Start by marking “The Second Book of Lost Swords: Sightblinder's Story (Lost Swords, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Second Book of Lost Swords: Sightblinder's Story (Lost Swords, #2)

The Second Book of Lost Swords: Sightblinder's Story (Lost Swords #2)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  1,758 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Long ago, the gods forged Twelve Swords of Power and threw them on the gameboard of life to watch men scramble. But they had forged too well: the Swords could kill the gods themselves.

Now, the gods gone, the Swords are scattered across the land, some held by those of good heart… others by those whose purposes are evil… and one, Sightblinder, held by Arnfinn, a young countr
Published November 1st 1987 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about The Second Book of Lost Swords, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Second Book of Lost Swords

Matthew
I'm not sure why I keep reading this series. The writng is pedantic. There's so many interesting possibilities that could be done with the swords and their abilities (and restrictions), yet very little happens. The characters mainly just wander around, say they're "confused by this new and mysterious turn of events"; and eventually have a minor battle at the conclusion of the book.

Same as last book. Probably the same as the next book.
Brent
Not as good as I remembered. The premise has stuck with me for over twenty years, but upon re-reading, the lack of charter development really hindered my enjoyment of this series.
Patricia Hamill
In The Second Book of Lost Swords: Sightblinder's Story, Saberhagen finally gives a name and a face to the Ancient One introduced in the First Book of Lost Swords: Woundhealer's Story to the realm of the Swords.

This story follows Yambu, Zoltan and Ben as they attempt to use Sightblinder, a god forged sword that causes it's bearer to take on the appearance of the most loved (or hated) figures in the imaginations of those who behold him (or her), to save Mark of Tasavalta from a mysterious wizard
Onefinemess
This book starts off with probably my least liked plot device EVER – a kidnapping. If you’ve ever talked books with me, you may have heard me swear up and down about how much I hate kidnappings – because they inevitably just waste time. Character is kidnapped, hundreds or pages are wasted on the rescue, plot continues. You always know they will be rescued, so the way is just interminable to me. I know, I’m impatient.

That being said, there are a few times when kidnappings work. There was one in p
Kate
Don
Totally enjoyed the entire series. Classic Fantasy!
Melissa
The titles of these books is misleading because it's not really "Sightblinder's Story". It's just a continuation of the characters from the first trilogy. Even though I enjoyed it, this book annoyed me because Sightblinder is different than in previous books. The idea of the person holding the sword shape-shifting in front of people's eyes almost continuously for no apparent reason is lame.
Christopher Murphy
The fight between Shieldbreaker and Sightblinder is what makes this volume three stars rather than two :D
Tanglebones
Another one of Saberhagen's (such a perfect name for this series!) Swords books; this one drags in places, and I don't feel particularly invested in Zoltan, one of the PoV characters. Ben and the Silver Queen are much more interesting characters, and don't get enough screen time.
Alex
see first book of swords for my review of the series. Its been a while so I may blunder but I seem to recall there weren't any exceptions to the awesomeness outside of the fact that the first three were a little slower than the rest.
Mariana
Again, I liked the characters in this book. Also in this volume, many people band together to overthrow the bad guy. There was no one hero.
Bradley
I like these swords of power series. Very fun and often intriguing. =)
Justin Salisbury
This is a rather odd fantasy setting, but I really enjoy these books.
Shawn Oetzel
These are satifying if not overly complicated reads.
Redraven
Redraven marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Brett
Brett added it
Aug 09, 2015
  • The Armies of Daylight (Darwath, #3)
  • Conan the Liberator (Book 14)
  • Count Brass (Chronicles of Castle Brass, #1)
  • Swords in the Mist (Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser, #3)
  • Wurm War (OutCast, #4)
  • Flashing Swords! #1
  • The Secular Wizard (Wizard in Rhyme, #4)
  • Mythology 101
  • The Warrior Lives (Guardians of the Flame #5)
  • Realms of the Underdark (Forgotten Realms: Anthologies, #4)
  • The Misenchanted Sword
  • Doom of the Darksword  (The Darksword Trilogy, #2)
  • Child of the River

Lost Swords (8 books)
  • The First Book of Lost Swords: Woundhealer's Story (Lost Swords, #1)
  • The Third Book of Lost Swords: Stonecutter's Story (Lost Swords, #3)
  • The Fourth Book of Lost Swords: Farslayer's Story (Lost Swords, #4)
  • The Fifth Book of Lost Swords: Coinspinner's Story (Lost Swords, #5)
  • The Sixth Book of Lost Swords: Mindsword's Story (Lost Swords, #6)
  • The Seventh Book of Lost Swords: Wayfinder's Story (Lost Swords, #7)
  • The Last Book of Swords: Shieldbreaker's Story (Lost Swords, #8)
The First Book of Swords (Books of Swords, #1) Berserker (Berserker, #1) The Second Book of Swords (Books of Swords, #2) The Complete Book of Swords (Books of Swords, #1-3) The Lost Swords: The First Triad (Lost Swords, #1-3)