Start by marking “Răzbunarea asasinului (Farseer Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Răzbunarea asasinului (Farseer Trilogy, #3)

Răzbunarea asasinului (Farseer Trilogy #3)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  59,565 ratings  ·  1,819 reviews
Răzbunarea asasinului încheie o trilogie scrisă cu iscusinţă de o autoare singulară în literatura fantasy de astăzi. Robin Hobb apelează la soluţii literare uimitoare prin ingeniozitatea lor şi te introduce în teritoriul imaginar al intrigilor ţesute de câţiva eroi pe care nu-i vei uita multă vreme. Alături de ei străbaţi ţinuturi nesfârşite şi le trăieşti drama până la fi ...more
Published May 2011 by Nemira Publishing House (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Răzbunarea asasinului, please sign up.

Steve Barth This is going to sound like a bitter answer, but it's fitting for this book. There were so many "Why didn't they just do this?" moments in the book,…moreThis is going to sound like a bitter answer, but it's fitting for this book. There were so many "Why didn't they just do this?" moments in the book, that I really believe the only answer is, "because then the conflict would have been over too quickly." Hobb created conflict by making her characters dumb. If you're looking for a more technical answer, I would say Ardit got it correct. Fitz wasn't skilled enough to convey a clear message to anyone but another very skilled individual, and had he tried he would have like broadcasted to all those searching for him.(less)

Buddy read with Alexa!

It’s a hard thing to do to constantly force yourself onward in a series that has never managed to fully catch your interest, just waiting for it to improve. And then to reach the end and realise that it doesn’t.

I really wanted to like this series. After finishing both the first and the second book I was torn between two different ratings, and on both occasions decided to give the book the highest one. All in hope of drastic improvements that could make the series as interes
After the spine-tingling cliff-hanger at the close of the book two, I was fully expecting a cathartic close in this the third and final book in the Farseer trilogy. However, I found myself getting bored with the tiresome -- and seemingly endless -- quest that took far too much of the last half of this 700-some-page finale. Perhaps it was the monotony of the long-haul slough that our hero and his allies endured for 200-plus pages , or even the deus ex machina by way of dragons. (How convenient an ...more
He shall thirst for the blood of his own kin, and his thirst shall go unslaked. The Catalyst shall hunger for a hearth and children in vain, for his children shall be another's and another's child his own.

For approximately 60% of this book I was positive it was going to be 2-3 stars. For such a massive book there didn't seem to be a lot happening. We follow Fitz as he attempts to find himself after dying and being reborn after living as a wolf. It begins very interesting, but soon began to drag
Buddy read with Markus

I have a lot of friends who love Hobb's series, so I'm going to assume the problem here is one of compatibility: this book and I, we're just not compatible.

I tend to like plot driven books, well developed villains, and I don't want a Gary Stu protagonist, but I do want my hero to be heroic. To win from time to time. It's the main character and I'm following his story, of course I'm going to root for him!

Sadly this book followed a pattern I didn't like:

1. Fitz would do som
Damian Dubois
Just as a friendly word of warning this review contains many spoilers that haven’t been wrapped in spoiler tags so I would recommend only reading this review if you have already completed the Farseer Trilogy. Wouldn’t want to ruin things for you…

At the end of Royal Assassin we were left on a cliffhanger which saw Chade and Burrich engaging in a little spot of grave robbing, an exhumation of sorts to reunite Fitz’s soul with something that sets Nighteyes hackles ajar, something he describes as sm
Emma Deplores Goodreads Censorship
I very rarely give only one star; it feels melodramatic, especially since I gave Royal Assassin five. But after the quality of the first two books in this trilogy, I was shocked and appalled by this one--and, what's worse, I was bored.

In this book, Fitz leaves Buckkeep and all of the other characters we've come to know and love over the first two books. He spends most of the 760-page book hiking across the continent, much of it alone, much of the rest with random throwaway characters who appear
No full review, let me only say that I thought it was a fitting ending to the series. But in the beginning and the middle there were a few passages that could have been shortened or left out. In contrast to this there was information provided in the epilogue that I personally would have liked to have been shown us more over the course of the book, instead of being told at the end. In the end a 3,5 stars read for me that I rounded up to 4 on GR.
For all my complaints about this trilogy, it speaks volumes that I read all three fat paperbacks in less than two weeks. The narrative is riveting, even in this last book which has long sections where people are mostly walking. Not all of the characterizations were successful, but I don't often feel as much of a connection with a protagonist as I did to Fitz.

