Start by marking “Zakka Style: 24 Projects Stitched with Ease to Give, Use & Enjoy” as Want to Read:
Zakka Style: 24 Projects Stitched with Ease to Give, Use & Enjoy

Zakka Style: 24 Projects Stitched with Ease to Give, Use & Enjoy

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  187 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Zakka - a Japanese term meaning 'many things' - is all about the little things that can be used to add a touch of style and personality to your home and appearance. This book is packed with 24 delightful projects, all of which can be made using basic sewing, patchwork, applique and embroidery techniques."
Published December 16th 2011 by C&T Publishing (first published February 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Zakka Style, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zakka Style

Kate
May 25, 2012 Kate rated it liked it
One of my coworkers had ordered this through interlibrary loan and flipping through it, I found several patterns I really liked. I have a lot of fabric scraps and many of the projects were small and made by piecing together different fabrics and patterns.

I have made one project from this book, the zip carryall. It ended up coming out really well, but the instructions would have benefited from better (or more) picture illustrations of each step. Many of the instructions said to refer to the imag
Alycia Burda
Apr 30, 2014 Alycia Burda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspirational

Inspirational

I really can't wait to use the templates in this book to make very cute sewing projects! love the ideas and the step by step instruction.
Anne
Mar 16, 2013 Anne rated it it was amazing
fantastic, Japanese always do cool, smart things
Nicole
Feb 29, 2012 Nicole rated it really liked it
Rashida Coleman-Hale's first book, I Love Patchwork: 21 Irresistible Zakka Projects to Sew, is a favorite of mine and her palette pin cushion is one of my most used and prized sewing items.

So when her new book came out I was hitting refresh four times a day at the library website hoping to see it arrive. Well, it never did so I bought it, sight unseen, brewed myself a cup of tea and settled in to devour it thoroughly. My first reaction was shock and disappointment as the book is compiled by Rash
Amorette
Apr 17, 2012 Amorette rated it it was amazing
This book is very well thought out. I had no idea when I started in, but it is a collaborative book, so it has projects from many different people in it, all just along the Zakka aesthetic spectrum.
I sewed the pincushion project to try out the directions, and
I am really excited to sew more projects from the book. There are a huge range of them, from quilts to softies with their own pillow pocket (my next earmarked project) and many in between. This is a great book for gift ideas, and there are
Anna
Nov 13, 2015 Anna rated it liked it
I really like some of the projects in this book. I've already made the sewing kit shown on the cover--adorbs. And I plan to use the pattern of Rain Cloud Mug on a different project as well as make the Patchwork Potholders, the Patchwork Pencil Case and Little Pocket Pillowcase (with a stuffed bear to go into the pocket!). Really simple and very cute projects to make as gifts.
Diane
Jul 19, 2015 Diane rated it it was ok
I bought this book only for the nesting boxes project. I did not care for the other projects in the book and did not find it as inspirational as Zakka Sewing.
Émilie
Mar 22, 2014 Émilie rated it liked it
Shelves: wish-list
I love the collaborative aspect of this Zakka projects book, and I hope to return to this one to make the wallet and the messenger bag specifically :)
Kate
Feb 27, 2016 Kate added it
Shelves: crafty
Super cute! No patterns I'm keen to try right now, but possibly in the future.
K
I liked I Love Patchwork by Rashida Coleman-Hale so much that I ordered this online even though I hadn't seen it (which I NEVER do, but had no choice as even Kinokuniya didn't have it in stock). As I had expected, the photos of the projects were fantastic and very inspiring. I have completed one project so far which I love :D I will definitely be doing a couple more.
Dogsandbooks
Donated to DPL
Susan
Mar 14, 2014 Susan rated it liked it
I used to do this! Fun ideas!
Melissa
Apr 01, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafty
This book is super cute, and there were at least a dozen projects that I could see myself actually doing. As luck would have it, though, the first project I chose was a water bottle carrier, and there weren't any step-by-step pictures, so I ended up having to find another tutorial online to help me visualize some of the steps. Granted, I am a BRAND new sewer, so if you have more experience, this project would likely be a breeze, and many of the other projects do include more visuals.
Darlene
Nov 08, 2013 Darlene rated it really liked it
I've read many quilting books and this one is truly unique. With many smaller projects which use up my stash and scraps, Zakka Style is an easy quilting pattern book to follow. I don't own this book and would love to have it in my quilt book library as a reference book.
Arlian
Mar 09, 2013 Arlian rated it liked it
A simple introduction to patchwork. The patterns were modern enough, but just not appealing to me. This book is likely aimed at tailors who are less skilled than I. I won't be doing any of these projects.
Jane
Dec 15, 2011 Jane rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous book from Rashida Coleman-hale. Very inspiring projects, wonderful styling and straightforward instructions.
Sheila Williams
Oct 24, 2012 Sheila Williams rated it really liked it
Shelves: patchwork-books
Good diverse choice of projects, I loved the sewing wrap, great clear instructions, good photography
Michelle
Mar 03, 2013 Michelle rated it liked it
Shelves: crafts
There are a few really cute projects in this book. Most are variations on projects I've seen other places.
Chandra
Apr 14, 2013 Chandra rated it liked it
Same as the Zakka Sewing. Fun, but nothing I fell in love with and had to make immediately.
Miki
Apr 22, 2013 Miki rated it it was ok
Interesting book, with nice ideas, but nothing I felt compelled to make, or use.
Janeen K
Feb 22, 2012 Janeen K rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafts, non-fiction
Love linen and with each project it gives the designer's blog. Very good photo's.
Lucy Baker
Aug 16, 2012 Lucy Baker rated it really liked it
Stylish photos and some lovely little projects.
Sharon
Feb 19, 2012 Sharon rated it it was amazing
Great reference and source of ideas!
Cheri
Sep 23, 2013 Cheri marked it as to-read
Shelves: to-check-out
p65 - potholders
Stephanie Baker
Mar 30, 2012 Stephanie Baker rated it it was ok
Nothing special.
Carol Oake
Carol Oake marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Gruppia
Gruppia marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Dave N'renee
Dave N'renee rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2016
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
EEWR
EEWR marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Zakka Sewing: 25 Japanese Projects for the Household
  • Scandinavian Stitches: 21 Playful Projects with Seasonal Flair
  • Embroidery Companion: Classic Designs for Modern Living
  • Alabama Stitch Book: Projects and Stories Celebrating Hand-Sewing, Quilting and Embroidery for Contemporary Sustainable Style
  • Material Obsession Two: Shared Inspiration
  • Modern Patchwork: 12 Quilts to Take You Beyond the Basics
  • Denyse Schmidt Quilts: 30 Colorful Quilt and Patchwork Projects
  • Reinvention: Sewing with Rescued Materials
  • Handmade Home: Simple Ways to Repurpose Old Materials into New Family Treasures
  •  Cute Dolls
  • 1, 2, 3 Sew: Build Your Skills with 33 Simple Sewing Projects
  • Seams to Me: 24 New Reasons to Love Sewing
  • Sew U: The Built by Wendy Guide to Making Your Own Wardrobe
  • Sew Liberated: 20 Stylish Projects for the Modern Sewist
  • Simple Sewing with a French Twist: An Illustrated Guide to Sewing Clothes and Home Accessories with Style
  • Dare to Be Square Quilting: A Block-By-Block Guide to Making Patchwork and Quilts
  • Sew What! Bags: 18 Pattern-Free Projects You Can Customize to Fit Your Needs