Start by marking “Chameleon (Ripple, #2)” as Want to Read:
Chameleon (Ripple, #2)

Chameleon (Ripple, #2)

3.97  ·  Rating Details ·  1,141 Ratings  ·  119 Reviews
Sixteen-year-old Samantha Ruiz has a lot on her mind. The crush who kissed her but changed his mind. The BFF who thinks Sam is in an abusive relationship. The geneticist who wanted Sam dead but now wants her ALIVE. And of course, Sam’s still dealing with a tendency to disappear into thin air.

When Sam learns of her nemesis Helmann’s Nazi-like plan to establish a Thousand-Ye
Published September 7th 2011 by Williams Press (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Chameleon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chameleon

Nicola
It's not often that I feel compelled to continue on and finish a series. Often, I will love or like the first book but then the second book will bore me to tears and that will be that. But I am so excited about the Ripple series! Chameleon was just as good as, if not better than, the first book. I made the mistake of starting it late at night and had to stay up to finish it because it was so intense! Things would just be calming down and suddenly something else would pop up.

The storyline becomes
Tamara
Apr 10, 2015 Tamara rated it it was ok
Characters are like immature eighth graders.
Marla
Jan 20, 2017 Marla rated it it was amazing
I love this series. It incorporates all of my favorite things: YA speculative fiction; blending history into a speculative plot; sweet romance; and a strong female protagonist. Highly recommend!
Romancing the Book
Nov 09, 2011 Romancing the Book rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, paranormal
Review by Valerie:COVER LOVE! I loved book one’s cover too!!!
Review: These stories have grit. I absolutely love this trilogy so far! In book one, Sam found out that she has the ability to ripple, or turn invisible. She also discovered that her mom and best friend’s death were not accidental and she was the intended target. Now, it seems that Sam, as well as Will, are both wanted by geneticists that have sinister plans. Do they want them dead or alive and why? When a note and video arrives by mai
Megan
Oct 15, 2011 Megan rated it it was amazing
'Chameleon' was definitely worth the wait! I enjoyed every page of this book! I don't read a lot of fantasy, but there is just something I love about this series!

In this book, Sam, Will and Mickie travel to France to meet with Waldhart de Rochefort (Sir Walter). He teaches them more about Rippling or being a Chameleon - as he calls it. It is also from Sir Walter that they learn more about the experiments that were in the "Black Book" and about the man who conducted them.

In 'Rippler' I didn't lik
Julie Witt
Sep 26, 2011 Julie Witt rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Another great book by the awesome Ms. Swanson! If you haven't read the first book in the series, Ripple, yet, you really should. I really liked it and I couldn't wait to read Chameleon. Luckily, Cidney was kind enough to gift me a copy so I didn't have to wait long at all!

Chameleon picked up practically right where Ripple left off, which I really love in a follow up book. In this book, since you already know all the background about the ripple effect, it jumps right in and grabs you from the get
Tara Chevrestt
Sep 25, 2011 Tara Chevrestt rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, 2011-release, kindle
First of all, in Chameleon, Mickie isn't quit so annoying.. perhaps because she has met her match in Sir Walter. Sir Walter is 600 years old so even though he's quite wordy and old fashioned, finally someone knows how to handle Mickie!

Sir Walter enters the picture when Sam and Will and Mickie travel to France. He's the keeper of many secrets and hold most all the knowledge that Sam and Will need to know about their amazing rippling ability. While Sam and Will prance around France and see the sig
Dee Bibb
Dec 22, 2011 Dee Bibb rated it it was amazing
Ms. Swanson did not let me down with this book in the series. It was just a interesting and suspenseful as book 1. I really liked the way book 2 picked right up where book 1 left off without any interruption.

The Rippler series is a super read with a different twist. When reading the first book, I remember thinking what a fantastic way to change the genre.

I was very fascinated by all the history entwined into the story line.

I would definitely recommend this series to all my friends.

I really can't
Karen
Jan 05, 2016 Karen rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this second book in the Ripple series.The author revealed a lot more back story and tied up loose ends.The constant bickering between Will and his sister Mickie was just as monotonous and irritating as the first book.Yet I feel the author delivered a more mature story in The Chameleon.The book finishes nicely without a big cliffhanger,but leaves room for more in the series.The narrator is quite pleasant to listen to.I received an audiobook from the author in exchange for an hone ...more
Diane Daniels
This was pretty good for an Indie second book. Of course, now I have to read the third book. Yes, there are some editing problems, but not too many. The story is original with the "rippling" genetics and the evil Nazi villains wanting to take over the world with new, improved people was believable. It ends kind of abruptly after the main characters finally admit their feelings for each other.
Laurie - The Baking Bookworm
Author: Cidney Swanson
Genre: Supernatural / Young Adult
Type: e-book for Kindle
First Published: September 2011
Published By: Williams Press
Series Order: Rippler (June 2011), Chameleon (Sept 2011), Unfurl (2012)
First Line: "Excerpted from my Father's Brilliant Journal by Helga Gottlieb -- Killing Kathryn Ruiz and her daughter Samantha seemed a simple assignment."

