Start by marking “Work Less, Make More” as Want to Read:
Work Less, Make More

Work Less, Make More

3.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  62 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Tired of holding your breath, waiting for exactly the right moment to arrive before you can start living the life you really want? When will it be safe for you to stop working so hard and feeling stressed out, burnt out, and generally dissatisfied with life? When you get married? Promoted? When you retire? It's time to stop waiting and start living. As renowned success coa ...more
Audio, 0 pages
Published September 1st 2000 by Blackstone Audiobooks (first published June 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Work Less, Make More, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Work Less, Make More

Ashley Teagle
Despite some now dated technological references, this book offered some pretty good tips. The work less make more concept isn't just based on money but also on personal satisfaction with life in general.

I really liked the idea of "duplicating," or teaching your employees to do what you do to 1) help you increase productivity and 2) prepare them for a promotion.

The book is full of questionnaires to help guide readers through how to make realistic changes in how you work.

Overall I would recommend
Melissa
Apr 28, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't even really want to read this book, but I needed an audiobook and my options were limited, so I impulsively added it to my overdrive cart and I am so glad I did. You know those books that you will remember reading for the rest of your life? This will be one of them for me. While a lot of the book focuses on people who are entrepreneurs, there are so many amazing tips and lessons for the everyday working individual. I found it so empowering, so much so, that I looked up the author to fin ...more
Practical Mama
Jun 18, 2014 Practical Mama rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've listened to the audiobook version of this book during my commute to/from work. One thing that differentiates this book from other "lifestyle design" books is that, as the author reiterates many times, "make more" portion talks about "making more of your life" rather than "merely making more money".

First part focuses on working less, by various tools and methods, such as eliminating, delegating etc. The second part focuses on making more, while working less or better put working effectively
JennyMae
Mar 18, 2015 JennyMae rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't let the main title dissuade you, there is wisdom and insight in this book that can benefit anyone-no matter what stage of life or work area! Although this book is fundamentally about building wealth (Jennifer does a fantastic job early on, in expanding the definition of wealth to include every facet of life not just money); Work Less, Make More refreshingly provides guidance, advice, and practical exercises for creating a more overall fulfilling life. This is a fantastic read for anyone wh ...more
Anju
Apr 25, 2014 Anju rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I knew most of the facts, it is just that I am too lazy to implement them:-)
F. John
Mar 21, 2012 F. John rated it really liked it
I just listened to this work. This is not the kind of work you listen to in a car while driving. That said that's wwhat I did and got a pretty good overview. But this is an action book and if you want to get the most out of it, you would do well to re-read it and do the exercises.

The author is a success coach. She doesn't hold back in trying to help. She is the epitome of enthusiasm.

I intend to read it again; this time the right way.
Bernadette
Jul 26, 2015 Bernadette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Get a notepad ready and use this book as a workbook.
Alicia
Jul 09, 2013 Alicia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this as a audiobook on overdrive and was pleasantly surprised. I plan to reread this one (a rare task for me). I found the advice to be helpful even though I do not work in the business world. I appreciated that the advice is not a repeat of what I have heard before in other self-help books.
B
Jun 12, 2012 B rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Yada yada yada. Blah blah blah. Not much of a review, eh? I don't completely agree with her approach. There are certainly bits and pieces of organizational strategy I can utilize but being a creative, most of what she had to say, left me apathetic.
Glenn
Oct 19, 2014 Glenn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
Nothing really new to me in this, but the delivery was excellent. The author's years of experience as a coach really shine through.
Jimmy Montaño
Oct 16, 2007 Jimmy Montaño rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bibliovalle
Me gustaron varias de las ideas que propone..tiene ejercicios interesantes, no me alcanzaron los 3 días del préstamo para leerlo todo
Cathy
Feb 24, 2013 Cathy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I stopped reading it halfway because it seemed to be mostly for business owners or high management - not very applicable to me.
Major Doug
Listened to this book: was interesting; would have preferred more examples of how to use techniques in the real world.
Kanisa Baker
Mar 11, 2013 Kanisa Baker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great advice. However it's not effective unless you dive into all if the exercises that take a lot if time.
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Lauren Oertel
Lauren Oertel is currently reading it
May 02, 2016
Jaime
Jaime rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Kristine
Kristine marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Jon Saul
Jon Saul marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Margaret Jennings
Margaret Jennings marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Gaurav Khemani
Gaurav Khemani marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Eric
Eric rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Rajesh
Rajesh marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Anita Pit
Anita Pit marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Twistedtree
Twistedtree marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016