Start by marking “Between a Rock and a Mad Woman (Scotland Yard Exchange #0)” as Want to Read:
Between a Rock and a Mad Woman (Scotland Yard Exchange #0)

Between a Rock and a Mad Woman (Scotland Yard Exchange 0)

Not since JFK, has a political candidate used his wit and charm to such an advantage as Peter “the Rock”. On the other hand, there hasn’t been a woman so admired as a crusader against corrupt power since Joan of Arc… until “Mad” Madeline. Madeline is running for Governor of Massachusetts against Peter. Madeline and Peter were once in love—before she broke his heart.

In the
Published September 17th 2011 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Between a Rock and a Mad Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Between a Rock and a Mad Woman

Anne OK
Jul 27, 2012 Anne OK rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Anne OK by: Amazon Kindle Freebie 7/25/12
Shelves: 2012-reads
FULL REVIEW POSTED

You don't have to care about election-year politics to enjoy this well-written and superbly developed contemporary romance – along with a good dose of suspense. After all, what would a campaign trail be without some skeleton scattered along the way?

Between A Rock and A Mad Woman offers a unique, fun-to-read, and well-written accounting of the world of politics, a peek at behind the scene shockers surrounding candidates and the news media, and a romance worth reading when love
Alyssa
Dec 14, 2011 Alyssa rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
For more reviews, visit Hesperia Loves Books

Wow, this book was simply amazing! Stephanie Queen delivered a thought-provoking political romance drama (whew, that was a mouth keyboard full) that kept me on the edge of of seat until the very end. Her characters were smart, witty, and they made you want to know more. The dialogue and plot flowed & built wonderfully and for me, there was never a lag & I was totally sucked in and loved it

Madeline is a extremely smart (think prodigy) & bea
Celia
Oct 10, 2012 Celia rated it liked it
I am not normally a fan of romance books however this one had the right amount of romance coupled with enough action to make it a good read.
Jeanie Jackson
Dec 28, 2014 Jeanie Jackson rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Stephanie Queen is an outstanding writer; between a Rock and a Mad Woman drew me through the story while I was trying to decide if this was the next book I wanted to read. I read it as part of the Malice, Mischief & Men collection. The characters are strong, witty and well developed. Both were raise to be politicians, the serve, but they have diametrically opposite philosophies of politics. Maddy is an idealist who believes that she can make great changes in the government and that the ...more
Veronica Sandtoes
Oct 16, 2012 Veronica Sandtoes rated it liked it
The first half was dragging. Pace picked up in the second half. I'm not too crazy about romance themes so I would have rated this higher had it not turned into a "and they lived happily ever after" type of book. The political campaign focus was interesting and I especially appreciated that it was a female figure running for office. Good idea yet it all came crashing down....because of a man? Really, a woman's place is in the home, writing a book instead of in politics?
Teaguem2005
Oct 22, 2012 Teaguem2005 rated it liked it
3.5 stars actually. Unfortunately, if you're not from New England I'm afraid some of the location details will be a little confusing because the story relied heavily on the Berkshires and then Boston. This is a political story revolving around Peter & Madeline who are not only political opponents in the governor's race but former lovers. What was never quite explained is why they broke up 6 years ago.
Amy (BW)
Feb 11, 2016 Amy (BW) rated it it was amazing
Wow! I almost missed reading a great book because of my fear of one word....POLITICAL! I'm so glad I went through and read some of the reviews and let them sway me. The characters are extremely developed and so easy to love. I found myself wrong so many times when it came to figuring out who was involved. This is one book that will be going on my faves list and be recommended to anyone who asks.
Damona
while i did like this book, i also felt that it was fairly predictable. there were some twists and turns, and it was overall a good read, but still... i saw the ending coming from about a third of the way through, and i was a bit disappointed by that.
Christy
Feb 03, 2014 Christy rated it liked it
It was cute, just a little overwhelmed by all of the elements - special ops, politics, suspense, romantic comedy, love triangles, multiple bad guys, insider betrayal, blackmail. It was good but I don't feel compelled to read anything else by this author.
Tee Morris
Oct 09, 2012 Tee Morris rated it really liked it
This book was surprisingly good. I wasn't sure what to expect as I am unfamiliar with the author. The plot offered romance, deceit, action, politics, and a bit of action. Well done!
Aislynn
Mar 20, 2012 Aislynn rated it really liked it
Madeline is sexy and brilliant - an amazing combination, that everyone seems to underestimate. A published author with a PhD seems to put most men off, except Peter. The one man she is trying to keep her distance from! Running mates in the election for Governor, and exes... can they keep personal and private separate? Or will it be the undoing of both of them?

