Start by marking “Dodge & Twist: A Sequel To Oliver Twist” as Want to Read:
Dodge & Twist: A Sequel To Oliver Twist

Dodge & Twist: A Sequel To Oliver Twist

"OCEANS ELEVEN meets Guy Ritchie's SHERLOCK HOLMES..."
The first Kindle novel by #1 New York Times Best-selling Author Tony Lee!

Twelve years on from the events of OLIVER TWIST, a once-more penniless Oliver is back on the streets of London... When a meeting with the now grown-up Artful Dodger leads Oliver into a scheme to regain his money, he begins to wonder just how accide
Published (first published September 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Dodge & Twist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dodge & Twist

Kathy
Apr 03, 2015 Kathy rated it liked it
Regie
Jun 18, 2012 Regie rated it it was amazing
I should declare an interest here. I know Tony Lee, and consider him to be a top bloke. However, this does not mean that I'd give a good review toa bad book. If I hadn't liked Dodge and Twist, I simply wouldn't have posted a review. The fact that I'm here, therefore should tell you something.

I'm not really a fan of Dickens, but I have read Oliver Twist, and spent most of the book wanting to kick Twist's arse. Lee has been faithful to that character, as he has to the character of Dodger, but he's
Andrew Lawston
Jun 23, 2012 Andrew Lawston rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed Dodge & Twist. Tony Lee was brave to include lengthy snippets of Dickens' prose alongside his more straightforward style, but Oliver Brownlow and Jack Dawkins are a great extrapolation from their child incarnations in the original Oliver Twist, older, wiser, but still recognisable.

The various kinks in the plot from the moment of the diamond heist were great, with Lee skilfully misdirecting the reader.

In general, sequels to classic novels are a terrible idea. But Lee has gone a
Phil
May 03, 2012 Phil rated it it was amazing
Absolute blinder of a story. I've never read Oliver Twist, but I have seen countless versions on TV. The story rattles along at a fantastic pace and is populated with interesting and three dimensional people. There are more twists and turns to the plot that there are dark alleys in Victorian London, and you have to wait until the very end to get the pay off.

Reading this has prompted me to get Oliver Twist.
Brian Deegan
Jun 08, 2012 Brian Deegan rated it really liked it
Not my normal read but enjoyed it.. It painted a grim image of London and seemed well researched location wise, this added to the story line and there was enough twists and turns to keep me interested.
Matthew
Matthew rated it did not like it
Dec 04, 2016
Mrs. Kenyon
Mrs. Kenyon rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Carl Morries
Carl Morries rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2012
miss j warner
miss j warner rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Keith
Keith rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2012
Brenda
Brenda rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2014
Robert Sandy
Robert Sandy rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2015
Gerald
Gerald rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2017
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2015
Paul Morrison
Paul Morrison rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2012
Robert
Robert rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2017
Missy
Missy rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2014
Neal
Neal rated it it was ok
Sep 21, 2016
Stevie Bennett
Stevie Bennett rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2014
Alexis
Alexis rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2011
D.A. Lascelles
D.A. Lascelles rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2015
David Hunt
David Hunt rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2012
Meggy Nguyen
Meggy Nguyen rated it really liked it
May 19, 2013
Antony  Bennett
Antony Bennett rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Jeremy Edwards
Jeremy Edwards rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2012
KA N Newton
KA N Newton rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2013
Erich
Erich rated it did not like it
Aug 24, 2014
Drea
Drea rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2012
Marjorie
Marjorie rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2014
Su
Su rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2016
A New York Times Best-selling Graphic Novelist, Tony Lee was born in West London, UK in 1970. Informed by a teacher that he had a comic book style of writing, (a comment meant more as an insult), Tony decided that one day he would write for comics.

Tony has written for a variety of mediums including Radio 4, The BBC, commerical television in both the UK and US, magazines and both local and national
More about Tony Lee...