Start by marking “Vampire Wake (Kiera Hudson Series One, #2)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Wake (Kiera Hudson Series One, #2)

Vampire Wake (Kiera Hudson Series One #2)

4.22  ·  Rating Details ·  1,695 Ratings  ·  116 Reviews
Since escaping from The Ragged Cove and finding herself suspended from the police force, Kiera Hudson is hired by the mysterious Lady Hunt to protect her 16-year-old daughter from a stranger she believes is lurking on the moors. But little does Kiera know that it is she who will need protecting.

Arriving at the Hallowed Manor on the desolate Welsh Moors, Kiera soon realises
Published September 16th 2011 by Tim O'Rourke (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Wake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Wake

Flat-Out Love by Jessica ParkOn the Island by Tracey Garvis-GravesLove Unscripted by Tina ReberReason to Breathe by Rebecca DonovanSignificance by Shelly Crane
Greatest hidden EBOOKS
146th out of 1,371 books — 1,753 voters
Angelfall by Susan EeBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireThe Vampire Hunter's Daughter by Jennifer Malone WrightEmber by Madison DanielBirthright by Willow Cross
Best Independent Novels
451st out of 2,472 books — 3,423 voters

More lists with this book...

A Book Vacation
Dec 25, 2013 A Book Vacation rated it it was amazing
Tim O’Rourke is an amazing author. I’ve read all five of his novels and, like a fine wine, his novels just keep getting better with time. Every single one of his novels have grabbed my attention and glued me to the pages, and Vampire Wake is no different. The second book in the Kiera Hudson trilogy, O’Rourke creates a deliciously creepy tale continuing the story of Kiera, Luke, Potter, and Murphy, while adding new characters along the way.

I really loved this novel. I love vampires in general, b
Greta is Erikasbuddy
Oct 04, 2011 Greta is Erikasbuddy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everybody!!
Good gah that was awesome!!

This book left me guessing up until the very end. Sure, there were a couple things that I figured out but ZOMG I was expecting this and that and this and oh THAT and THIS!! Jeepers!!!

Vampire Wake kinda had a Scooby Doo vibe to it but I guess most mystery books do. I kept expecting the Mystery Machine to pull up or for them to pull a mask off someone's head but never the less this book was most awesome!

Kiera is back in Hobbit Land with her Mini that got pulled out of th
Michelle  novelsontherun
Sep 24, 2011 Michelle novelsontherun rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fave-books
RATING: 5 POTTER STARS!!

6 Months have passed since Kiera Hudson left The Ragged Cove. Seeing is believing and Doc Keats and the rest of the Police Force didn’t see what went down at The Ragged Cove, she did. Nobody seems to want to believe that vampires were the reason for the deaths and missing people. Kiera has to prove to the Doc her sanity on a weekly basis, if she wants her badge back.

The past 6 months haven’t changed her story, what do they want her to say? One way to shut the Doc up is t
Anna Lynn Portwood
Oct 10, 2011 Anna Lynn Portwood rated it it was amazing
WOW... AGAIN! THIS BOOK WAS SO GREAT. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK. DYING TO FIND OUT HOW IT ENDS!... BUT NOW I'M TORN BETWEEN LUKE & POTTER. SOMETHING ABOUT POTTER NOT THINKING HE'D BE GOOD ENOUGH IS SUPER SEXY. LOL.
Darkfallen
Oct 05, 2011 Darkfallen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-n-reviewed
That

Was

AWESOME!
Awesome wrapped in chocolate...and then dunked in blood. *winks*

Kiera is back at it. Finding herself back in the middle of blood thirsting danger, and again without a cell phone! Who is she gonna call to save her? No one. Well that is until she DOES get her hands on a phone and then even that back fires on her.

But hold on...you look confused. Let me rewind. Rewind to the part where Kiera is suspended from the force and has been living out the last six months in work appointed the
Sarah Oxford
Book two was a good deal better than book one and now I can officially say that I'm hooked!
There is something quite cliche about the settings and scenarios in one sense. In book 1 it was a creepy deserted village and in book 2 it's manor house full of secrets and strange people in the middle of nowhere. It kind of feels like I've fallen into a murder mystery/horror show. But that is actually one of the things I love about this series! I don't know if the author is British or not but it has a rea
Katrina
Oct 31, 2012 Katrina rated it it was amazing
Tim O' Rourke has gotten me under his spell with this series. As each book unwinds - The more mystery and intrigue and twists and turns are thrown in. Just as you think you know what ' s going to happen, Tim throws in yet another curve ball , that will not only leave your fingers twitching but your heart aching for Kiera but also angry at the betrayal within.

