Start by marking “Dead Again (The Zombie Diaries #1)” as Want to Read:
Dead Again (The Zombie Diaries #1)

Read eBook

Dead Again (The Zombie Diaries #1)

The Black Hawk chopper banked a hard turn, rotors thumping, providing a bird’s eye view of the burning landscape. Commander Peterson couldn’t help wondering what people around the world thought of this apocalypse. Maybe they accepted it as a biological infection. Maybe some believed a curse had descended upon the world, that this was the end of days. Maybe some already rea ...more
Published (first published August 27th 2011)

Charles Whetstine
Mar 31, 2013 Charles Whetstine rated it did not like it
Pure Garbage. How do you mess up writing a Zombie tail? As a military man I find this book inaccurate, ignorant and out right racist. "Sgt. Jackson was big, loud and proud to be black." Seriously? Privates in a super spec op team? C'mon man. It's like this book was written by an white, middle-aged wannabe military stay home dad who just happens to like Zombies. I am glad I never finished this book.
The Haunted Reading Room 2017 - Year of Lovecraft
Feb 23, 2012 The Haunted Reading Room 2017 - Year of Lovecraft rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Janene Imgrund
Recommended to The Haunted Reading Room by: George Magnum
Shelves: march-2012-reads

Author George Magnum approaches the Zombie infestation not from the point of view of the dead, nor of the victimized, but rather through the eyes of Commander Peterson, heading an elite military force scrambled to the cause in the interests of national security (while there is still a nation-or any society-remaining to protect, which begins quickly to seem very doubtful). Peterson is rather an unusual character for his role, in that he is much more three (or four) dimensional than we usually exp
Jesse
Mar 30, 2014 Jesse rated it really liked it
This is a story about a general in the Military named Peterson. He is trying to find out the causes of the zombie apocalypse. He and his crew go looking for answers in videos, and diseases in recent dead animals. After their research, they think it is curse by God. Trying to figure out which source is the right one is the challenge. But only destiny will tell. Read book #1 of this wonderful series.

The book was entertaning. I liked some parts, and some I didn't. A section that I like was when
J.R.
Mar 20, 2012 J.R. rated it it was ok
While this is an interesting read it suffers from several issues. First and foremost, grammatical accuracy followed by poor editing and ending with lack of research. The proper use of grammar in any written work is essential as it allows the reader to better understand what the author is attempting to pass on to them. That being said, I’ll move to the other issues within this work.

As the storyline develops, the readers are introduced to Commander Peterson, who is some kind of Special Operations
Erin
Mar 22, 2012 Erin rated it liked it
This book earned itself a 2.5 from me, but I rounded it up to be nice. Maybe because this review is going to be less than complementary...

Dead Again follows Commander Peterson as he and his team take on the mission to find and rescue the one doctor that may be able to stop the zombie-producing 'virus' that is taking over the world. Yes, the world is coming to an end, and EIGHT highly-trained individuals are sent in a helicopter to rescue the lone doctor who can somehow conquer zombiism. So, can
Geoff
May 06, 2013 Geoff rated it really liked it
This story centers around a heavily armed, well trained, special forces group at the outbreak of a zombie apocalypse. They are assigned a mission to find and secure a scientist who may be the key to stopping the spread of the contagion.

My initial impression was that the spec ops team as they were introduced were a bunch of super agent caricatures, and to a degree they definitely are, but they do start to develop as the authour crafts a bit of their back story and motivations.
I liked that it was
Graham
Oct 23, 2014 Graham rated it liked it
Recommends it for: No one
I was entertained by this book but only because it was short enough to read in a couple days if it was any longer I may of not finished it. This book is about an "elite" military squad tasked with saving a brilliant scientist from a secret military research center. In the process they face many perils that the barely get out of. Ignoring the lack of creative plot points there are many issues that I couldn't ignore. This book tries to be from the perspective of a military unit but there are many ...more
Shane Knysh
Jul 28, 2012 Shane Knysh rated it liked it
Shelves: zombie, horror
A standard zombie apocalypse arrival novel. The army is in tatters, society collapses, but a segment of society remains.

