Start by marking “Small Town Girl (Small Town Girl, #1)” as Want to Read:
Small Town Girl (Small Town Girl, #1)

Small Town Girl (Small Town Girl #1)

3.53  ·  Rating Details  ·  217 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
When Lauren Smith begrudgingly returns to the small Vermont town where she grew up to arrange for the sale of her late grandmother's old farmhouse, she has everything she's always worked for. Lauren drives a Mercedes. She's engaged to one of the most powerful businessmen in the country and wears a three carat diamond ring to prove it. She lives in a penthouse on Central Pa ...more
Published November 11th 2011 by Omnific Publishing (first published November 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Small Town Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Small Town Girl

Julie
Nov 05, 2011 Julie rated it really liked it
Small Town Girl is a great start to a new contemporary romance series by Cunningham. Fans of Fool's Gold by Susan Mallery will enjoy this book.

The attraction between Lauren and Caleb is immediate from the moment they meet, albeit shown through tension and feathers getting ruffled. The chemistry with these two is HOT and undeniable. They of course have to work for a happily ever after, but that's why we like this genre, right?

The characters are likable and I invested more in Caleb loving the page
Caroline
Jan 15, 2013 Caroline rated it did not like it
I very very much disliked this book. You're welcome to read my ongoing updates for more detail as to why that is the case, but to keep it short it was for the following reasons:

1. I found Lauren and Caleb had nothing in common. She had dedicated her whole life to be different than her hippie parents (which she annoyingly makes fun of throughout the entire book and magically she likes them at the end?). She loves the city, she loves the finer things in life, she loves being a socialite. Caleb is
Mandy (I read Indie) Anderson
Lauren Smith has everything she has ever worked for; a great job, a rich and successful fiancé, what more could she want? But one day she learns she has inherited her grandmother's Vermont farmhouse. Lauren used to spend summers there with her grandmother when her hippy parents needed to get away. What does she need with an old farmhouse when she is about to officially move in to a 4000 sq ft penthouse? Leaving New York for a couple days, Lauren sets off to put the old house on the market and be ...more
Terra
Jan 22, 2012 Terra rated it it was ok
After losing a giveaway for this book, I bought the Kindle edition because the story sounded intriguing and I liked the intense, immediate connection between Lauren and Caleb. As it turns out, Small Town Girl is rather a cheesy and predictable romance story but an okay read if you like that sort of thing. I found the main character Lauren to be a bit shallow and materialistic. Caleb is more relatable but their romance doesn't evolve into anything other than steamy sex scenes...(view spoiler) ...more
Megan (magan bagan)
Dec 26, 2011 Megan (magan bagan) rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Linda Cunningham's debut romance novel was a pleasant surprise filled with sweet romance. I didn't want to stop reading and was sad when I finally did reach the end, wishing there was more.

Lauren Smith has everything she could possibly want: the perfect job, fiancé, penthouse, an engagement ring. But most importantly, stability. So when Lauren learns that her grandmother left her home in a small Vermont town, she begrudgingly returns in hopes of selling it.

What she doesn't expect is Caleb Cochra
Cocktails and Books
Dec 16, 2011 Cocktails and Books rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure if I was going to like this one based on the first chapter of the book, but I ended up really enjoying it despite not really liking Lauren all that much.

Lauren Smith grew up with hippie parents. She vowed she was going to move up in the world and have a better life. On the verge of marrying a very wealthy older gentleman Lauren seems to have it all. But her parents throw a little wrench in her plans when they deed over her grandmother's house to her as a wedding present. She doesn'
Katya
Dec 10, 2011 Katya rated it liked it
Danielle (Bookwhoreblog) Perez
Lauren has everything she has ever wanted in life, a rich fiancé, a great job, and status in New York City. When Lauren inherits a house for a wedding gift, she meets a man named Caleb and they share an instant attraction that could possibly be love at first site. Lauren has to decide the person she wants to be, before she can decide the man she wants to be with.

Words cannot describe how in love with this novel I am. I literally picked it up and could not put it down to save my own life. I am a
Missie
Dec 31, 2011 Missie rated it liked it
Lauren Smith is on top of the world. She's got a job she loves, a social life most people would die for, and a rich fiancé who adores her. So when she unexpectedly inheritances her grandmother's old fixer upper, it puts a wrench in her plans. Determined to sell the old house as quickly as possibly and move forward with the perfect life she's built for herself, Lauren heads to the place where she grew up, and learns that though she's moved on, her heart never left.