Synopsis: Samantha Ruiz seems like the typical American teenager ... if you overlook her quirky ability to literally disappear. Add in the
David King
Apr 29, 2012 David King rated it really liked it
"Chameleon" is a Young Adult Urban Fantasy novel that follows on from "Rippler". As a little warning, I want to mention that whilst I have tried to remove spoilers, due to this being a sequel there are still some present in this review that are related to the previous novel, "Rippler".

The story continues to follows the life of Sam, the girl from the previous novel who discovered she had the ability to turn invisible, or ripple as it is called in the book. However, her life has been made even mor
Larissa Hinton
Dec 27, 2011 Larissa Hinton rated it liked it
Now, this is the second book in the Rippler series. Check out previous book and reviews here: http://teacherwritebookaholicohmy.blo...

Anyway, lucky or not, I won this book on LibraryThing, so I won both the first and second book of this series.

Normally, I would find this a good thing, but I'm torn about this book.

On the one hand, the mystery continues and the plot seems okay. The characters are the same. The stakes are higher. And the book is overall better in most respects.

But I had a few probl
Diayll
Dec 10, 2011 Diayll rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-by-heather
Originally Reviewed At:Mother/Gamer/Writer
Rating: 5 out of 5 Controllers
Review Source: Author for Honest Review
Reviewer: Heather

Chameleon is the second installment in the Ripple series. As I have yet to read the first book in the series I can’t comment on how well the two flowed into each other, but overall this could easily work as a standalone title. This shows strength in the abilities of the author, because as we all know, creating a series can be very difficult.

The story shows us two distin
Anna (Yoda Is My Spirit Animal)
When we left off last in Rippler, Samantha's life had been turned upside down. She had discovered that her genetic material was something others were being killed for, that her Mother's death was no accident and the beginnings of insight into Helmann's truly twisted mind/experiments. Her best friend Gwyn is ignoring her because of a wrongful notion that Will is an abusive boyfriend and Sam's just allowing it to happen. Plus, Will had kissed her finally. Now, Sam is dealing with the fact that Hel ...more
I'd So Rather Be Reading {Nat}
Nov 12, 2012 I'd So Rather Be Reading {Nat} rated it really liked it
It's been a while since I read the first book in the Ripple series, Rippler (read my review here), so I was worried I would have forgotten some of the details of the story. But, after re-reading my review of Rippler and upon starting Chameleon, my memory was refreshed and I dove with abandon back into Sam and Will's world.

One of the many things I love about this series is the paranormal element. It is unique and so fun to read about. Sam and Will both possess the ability to turn invisible---wha
Julie S.
I started reading Chameleon shortly after finishing the first book, Ripple. I loved the Ripple audio, but at the time had the trilogy ebooks and decided to try reading an ebook again. My schedule just wasn't working out, with only reading a chapter or two on weekends, so I was happy to get the audio of this sequel to blast through on my commute. I forgot how amazing this narrator is. I loved her accents and I really think that adds so much to the enjoyment of the story.

The sequel was quite good
Ally
Nov 08, 2011 Ally rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
(From my Wordpress blog, Word Vagabond: Supporting Independent and Small Press Authors.)

Things are heating up for Samantha Ruiz, a high school student with a bad habit of disappearing- literally. Her best friend is giving her the cold shoulder, the boy she likes is sending mixed signals, and oh yeah- evil scientists are hunting her down to experiment on her.

The second book in Cidney Swanson’s Ripple series gets off to a running start. There are a few stumbling blocks of exposition as Swanson dea
(Source: Downloaded for free from Amazon.co.uk.)
This is the second book in the ‘Rippler’ series, and picks up where book 1 left off.
**Warning – some unavoidable spoilers for book 1 ‘Rippler’.**
Sam and Will are now trying to find out more about their ‘Rippling’ and who wants them dead. Their school trip to France proves to be a valuable way to get information from trusted sources, and they use this to their advantage. They’re not safe in France though, and again run into problems.
Who wants them d
The Bearded Scribe
Sep 12, 2013 The Bearded Scribe rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
Gems for Writers:
World-Building. We talk a lot about world-building here at The Bearded Scribe , and Cidney Swanson does a spectacular job of it. She seamlessly incorporates Rippler’s Syndrome and all of its attendant characteristics into a realistic setting, such that the reader begins to forget that Rippler’s is a fictional condition. This makes the idea of exploiting chameleons for their DNA all the more distasteful, which, in turn, lends a sense of urgency to Will and Sam’s quest to foil t
Priyanka
Dec 25, 2015 Priyanka rated it really liked it
Lauren
Sep 05, 2015 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: SCI-FI ROMANCE EVERYONE MUST READ THIS
Recommended to Lauren by: Book Bub
Emily
Jan 06, 2012 Emily rated it it was amazing
Book Title: Chameleon (Book Two in the Rippler Series)

