Start by marking “Summer's Crossing (Iron Fey, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Summer's Crossing (Iron Fey, #3.5)

Summer's Crossing (The Iron Fey #3.5)

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  17,039 Ratings  ·  1,169 Reviews

A Midsummer's Nightmare?

Robin Goodfellow. Puck. Summer Court prankster, King Oberon's right hand, bane of many a faery queen's existence—and secret friend to Prince Ash of the Winter Court. Until one girl's death came between them, and another girl stole both their hearts.

Now Ash has granted one favor too many and someone's come to collect, forcing the prince to a place

Published October 1st 2011 by MIRA Ink (first published June 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Summer's Crossing, please sign up.

Jessica
Jul 23, 2011 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 24-ebooks
O.M.G.! CANNOT.FREAKIN.WAIT.!

Kristalia
Final rating: 4/5 stars

I really loved this one. This time, the story is told by Robin "Puck" Goodfellow. I always loved Robin, he was always the bright side of the story... And everyone keeps ignoring him :(... And this time, we finally find out his real feelings towards Meghan, and it makes me sad that he never even had a chance.

“I was here for Meghan. Because I loved my princess and I wanted her to be happy. Even if her happiness meant she was with someone else. Even if that someone else wa
Riv
Jun 11, 2011 Riv rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*cover opinion below*
Okay, so I flew through this. I definitely prefer Puck in third person, being written about through Meghan, but this was awesome. A bit predictable in some ways, but so many millions of types of awesome. I ADORE Puck, and am Team Puck for life. This novella hooked me from the first page. Puck isn't awesome. Puck is GREATER than awesome. Puck doesn't learn from awesome. Awesome learns from Puck. Robin Goodfellow makes Chuck Norris wish he was a faerie. While most fey have nig
Steph Sinclair
Jun 01, 2011 Steph Sinclair rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of The Iron Fey series

UPDATE: It's here! http://ebooks.eharlequin.com/D99A5C57...

Puck is my favorite character in The Iron Fey series. So you could just imagine my delight when I first heard about this novella. Honestly, I could barely contain my happiness.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

In this novella Prince "Ice-boy" Ash and Robin "Puck" Goodfellow embark on a new adventure. But first, they have to find a certain cat, Grimalkin. Unfortunately, the exiled Muse Queen comes to call in a favor from Prince Ash. She asks for them to sneak into the S
Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]
One brilliant Goodfellow prank, coming right up.

Summer's Crossing is hilarious. Painfully hilarious. This make me want to be team puck. AGAIN. Well, I always side in the OBVIOUS end up love team but in Iron fey series I’m confused.

Ok here's the pattern:
The Iron King - team ash
The Iron Daughter - team puck
Winter's Passage - team ash
The Iron Queen - team ash
Summer's Crossing - team puck

And after reading this little novella I can’t help but to feel sorry for Puck. He’s hilarious, sweet, prankster,
Sandy
Can I just say, I am a sucker for any kind of novella or excerpt that brings unique character perspectives or unseen action. When I read first-person novels, I CRAVE hearing the thoughts of other characters (especially the love interest!). Naturally, when Julie Kagawa announced Summer's Crossing, a tale told from Puck's perspective, I was beyond excited. I downloaded the book at midnight but forced myself to go to bed so that I could slowly savor every word the next evening.

What thrill to again
A.M Bells
Jun 03, 2011 A.M Bells rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fay, 2011
I found myself sobbing every now and then while reading this.
I am a Team Ash girl but Puck is one fairy boy I dearly love and respect. And after this I respect him even more.
He is one cheeky fairy, prankster and all that, but I think a little of Meghan's humanity robbed off on him.
Having him as a narrator, even just for a little bit, was some treat.
And Ash! Boy oh boy! How long are you going to make me cry because of you?
Ironic how the ice-prince just warms our hearts. ^_^
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE)
Let's go for a walk, shall we?

" My name, one of many, is Robin Goodfellow.
You may have heard of me."

How could I miss that?
That's Puck POV, and Puck's always a red-head, infuriating breath of fresh air, you know?
He's living an adventure with the Icy Prince, remember, Ash.
Well - what else could I want before reading Ash's POV in the Iron Knight? I need a serious preparation, otherwise I'll start to melt on the floor on page 1.

"The last time something like this had happened, Titania had ref
Sinead
Jan 12, 2016 Sinead rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"I loved my princess and I wanted her to be happy. Even if her happiness meant she was with someone else. Even if that someone else as my arch rival. I wanted her to be happy."

Puck is that annoying best friend that you constantly want to strangle, but couldn't imagine life without. I always really loved him in the previous books and I really enjoyed seeing his POV in this short novella. Despite Ash and Meghan's epic love, Puck will always be waiting in the wings for her, ready to be there as he
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
♥ Becky  22

FUNNY as hell and a bit sad, too.

