Start by marking “Turkey Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #7)” as Want to Read:
Turkey Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #7)

Turkey Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery #7)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  826 ratings  ·  60 reviews
Published October 1st 2008 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Turkey Day Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Turkey Day Murder

Courtney Duncan
Lately, I have been compulsively reading the Lucy Stone Mysteries. I didn't really know why until just now, because, in all honesty, they aren't the most exciting books...to say the least.
All of the stories take place in a little New England town called Tinkers Cove, and the main character is Lucy Stone, a part time reporter for a weekly paper called "The Pennysaver", and a full time mom to a whole bunch of kids.
These are books that my grandmother would probably have related to far better than...more
Luffy Monkey D.
I've had second thoughts about the rating, and I may have been harsh, but in the end it doesn't matter. I will keep on reading this series till the end. The reasons for that are scattered throughout the book. The author knows when to reveal the full details of Lucy's thoughts, but she doesn't become attached to her character. She never praises Lucy and simply relays her highly moralistic meanderings. Officer Barney Culpepper makes a late entrance, but then the murder itself was late in coming....more
Kate
Great Thanksgiving theme; it really put me in the mood for Turkey Day!
MaryBeth Donnelly
Nice, easy reads combining family, cooking, holidays and mystery!
Susan
Turkey Day Murder was another enjoyable read in Meier's Lucy Stone series. I really find myself enjoying this series especially the holiday titles. Lucy was looking forward to having her son come home from college for the holidays and got a lot more than she bargained for when she ends up with extra guests for Thanksgiving, becomes involved in a community debate over a casino, and tries to solve a murder. I really like how Meier interweaves these different stories which makes for an interesting...more
Diane  Morasco
Thanksgiving in Tinker's Cove with the Stone brood makes this chica smile. Meier's series has been one of my absolute favorites for over 15 years. I picked up my first Lucy Stone @ the now defunct B. Dalton in the South Shore Mall - now Westfield South Shore Shopping Center - in Bay Shore, New York when I was 18. Suffice it to say, I haven't looked back since.

I own the series in various forms from my mint *hands off* copies to reader editions to lendingbutdon'tholdyabreathwaitingforthemtoberetur...more
Tabby Kat
This time the topic is casinos. Lucy is writing a feature story for the Pennysaver regarding this subject, and while doing research for the article, she discovers that the town is split as to whether they want a casino or not. The economy has been tough for the residents of Tinker's Cove, and Lucy knows that a casino will add jobs to a struggling economy. But she also knows that gambling can be a hard addiction for some, and she worries that her town will never be the same again if a casino is a...more
Megan
I keep asking myself why do I read these books? They just are not that good the bulk of the books consists of Lucy feeling sorry for herself, cleaning, taking care of children, and being berated by her husband. After the Valentines installment I said if the next book is as bad I wont read the rest. The Valentines installment was also offensive in some regards and that is what really made me question why I read these books. I feel some obligation I guess. Once I start a series I finish it. Anyway...more
A Well Read Woman (April)
Resident amateur sleuth Lucy Stone has a lot on her plate this Thanksgiving... Besides fixing dinner for 12, having to come up with something suitable for two vegan college kids to eat, write for the pennysaver, and deal with her chauvinistic boss, she also has a murder to solve!

Curt Nolan and his chicken murderer of a dog are hardly welcome in small town Tinker's Cove, making his murder next to impossible to solve. Everyone is suspect! Lucy puts her journalistic skills to work and gets a bit to...more
Amber
This year's quest has been to read holiday related books. So, since it's now November, it is time to break out the Thanksgiving books!

This was a pretty standard mystery. Lucy Stone is a local reporter in a small New England town. The town is having some internal struggles. The local Native Americans are lobbying to become recognized as a tribe so that they can build a huge new casino. There is very little of their history left - only one war club to mark the tribe's exisitence. Some of the town...more
Pat
Tinker’s Cove has a long history of Thanksgiving festivities, from visits with TomTom Turkey to the annual Warriors high school football game and Lucy Stone’s impressive pumpkin pie. But this year, someone has added murder to the menu, and Lucy intends to discover who left Metinnicut Indian activist Curt Nolan deader than the proverbial Thanksgiving turkey—with an ancient war club next to his head.

The list of suspects isn’t exactly a brief one. Nolan had a habit of disagreeing with just about ev...more
Lindsay
It's Thanksgiving time in Tinker's Cove, but it wouldn't be a holiday without a murder. It's a small town, if she keeps killing people off, there isn't going to be anyone left. Typical Lucy Stone mystery, filled with her sticking her nose where it doesn't belong while taking care of 4 kids and a husband who had a beard in this one and needs to shave. There were a lot of Indians involved which makes sense since its Thanksgiving. They wanted people to respect them and their culture, and there was...more
Andrea
Lucy Stone suffering from empty-nest syndrome when her oldest child Toby returns hope for Thanksgiving with friends in tow and not a moment to spend with Mom. Lucy is busy writing for the newspaper and trying to put a Thanksgiving meal together for more people than first expected, keeping order in the house and making sure her kids get along, and husband Bill is happy. Then of course there is murder, mystery and mayhem thrown into the mix. Lucy finds herself mixed up once again in the middle of...more
Barbara Farley
Good read

This is a good book, but it seemed to end a little abruptly. I really like the Lucy Stone mysteries and would recommend them to everyone. I plan to read more of them.
Lexi Vick
Not one of my favorite Lucy Stone mysteries, but I am on a quest to read them all. Decent read, but other books in the series are better.
Chris
Yes, folks, I am actually going to read another Leslie Meier book!
Why?
Because I have it and because it is a Thanksgiving story and yesterday was Thanksgiving! I hope I don't regret this!!! lol

Well, I don't regret reading it, but I will not be reading any other Lucy Stone books.

