Start by marking “Divide & Conquer (Cut & Run, #4)” as Want to Read:
Divide & Conquer (Cut & Run, #4)

Divide & Conquer (Cut & Run #4)

4.54 of 5 stars 4.54  ·  rating details  ·  6,913 ratings  ·  736 reviews
Baltimore, Maryland, is a city in alarming distress. Rising violence is fanning the flames of public outrage, and all law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, are catching blame. Thus the FBI’s latest ideas to improve public relations: a municipal softball league and workshops for community leaders. But the new commitments just mean more time Special Agents Ty Grady an ...more
Published October 14th 2011 by Dreamspinner Press (first published October 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Divide & Conquer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divide & Conquer

Dd

Warning-Contains minor spoilers!!

"Promise you'll scream for me tonight..."

Phew,I LOVED,LOVED,LOVED THIS BOOK!!!

This book starts a few weeks after Fish and Chips ends...

Ty and Zane are still learning to cope with their past.Ty is waiting for Zane to come to his senses,stop analyzing and realize that he loves Ty.

"Ty knew his partner had to take the issue from every angle,analyze it to death,resurrect it,and then study its dead,rotting body to see the results.Yeah,it might take Zane four months
Blacky *Romance Addict*
If there was a device that could measure the *squeee* and *swoon* factor of books, it would definitely break while measuring this one, because it was OFF THE FREAKING SCALES! Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

This was amazing! I still don't know what my review will look like because my brain has turned into mush, and my heart melted a loooong time ago with these two guys Photobucket

In this book, Ty and Zane are more comfortabe with each other :) Zane knows that Ty loves him, even though he still hasn't figured out his feelings, but thing
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
Re-read & buddy read with Kelly April 2013

photo tumblr_mf7vtfUXU61qffcrao10_500_zps2222681b.gif

You realize I have free texting plan right?

Pop quiz partner. How many letters in the government alphabet?
(…)
Answer: 19. ET went home on a UFO and the FBI went after him.

What do you call a monkey in a mine field? A baboom.

Energizer bunny arrested. Charged with battery.
Ty’s lips twitched as he tapped out a quick response.
Is he being held in a duracell?

photo tumblr_mihh3eaRp51rprse0o1_500_zpsda97a8fe.gif

photo tumblr_mgmzmd0sDe1s3oxd3o1_400_zps852e0e77.gif

“With your track record, you’ll come in playing strippergram and I’ll be in the middle of Thanks
Stacey
Wow. It’s been a tough couple days since I finished Divide and Conquer. I, like many other people who love these books, was floored by the tender beginning, the explosive (pun intended) middle and the frustrating end. This book is a perfect example of the dangerous mid-point in a series where everything starts to fall apart and you wonder if anyone will be able to survive, physically and emotionally, what is coming next. Ugh, I hate this point.

Now to the spoilery part of the review:
(view spoiler
Isa K.
Update 5/20: Abigail Roux has since reached out to me privately and explained her position. As such, portions of this review have been reworded to avoid unnecessary snark ^_^ None of the opinions have been changed, but I admit there were comments that could easily be misinterpreted and I'm not above admitting my own sloppiness in this regard.

Update 5/18: DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA. It seems a girl can't have an opinion anymore. I almost had it in my mind to change this review to one star because authors
Mo

What can I say? I loved it. I love Ty and Zane. I love their interactions in their work situation and in the privacy of their homes.

These guys are cute, sexy, sweet. I love them both the same. I have no favourite.

TY

ZANE

It was all go. Loved meeting Ty's friends too.

Altogether a wonderful series that I am enjoying.

The ending left me in a bit of a muddle. I was happy to have the next book to dive into straight away.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick

Edited to add: I've been thinking a lot about the cover image for Divide & Conquer and while it, minus the band-aids, comes directly from one of the scenes, it also speaks volumes about Zane and Ty's relationship. The two halves might be together, but they're barely together. We've all heard the saying about putting a band-aid on the wound when major surgery is needed? That describes their relationship perfectly, especially in this book. Terrific cover choice!

Divide & Conquer is the four
Vilda
Re-read: August 23-28, 2014
First read: July 13-15, 2013

After re-read: Still loved it <3

July 15, 2013
This series... I've never been torn between so many feelings at once! I wanna laugh one minute, only to be sobbing the next. We have moments for swooning and fanning oneself, heartbreaking and nerve-wrecking ones, as well as those that are super sweet and intense... Just wow. Talk about an emotional roller coaster!

I know I keep saying it, but everyone needs to meet Ty and Zane! They are quite t
Shurrn
Bank-Robbers, Bombings, & Baseball, Oh My!
He wanted Ty with him, wanted him badly. Needed him as a partner, and not just at work. Craved him as a lover more than he’d ever jonesed over heroin. Connected with him in so many ways that Zane couldn’t see a way to untangle himself and didn’t even want to try.
There is very little I can say about this installment of the Cut & Run Series that is spoiler-free...

