Start by marking “The Saint Who Stole My Heart (Regency Rogues, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Saint Who Stole My Heart (Regency Rogues, #4)

The Saint Who Stole My Heart (Regency Rogues #4)

3.48  ·  Rating Details  ·  273 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Desire, danger, intrigue, and steamy seduction unite a sexy spymaster and an intrepid bluestocking as Stefanie Sloane’s luscious new series continues.

Possessed of a brilliant mind and a love for puzzles, Dashiell Matthews, Viscount Carrington, is a crucial member of the elite Young Corinthians spy league. Assuming the façade of an addle-brained Adonis, he hunts for a notor
Published April 24th 2012 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about The Saint Who Stole My Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Saint Who Stole My Heart

Angelc
Apr 24, 2012 Angelc rated it really liked it
This was my first book by this author, and it definitely won't be my last. Sloane's writing style is full of witty, Regency era banter that is so much fun to read. It's an intelligent humor that you only see in certain regency romances, I'd compare her style to such authors as Eloisa James and Julia Quinn.

The romance in the book was a bit of a double-edged sword for me. On one hand, when there were scenes between the couple where they admitted how they feel, they were so very romantic and in the
Karen
May 03, 2012 Karen rated it did not like it
Kat Latham
When Dash Carrington was a boy, his friend Sophia's mother was brutally murdered. Dash, Sophia, and their two friends Nicholas and Langdon were the ones to discover Lady Afton's body.

The boys grow up and become part of a secret spy society, the Corinthians, which their fathers were part of. Dash is quick witted and brilliant with puzzles, but he pretends to be dumb in public so he can fly under the radar of the baddies they pursue. He gets away with this because he looks like Adonis, so no one
My Book Addiction and More MBA
THE SAINT WHO STOLE MY HEART by Stefanie Sloane is an exciting Regency historical romance. Book #4 in the "Regency Rogues" series,but can be read as a stand alone. See,"The Devil in Disguise", "The Angel in My Arms",and "The Sinner Who Seduced Me". What an exciting series with sexy,strong,heroes and independent,witty heroines, you can not go wrong with "The Saint Who Stole My Heart". Filled with intrigue,danger,desire,passion,puzzles,a killer,spymasters,humor,mystery,suspense,and did I mention s ...more
Dottie
May 03, 2012 Dottie rated it really liked it
Actually, I rated this one at 4.5. This review is taken from my review at RomanceJunkies.com.

Growing up, Dashiell ‘Dash’ Matthews, Viscount Carrington, was friends with brothers Nicholas and Langdon as well as Sophie. He lost his mother when he was quite young, so he does not remember her. However, Sophie’s mother, Lady Afton, feels like his own mother as she showers the four children with love. So when they arrive at Sophie’s home one afternoon after spending the day together, they find Sophie’
Marlene
Apr 26, 2012 Marlene rated it liked it
Originally published at http://www.readingreality.net/2012/04...

The Saint Who Stole My Heart by Stefanie Sloane is book 4 in her Regency Rogues series. It's also very clearly the "setting up" story for the next two books, at least, in this series. There are definitely unresolved suspense elements hanging over the end of the story.

The prologue starts out with a bang. Let's say it cuts to the chase. Childhood friends Dash Matthews, Nicholas and Langdon Bourne, and Sophia Southwell make the journey
Quinn's Book Nook
Mar 08, 2016 Quinn's Book Nook rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult-romance
I have this absolute love of The Scarlet Pimpernel, particularly the 1982 movie starring Anthony Andrews, Ian McKellan and Jane Seymour. Because of this obsession, I can never resist books that are based or inspired by The Scarlet Pimpernel, which is why I picked up this book. Unfortunately the Scarlet-Pimpernel inspired books I’ve read rarely live up to my expectations. The Saint Who Stole My Heart by Stefanie Sloane just couldn’t live up to my expectations, and really left me quite disappointe ...more
Kati
**original review by Jamie posted at Romancing Rakes For The Love of Romance**

As just a child, Dash discovered Lady Ashton’s body, a woman he considered tobe like a mother to him. Now years later Dash Matthews, Viscount Carrington, iseasily considered by ton to be the most beautiful man but he is a bit lacking in thebrains department. Well, that’s what he wants everyone to think but in reality heis member of the Young Corinthians, a secret spy society and extremely smart.He hides his intelligenc
Alexia Chantel
Apr 11, 2012 Alexia Chantel rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

With the opening scene being a murder scene you might expect The Saint Who Stole My Heart to be a mystery, thriller, who-done-it type of book. And there is some of that, but mostly you get a great love story between a book loving woman and a danger courting man. Could two people seemingly so different have anything in common or any attraction?

No question there is attraction between Dash and Elena. He is one of those impossibly perfect men, the face of a god. Thankfully he has more to hi
The Window Seat
Reading through the Regency Rogues series this month has been a roller coaster for me and not the most pleasant ride if I’m honest. I will give the author credit in that each story has a very good idea behind it, starting off with great potential for drama, intrigue, and a satisfying conclusion. But of the four books currently released in the series, only one really paid off from this great beginning to a great ending. Unfortunately The Saint Who Stole My Heart wasn’t that book.

