Start by marking “Think and Grow Rich: With Think and Grow Rich Study Guide” as Want to Read:
Think and Grow Rich: With Think and Grow Rich Study Guide

Think and Grow Rich: With Think and Grow Rich Study Guide

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  62,292 ratings  ·  1,722 reviews
This deluxe edition of the classic work, Think and Grow Rich, includes a 21st century study guide filled with practices and exercises that will flood your conscious and subconscious mind, heart, and soul, with positive energy and life-enhancing ideas. Be all you are capable of as you start a journey of self discovery on your way to accumulating all of the riches that you d...more
Published August 10th 2011 by Gildan Media Corporation (first published January 1st 1938)

To ask other readers questions about Think and Grow Rich, please sign up.

Kathleen I don't these principles are "dated" and I'm not sure what you're referring to by "telepathy."
It's a book about getting out of your own way, and…more
It's a book about getting out of your own way, and letting your brain--the most powerful supercomputer on the planet--come up with solutions. Einstein himself said that Imagination was more important than intelligence; probably because he "received" many of his solutions while daydreaming as well as experimentation.
You can call it whatever you want, but I think dismissing it as "telepathy" doesn't do justice.(less)

Arminius
I was looking through some of the reviews and see that some people gave it five stars and some gave it only one. I think if the people who gave it one star would practice the principles given in this book they would quickly upgrade their rating.

This book was published in 1937, during the Great Depression, and if the people who suffered during that time had read this book their lives might have been better.

It is really about convincing yourself to become wealthy. It outlines the steps you need to...more
Daniel
Want to get rich?

Don't waste your hard earned money on "Get Rich Quick" books.
David Acevedo
Let's be honest to ourselves and face the truth: success in business depends on a complex equation with a lot of variants, such as 1) how well your business idea adapts to the powers of supply and demand, which govern (and oppress) contemporary society, 2) where you come from economically to begin with (I've seen aromatherapy businesses run by middle-class sons of bitches grow and be more "successful" than neighborhood food establishments run by poor honest people), 3) how much investing capital...more
Jeffrey
Jan 27, 2008 Jeffrey rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jeffrey by: Ted Maruishi
Ted, my old boss at KWE (Kintetsu World Express) first recommended this book to me and told me that it very much changed his way of thinking. He said it might do the same to my own thinking.

I was skeptical and after forgetting that age old phrase of "never judge a book by its cover" (and not reading it for two months even after I bought it...I bought it only to appease Ted because I knew he was going to ask me if I had bought it...which he did)I finally sat down to read it and couldn't put it d...more
Otis Chandler
Jul 25, 2012 Otis Chandler rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Otis by: Gerald Chamales
This is the best self help book any entrepreneur could ever read. Perhaps the only one they need to. Truly transformative. I have it on audio too and listen to it at the gym often.

Napoleon Hill was tasked by Andrew Carnegie to write a book on what made a successful person succeed, and he spent 20 years researching and interviewing every great name of the day (Ford, Woolworth, Edison, etc), plus lots of people who failed (because you have to know what doesn't work too). This book is the result.

I...more
Ryan
When my dad introduced me to this book he made it sound like every second I wasn't reading it was wasted. I was skeptical. After all, the book was written in 1960, and I hadn't ever heard of it. But I gave it a try, just so my dad would drop it.
What I discovered is that rich people are rich because they're eccentric. Well, maybe not eccentric, but definitely obsessed with the idea of making money. I guess the one good thing this book did for me was help me realize what it would take for me to be...more
About his deaf son on page 37: "We would not permit him to learn sign language. We were determined that he should live a normal life and associate with normal children, and we stood by that decision, although it cost us many heated debates with school officials."

That stupid statement immediately made me dislike Napoleon Hill. As someone who is hard-of-hearing and can function well in "normal society", yet, knows sign language, I take offense to this. I take offense that he thinks knowing sign la...more
jzhunagev
Oct 30, 2008 jzhunagev rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all people who wants to be inspired.
Recommended to jzhunagev by: No one. It just flashed in my mind.
I bought this book just as the year 2008 is starting. What's odd about this is that I don't even have any inkling of what kind of a book this is when I bought it in downtown Recto (I eventually found that it belong to the self-help genre). The book's title, "Think and Grow Rich" by napoleon Hill just flashed in my mind and, finding no prospective book to read at that time, I plunged on. As of this writing, I had finished the second round of reading it with future plans of doing it the third, fou...more
Mirek Kukla
Overview: 60% brilliant, 30% obvious, 10% batshit crazy - and 100% worth reading

Napoleon Hill's "Think and Grow Rich" is about more than getting rich: it's about getting what you want. And while his no-bullshit insights come with a liberal dose of craziness and – well – bullshit, his overarching philosophy is spot-on. Hill's recipe boils down to this: to get what you want you must 1) desire, 2) believe, 3) act, and 4) persist.