Tim O’Rourke has a no drama in delivering delicious hot guys, smexy, - kick arse, tough, rough yet witty and delightfully delicious hotties
Caroline Barker
Oct 01, 2012 Caroline Barker rated it really liked it
Vampire Wake is a brilliant book. With Keira back at Havensfield she is trying to come to terms with what happened at The Ragged Cove and get her life back on track. However, this is not as simple as it sounds! To begin with, there are not many people who believe her story and, therefore, her mind is occupied with trying to find any information she can on the whereabouts of her beloved mother and her Vampyrus friends: Luke, Murphy and Potter.

She is then asked to 'babysit' Lady Hunt's sixteen yea
Stacy Eaton
Oct 10, 2011 Stacy Eaton rated it it was amazing
As I started reading Vampire Wake, the second book in the Kiera Hudson series, I wondered just where the author, Tim O’Rourke would take me on the journey. I was happily surprised to find how the book started out and even more surprised to see where the book ended.

As the pages turned, I began to see deeper into the story that Mr. O’Rourke has designed in his vampire world. While the first book in the series, Vampire Shift was a 4 star read in my book, I quickly found myself much more intrigued i
Ronda
Apr 13, 2012 Ronda rated it really liked it
A second fulfilling book from Tim O'Rourke...

Kiera is spectacular, I love her character and this book is giving us a hint of what she is truly going to become. The mystery of her mother still looms over us but this time it is also giving us a hint of why this mystery simply is!

The characters in this book, Mr. Hunt, Kiera's mum, and (without spoiling things) a new arrival's parent, all have a part to play and yet we haven't met them yet... Kiera and her two new 'related' friends are going to beco
Talk Supe
Apr 07, 2012 Talk Supe rated it it was amazing
Horrific. Terrifying. Grotesque. Waking nightmares.

These are Tim's words that are apt to describe this book if not the series. The editing is superb, hats off to Carolyn M. Pinard for that, plus Mr. O'Rourke's writing is masterful. It's how the words flow, it's not dumb nor is it overly smart, it the way everything was put together that makes it easy on the eyes and my brain to process. The last book I've breezed through without [almost] blinking was Silence (Becca Fitzpatrick) and Chronicles of
Novels On The Run
Sep 20, 2011 Novels On The Run rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fave-books
MICHELLE'S REVIEW:

RATING: 5 POTTER STARS!!

Books
Nov 16, 2013 Books rated it really liked it
Compared to the first book in this series – which I was absolutely crazy about – this one left me feeling a little bit disappointed. It had none of the suspense, the pizzazz, or that unique eeriness O’Rourke managed to maintain so effectively during the first book, Vampire Shift. Not being a fan of vampire-themed books anymore (with the exception of Charlaine Harris’s Sookie Stackhouse novels which will always remain a firm favorite with me), I fell in love with this series because it’s so ...more
Jenn
Nov 10, 2012 Jenn rated it really liked it
For some reason this one took me a bit to get into. Probably because there is a small lapse in time (six months) and it's the first time you ever really see Kiera on her own. How is she coping with being sent to mandatory psych sessions to go back to active duty and her feelings about her therapist? How is she feeling about Luke, and the others too?