I wanted to like
Melanie
May 07, 2012 Melanie rated it really liked it
Reviewed for www.bookworm2bookworm.wordpress.com

The story opens up in 1768 with our hero Dash Matthews, his friends Nicholas and Langdon Bourne, and Sophia Southwell playing on the grounds of Afton Manor, Earl of Afton’s and Sophia’s fathers country estate. All are good friends, but now that they are growing up, the boys are having a bit of trouble explaining to Sophia that she’s not ‘fitting’ in with their boy’s games, and to get that across, they’re pulling her hair, making fun of her and she’
Danielle
Apr 17, 2012 Danielle rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, reviewed
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

I adored this book from beginning to end. I can't believe I've waited until Stefanie's fourth book to pick her up. Believe me, I will definitely be reading the rest of Stefanie's books and quite soon. I loved her characters and the world she has created. I admit that I have a fondness for spy story-lines and Stefanie executed to perfection.

Dashiell Matthews, Viscount Carrington is an important member of the Young Corinthians, a spy league that
Sarah Simas
Apr 24, 2012 Sarah Simas rated it it was amazing
For Dashiell Matthews, Viscout Carrington, deception is a way of life.The role Dash plays in the clandestine spy agency known as The Young Corinthians easily fools society, but not Miss Elena Barnes. The intelligent beauty's uncanny ability to see through his ruse of diminished intelligence jeopardizes not only his cat and mouse game with an elusive killer called The Bishop, but threatens to steal his heart, as well.

A life outside the sparking realm of London's ton suits Elena Barnes just fine u
Phoenix77
Aug 18, 2016 Phoenix77 rated it it was ok
Enjoyable while I was reading but utterly forgettable when I was done. The Hero and heroine were very dry so the book was stolen completely by a secondary character. Felt like the author was using terms like "Bluestocking" & "Spy" and making the reader fill in the blanks about what those terms meant. Maybe that was her plan since part of the theme was not letting stereotypes make our judgments for us.

Full Review below:

Reading through the Regency Rogues series this month has been a roller coa
Ellyce
Like the rest of Stefanie Sloane's Corinthian series, this book had a strong premise and started off well enough. It was about 40% in that everything fell apart. With Sloane, it's more like we're being told to feel that the characters are in love with each other rather than really feeling it ourselves.

I especially dislike how at the end of each book in the series, (view spoiler)
Lisa Jo

Fabulous characters and a sweet, charming romance make Stefanie Sloane's THE SAINT WHO STOLE MY HEART a great historical read. Add a touch of mystery and suspense and you have a strong addition to the Regency Rogues series.

Elena Barnes cannot resist the lure of an ancient book collection...even if she has to travel to the home of Dashiell Matthews, Viscount Carrington to retrieve it. Elena's first impression of Dash is laughable, at best. The poor man appears to be a half-witted Viscount, but he
Aislynn
We begin our adventure with Dash, Langdon and Nicholas teasing Sophia as young children. They are swept up in a game of who can sneak into the house the fastest without alerting the butler to their presence. Everything changes when they find Sophia’s mother dead at the bottom of the stairs. As adults this group is still close knit, but all having their own adventures and lives. Sophia asks Dash and Nicholas to find out what really happened to her mother and bring whoever did it to justice.

Bookis
Romancing the Book
Mar 21, 2013 Romancing the Book rated it it was ok
Reviewed by: Sarah L
Book provided by: Netgalley
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

Review: The Saint Who Stole My Heart is book 4 in Stefanie Sloane’s Regency Rogues series. I was a bit hesitant to pick this up since I prefer to read a series in order and I have not read the first 3 books. No worries though. This book does very well as a standalone.

The main character Dash is an interesting gentleman. Even though he has a face and body that would make a woman swoon, he portrays himself
Jessica
This was another one I bought in a mad dash of new authors. I did not realize when I purchased that it was #4 in a series, or I would have stopped and bought number 1 instead. It doesn't really matter as I will not read anymore. The plot jerked along, alternating between 100mph and a crawl. I didn't believe the relationship between the two main characters, which is a death knell for me with squishy books. I can suspend reality, history and common sense if I buy the relationship - that was someth ...more
Gail
Jun 12, 2015 Gail rated it really liked it
Nice story. The heroine is a too-smart-for-her-own-good bluestocking who comes to London to pack up a library willed to her baron father. The hero is the son of the book-owner, and a viscount. But he's involved in government work and/ or investigating the murder of a childhood friend's mother-- I'm sure about the murder investigation, but not so much the government work-- anyway, one or both of those are why he pretends to be dimwitted for the heroine. Of course they are attracted to each other, ...more
Barbara
May 13, 2012 Barbara rated it liked it
I liked the characters, the story was good, but I just didn't find the love story as compelling as the previous books in the series. This is a continuation of the series, but with a different set of related characters. Dash was an OK hero, intelligent and charming while Elena was also quite smart and rather fearless. Together they were intriguingly brilliant but it didn't make their love story any more interesting.

