Start by marking “Wedding Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery #8)” as Want to Read:
Wedding Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery #8)

Wedding Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery #8)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  755 ratings  ·  40 reviews
Published April 1st 2009 by Kensington (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Wedding Day Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wedding Day Murder

Debra
Reporter Lucy Stone’s already busy life ramps up when her best friend, Sue, asks if her daughter’s wedding can take place in Lucy’s lovely gazebo. Although it will mean more work, Lucy’s thrilled at the prospect. She’s watched young Sidra grow up and although Sidra’s lived in New York a while, everyone’s thrilled that the wedding is at home in Tinker’s Cove. When the aloof groom and his overbearing mother arrive on a yacht, feathers quickly become ruffled as the groom’s mother commandeers the we ...more
Kj
This is the only book in the series that is decent and I have read about six of them. Lucy did not do any investigating at all just like the other books but this at least had a decent story. She still complained about her marriage issues and her horrible husband. I do not get that at all. What is the Lucy Stone series about because she does not investigate ever and her only contribution is complaining? I got the books cheap and I want to give it every chance but...
Catherine
I really liked this book. Lucy Stone's friend Sue Finch asks her to help plan her daughter Sidra's wedding to Internet millionaire Ron Davitz. What could be more perfect than a backyard summer wedding in the Stones' newly built gazebo? The groom's mother Thelma elaborate ideas and constant complaints are the least of Lucy's troubles. With the nupitals looming along the arrangments are in utter chaos and so is Lucy's investigative piece on lobsters. Meanwhile,,, Ron is making enemies at every tur ...more
Luffy Monkey D.
I'm finding it difficult to pinpoint what made this book great. I guess it was nice to see progress in the timeline of the Stone family. There's something ethereal and fairy like about the story. The mystery itself took a backseat to the social and familial events and dang, I'm at a loss again. I do know that the presence of classic villains helped. The lack of annoying persons here made it easy to love this book. This series will be almost a daily ritual for me until the very end of the former ...more
Tabby Kat
Tinker's Cove, Maine, is the cozily evoked setting of Meier's lighthearted Lucy Stone novels, which are usually set around holidays or significant life events. Here a harried Lucy is trying to juggle children, husband and a full-time job when her best friend, Sue Finch, asks for help in planning the wedding of Sue's mother, Sidra, and Internet millionaire Ron Davitz. Lucy agrees to let the ceremony take place in her backyard gazebo. When the groom and his social-climbing mother arrive on a large ...more
Pat
Already juggling four kids’ hectic schedules, a rambunctious dog, an attention-craving husband, and a full-time reporter job, Lucy Stone can’t possibly squeeze in another responsibility…or can she? When Sue Finch asks for help planning her daughter Sidra’s wedding to Internet millionaire Ron Davitz, loyal pal Lucy willingly dives into the world of white lace, roses, and chair rentals. What could be more perfect than a backyard Summer wedding in the Stones’ newly built gazebo?

Yet when the groom’s
Andrea
Who knew that getting married in Tinker's cove could be a deadly plan. Lucy Stone's best friend Sue is planning her daughter Sidra's wedding and things get out of hand when the intended groom turns up dead. Will there be a "Happily Ever-After" for Sidra? You'll have to read to find out about all the twists, turns and suspects along the way. As always Lucy Stone who is now a full-time reporter for her local weekly paper is right in the middle of all the action. I am always entertained and someti ...more
Joyce Rawlins
Lucy's best friend has asked her to help with her daughter's wedding. While at the bridal shower, the groom to be is found dead. He is floating in the bay. A friend is accused of the murder. Lucy knows he is innocent & sets out to find the real murderer. It was a good book.
Linda
This series continues to be fun and entertaining. Following the lives of Lucy's family and the events in Tinker's Cove is actually more important than the mystery, but that part is okay too.
Emilia
very nice cosy mystery, did not guess the killer right away, which is always good :) definitely will read some more of the series, not necessarily in order though :)
fun, quick read.
Wendy
I enjoyed my visit to Tinker's Cove with Lucy and her family as Lucy helps her best friend Sue plan her daughter's wedding. It is always fun to see what is going on in the Stone household as the kids grow up and Lucy tries to deal with life as a small town housewife.

