Start by marking “Demi and the Dolphins: A Lesson in Ecology” as Want to Read:
Demi and the Dolphins: A Lesson in Ecology

Demi and the Dolphins: A Lesson in Ecology

Captain Demi is young, smart, and beautiful, but she is also stubborn and selfish. She comes from four generations of tuna fishermen. She is the youngest captain and the only female to have taken over the family business.

New laws governing tuna fishing with nets is making business difficult for her. Her family has been net fishing for generations, why should things have to
Published August 26th 2011 by iUniverse

To ask other readers questions about Demi and the Dolphins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demi and the Dolphins

Karielle
Publisher: iUniverse
Page Count: 98
Source: Print copy from Bohlsen PR for review

Sandra Stiles
I loved this story. I live in Florida about 45 minutes away from the author’s home town. There is nothing I love more than watching dolphins. In this day and age so many people think about money and not the consequences of their actions. The fishing industry is a large one and often we would hear of dolphins and turtles getting trapped in the nets. Laws were put in place to stop the senseless death of these wonderful animals. No everyone likes it or thinks it is necessary. In this story we see a ...more
Mareena
Nov 17, 2011 Mareena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Marine Life Lovers and all animal lovers
Recommended to Mareena by: The Publisher
Captain Demi is the youngest tuna boat captain ever. She is smart, stubborn and as such willing to break the laws protecting dolphins from tuna fishing nets on the ocean. Demi's mind and heart is changed due to the intervention of the mythical god Neptune who turns her into a dolphin so that she can see life from the sea creatures perspective.

I really enjoyed this story written by a ten year old animal lover. It is a wonderful opening lesson on ecology. I give it an A!
Amanda
Apr 18, 2013 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-library
I met the author at my local library and she explained that she wrote this when she was eleven because she had been around animals all her life. I bought the book to support her dream and because I believe in what's it about. It's a cute story that teaches the importance of taking care of our ecosystems and would be great for children and adults alike.
Alyssa Harrell
Sep 19, 2011 Alyssa Harrell added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: own
Alyssa K. Harrell wrote this story when she was ten years old for a homeschool writing project. Alyssa is an animal lover, having grown up around her mom’s veterinary hospital. She has raised many types of baby animals and has a particular passion for horses. Alyssa and her sister, Demi, have been homeschooled since fourth grade and live in Tampa, Florida.
More about Alyssa K. Harrell...