I did like the premise of the start of these new three related stories, with the
Lynne Tull
Jun 05, 2012 Lynne Tull rated it really liked it
Shelves: regency-romance
I like Stephanie Sloan stories. This book is a part of a series...I am addicted to series. The only problem with them is that I forget the story by the time the next installment is published. Yea! for Goodreads. I can refresh my memory by reading the reviews of the preceding books. It is better than the author bringing me up to date during the story. This is Dash's story...and Elena's. We still have not caught the villain, the Bishop. There is a hint in this installment of the existence of a Kin ...more
Michelle
Apr 15, 2012 Michelle rated it liked it
This was my first Stefanie Sloane book and my first Regency Rogues even though this was book number four in the series. Overall, I really did enjoy the book. I thought there was a great premise; a country bluestocking comes to London to pack up a famed book collection. A London dandy with more looks than brains captures her heart. But is he who he really says he is? Dash and Elena were great characters with wonderful development in their romance throughout the story. Unfortunately I’m leaning mo ...more
Amy
Aug 17, 2014 Amy rated it it was ok
Couldn't get into it. Did not feel any attraction between the H/h. Had to flip back a few chapters to make sure they actually had sex in the coach.
Melissa McHugh
May 03, 2012 Melissa McHugh rated it really liked it
I found a new author :) Engaging leads, a mystery that wraps up nicely with more for the next book. Who can ask for more? I can. The book got off to a smashingly slow start and the prose was somewhat stilted in the first chapter but smoothed itself out afterwards, hence the four stars. Also, the romance was a little choppy towards the end, between the consummation and the declaration of love, as if the author had deleted the morning after scene. Other than that, quite lovely.
WinieP
Apr 19, 2012 WinieP rated it really liked it
This book continues in the vein of the earlier trilogy of the Young Corinthians spy unit, but a very enjoyable read on its own. The hero and heroine are both my favorite types, very intelligent. There was a mystery to solve and a villain to catch. Characters are introduced in this book that are sure to be the h/h in the following books in the series, and I'm eagerly waiting for them.
Whitney
Jan 22, 2015 Whitney rated it liked it
Shelves: own, fiction, read-in-2015
While I liked the female lead more in this book then the others, the story in this book didn't feel full. It felt like there should have been more to it. I also found it hard to believe at the end when Dash was just like I am over it, the justice we got is good enough for me. But I overall enjoyed this and am still enjoying this series. The stories are always fun romantic romps.
Sharon
Apr 21, 2012 Sharon rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads. Guess I expected more of a mystery in the story. It sounds like the next book in the series might be more of what I expected and answer some of the questions about a murder that this book left unanswered.
May 08, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
At first I thought this would be a story of Dash and Sophie, but it's Dash (oh how dashing, right???) and the bookish, bluestocking Elena. She's smart, great at solving puzzles, and beneath her plain exterior, she's a gorgeous babe. Sigh.
Sue Grimshaw
Apr 24, 2012 Sue Grimshaw marked it as to-read
Don't miss our Live Chat with Stefanie on 4/25 from 6-7:00 Eastern Standard Time - bring questions just in case I don't think of any

Are you a Regency Rogue fan? Get hooked now :)
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 09, 2015 08:13AM
  • The Price of Temptation
  • Too Tempting to Resist (Lords of Midnight, #2)
  • Secrets of an Accidental Duchess (Donovan Sisters, #2)
  • A Season for Sin (The Sinful Scoundrels #0.5)
  • Loving Lady Marcia (House of Brady, #1)
  • Temptation  & Twilight (The Brethren Guardians, #3)
  • A Secret in Her Kiss
  • The Pleasure of Your Kiss (Burke Brothers, #1)
  • Much Ado About Rogues (Blackthorn Brothers, #3)
  • The Tattooed Duke (The Writing Girls, #3)
  • A Lady's Revenge (Nexus, #1)
  • When You Give a Duke a Diamond (Jewels of the Ton, #1)
  • The Runaway Countess (Nottinghamshire, #1)
  • How to Dance with a Duke (Ugly Ducklings, #1)
  • My Lady Rival (Belgrave Square Affair, #1)
  • Forever and a Day (The Rumor, #1)
  • Touch of a Lady (Touch of Seduction #0.5)

Regency Rogues (6 books)
  • The Devil in Disguise (Regency Rogues, #1)
  • The Angel in My Arms (Regency Rogues, #2)
  • The Sinner Who Seduced Me (Regency Rogues, #3)
  • The Scoundrel Takes a Bride (Regency Rogues, #5)
  • The Wicked Widow Meets Her Match (Regency Rogues, #6)

“Two days in the capitol city and Elena had been reduced to wandering the halls at night, thinking on a man, of all things. A man most assuredly her intellectual inferior. And yet, a man whose heart mysteriously spoke to hers.

This was madness.”
4 likes
“Dash knew it was selfish of him. But he wanted badly to kiss Miss Elena Barnes at that very moment. Not because he needed her gone. But because he wanted her to stay.” 3 likes