My favorite lines of the book --

"in moments the school bus wold arrive for the last time until next September. It was Monday, June 17 -- the last day of school. Watching the second hand jump forward, Lucy felt her freedom ticking aw
Melissa
Funny mystery series.
Barbara
It was a great trip back to Tinker Cove!
Linda
As always, another entertaining, quick moving cozy with likable characters.
Shemsi
I don't know why I keep reading books from this series. It's not very good and it's not well edited. In fact, in one of the books from the series (I think the 4th of July one) there is one daughter in the car and in the next sentence the other daughter magically appears in the car, even though they said she wasn't going to the parade (or wherever it was they were going).
Fmorlan
Lucy Stone reporter, mother and part time investigator (when murder occurs). Sue Finch's daughter is getting married to the next Bill Gates. But there is a snag in the nuptuals - a murder that needs to be cleared. As usual Lucy steps in (not on purpose) to try and solve the murder while handling her jib and family. Interesting characters enter the picture.
Barbara Beach
This book was quick and easy to read. I recommend it. Lucy's friend's daughter is marrying a rich man who brings a very large yacht into the small fishing town in Maine. When Lucy finds the groom floating in the water she is led into all kinds of adventures and danger. I didn't want to put the book down until I finished it.
Laura Beasley
A light mystery. Story takes place in tinker's cove. A wedding is to take place and the fiancé is found murdered. More details about the town than really dealing with the mystery. The fiancé is not who they all thought he was. Quick read. Enjoyable book but not a lot of substance.
Adriana
Nov 19, 2008 Adriana is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
what ive learned from the book so far is never agree to do something or just throw something out in the open if your not sure whats really gonna happen in the end.Because you never know the consequences or what your getting yourself into.
Kristin
Her kids are "old enough" to work but not old enough to wake themselves up or make their own lunches? And Bill is extra draining in this book. He sounds like he is from 1955. WHY DO I READ THESE BOOKS?
Melissa
Book #10 read in 2008

This book was not as much a mystery as some of the others in this series. However, I enjoyed the characters in the story and how they developed. I will continue reading this series.
CD
Lucy learns about the world of the Internet. Business, politics, and social climbing make for a deadly mix. Through in fraud and bad manners, well is it any wonder that someone winds up dead?
The build up was to long. The last 3-4 chapters was the actual story line. I was disapointed, there were some chapters that were enjoyable to read. It just felt like a little bit of a let down.
Deb
All I will saw is, I'm glad Lucy isn't my friend. At one point she thinks her best friend was not only capable of murder but that Sue may be the murderer.
Cindy
I love Tinker's Cove. I'm not sure but I think I might just visit! This book was woman on woman and I loved the exchanges between the characters.
Jane(Janelba)
I just love these cozy mysteries. Something to snuggle down with and feels like an old friend too.
Now on to the next one Birthday Day Murder.
Jim Sampson
This one was really top notch in this series.Lucy helps get a wedding together and yep the groom is found dead. Niceand fun read.
Linda
I just love her books and once I start reading them I will not put the book down until I have finished reading it.
Ali
I didn't figure out the murderer this time, but it didn't do much to keep my interest.
  • The PMS Murder (A Jaine Austen Mystery #5)
  • Clam Wake (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #29)
  • Killer Crullers (Donut Shop Mystery, #6)
  • Murder of a Royal Pain (A Scumble River Mystery, #11)
  • Gingerbread Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #13.5)
  • Bedeviled Eggs (Cackleberry Club, #3)
  • No Use Dying Over Spilled Milk (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #3)
  • Killer Crust (Pizza Lovers, #5)
Leslie Meier lives in Harwich, Cape Cod, Massachusetts. She is the creator of 'Lucy Stone', a reporter and amateur sleuth in New England.

More about Leslie Meier...

A Lucy Stone Mystery (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Mistletoe Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #1)
  • Tippy Toe Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #2)
  • Trick or Treat Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #3)
  • Back to School Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #4)
  • Valentine Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #5)
  • Christmas Cookie Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #6)
  • Turkey Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #7)
  • Birthday Party Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #9)
  • Father's Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #10)
  • Star Spangled Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #11)
Mistletoe Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #1) Bake Sale Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #13) Christmas Cookie Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #6) Trick or Treat Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #3) Tippy Toe Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #2)