Options and Options Trading: A Simplified Course That Takes You from Coin Tosses to Black-Scholes

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Explains what options are, introduces basic valuation and trading concepts, and demystifies this versatile trading vehicle. This book shows: how to use options to increase profits or offset risks, and hazards to watch out for; the 8 most popular options strategies; key options definitions, formulas, abbreviations, techniques; and more.
Published April 15th 2004 by McGraw-Hill Companies (first published March 31st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Options and Options Trading, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Options and Options Trading

Ray
Over the course of four undergraduate and graduate degrees I took a total of one math and zero business and finance courses. I watch the money channels on cable, and I pick up a few things, but most of it might as well be in Mongolian to me. I was the perfect candidate for Robert Ward's excellent new book, whihc might be subtotled "Options for Dummies."

His Options and Options Trading is a practical, no-nonsense primer for the complex and mysterious world of options. For the uninitiated like me,...more
Philski
Neat because they develop the whole concept of options pricing starting with coin flips and introducing very basic statistics. If you don't have much of a math background and are just starting out, this is the book for you.
Franco
Franco marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Hamid
Hamid marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Tinashe Victor
Tinashe Victor marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
Jathan
Jathan marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2013
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2013
Gregory
Gregory marked it as to-read
May 16, 2013
Oztekin Korkmaz
Oztekin Korkmaz marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2013
Kyle
Kyle is currently reading it
Mar 13, 2013
William Hua
William Hua marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2012
Yogeshwar Vashishtha
Yogeshwar Vashishtha marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2011
Hari Haran
Hari Haran marked it as to-read
May 29, 2011
Ari
Ari marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2010