Start by marking “Listen to the Silent Night” as Want to Read:
Listen to the Silent Night

Listen to the Silent Night

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  9 reviews
It was not such a silent night when Baby Jesus was born. From the baa, baa, baa of sheep to the flut-flut-flutter of angel wings, it was actually quite noisy! Here, from CBA bestseller Dandi Daley Mackall, is the story of the first Christmas, using the sounds of that miraculous night to really bring the story to life. With rich, gorgeous paintings by Steve Johnson and Lou ...more
Published October 13th 2011 by Penguin Group

To ask other readers questions about Listen to the Silent Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Listen to the Silent Night

Heather
Amidst the busyness of the holiday season, this beautiful Christmas picture book encourages us to stop and think of Christ and the not-so-silent night on which he was born. From the flip, flap, flap of Joseph's sandals to the flut-flut-flutter of angel wings, this rhyming story is a delight to the ear with wonderful illustrations. Johnson and Fancher depict a blue-black sky with sprinklings of stars, against which we see the white of the desert sand, the glory of the angels, and the warm lights ...more
Beverly
The author makes logical deductions of the sorts of sounds that would be heard, such as owls hooting, angels singing, sandals flapping, animals making their various sounds, etc. Poetic format, with lovely, textured-looking illustrations.
Lynne
Dandi Daley Mackall has given a lovely gift to her readers with this reflection on the sounds of a "silent" night and of the birth of Christ. This is a great addition to my picture book and my Christmas book collections!
Lisa Rathbun
I enjoyed this gentle rhyming book that shows all the noises of that special night in Bethlehem. The illustrations are lovely as well.
Lauren
Beautiful retelling of the Christmas story in such a way it made me feel as if I was there. Merry Christmas everyone!
Kiersten
Beautiful illustrations and a sweet retelling of the Christmas story. My little boy loved all the animal sounds.
Angie Libert
A cute toddler story.
Edward Sullivan
A clever take on the Christmas story with lovely illustrations.
Susan Davidson
Susan Davidson marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Andi Trautman
Andi Trautman marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Maren Prestegaard
Maren Prestegaard marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Kt
Kt marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
A professional writer for over 20 years, Dandi Daley Mackall has written dozens of articles for popular magazines and published around 400 books for children and adults alike, with sales of over 4 million.
A frequent guest on radio and television talk shows, she lives in rural Ohio with her husband, three children, horses, dogs, & cats.
More about Dandi Daley Mackall...
Wild Thing (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #1) The Silence of Murder Eager Star (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #2) My Boyfriends' Dogs Bold Beauty (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #3)