I'm slightly dissatisfied with the overall scope of the story, but I really enjoyed the details the author includes, details that may very
“When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse”

- Coldplay

There is a kind of trope in epic fantasy where the Chosen One gets angry at being chosen, at what he has to sacrifice for the global benefit, and what a terrible time he is having. Frodo, Harry Potter etc. all go through this “woe is me” phase. FitzChivalry, the protagonist of this “Farseer Trilogy” does a lot of that in this final vol
Jul 08, 2008 C. rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to C. by: My brother
Shelves: fantasy, never-again
I read this trilogy on the recommendation of my brother, who was thoroughly enjoying the novels.

The first in the series was okay--not great, but good enough to keep me reading. I started becoming doubtful when I read the second, but when I got to this one, I was downright angry with some of the decisions "the good guys" made, and one decision in particular that I found downright reprehensible, which the character (and thus the author) essentially justified as "for the good of the people" and thu
Wow... If I could give it 6 stars I would... wow... full review in the future!
Ben Babcock
Kat  Hooper
This review refers to the whole Farseer Trilogy:

I read The Farseer Saga years ago and it is still one of my favorite epic fantasies. Its main strengths are its simple writing style and excellent characterization.

Robin Hobb's prose is lovely — straightforward and simple. It never calls attention to itself (and therefore away from the story). The characters are complex and believable. Fitz is my favorite fantasy "hero" and someone I came to really care about. He's not perfect, he's not beautiful,
Franco  Santos
Rating real: 3.75 estrellas.

No tiene ningún spoiler.

Me resulta difícil hacer esta reseña, pero bueno, lo voy a intentar.

El libro empieza bien, entretenido, intrigante y absorbente. Luego la historia comienza a decaer mucho. La autora describe cualquier aspecto anodino e insignificante. Tuve que soportar todos los dilemas de Traspié, todas sus preguntas, y cómo repasaba todas las cosas que le habían pasado una y otra vez. Fue bastante insoportable.
Pasaba poco y nada.

¿Por qué partes tu vida en p
Mike (the Paladin)
Well, there were times when I would have rated this a bit higher, a 4. Other times I had a little trouble with it being a 3. The book however is better than the second volume in the series so, lets call this the illusive and much longed for 3.5 stars.

Robin Hobb is a talented writer, but I doubt I'll ever actually be a fan. She enjoys too much creating a character the reader cares about and then putting said character through hell...a long extended hell. Maybe it's even a guided tour of hell. The
Jason Webster
Why oh why! I had people tell me this book was awful, but I thought well if it's worse then the first 2 then it will still be good because I really enjoyed the first 2 books. If you have read the first 2... STOP THERE and imagine your own ending for Fitz because this one sucks!

If you would have told me when I finished book 2 that I would not read the Tawny Man series because Assassin's Quest was "that bad" I would have told you you were crazy.

If she would re-write this book I would buy it. Serio
Such a worthy ending to a fabulous trilogy!
I really liked the story and how she wraps it all together. It's different enough from the previous books, and it fits with Fitz growing up and leaving the original scope of his live.

One thing that Robin Hobb does remarkably well, is make you care so much for the main characters. I got incredibly protective of Fitz, and was hunting down every other character who dared to touch a hair on his head.

Loved it!
Xime García
: Me encantó, en serio.
En realidad, 3.75

Traspié Hidalgo Vatídico:

...gracias por acompañarme en una saga.

No estoy negando los errores y el relleno del libro, no estoy negando que algunas veces me dieron ganas de zarandear a Hobb y a su personaje, no estoy negando que esta historia podría haber sido la misma con 400 páginas menos, pero fue, dentro de todo, un buen cierre a esta primera trilogía.

-Las personas que mejor se conocen son las que saben cuál es la mejor manera de hacerse daño.

Me debat
Sep 10, 2013 Zayne rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves a gripping story
This book was extraordinary! I mean there were so many emotions this book drew out of me that by the end of it, I was like a Forged one. So much suspense, drama, action, plot twists. I just wanted to keep reading and reading until I finished it. (Too bad I didn't have the time to do it in just a few sittings.)

And although I loved the book, it was not really what I expected especially 3/4 of the way through. It went from a lot of suspense, chases, and drama to a whole lot of constant traveling. A
I had to let this one settle on a night's sleep before rating it.

There were times when I wanted to give this book 3-stars, because while I enjoyed it all the way through, it wasn't as tension packed as Book 2 and it moved slowly for most of the book. But then there were times I wanted to give it 5-stars because Hobb further develops characters I have come to love and wraps up all her loose threads nicely.