We stayed in Boston the whole time...
We got to meet Ty's Force Recon team, Sidewi
Lenore
I was at a loss for words when I finished Divide & Conquer. I hadn’t had such a sucker punch of an ending in a book for a long time. I was so mad and frustrated and overwhelmed you could practically see fumes coming out of my ears. It took me a couple of days to gather my thoughts and process my emotions. And this review won’t be easy. Because this is the first installment in the Cut & Run series I’m not sure how to rate: it could very well be my favourite and my least favourite book so ...more
Heather C
H#&? F$&@#^% S%#&!!!!

All you need toknow is:

**May contain spoilers...so you've been warned**

The mystery isn't really a mystery
There is hilarious texting
There is "uncomfortable and precarious and unbelievably fucking hot" door sex
There is romantic, slow dancing with a declaration of...something important
There is jealousy
Somebody gets injured...again
There is a lot of angst
Somebody "comes out"
They get blown up...a few more times
There is an Oh.My.God ending
...so don't forget
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Honestly, I don't really know what to say. I've been thinking and thinking of my review since reading this and nothing comes to mind on how I should phrase this review.

Simply put, I loved this book. I've loved this whole series and in my eyes this book lived up to the last three. It's one of my favorite series and with each book they just seem to get better and better.

What I loved most about this one was how much Ty and Zane's relationship grew. With the trials they had to go through and each o
Lena♥Ribka
4,7 stars!!!!

All my GR friends who tell me that the series is getting better from book to book are totally RIGHT!!! It was my favorite till now!!

I don't want to question a plot: 4 teenagers fooled the whole city together with FBI.

But.
I have already said in my previous reviews of the series and I won't be tired to repeat again and again: the suspense part of the series is of no significance.
For me.

BETWEEN
ZANE
A
Cristina T.
Oh. my. God. I don't think I can write a proper review (a.k.a. it's gonna be a freaking mess), because I just finished this book and I don't know what my feelings are doing! What a roller-coaster! Laughing hysterically one minute, sobbing the next, swooning, then being heartbroken and all the intense and sweet moments - I just... wow.

Warning: The next part of the review contains spoilers.

This series just keeps getting better and I loved this book right from the start!
Ty & Zane are in their
Rach  *Feisty kitty*
This book is amazing :) I loved it :)

This series definitely gets better as you get further into them in my opinion

Ty and Zane are funny, loveable, sensual together

I would not change a thing about this book it was amazing :)

That cliff at the end although not huge was enough to make me want to read the next book in the series straight away
Armed & Dangerous

Some of my favorite Quotes-

* Zane shuddered as it occurred to him that it really didn't seem like just sex anymore. It was more, more pass
Ingela
Book #4 - and again;

5 Huge Stars for a romantic and steamy novel about the lovely Ty & Zane.

I'm still in a large read requests for M/M romances. Just a little more than a month ago I read my first romance book about "boys who love boys". Now I'm stuck in this genre and what isn't better than another book about two gorgeous boys, Ty and Zane, the forth one for me.
Kristalia
FINAL RATING: /

“I know what it's like to be totally in the dark,” he said, his voice calm. “But I wouldn't go anywhere even if I could. I'd rather be here with you than somewhere else alone.”

Another great installment in Cut & Run series, though i must say that to me, it felt like it missed something....and i can't figure it out. Which is why i am giving it 4.5 stars instead of 5.

ANYWAY, Ty and Zane are back in all of their awesomeness!

First chapters of this book made me laugh so much, it
Gina
I honestly don't know how to describe how I feel about this book. The bundle of feelings that were running around in my head, anxiety, arousal, empathy, anger, frustration, fear.....LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!
 photo swoon4_zpsec057afc.gif
To describe the sex scenes in this book as hot sounds like an understatement of monumental proportions! There was a deeper emotional element in them for me. Honestly, the entire book had a deeper emotional element that simply hooked my heart.

I think there have been enough reviews on this series t
Karen
The key word for this review has got be EXPLOSIVE!!! Because not only were our boys literally dodging bombs throughout the book… they were also dropping their own proverbial bombs as well. And the fallout both devastating and awesome to witness!!!!

I don’t even know where to start with this review. This was probably the most powerful book in the series so far. So many issues coming up. So many obstacles and threatening forces to conquer; not only at work, but also for both Ty and Zane personally
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
A bit spoilerish in places...

No panic! I trust the author. I'd like to speak with Ty for a second, but bar that, I'm very ok. I'm not even glaring. I'm just staring disbelievingly into space. What the hell happened? Ok. No panic.