Then Kiera gets sent off on what really is basically a babysitting job, and the world kind of explodes about halfway through. From there, things just
Jeana Green
Oct 15, 2011 Jeana Green rated it it was amazing
I am absolutely loving this series. The first book was awesome so of course I couldn't wait to read Vampire Hunt. It left me in agony having to wait for the third book Vampire Hunt! I admire Tim O'Rourke's uniqueness and creativity. His ability to tell the story and keep you on your toes is superb! Love Love Love him!! I finished the first 2 books in just a couple of days because I just couldn't put them away. Halloween can't come soon enough for the next installment. I will be reading this ...more
Kim
Sep 22, 2012 Kim rated it it was amazing
The continuation of Kieras story, and I loved it. I was so eager to progress in the story that I found I was pressing the page turn button on my kindle before I had finished reading the page. I became quite irritated with myself, but goes to show how much I was engrossed in the story.
I only occasionally bother to download the second book in a series and think this is the first time I have made it to the third!! I have to find out what happens. I love all the characters (particularly Potter, swee
Apageaway
Jan 24, 2012 Apageaway rated it it was amazing
Vampire Wake is the second book in the Kiera Hudson series by Tim O’Rourke. I wasn’t sure if it was possible for the second book to be as good as the first. I was wrong. In the second book Kiera thinks she is getting a break away from her worries and problems only to find out she is put in the middle of an even worse situation than before. Kiera finds out more about the Vampyrus and in turn more about herself and her gifts. I loved this book. It was suspenseful from beginning to end. I often had ...more
Amy Dark Night Reads
Jan 10, 2012 Amy Dark Night Reads rated it really liked it
I have to say, after reading the first book, while I did like it I wasn't sure if I wanted to read another. I'm glad I did. I really enjoyed book 2 more. I think in book 1 it was very confusing trying to figure out what was going on, but now that you know who and what everyone is, it just makes the story even better. I like Luke, I liked him in book 1, but even though Potter was so mean in book 1 something my mother used to say popped into my head, "Boys are usually mean to you when really they ...more
Claire
Jan 23, 2013 Claire rated it it was amazing
I read this book when it came out in 2011 but didn't realise I hadn't done a review. After Kiera flees from the Ragged Cove she finds herself looking after Lady Hunt's daughter, where we first meet Kayla. Where Kiera still has feelings for Luke but Potter comes onto the scene and makes her look at him in a totally different way, Yay Love Potter!! I've read all the books in the series so far and they're still as fantastic as this one and leaves us well not patiently but waiting for the next one ...more
Sara
May 09, 2012 Sara rated it really liked it
Surprising to me, I have really enjoyed this series so far. This is a great vampire story full of mystery. I like how Kiera "sees" things, yet it takes until the end for her to put all the pictures together and see what she had been missing for the whole picture. We ddn't hear much from Luke or Potter, but they were there all along, and I am anxious to see what happens between Kiera and them. This is one of the better vampire stories/series out there!
Marcy Droog
Oct 12, 2012 Marcy Droog rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!! Excellent book! At first it sort of dragged because there was so much "extra" detail being given about things that seemed not important, like Kiera's therapist....however, once Kiera got to the Mannor the story quickly picked up it's pace and all those details started turning on those lightbulbs in my head.....OH! NOW I "SEE" IT! LOL
AND! OMG! Totally didn't see the Potter thing coming AT ALL!!! WOW!
I can't wait to start Vampire Hunt!!!!
Jenn Green
May 01, 2012 Jenn Green rated it it was amazing
As a lover & addict of vampire stories I thought I had seen it all...... boy was I wrong. Its always refreshing to see someone breathe new life into a genre & flip it on its back. This is one of those series. Loved everything about it & the sequel was even better than the first one. Im actually finding myself falling for Potter LOL Im hoping he gets some more lovin in the next book, LOVE this series!!!!
Tanya
Dec 07, 2012 Tanya rated it it was amazing
Oh my oh my oh my.....Potterrrrrr!!

I seriously love this guy! I thought I was a fan of Luke but now I'm like sorry Luke who??

Second in the series, which continues on from book one. Kiera is off the force and is employed by Lady Hunt to look after her troubled daughter Kayla. Potter, Luke & Murphy seem to have disappeared and Kiera is obsessed with finding them. Little does she know what's coming...

Excellent second book in the series by a fab author!
Nikki Ritchie
Jun 09, 2012 Nikki Ritchie rated it really liked it

A good read. Alot different to other vampire series i have read. The imagination of the author is amazing. The way he writes can take you to the world described in the series. I was suprised at the feelings i have for the characters that i cheer on or hope will see a bloody end. The author has done for me what only one other series has done and that is to take me there and care about Keria and luke and thier friends. Well done i say. A great read!
Jane Doe
Aug 20, 2012 Jane Doe rated it really liked it
Another great story in this series! Can't wait to start book 3. Really liked how she didn't just say "okay" that's how I am now, when she got more information about herself. She recognized that she didn't really know who she was at the moment and will need some time to figure it out. Nice twists and turns, some I saw coming but then the author added some heat in a different direction. Loved it!
Amber Kendall
Jul 30, 2015 Amber Kendall rated it it was amazing
Oh yay book 2 didn't disappoint!