Puck is probably my favorite character in this series and the relationship between him and Ash is one of my favorite things about these books. This novella is AWESOME. And it's written from Puck's POV, so you can be sure to laugh out loud.

Puck and Ash going on an adventure together? Perfect. And hilarious.

When Puck was thinking about Meghan, though, I just wanted to go to the stupid Nevernever and give him a hug.

"Because. He fell in love with my princess."
Annie Brewer
You know, there's comes a time when you read a book and all you want to do is climb inside the book and stay there. Though I have read books with Faery in them...I haven't really read a book solely based on Fae. I always thought Fairies and Faeries were the same. Not? No, they're not. But this is the first series I've read about FAE and my God, I loved it! I honestly can say that if I was ever given a choice to live in a world or series that I loved, this would be it. I would ask nothing more th ...more
Cait
Oh. My. Goodness. I am sooo excited! Now, normally, I am not one of those people that goes nuts over novellas, but after Iron Queen left me practically crying and totally shocked, I just HAVE to read this because for starters it's from Pucks point of view, and he's like my comedic hero, and two it's moving on in the story and not replaying past events so I can learn more about what's happened since Queen! :D Yesss!!

Edit: oohhh the synopsis is up! Looks sooo good! :D

Alright, so here's my actual r
Saniya
Jul 31, 2011 Saniya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Puck =)
Shelves: favorites

Hehe, Puck ;)

You little naughty boy! *evil grin*
I am so Team Puck and I didn't want this book to end! At-last I got some POV of Puck and I loved every single line of it. It was such a fun and cunning adventure and he stayed happy and mischievous all the time. Typical Puck =) And when he revealed Sir Torin as Ash, I was like, "NO way my Puck can do something like that!" And it was true! He didn't!^^
TEAM PUCK FTW! xD

Some quotes which I can totally relate it to Puck:-

"You are what I never knew I
Gilbert&Gomez
Jun 02, 2011 Gilbert&Gomez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, I just read Julie Kagawa's novella that shows a peek of what the dynamic duo, Ash and Puck, shall face on the rode to being with Meghan. We all know that in the last book, The Iron Queen, Meghan Chase, our heroine, became the Queen of the Iron fey, leaving Ash, her love, and Puck, her best friend, behind. The book ends with Ash thinking of his plan to be with Meghan no matter what (aww.) and Puck saying he is tagging alone for the fun (typical Robin)! Well, being the nice person she is, Juli ...more
Charissa Sophia de la Rosa
I really love this book; Puck never fails to make me laugh even if I’m mad (O.O I sound like Meghan). Anyway, by reading this, I can see the POV of Puck between his love triangle with Ash and Meghan. You can see how much he’s suffering, hoping for nothing. He knows Meghan will never return his feelings, but still, he keep hoping, someday that time will come. Isn’t he loyal to her? Nowadays, you’ll rarely see someone as loyal as Puck, but so as the determination of Ash. After reading this, I keep ...more
~Tina~
Ah, there is nothing like going back into Julie Kagawa's world, even if it's only for a short while.

I adore Puck! As much as my heart belongs to Ash, these books just wouldn't have the same measure without the wit and humor our Puck has so this was a real treat to have this in his pov.
Loved it. Want more. Always!

~fidgets impatiently for The Iron Knight~
Dreamer
Bu serinin novellalarını ana kitaplarından daha da fazla seviyor olma ihtimalim var sanırım. Meghan'ın olmadığı bir kitap da ancak bu kadar harika olabilirdi. Puck'ın gözünden okumak da paha biçilemezdi. Ve "güya" ben Puck'ı pek sevmezdim.
This was an okay story, but I did find it dragged a bit. I also found it a bit weird that Meghan wasn't in this story at all really!
Robin (Bridge Four)
What can I say, Puck is one of my favorite characters. He is so much fun and I’m never quite sure what the trickster is going to pull next. That was especially true in this novella set right after The Iron Queen. Puck loves Meghan, Ash loves Meghan but she only has eyes for Ash. However if he wasn’t in the picture could she grow to love Puck. When given an opportunity to betray Ash and maybe win Meghan’s heart what will the Trickster do? Honestly I wasn’t sure myself until the end.

I really liked
Cara
I have been a little too obsessed with this series and right after I had read The Iron Queen I was just itching to read something else but The Iron Knight hadn't come out yet! Oh gosh what is a girl to do, right? Well thankfully Kagawa wrote this, it's available for free here.

This time around the novella centers on Puck and Ash. Ash must pay back a favor and what you know Puck is the person to help him out. It was fun to see things from Puck's perspective. The style is much more light and funny
Kai (Amaterasu Reads)
Original review posted at Amaterasu Reads

In this short but certainly sweet and teasing story, Ash has to fulfill the favor he made with Leanansidhe, and in order to do so, he had to ask for help from the most unlikely of friends, or maybe you can say enemy both in courts and for Meghan, no other than Robin Goodfellow, and pull off a prank right into the heart of the Summer Court.