I have to confess that, although I enjoyed it a lot, I was a tiny tiny bit disappointed by this book. It really feels like a transitional book in the series and it seemed to focus so much about the famous three words and the rest seemed disjointed, I don't know how to ex
StellaR
What do you call a monkey in a mine field? A baboom

Seriously, the books in the series are getting better and better. I had such a great time reading this one, some parts are hilarious, and there are some super swoony moments..and THE DANCE!!!!!. Wow, that must be one of the most romantic, loving, tender moments I've ever read *sighs*

Bottom line: Can't get enough of Ty and Zane! Armed and Dangerous, let's begin!!
Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper*
*Finished Buddy Re-read with Amanda and Melissa on March 3/13*

After getting closer and having a semblance of a relationship from their experience in the cruise, they wanted to try for real. Well now months later it seems their work related obligations is getting in the way. Especially when a string of robberies is related to a series of bombings that seem to be directed at Ty and Zane, and the people of the city think the police are lacking at their duties.

I can't say enough how much I LOVE LOV
Susan

”Reread Week” (Nov 26, 2012)

This is one of the few books so far that I actually liked less on the reread. It’s not that I didn’t enjoy it…by this point, I love Ty & Zane, period, so nothing else matters that much.

But I admit that this storyline is a bit lame. Teenagers w/ little to no reason to behave really, really badly? Not buying it. And Zane, just spit it OUT already. You love the man…sheesh. Do we have to read 300+ pages to get you to finally say it? And Ty’s best friend just happens
Morgana
I finished it last night (or this morning?). At 5 a.m. But that's what you get when you start reading in the evening. The truth is I was going to wait for my paperback copy, but hell, I knew I would hit something (or someone) if I didn't read Divide & Conquer ASAP, so I bought the ebook version, too.

SPOILER ! ! !

As for the book itself, I loved it! More than Fish &Chips? I don't know. Probably. But what I know is the fact that despite my falling in love with this book one thing has been
⊱ Irena ⊰
This is one of the examples why I shouldn't read reviews before I read the book. If I had read reviews and saw some of the things that happened in Divide & Conquer, I probably wouldn’t have been eager to continue. It's a flaw, I know. You miss a lot of great things that way. That's why I am glad I didn't read any reviews. The ending doesn't make it any better either.

You don't wait for long to see who the guilty party is and why he is doing all the bombing around Baltimore. The moment the pre
Dreamer
Humourous, sexy 4th 'Cut & Run' book which involves the boys tackling a bomber and Ty meeting up with his Marine buddies.

With his lips on Ty's, his eyes closed and Ty's arms around him, the world didn't feel dark and foreboding.
S.J.D. Peterson
Absolutely my favorite of the books so far. They just keep getting better and better except......Really??? A note????? A goddamn note Ty????????

Shelley

Throughout this book I found myself hopping from one side of the fence (dodgy side) to the other (happy side), and when I’m not hopping I’m teetering on top with a frowny face trying to decide which way I’m going to lean.

On the dodgy side: The plot!

It is quite obvious that nobody reads this series for the cops and robbers plot lines because they are rubbish and this one has to be the worst. Okay, the first one wasn’t bad at all when comparing it with this one and the last.

This is the Ty and Zan
Kelly
Love, love, love Ty and Zane! Thanks for reading it with me, Baba! *Mwah!!!*
  • Warrior's Cross
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • Death of a Pirate King (Adrien English Mystery, #4)
  • GhosTV (PsyCop, #6)
  • The Interludes (In the company of shadows, #3)
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part I (Special Forces, #2 part 1)
  • Blood & Thunder (THIRDS, #2)
  • Long Time Gone (Hell or High Water, #2)
  • Shades of Gray
  • Forever  (Spy vs. Spook, #3)
  • Mexican Heat (Crimes & Cocktails, #1)
Madeleine Urban is a down-home Kentucky girl who’s been writing since she could hold a crayon. Although she has written and published on her own, she truly excels when writing with co-authors. She lives with her husband, who is very supportive of her work, and two canine kids who only allow her to hug them when she has food. She wants to live at Disney World, the home of fairy dust, because she be ...more
More about Madeleine Urban...

Cut & Run (9 books)
  • Cut & Run (Cut & Run, #1)
  • Sticks & Stones (Cut & Run, #2)
  • Fish & Chips (Cut & Run, #3)
  • Armed & Dangerous (Cut & Run, #5)
  • Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run, #6)
  • Touch & Geaux (Cut & Run, #7)
  • Ball & Chain (Cut & Run, #8)
  • Crash & Burn (Cut & Run, #9)
Caught Running Warrior's Cross Love Ahead: Please Excuse Our Mess Cut & Run (Cut & Run, #1) Fish & Chips (Cut & Run, #3)

“First time I saw you, after I got over hating you, I knew,” he said, echoing Ty’s words, “I knew I’d fall in love with you” 149 likes
“You’re not dessert, Zane. You’re the main course, Ty informed him in a husky drawl. And you have about five seconds to take your pick of flat surface before I do it for you.” 138 likes