So I settled on 4, which is good because I didn't like it quite as well as Book 1, which I
After reading the first two in the series, I had expectations and predictions as to how this one would unfold. What ends up happening can be summed up in my feeling that this book just felt LONG. The first quarter of the book took it's time to settle up the events of Royal Assassin. Just when it starts to build up steam by the middle, the plot slows to a crawl with what felt like a ridiculously drawn out camping trip. Up until the last quarter of the book, I still held out that some of my hopes ...more
Na momente odlična knjiga, na momente monotona knjiga, u svakom slučaju previše nekako razvučena. I barem meni lično dosta depresivna zbog raznih negativnih stvari koje se dešavaju glavnom liku. To je možda moja greška što sam se previše vezao za njega pa je i to razlog što mi je trebalo skoro 8 meseci da je završim.

U suštini nije loše al nadao sam se nekako boljem.
Com certeza uma das melhores trilogias que eu já li. Narrativa linda e uma história tocante.
O único problema é que parece que o Fitz regrediu em termos de personalidade. Falam com ele e parece que entra por um ouvido e sai pelo outro, ou pior, nem entra! Aí quando ele se fode eu acabo pensando "Bem feito!" ao invés de ficar com pena.
Mas fora isso, foi o livro da trilogia que mais me surpreendeu até agora. À partir da metade para frente foi uma surpresa atrás da outra. Faz você pensar por um bom
Apr 17, 2008 Leippya rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any fan of Fantasy
Recommended to Leippya by: Kaitlynn Plinhe
Shelves: fantasy
This book is like a drug. Any time you close it to get on with your life it will keep coming back to your mind and distract you with a craving to know how Fitz can escape, or how he can survive, or how he's going to get out of that one or solve this problem or just what he can do next after all he's been through, and the big questions that have been hanging since Book 1 and 2 push the reader to just. Keep. Reading. More.

Some might find the very beginning a bit slow, but to me the real story star
Lindsey Rey
This could have been half the length. Great ending, but so boring in the middle!
This was a satisfying conclusion to the Farseer trilogy. All of the major plot arcs were tied up, some quite unexpectedly.

The writing here is as good as one might expect from Robin Hobb, but the story itself does suffer in the middle phase of the book. Fitz spent far to long on a lengthy and boring journey to find Verity. This significant parts of this journey could have been told in a tenth of the time and the story would have benefited from the tighter pacing.

I was happy with the first part
David Sven
In this final book of The Farseer Trilogy we move out of Buck County to follow FitzChivalry on a journey of loyalty and revenge. All the world, save for a few, think the Witted bastard is dead. After his resurrection through the Wit magic, Fitz finds himself free to pursue his personal vengeance on Regal the usurper. But being dead does not, apparently, free one from sworn service to the throne. And when Verity calls for Fitz using the Skill, the Royal Assassin finds himself torn between living ...more
So I'd have to say book 3 in the trilogy was about the bleakest... while I was reading book 2 I thought Fitz's life was rather undirected and tragic. But I would have to say book 3 put book 2 to shame in that regard. Poor Fitz is really left with nothing... not totally unexpected, since he actually got killed off in book 2 and then resurrected for book 3 anyway. But not a happy ending. No vindication for past wrongs. There is some growth and maturation here (finally) for our boy-hero. But I susp ...more
  • Restoration (Rai-Kirah, #3)
  • Traitor's Moon (Nightrunner, #3)
  • Blood and Memory (The Quickening, #2)
  • Watcher of the Dead (Sword of Shadows, #4)
  • Nyphron Rising (The Riyria Revelations, #3)
  • Ravenheart (The Rigante, #3)
  • Reaper's Gale (The Malazan Book of the Fallen, #7)
  • The Hallowed Hunt (Chalion, #3)
  • Lord of the Shadows (Second Sons Trilogy, #3)
  • The Lady of the Sorrows (The Bitterbynde, #2)
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Angel, #2)
  • An Autumn War (Long Price Quartet, #3)
  • The Charnel Prince (Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone, #2)
  • Luck of the Wheels (Windsingers, #4)
  • The Bristling Wood (Deverry, #3)
** I am shocked to find that some people think a 2 star 'I liked it' rating is a bad rating. What? I liked it. I LIKED it! That means I read the whole thing, to the last page, in spite of my life raining comets on me. It's a good book that survives the reading process with me. If a book is so-so, it ends up under the bed somewhere, or maybe under a stinky judo bag in the back of the van. So a 2 st ...more
More about Robin Hobb...

Farseer Trilogy (3 books)
  • Assassin's Apprentice (Farseer Trilogy, #1)
  • Royal Assassin (Farseer Trilogy, #2)
Assassin's Apprentice (Farseer Trilogy, #1) Royal Assassin (Farseer Trilogy, #2) Fool's Errand (Tawny Man, #1) Fool's Fate (Tawny Man, #3) Golden Fool (Tawny Man, #2)

“Not being able to think of a reply is not the same thing as accepting another's words.” 85 likes
“I healed. Not completely. A scar is never the same as good flesh, but it stops the bleeding.” 68 likes