology, human life and nature. It's basis is personology and within these 832 pages is record of everyone's birthday and the similarities that are found for those born on the same day. I found my birth day personality profile to be very accurate, and I'm in good company with Segmund Freud, Rudolph Valentino and Willie Mays. Even if you don't buy into the theory of how the universe, seasons and the Grand Cycle of Life forms who you are, it's fun to r ...more
  • The New Astrology: A Unique Synthesis Of The World's Two Great Astrological Systems: The Chinese & Western
  • Parker's Astrology: The Definitive Guide to Using Astrology in Every Aspect of Your Life (New Edition)
  • The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need
  • The Astrologer's Handbook
  • Born on a Rotten Day: Illuminating and Coping with the Dark Side of the Zodiac
  • Tarot Made Easy
  • Linda Goodman's Love Signs: A New Approach to the Human Heart
  • The Power of Birthdays, Stars & Numbers: The Complete Personology Reference Guide
  • Darkside Zodiac
  • The Encyclopedia of Witches and Witchcraft
  • The Pictorial Key to the Tarot
  • Divine Magic: The Seven Sacred Secrets of Manifestation
  • Silver's Spells for Prosperity
Gary began his extensive career in the public eye with weekly performances on WCAU radio’s Children’s Hour at the tender age of two. Reciting Keats, Shelley, Wordsworth and other famous poets, he later did scripts and commercials which laid the foundation for public speaking and college lecturing later in life.

At seven, he began his piano study with David Sokoloff in Philadelphia. As a concert pi
More about Gary Goldschneider...