Wow! I couldn't put this book down! All of your favorite characters are back in this book plus some new people. This is fun adventure filled mystery that will leave you on the edge of your seat. Looking forward to book 3!! Great series, must read. And the attraction between done of the characters will leave you hot.
Rebecca Saxton
May 13, 2013 Rebecca Saxton rated it really liked it
This book continues with Kiera Hudson after she returns from Ragged Cove. I enjoyed this book much more than the first one due to the evolution of Hudsons character as well as others. Again, a very fast paced books and a lot of fun. I also enjoy the aspect of the Vammpyrus against the Vampires.
I would recommend this for anyone looking for a fun, quick read.
Shawn
Dec 30, 2011 Shawn rated it it was amazing
OMG Tim!
I couldn't put this novel down. Its been a while since I read the first one, but as soon as I started this I remembered the characters and fell in love with them all again. I think my favorites are Kiera and Luke, although Potter makes me laugh and Murphy at the end I actually got teary eyed.

I am going to go ahead and buy the next one and start it now.

Great job Tim!
Monique Grasso
Sep 17, 2012 Monique Grasso rated it it was amazing
Ok - I did not think this series could get any better - loved the introduction of new characters in this book. The twists in this book are fabulous.... I want to tell you, I read this plus the next two books all day on Sunday and finished at 3am this morning!
Lisa
Dec 06, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-fav-author
This is the second book in a FANTASTIC series by a very talented author.Things are not what they seem and this book will leave you wanting more!!!!!!!Tim does not disappoint .....he will leave you speechless.
FREE AUDIO DOWNLOAD COMPETITION 1 2 Sep 15, 2015 05:14AM
  • The Vampires' Birthright (Dying of the Dark #2)
  • The Vampire's Curse (Undead in Brown County, #2)
  • Blood Passage (Blood Destiny, #2)
  • Destined to Die (The Briar Creek Vampires #3)
  • Stunner (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #0.75)
  • Moonspun (Wicked Games, #3.6)
  • Encala (Heku #3)
  • Deceived (Gwen Sparks, #2)
  • The Gates (Resistance, #2)
  • Pretty When She Dies (Pretty When She Dies, #1)
  • Love is Fear (Valerie Dearborn, #2)
  • Tempt (Ava Delaney, #3)
  • WitchCraft (Witchblood, #2)
  • Enchanted Immortals (Enchanted Immortals, #1)
  • Vampire Love Story (Vampire Love Story, #1)
4193568
Tim is the author of over sixty books including the No 1 bestselling 'Kiera Hudson Series', 'Samantha Carter - Vampire Seeker Series', 'The Sydney Hart Mysteries', 'The Moon Trilogy, and 'The Mechanic' among other titles.

Tim is currently working on new Kiera Hudson books and other works.

Don't be shy; feel free to contact Tim at any of the following:

Email: Kierahudson91@aol.com

Website: www.timorour
More about Tim O'Rourke...

Kiera Hudson Series One (9 books)
  • Vampire Shift (Kiera Hudson Series One, #1)
  • Vampire Hunt (Kiera Hudson, #3)
  • Vampire Breed (Kiera Hudson Series One #4)
  • Vampire Hollows (Kiera Hudson Series One #5)
  • Kiera Hudson Series One: Books 1 & 2 (Kiera Hudson Series One #1-2)
  • Kiera Hudson Series One (Kiera Hudson Series One #1-6)
  • Kiera Hudson Series One: Books 3 & 4 (Kiera Hudson Series One #3-4)
  • Kiera Hudson Series One: Books 4.5 & 5 (Kiera Hudson Series One #4.5-5)

“Oh no?" he sneered, pulling a packet of cigarettes from his pocket and lighting one up. "Knowing what you're like, the slightest sign of a discarded cigarette butt and you would've been crawling around on your hands and knees trying to figure out how tall the smoker was, how old he was, what zodiac sign he was, whether he'd taken a crap that morning, and Christ knows what else.” 0 likes