Initially, because of the main c
Jamie Casey
Aug 08, 2013 Jamie Casey rated it really liked it
I'm flabbergasted that this book received bad reviews. Personally I don't understand it at all. I loved this book. I book marked tons of pages because the quotes and message were amazing. Great read.

Noteworthy quotes and moments in book:

His left hand slipped down her throat, softly encircling her graceful neck. His right arm reached around her waist, pulling her firmly to him, pressing her against his chest. He held her there as his kisses traveled down to the fragrant hollow of her throat, to
Autumn Review
Feb 27, 2013 Autumn Review rated it really liked it
Summary:
Lauren Smith is a New York City sophisticate, engaged to a prominent and well known businessman, who happens to inherit a home from her grandmother in Vermont. She decides it would be best to go prepare the house to sell. However, there are issues with house and she needs to call on the local plumber. So, she meets Caleb Cochran, who gets her blood boiling from the get go. Can Lauren find her true self or is her social status more important?

My Take:
The only thing that could have made thi
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
3.5-3.75 Stars :)

This was a sweet story about a woman who was on the verge of having everything she thought she wanted, then realizing its not what she wants after all. As much as I liked the concept, the story was extremely predictable. Normally, I don't have problems with it, but i found myself skimming, which i hate doing, but it couldnt be helped. Another reason why i didnt enjoy the story as much was because of the heroine. She kinda bugged me. She was a little stuck-up IMHO. She made the d
Jen - At Random
Dec 12, 2011 Jen - At Random rated it really liked it
The book summary is a good description of the book. Lauren is very vocal about being ashamed of her hippy parents. Because of that she has always dreamed of a future in the city and full of glitz and glam. Her fiancé has given her all of this. She thinks she has the perfect life and fights for that life even when faced with her past...and the yummy Caleb. Which path will Lauren choose? And will she regret it?

Caleb is a small town boy and proud of it. Although he is instantaly attracted to Laure
Tina Clarke
Nov 24, 2014 Anna rated it did not like it
Shelves: adult

Hated Lauren.
Prone to Crushes on Boys in Books
Hallmark Channel...(After Dark)......"he gently kisses her mound of pleasure". BahHah, I love that. Anyway, no really it was a sweet and romantic read. Lauren did start out being very snobbish and not likable. Caleb throughout the book was sweet, sincere and protective of his heart. Great book for someone that wants a light read with a HEA.
Tiffany
Jul 12, 2012 Tiffany rated it really liked it
Just a perfect summer book to read!! This love story was beautiful and you see how the main character evolves into a brighter person! Caleb is one hot gentleman that I wish was real!! haha Loved it!
sharon beck
May 22, 2015 sharon beck rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding read!

New author for me. Will read more by her. Nice romantic story. Great character deveLopment. Lol Funny, very sexy, love the happily ever after.
L.A. Miller
Apr 22, 2013 L.A. Miller rated it it was amazing
Excellent book, to bad plumbers don't really come in the same package as Caleb Cochran. Totally hot, steamy and could not put down.
Arwen Davis
Nov 27, 2013 Arwen Davis rated it it was ok
I have no idea what romance novels are supposed to be like, but this one seemed predictable and the characters contrtite.
Kelly
Apr 19, 2013 Kelly rated it liked it
I have given this book 3 stars, I really liked the story but it felt a bit rushed, and I didn't really mesh with the characters.
Meghan
May 25, 2013 Meghan rated it really liked it
A love at first sight with a side of a fiancé kinda of book :)
Dee
Apr 19, 2013 Dee rated it liked it
Cute. Not overly anything - but a cute read.
Rachel
Apr 23, 2012 Rachel rated it it was ok
Fun romance.
Anne
Anne is currently reading it
Jan 28, 2016
Lorraine Shackelford-Giddens
Lorraine Shackelford-Giddens is currently reading it
Jan 25, 2016
Desiree
Desiree rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
  • Reaching for the Stars
  • Destined to Fail
  • Lord of the Deep (Horde Wars, #5)
  • Dark Mist Rising
  • The Dragon Stirs (Energen, #1)
  • Sacred Angels (Helena Zane, #1)
  • More Than This: A Novel
  • Love Lines (Love Lines, #1)
  • Lifting the Veil (Temptation Unveiled, #1)
  • Unscripted
  • Another Bad-Dog Book: Tales of Life, Love, and Neurotic Human Behavior
  • Waterfall (Dragon's Fate, #1)
  • True Love Way
  • The Royal Scam (The Martian Alliance, #1)
  • Wedlocked
  • Perfume of Paradise
  • Strings Attached

Small Town Girl (3 books)
  • Corporate Affair (Small Town Girl, #2)
  • Keeping the Peace (Small Town Girl, #3)