The plot follows a super élite group of soldiers as they... well no spoilers. The writing is okay, the story is okay - and relies on a lot of clichés and tropes from the zombie apocalypse milieu. It is hard to rate a book like this - it isn't terrible - but it isn't great either.

The primary complaint I have is the editing is terrible - 'of' instead of 'off', 'hear' instead of
E. Bard
It was okay. It might have a stronger appeal for those who have a greater enjoyment of military stories, love zombie plots unconditionally, play horror survival games and favour a young, tough male perspective. I hate giving two stars to anything, but in the rating system that means 'it was okay.' I won't put stars up there with the review because it would drag the overall down and I don't think that's fair - particularly when it's free. There's nothing wrong with it, I just can't come up with a ...more
Shannon
I should have realized I wasn't going to like this book when within the first chapter I was put off by the author's description of the main character getting out of the bed of a woman in her "early twenties". It just struck me as wrong.

Follow that up with bad grammar, characters who literally are interchangeable, and a storyline that doesn't make a whole lot of sense and you get my 1 * rating.
Heather
Well it was pretty good but just as its getting really interesting its over and apparently the 2nd book has not yet been published. So I'm left with lots of questions and no answers. But brought up so very good points about panic and fear reactions of those without the right mind set. Oh and never trust a politician.
Selena Lang
Sep 21, 2011 Selena Lang rated it liked it
Shelves: zombies
This was a quick read with non-stop action. The characters could have been a bit more filled out in my opinion, but the story line was good and I look forward to the next book in the series. It also could have used a bit more editing. There were a lot of spelling/grammar mistakes.
Gail
Dec 07, 2011 Gail rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: zombie/apocalyptic book fans, survivalist fans
Shelves: apocalyptic, zombies
A quick fun read for $0.99. I just felt the story could have envolved more of the actual mission. I guess thats what the next ebook is for.
Wesley Shoemaker
Great book. kept you on the edge of your set all the way through the book.
Becky Sue
Sep 16, 2012 Becky Sue rated it really liked it
It's a ok book, I am into Zombie movies so I decided since it was free for my kindle I would try a book out. Can't wait til the second book comes out if it hasn't already
Maria
Jan 10, 2013 Maria rated it liked it
Not my favorite zombie book, but I'll definitely go back for more in this series. I like the focus on the military characters for a change.
Paige Richmond
Apr 25, 2014 Paige Richmond rated it liked it
This book wasn't bad, it was just kinda slow in the beginning.
Rose
Mar 22, 2013 Rose rated it it was amazing
It's an AWESOMLY EPIC novel!!!
Chricket Bruch
Chricket Bruch rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2013
Robert
Robert rated it did not like it
Jun 16, 2016
Tachelle Sade
Tachelle Sade rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2013
Lesa Hagan
Jun 19, 2013 Lesa Hagan rated it it was amazing
What is the next book? I can't wait to read it.
Edward
Edward rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2012
David Colenutt
David Colenutt rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2013
Isabella
Isabella rated it it was ok
Jul 09, 2013
Jess
Jess rated it it was ok
Jun 25, 2012
Suzy (ereaderuser)
Suzy (ereaderuser) rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2011
Ches Vaters
Ches Vaters rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2013
Joline
Joline rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2011
Patrick J Dalton
Patrick J Dalton rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Unwashed Dead (Zombie Armageddon #1)
  • Trudge (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, #1)
  • Sunrise (The Daylight Cycle, #2)
  • Rise
  • Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 502
  • I Zombie I (I Zombie, #1)
  • White Flag of The Dead (White Flag of the Dead, #1)
  • Necropolis Rising
  • The Zombies of Lake Woebegotten
  • Sven the Zombie Slayer
  • The Zombie Wilson Diaries
  • Area 187: Almost Hell
  • Dead: The Ugly Beginning (Dead, #1)
  • Can You Survive the Zombie Apocalypse?
  • Rise of the Horde
  • After Life
  • Drifters (Omega Days, #3)
  • The Tilian Cure (Tilian Virus, #3)