I can't believe the author actually forgot to sew up the kidnapping issue! And I want to know what happened to the little girl and will she be taken care of and clothed and well fed???? I chose to give it my own ending and...more
Linda
Not much different from the rest of this series, but I enjoyed it anyway.
Kj
Mar 12, 2013 Kj added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meier
This series is horrible! I cannot believe that someone actually paid this woman to write books!!!!

She has brought the womans movement back by decades & even then it is questionable. I was shocked when she actually threatened to kill her child over a turkey falling on the floor. Then her complaining & leaving her kids alone all the time? OMG! Horrible woman with NO brain and no investigating as she only falls into finding the killers with her stupidity! They were cheap so I bought them bu...more
Jackie
I love the Lucy Stone series. Whenever I read one, it feels like I'm visiting an old friend. In this one, Lucy is preparing for Thanksgiving at home. Toby will be coming home from college. She misses him terribly. The murder in this book has to do with an Indian tribe that wants to get federal recognition in order to build a casino in Tinker's Cove. As usual, Lucy solves the case but not before getting into a bit of trouble.
Ryan James
Jun 03, 2012 Ryan James rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: My American Studies students
Shelves: leslie-meier
I really enjoy holiday mysteries, more so since I have not lived in the US for over 10 years. However, books such as this one fall into a category all of their own. I call it Mind Candy. These are the books that you read just for the fun of it, not for intellectual stimulation. With that in mind, I relax and absorb some of the holiday traditions that I no longer participate in.
stayed up far past my bed time to finish this book, completely worth! ive been looking for a good murder mystery series and I'm glad ive found one (I will now start reading them from the beginning). the characters are believable, Lucy is adorable, there is lots of food talk and the story has you on your toes! a lovely light quick read, which is lucky because it's impossible to put down!
Wendy
Typical Lucy Stone mystery. I did not know who the killer was until they caught him, so that is a plus. I was actually going to give Bill credit for not being a neanderthal in this book, but in the end, he was. I enjoy reading these mysteries mostly because I enjoy visiting the folks of Tinker Cove and seeing how Lucy's kids are growing.

Sarah Krafcik-schaffer
I found myself struggling to get through this one. I kind of feel like these books are getting to be the same old, same old. A different mystery figured out the same old way, with Lucy Stone in the middle of it all. This one seemed to have a lot less entertaining drama. I will continue this series since I am a loyal reader.
Terri
Lucy Stone is a reporter for a small town paper. A local dispute over a local tribe seeking federal recognition and to build a casino in the sleepy town of Tinker's Cove has a lot of people upset. And when a local tribemember is murdered, Lucy investigates.

Not my favorite of the series, but an exnjoyable read
Ronica
I just finished this one today, the mystey was a neat for my taste and I honestly had no idea who the killer was until the last few pages. To be honest the killer wasn't even on my list of suspects, I have been reading this series on and off for the past year and I'm never disappointed.
Meredith
This was the first mystery I have read by Leslie Meier. I enjoyed this one quite a bit and as it is an easy read. I like these cozies. It reminds me of the Joanna Fluke series alot. Will be reading the St. Patrick's Day series for the next reading challenge I think.
Fmorlan
Tinkers cove thanksgiving - toby and friends home from college for the holidays. But a casino project adds interest and murder to Lucy's holiday. She tries to stay out of the investigation until Miss Tilley asks her to look into it. Then noone is safe from then on.
Michele
I like this series, it's a quick enjoyable read....and it's got the same main characters, and the stories all take place in a small town, but so far, it hasn't seemed like a recycled plot line...each story is new but with the same familiar characters.
Linda
I enjoyed this entry in the Lucy Stone series. Even when she tries to not get involved she does. What I don't like is that you're 100 pages into the story before there's a body.
  • Hocus Croakus (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries #19)
  • A Catered Thanksgiving (A Mystery with Recipes, #7)
  • Gingerbread Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #13.5)
  • Murder of a Barbie and Ken (A Scumble River Mystery, #5)
  • Fatally Frosted (Donut Shop Mystery #2)
  • Last Writes (A Jaine Austen Mystery, #2)
  • The Pumpkin Muffin Murder (A Fresh-Baked Mystery, #5)
  • Frill Kill (A Scrapbooking Mystery, #5)
Leslie Meier lives in Harwich, Cape Cod, Massachusetts. She is the creator of 'Lucy Stone', a reporter and amateur sleuth in New England.

More about Leslie Meier...
Mistletoe Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery #1) Bake Sale Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #13) Trick or Treat Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #3) Tippy Toe Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery #2) Christmas Cookie Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #6)