First, the battiness
Hill's advice is always useful, even if not always...more
Jessi
I originally read this book as part of a business mentorship program. I admit, I had some mental blockage when I started reading it, and only because I had personal fears and doubts about finances that I have since addressed by self-educating (see other recommended financial books on my list) and seeking assistance from qualified professionals with a good frame of reference for what I needed advice on (I love my financial advisor, Jason!). My picture of growing "rich" in the beginning was, like,...more
David Feinstein
I have read hundreds of books over the past many years in my quest for success. "Think and Grow Rich" truly stands right near the top. It has made a positive impact on my life in many ways.

Frankly, as with many wonderful books, I have applied the principles in this book and have reaped incredible results.
Angela
Hill suposedly wrote this book because he wants to help people recognize and overcome their fear of poverty. He basically claims that you receive exactly what you fear. He says the symptoms of the Fear of Poverty (the characteristics of a poor person) are: Indifference, indecision, doubt, worry, over-caution, and procrastination.

But the book doesn’t do a good job of helping people overcome their “fear of poverty.”

Hill keeps hammering at how the most important pursuit and goal in life is seeking...more
Gabriela
The mind cannot differentiate between truth and falsehood, we simply need to instruct or manipulate it toward a certain mode!

'Think and Grow Rich' by Napoleon Hill, takes an in depth look at the power of the mind and personal belief and how these influence our success. Hill uses examples of past success such as Andrew Carnegie, Henry Ford and Thomas Edison to show how factors such as desire, the subconscious mind, faith and goals can interweave to create favorable condition for success.

The title...more
Latifah
One of the best books I've ever read. It kept me thinking the whole time about the ideas that I've encountered in this book. It talks about the new philosophy of enlightenment with practical applications of it.
The book talks mainly about accumulating riches, but it could be replaced by any other gaol that one desires.
This book will probably affect your life greatly if you're not already familiar with the new age of enlightenment.
If I have to criticize it, it'll be about one thing only: that t...more
Robin
I’d wanted to read a classic self-help book, and several modern motivational speakers have credited Napoleon Hill. This book was written in the US in 1937, during recovery from the Great Depression. Hill asserts that the Great Depression was worsened by mass fear, and this concept seems just as valid in today’s economy. Much of what is offered in “The Secret,” including that now-trademarked name (a term that Hill coined but failed to copyright), is a direct rip-off from Hill.

Hill was challenged...more
Chad Warner
In this oft-referenced self-help classic, Napoleon Hill promises to share the secret of the wealthiest people of his time (this book was published in 1937). At Andrew Carnegie's bidding, he spent 20 years interviewing and studying over 500 people, including Henry Ford, John Rockefeller, Thomas Edison, Marshall Field, Charles Schwab, and Alexander Graham Bell.

Did I discover the "secret" that will launch me to world-renowned success? Unfortunately, not that I'm aware. Do I have a better understand...more
Laurentiu Bancu
- DESIRE: THE STARTING POINT OF ALL ACHIEVEMENT
- nu te lasa descurajat de insuccese. Dimpotriva acestea trebuie sa te motiveze
- Wishing will not bring riches. But desiring riches with a state of mind that becomes an obsession, then planning definite ways and means to acquire riches, and backing those plans with persistence which does not recognize failure, will bring riches.
- To all these I wish to convey the thought that all achievement, no matter what may be its nature, or its purpose, must be...more
♥ Ibrahim ♥
The book teaches me to think, not meager and grow meagre as a result but instead to think rich and grow rich, and all this begins with "an idea", hence the whole secret of the entire book. Chapter 1 begins with the key statement: "Truly, thoughts are things", a burning desire to translate thoughts into riches. It is because Edwin C. Barnes wanted to work "with" Edison, and not "for" him, that he got what he wanted. Barnes stood by that desire until he realized it. I am also here taught a valuabl...more
Jared
This book has many advantages over other self help books. 1. It does not teach that just thinking about something will make it happen. It teaches that you have to DO something to make it happen. 2. It teaches how to go about figuring out what you want and pursuing your dreams. 3. This book is relatively old yet still sells so it has passed some test of time.

The Good:
Teaches how to go about making life goals and plans. Shows how to believe in yourself and make things happen. Shows the importance...more
Naveed
Oct 24, 2010 Naveed rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Naveed by: ckibuka
Summary: What the mind can conceive, AND believe, it WILL achieve.

Every word in that summary is important. This book ultimately regards how you think and how your thoughts will get you to wherever you choose. Dating back to the post Depression era, Napoleon Hill does a great job in a theory-based piece on the psychology of thought and how it prevents or supports our dreams.

Every thing, action, circumstance, failure, or success is spawned by one -- thought. It is your thoughts and the way you dev...more
§--
Dec 30, 2009 §-- rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mammonists and morons
Recommended to §-- by: someone better than this
Shelves: least-favorites
If you liked this book, I have some very fine cloth to sell you. It has special properties which make it invisible to the eyes of fools and simpletons. You might want to make a nice sweater out of it. It is very, very expensive, though -- a cloth fit for an emperor...

I only read this book because a very good friend of mine told me that he would read Mere Christianity if I would read this. I decided that for such a noble cause I would suffer through 231 pages of crazy talk.