It was nice getting into Puck's head once in a while. Readers get to take a peek on what is going on through that pl
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)

My review can now also be found on Reading Lark: http://readinglark.blogspot.com/2012/...

I cleared my calendar so that I could devour Summer's Crossing the moment it was released!! This little e-novella was a fun little read that, as we were warned, would be told from Puck's perspective, and would involve a great deal of shenanigans brought to you by who else but Puck!

The following will be just a little spoilery...

At the end of The Iron Queen, Ash vowed that he would find a way to be with Megha
Ifmarybooks
Jun 04, 2011 Ifmarybooks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Summer's Crossing is a novella in the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. The story happens between book 3 and book 4 (The Iron Knight) the last book which is going to be released in october this year.
Julie Kagawa has already written another novella (Winter's Passage). This novella happens between book 1 and book 2. I really enjoyed Winter's Passage but I loved Summer's Crossing even more.
Everybody know that i'm a fervent fan of Puck so reading this novella from his POV was awesome.
This short st
Gabby
i was actually so happy when Ms. Kagawa will make a novella that is told from Puck's POV! I am a solid Team Puck even though Ash is so charming and lovable and sensitive in The Iron Queen i never ever switched to his side.

so what to expect from Puck?
of course we all get the perception that Puck is this Happy go lucky guy who always pulls up some pranks and tricks and always defies King Oberon's rules BUT did you ever see the heart broken side of Puck? kinda hard to believe but yes, in this nov
Tasneem
Jun 03, 2011 Tasneem rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Navdha
Sep 01, 2012 Navdha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh dear Puck, how I love thee.. *sigh*

I had no idea this novella was going to be from our goofy Puck's pov, so when I found out, you could say I was a wee-bit excited. It was as good as I'd ever expected. His tricks never fail to amaze me and this time was no different. In fact, I was seriously impressed. Even if I knew he wouldn't (view spoiler), there was a moment of uncertainty during the second last chapter and I loved it! Loved the suspense, the tricks, Puck's emo
KATTY
May 22, 2016 KATTY rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entretenida, concisa y divertida, esta historia corta (entre el 3º y 4º libro) me ha parecido incluso mejor que el libro anterior. Es una fantástica aventura en la que Robin y Ash son los protagonistas, narrado desde el punto de vista de Robin. Me ha gustado bastante aunque al igual que me pasó con Winter's passage, la historia corta anterior (entre los libros 1º y 2º) la traducción es por fans y aunque es mucho mejor que la anterior, se nota bastante y hace bajar un poco la calidad del texto. p ...more
Zuleeza
Oct 01, 2014 Zuleeza rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

Oh well, this reads more as a filler. I guess that's the purpose of a novella anyway so I shouldn't expect too much out of this.

If I have not been a devout Ash shipper since the first book, I would have probably rooted for Puck after reading this. His voice is so fun to be read! And now I also learned that he's not just a prankster but he is much more than that; he has done the honourable when faced with the tempting offer by Oberon. So hats off, mate!

I can't believe how
Maria Teresa
Apr 26, 2012 Maria Teresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aunque amo a Ash locamente. Puck simplemente me encanta. Verlo ayudar a Ash sin importar eso signifique que no podrá tener ninguna oportunidad con Meghan, me hace quererlo aun más. Es ocurrente y divertido, y aunque es cruel que solo sea el mejor amigo, espero que también tenga su final feliz!
PRLHS Book Club: Summers Crossing 30 16 Apr 24, 2012 01:04PM
So excited! 12 55 Oct 17, 2011 07:18PM
  • Remedial Magic (Faeriewalker, #0.5)
  • Stopping Time (Wicked Lovely, #2.5)
  • Reaper (Soul Screamers, #3.5)
  • The Strange Case of Finley Jayne (Steampunk Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Shadow Days (Nightshade #0.5; Nightshade World #3.5)
  • Retro Demonology (The Demon Trappers, #0.5)
  • Belonging (Darkest Powers, #3.5)
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • Neverfall (Everneath, #1.5)
  • The Goddess Legacy (Goddess Test, #2.5)
  • Cabel's Story (Dream Catcher, #1.1)
  • Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)
  • Adrian's Lost Chapter (Bloodlines, #0.5)
  • Daimon (Covenant, #0.5)

The Iron Fey (7 books)
  • The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
  • The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2)
  • The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3)
  • The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4)
  • The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)
  • The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
  • The Iron Warrior (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #3)

“I would be more than her guardian and her champion and the jester who made her laugh. I would be her everything, if I could. -Puck” 124 likes
“Worry not, ice-boy. I already have a plan.” I flashed him my best impish smile, rubbing my hands together. “One brilliant Goodfellow prank, coming right up.” -puck” 70 likes