I really really enjoyed this book. Madeline is probably one of my favorite characters, she's smart, and keeps the men around her on their
Nicole Barnes
May 30, 2014 Nicole Barnes rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, suspense
Between a possible good story line and a not so good story

This author had all the ingredients for a good story, but unfortunately for me she did not quite deliver. It was never quite explained why the main characters broke up 6 years ago. One of the characters is accused of blackmailing??!… Well, unless I missed something while reading, that character did indeed provided a reporter with some incriminating information but I could not say that this qualified has blackmailing. Political and media s
Kaija
Apr 10, 2013 Kaija rated it it was ok
Maria
Dec 26, 2014 Maria rated it liked it
Peter and Madeline relationship was trouble since the beginning. I got lost some times due to my lack of US politics knowledge, but I had no problem in got the romantic flow. I loved the respect and the admiration that Peter always showed Madeline, even in the worst situations. Their love was based on that, their knowledge and acceptance of each other.
Claire
Jan 01, 2014 Claire rated it it was ok
This book is basically about love rekindled, set amongst a political race for governor. I found the story rather uninspiring and dull, and the actual writing was peppered with grammatical errors which I found really annoying. Towards the end I skimmed loads because I just wanted to finish it and get to the rather predictable end.
Disappointing.
Theresa Green
Oct 17, 2011 Theresa Green rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! The characters were great! I thought this was one of the better books that i have read in quite some time. I would highly recomend it!
Sam Gilbert
Nov 16, 2012 Sam Gilbert rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
politics and romance? yeah it was ok but could be better. very informative on American political campaigns, though.
Jill Mumaw
Jill Mumaw rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2013
Amber Bell
Amber Bell rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2013
Rachel Perez
Rachel Perez rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2014
trouble
trouble rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2014
Jennifer Richardson
Jennifer Richardson rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
victoria
victoria rated it it was ok
Oct 02, 2014
Scott
Scott rated it it was ok
Feb 19, 2016
Kara
Sep 27, 2012 Kara rated it did not like it
terrible
Heidi
Heidi rated it it was ok
Sep 29, 2012
Rosyta G
Feb 03, 2013 Rosyta G rated it it was ok
Super lentooo
Astrid
Astrid rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2014
Judy Kolar
Judy Kolar rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2015
  • Any Other Night
  • Amanda's Blue Marine
  • To Take Her Pride
  • Causing A Commotion
  • Family Ties (Sunset Crescent, #1)
  • Unnatural Relations (Lust and Lies, #1)
  • Too Close for Comfort
  • Vittorio's Mistress (Vittorio's Series #3)
  • Wild for Mr. Wrong
  • Dancing with Deception (Avery Family Saga, #1)
  • The Knowing (Gemini Women Trilogy, #1)
  • Glow in the Dark
  • Marry Me, Maddie
  • Tides Of Love (Zebra Historical Romance)
  • Dagger Heart

Scotland Yard Exchange (5 books)
  • The Throwbacks (Scotland Yard Exchange Program #1)
  • The Hot Shots (Scotland Yard Exchange Program #2)
  • The Romantics (Scotland Yard Exchange Program #3)
  • The Beachcombers (Scotland Yard Exchange #4)