Start by marking “Murder in the Pleasure Gardens (Beau Brummell, #4)” as Want to Read:
Murder in the Pleasure Gardens (Beau Brummell, #4)

Murder in the Pleasure Gardens (Beau Brummell #4)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  7 reviews
In the days of Regency England, Beau Brummell stood as the uncrowned king of genteel Society. Whatever he wore was the height of fashion. Wherever he went was the place to be seen. And the last place one would expect to find him was in the middle of a murder mystery.

After one too many distasteful meals at his usual gentleman's club, Beau Brummell opens his own named Watier
Published May 6th 2003 by Berkley Hardcover

To ask other readers questions about Murder in the Pleasure Gardens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder in the Pleasure Gardens

Alice
Book 4, The Beau to the rescue

When a young soldier is falsely accused of murder, Brummell again goes into action. Miss Lavender, the daughter of the Bow Street Inspector, is involved in the case with a larger role than usual, as the Beau becomes more attracted to her. I especially like how these mysteries are told completely from Brummell's view point, seeing the thoughts flit through his head. I am looking forward to book 5.
Audrey
This is the 4th book in the Beau Brummel mystery series by this author, but it is the first book of the series I've read. I enjoyed it, the manners and clothing worn during the regency period of history in England were well described and played a part in the mystery.

I really liked the character of Beau Brummel and I had not trouble believing that the real Beau Brummel would have behaved in the same manner as his fictional counterpart.

The mystery itself was very well written and I had no idea wha
Gloria
At first, this book started out terribly. The atmosphere was forced, the jokes were flat, and the mystery was boring. Then Stevens suddenly turned up the heat in the Brummell/Miss Lavender romance. This happy turn of events managed to jumpstart the entire novel, with the mystery finally taking a few unexpected turns for the better (or worse, depending on your point of view). It all starts when a seemingly upstanding London citizen's body is found dumped in the cascade exhibit in Covent Gardens. ...more
Terri
When I say "currently reading", I mean, "Started last month, put it down, and forgot about it completely". Meh. May never finish it.
Londonmabel Mabel
A nice cozy, enjoyable characters, and a great cat.
Pat
I was very sad to see this series end.
Beth
Best one of the series. I wish there were more!
Sarah Sayre
Sarah Sayre marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Kristen Ray
Kristen Ray marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Tylise Shelton
Tylise Shelton marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Marina
Marina marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Teresa Lange
Teresa Lange marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Lexi
Lexi marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Gall
Gall marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Rosemary Stevens has won the Agatha Award and the Romantic Times Award for Best First Mystery. She has appeared on the IMBA bestseller list several times for her Beau Brummell Mystery Series published in North America by the Penguin Group and in France by EDITIONS DU MASQU
More about Rosemary Stevens...

Beau Brummell (4 books)
  • Death on a Silver Tray (Beau Brummell, #1)
  • The Tainted Snuff Box (Beau Brummell, #2)
  • The Bloodied Cravat (Beau Brummell, #3)
Death on a Silver Tray (Beau Brummell, #1) The Tainted Snuff Box (Beau Brummell, #2) The Bloodied Cravat (Beau Brummell, #3) A Crime of Manners (Cats of Mayfair, #1) How the Rogue Stole Christmas (Cats of Mayfair, #4)