Start by marking “Honor & Entropy” as Want to Read:
Honor & Entropy

Honor & Entropy

3.60  ·  Rating Details  ·  10 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Telly Brensen longs for his father, missing since WWII, and despises his mother’s suitors; and when her priceless ring disappears, this ignites his long smoldering rage. He hunts down the ring, maiming the thug who has it; and even though this frees a man wrongfully imprisoned for taking it, he is prosecuted into choosing between the Marines or jail. His choice lands him i ...more
Published 2011 by Lost Lobo Books

To ask other readers questions about Honor & Entropy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honor & Entropy

Susan Anderson
Dec 01, 2011 Susan Anderson rated it really liked it
Shelves: epic-picaresque
A search for the meaning of life that leaves the reader at times breathless but always turning the page.

Written by an author who has spent over half his life in the Far East, HONOR AND ENTROPY by Arthur Spevak, with an introduction by J.E. Rainey, and, I suspect, the supplier of Spevak’s words, is an epic novel in the picaresque, episodic tradition, with Homeric echoes, a coming of age novel.

After he joins the Marines and lands in Vietnam where his acts of bravery and treachery merit a Medal of
Rob Ballister
Jan 23, 2016 Rob Ballister rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HONOR AND ENTROPY is rich, detailed, epic story of one man's search for honor in a world that couldn't care less about that virtue.

CDR Ulysses Brensen served his country honorably in World War 2, but was lost after Japan surrendered when his plane went down over Borneo under suspicious circumstances. His only son, Telly, grew up without a father, and as so many fatherless sons do, led a troubled life. Eventually, his anger and temper found him facing a difficult choice: jail time or the Marines.
Jennifer (JC-S)
Aug 28, 2015 Jennifer (JC-S) rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-books
‘If it is adventure you seek, come along with me.’

Welcome to ‘Honor and Entropy’, a complex, sprawling odyssey covering a number of lives and adventures. The novel is presented as a manuscript found by J.E Rainey: Arthur Spevak’s manuscript which has been left forgotten in a trunk, abandoned. It’s presented as a lost tale, a journey for readers to undertake:

‘I am simply a messenger.’

The two major characters are Telly (short for Aristotle) Brensen and his friend Art Spevak. Telly and his mother P
Jessica Bronder
Feb 25, 2014 Jessica Bronder rated it liked it
This is several stories together in one book. We start with Ulysses, a soldier at the end of World War 2 that helps a Japanese officer escape trial in exchange for gold and freedom. Telly Brensen, who is looking for his father Ulysses and trying to find his own place in the world.. Then there is Arthur Spevak, Telly’s friend from a young age and narrator of the book.

There are many storylines going on at the same time. We start with Ulysses and a crew going AWOL for gold. Then we jump to Telly an
Book Him Danno
Well this is a long…..long book. The story is interesting and kept me reading, but I thought I would never get to the end. The characters are multi-faceted and the story wraps you up tugging you along. I did have to go back every so often to see what I missed….sometimes the transition from the past to the present was difficult to follow, but wow this story is amazing. The story is simply a treasure hunt gone wrong…language problems, transportation problems, cannibal problems and more and more an ...more
Tami
Apr 15, 2012 Tami rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is a way of believing that states that we are responsible for the memory of those who have come before us. When someone dies a senseless death, we dig deep within ourselves to share that experience so that there is meaning in the tragedy. The same is equally true for those who sacrificed for us and those whose dreams were never realized. Essentially, we carry each of those loved ones until their story has been valued in some appropriate way.

In Honor and Entropy, Arthur Spevak seeks to hon
Katrina
Feb 21, 2012 Katrina rated it liked it
Honor & Entropy I found to be out of my normal genre depths but saying this I enjoyed it, I wont say I loved it - It was ok for me .. Long in length and at times a little long winded but I think this goes back to the fact that it wasnt my normal genre. I rather enjoy reading about history ! and must say that Spevak has done his homework well and all with his experience has outlined many aspects of this story well.

This book is filled with Twists and Turns at every possible corner, just when y
Brian Miller
Brian Miller rated it it was ok
Oct 19, 2015
Lakis Fourouklas
Lakis Fourouklas rated it really liked it
May 15, 2012
Charlotte Phillips
Charlotte Phillips marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2012