Author: Cidney Swanson

Published By: Williams Press

Genre: Young Adult supernatural

Recommended Age: 13+

Reviewed By: Emily Tuley / AngelsCryHavoc

Blog Reviewed For: Great Minds Think Aloud Literary Community

Rating: 5 Ravens

I got to finish this book after my surgery. It was a pleasure to have something to read that was fast paced and never let me feel like I needed more sleep than I should while I was in the hospital. In other words it was a defi
Heather
Oct 27, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it
Vanessa
Dec 11, 2011 Vanessa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-library, won-at-lt
Chameleon was a lot more exciting than the first book, and mostly because the story is set in France. I’ve been anticipating this since I read Rippler and found out that they are going to France and was eager to discover what Cidney Swanson brought to the table this time. She didn’t disappoint, which was no surprise at all because she obviously knew her story. With Chameleon, Cidney conveyed more action and thrill against the backdrop of several infamous France’s historical landmarks. Told in Sa ...more
Kai
Jun 14, 2016 Kai rated it really liked it
Chameleon begins with Sam and Will traveling with her class to France to meet with the mysterious Waldhart de Rochefort aka Sir Walter. Will's sister, Mickie is there as one of the chaperon. Even though Sam and Will is in France, Helmann's daughter, Gretchen has set her eyes on Sam and believed that Sam is the key to building the superhuman.

This story goes more in depth of what the Rippler is and is able to do. More revelations are revealed as Sam and Will learns more about their rippling abili
Rachelle Cobb
Mar 09, 2012 Rachelle Cobb rated it really liked it
What I Loved

Don't those covers give you the feeling that the story inside is going to be alluring... slightly unconventional, perhaps, but altogether riveting?

Judging a book by its cover in this case holds true. I found Chameleon and Unfurl by Cidney Swanson just as engrossing as Rippler. The story doesn't lose any of its fascination.

I mean, really, Samantha is able to "ripple" invisible and there's this Nazi-ish plot to take over the world! Amazing the way the threads of the story came together
Alexandra
Jul 25, 2013 Alexandra rated it it was amazing
This book has been on my carousel for who knows how long. I read the first book after finishing Cidney Swanson's other series Saving Mars. I loved her other series and was pleasantly surprised when I saw a lot of her books on my Amazon cloud. I delayed reading this book in fear that it wouldn't live up to book one but was very happy when I read it.

Throughout the book the story kept expanding and forming new shapes creating the mysterious world of Samantha. In this book it tells of her adventure
Tiana Dalichov
4.5 Stars! I'm officially obssessed! *squeeeeee*

This book was definitely better than the first, and the action in this book was a lot more heart-pounding and fear-inducing than the first. Sam grows up a little, wrestling with her feelings for Will and learning more about Helmann's aims in kidnapping her.

And Will.... *swoon/sigh/fangirlmoment* I wish I had someone so protective and supportive of me. My heart literally felt like it was being tugged at relentlessly whenever Will and Sam would kiss
Tara A
Jan 10, 2012 Tara A rated it really liked it
I read both books in a relatively short time. I was pulled in from the first page and wanted to continue reading through the night, and it's honestly been a long time since I've been pulled into a book so quickly and entertained enough to stay absorbed throughout.

While these books would definitely be considered young adult, they aren't childish. The first book begins with the main character being seen using her new ability. She doesn't really understand it and while she begins learning about it,
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 14, 2015 11:35AM
  • Taken (Channie, #2)
  • Hidden Beneath (Into the Deep, #2)
  • Darkness in the Blood (Angel's Edge, #2)
  • Winter's Wrath: Sacrifice  (Winter's Saga, #3)
  • The Secret Trinity: Ignite (Fae-Witch, #2)
  • Keeping Merminia (Merminia, #2)
  • The Childe (The Childe, #1)
  • Shades of Temptation (SIG, #2)
  • Cassidy Jones and Vulcan's Gift (Cassidy Jones Adventures, #2)
  • Everlost (Night Watchmen, #3)
  • Frost Arch (Fire Mage, #1)
  • Son of Eden (Tales of the Guardian #1)
  • The Unleashed (Blemished, #3)
  • Happy Birthday to Me Again (Birthday Trilogy, #2)
  • The Gates (Resistance, #2)
  • The Discovery (Pyxis, #1)
  • Threads That Bind (Havoc Chronicles, #1)
  • Heroes 'Til Curfew (Talent Chronicles, #2)

Ripple, (7 books)