Start by marking “Spiritual Serendipity: Cultivating and Celebrating the Art of the Unexpected” as Want to Read:
Spiritual Serendipity: Cultivating and Celebrating the Art of the Unexpected

Spiritual Serendipity: Cultivating and Celebrating the Art of the Unexpected

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The word serendipity was coined by the eighteenth-century British writer Horace Walpole, who defined it as "that quality of mind which, through awareness, sagacity, and good fortune, allows one to frequently discover something good while seeking something else." It is an attitude of mind and heart that attracts and enhances joy. As a mental approach, serendipity can energi ...more
Paperback
Published by Fireside Books (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Spiritual Serendipity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spiritual Serendipity

Lincia Walters
Spiritual serendipity was written in 1983 but was one of the most applicable and timeless books I've read in a long while. Richard Eyre's advice need to be taken by the vast majority of today's contemporary adults.

Built on the principles of watching, thinking, listening and praying, this book did for me exactly what it promised it would do at the beginning which was to change my perspective or paradigm of the people, circumstances and events in my life which ultimately determine how I feel.

It
Christina
I appreciated this perspective. loved the story of "the Three Princes of Serendip". Too much poetry. Think their book Lifebalance may be more what I am looking for.
Meggin
I had a hard time getting through this one; in fact, I didn't actually finish it. I enjoyed the fable of "The Three Princes of Serendip," but not so much the author's commentary on it. Though the premise was good, I felt the author kept saying the same things again and again. I felt like I got the gist of the book by reading the first 100 pages, I didn't feel the need to continue through the last 120!
Alysia
Dec 30, 2008 Alysia marked it as to-read
I am returning to this book right now because there is a lot of uncertainty in our future, and it is one of the factors that is helping me stay positive and hopeful. I feel like we are being led an a great adventure, and that following intution and inspiration will lead us to be right where we are meant to be. That is even more exciting and blessed than achieving our best laid plans.
Judy
The subtitle of this book is "Cultivating and Celebrating the Art of the Unexpected." While interesting, especially the retelling of the Fable of Serendip (the former name of Sri Lanka and the place name that forms the root of the word "serendipity"), this book didn't have much to offer that seemed new or particularly insightful.
Janene
A wonderful help for enriching your life.
Scott
One of my all-time favorite books!
Janelle Phipps
Janelle Phipps marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Kim Robertson
Kim Robertson marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Mandy
Mandy added it
Apr 21, 2014
Marie-jo
Marie-jo marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
Nasim
Nasim added it
Aug 04, 2013
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Marie Feinauer
Marie Feinauer marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2013
Meka Isom
Meka Isom marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2013
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
May 24, 2013
Ariana Pedigo
Ariana Pedigo marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2013
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2013
Blythe
Blythe marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Peter
Peter marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
As writers, lecturers, and grassroots and media catalysts, Linda and Richard Eyre's mission statement is: FORTIFY FAMILIES by Popularizing Parenting, Validating Values, and Bolstering Balance. Their latest efforts in these directions are their new books, The Happy Family (St. Martins Press,), Empty Nest Parenting (Bookcraft,) and The Book of Nurturing (McGraw Hill,), and their regular appearances ...more
More about Richard Eyre...
The Entitlement Trap: How to Rescue Your Child with a New Family System of Choosing, Earning, and Ownership 5 Spiritual Solutions for Everyday Parenting Challenges Life Before Life: Origins of the Soul...Knowing Where You Came from and Who You Really Are Harold Pinter: A Celebration The Turning: Why the State of the Family Matters, and What the World Can Do About it