SPOILER ALERT: ALL THIS...more
Greg Powers
Do I have to give this a star? This is a self help book that has some good ideas, most of which people already know they should be doing to be successful. He takes on such controversial issues as "never giving up," "planning ahead," and the ever progressive and edgy idea "talk with smart people to get good ideas." The only real problem with the book is he studied hundreds of successful people and that is his research. All of the people had their own individual ways of becoming successful, and ye...more
Meg
This was the Jolly Girls Book Club latest read! I don't usually read "self help" books and was a bit nervous especially once I realized I had gotten my hands on the unabridged version of this book. But WOW! What a life changing book! I feel like if you read this book with an open mind you can take so many important lessons away from it. The priority in my life right now is not getting rich, I can barely make it through the day with all 4 children in tact. But what I love about this book, is how...more
Patricia
When you think of the self-help gurus of today, they can all pretty much credit Napoleon Hill as the original inspirational, motivational speaker of the 20th century. Nappy, as I lovingly refer to him, was ahead of his time with his Think and Grow Rich book. Of course, I didn't read it back than but I had to keep reminding myself the era of the book is from the 1920's. So I had to forgive him when he referenced a "colored girl" since that was accepted terminology back than.

What I like about Napp...more
Marlon
All I can say is.........

Think And grow Rich is one of the most prestigious and treasured book in the field of motivational literature. This book can help you reach your highest potential and bring you great personal happiness. Napoleon Hill gives you a blue print for self-mastery helping you accomplish whatever goal you have set up for yourself.
Napoleon Hill mentions that every page within the book contains a magical secret that, once discovered, will unlock the key to making money and becomin...more
Eric
Dec 03, 2011 Eric rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: social worker, unmotivated individuals, business majors, business individuals, people in poverty
Recommended to Eric by: Goodreads Giveaways
This was a book I won from the giveaways section of Goodreads. Originally I thought from the title that this book would give me tips to trying to make lots of money, but instead of that I got a book that was about motivation. This book uses a previously published book by the same name "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill and turns it into a 60 page comic book. It is excellent written and drawn (by Joe Flood). The book goes over several concepts about changing our own individual mind and how th...more
mpsiple
Hill accidentally hits on a very biblical theme here - "you become like what you worship" - and then works off the assumption that everyone can and should become very rich.

At times, I was tracking with him, but he totally lost me with his chapters on "sex transmutation" (using sexual energy to make money) and the "invisible counselors" (using imaginary meetings with successful people, such as Abraham Lincoln or Thomas Edison, to gain insight into making money).

Somewhat surprisingly, the book act...more
Yvonne
A Classic. Not sure I like a life concentrated to growing rich, but Mr. Hill's philosophy works for lots of goals. Read it many years ago; maybe I'll read it again.
Gary
This is in my top ten. Sometimes you just have to change the way you are thinking to allow growth. This book helped me do that!
Paul Eckert
I was pleasantly surprised with this book. The way it started out, with the dozens of testimonials and quotes from famous people, I was expecting a lot of fluff. However, by the end, I was convinced that this is one of the best books ever written on the subject of success.

Of course, one needs to define one's own idea of success, as this book defines it as making lots of money. But whatever it is that you want to do, Think and Grow Rich will show you what you need to achieve it.

Hill outlines 13...more
Goodreads Librari...: Need to fix "originally published" date 3 15 Jul 01, 2014 10:10AM
Goodreads Librari...: New edition of book 6 28 Jun 20, 2014 09:17AM
How? 2 19 May 31, 2014 02:52PM
tanzania youth re...: dream to win essential to success 1 4 May 23, 2014 02:46AM
Property Management Companies Robot landlord com 1 13 Feb 23, 2014 05:55AM
Michael Shearin Elm Street Group at Morgan Stanley 1 8 Feb 01, 2014 09:27PM
Abney, Ramsay &am...: Abney, Ramsay & Associates, Inc ARAA Group Inc System Enhancement 1 3 Jan 01, 2014 05:17PM
  • The Science of Getting Rich
  • The Richest Man in Babylon
  • See You at the Top
  • The Magic of Thinking Big
  • As a Man Thinketh
  • How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling
  • The Magic of Believing
  • Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom
  • The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It
  • Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life
  • Unlimited Power: The New Science Of Personal Achievement
  • The Millionaire Mind
  • The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth
  • Acres of Diamonds
  • The Greatest Salesman In The World
  • The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership
  • Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • Little Red Book of Selling: 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness: How to Make Sales Forever
Napoleon Hill was an American author in the area of the new thought movement who was one of the earliest producers of the modern genre of personal-success literature. He is widely considered to be one of the great writers on success. His most famous work, Think and Grow Rich (1937), is one of the best-selling books of all time (at the time of Hill's death in 1970, Think and Grow Rich had sold 20 m...more
More about Napoleon Hill...
Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude Law of Success: The 21st-Century Edition Master-Key to Riches Outwitting the Devil: The Secret to Freedom and Success Napoleon Hill's Keys to Success: The 17 Principles of Personal Achievement

“The starting point of all achievement is DESIRE. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desire brings weak results, just as a small fire makes a small amount of heat.” 1903 likes
“You are the master of your destiny. You can influence, direct and control your own environment. You can make your life what you want it to be.” 337 likes