Start by marking “Naked Fashion: The New Sustainable Fashion Revolution” as Want to Read:
Naked Fashion: The New Sustainable Fashion Revolution

Naked Fashion: The New Sustainable Fashion Revolution

Naked Fashion invites you to join the movement of consumers, entrepreneurs, and creative professionals who are using their purchasing power, talents, and experience to make fashion more sustainable.

Anyone with an active interest in fashion and where our clothes come from or looking for a career in fashion and the media will find inspiration and advice on how to make a diff
Published April 10th 2012 by New Internationalist (first published September 8th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Naked Fashion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naked Fashion

Mariana
Aug 20, 2012 Mariana rated it it was amazing
This is a must read for anyone that is into fashion or wants to be in the fashion industry. I'm a fashion design and merhandising major and through the program at my school I've been exposed to a world that I would have never known about with just being a regular consumer. For myself reading this book and knowing that there are so many people fighting for one amazing cause to rebuild a sense of humanity around the world is astonishing to me. Knowing that corporations honestly condone the fact th ...more
Katherine
Dec 08, 2016 Katherine rated it liked it
This books reads like a glossy catalogue. I thought it would be more of a memoir, but it's just one page entries of interviews with people who have collaborated with people tree and lots of color photos of their clothing. I wish the book was more comprehensive and talked about fair trade fashion in general, not just what people tree is doing.
HBalikov
Mar 20, 2013 HBalikov rated it really liked it
You have seen the headlines: Workers killed in sweatshop disasters; streams polluted with fabric dye; apparel employees paid less than subsistence wages; and at least a million are poisoned by pesticides that are deemed necessary to grow the cotton which is used in apparel. The author does not believe that such events are inevitable in creating fashion and apparel.

Safia Minney knows how to put together words and pictures to dramatize her point that fashion and apparel can survive, even thrive,
Leone
Mar 24, 2014 Leone rated it it was amazing
Fast Fashion is harmful to people and the planet. We know this and yet consumers seem to have few choices. This book reminds us of why we need to look for ethical fashion, how to be involved in the industry and where to look. It highlights the many people already involved in ethical fashion with lots of thought provoking stories from people in the fashion industry.
April Stanley
Jan 06, 2013 April Stanley rated it it was amazing
I really liked the information supplied by Minney in this book. I feel that she makes a serious effort to help the reader understand the need for social responsibility and sustainability in the fashion industry. The question and answer sessions with professionals in the industry paint a more realistic picture of the changes that are occuring and those yet to come.
emma
Oct 13, 2013 emma rated it it was amazing
Shelves: home-to-be, nonfic
This is such a beautiful book, full of incredible photographs, wonderful interviews and so much more! Educational (for basics though... I knew everything already, but I'm glad we bought it. ) for everyone interested in fashion.
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2017
Esther Wenger
Esther Wenger rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2013
Maryam
Maryam rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2016
Chloe
Chloe rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2014
Kira
Kira rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2013
Saaga
Saaga rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2015
Laura Brown
Laura Brown rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2016
Katrina Rodabaugh
Katrina Rodabaugh rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2015
Mieke
Mieke rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2015
Emma Power
Emma Power rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2016
Semiblanca
Semiblanca rated it it was ok
Jul 15, 2013
Trish
Trish rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2013
Madelaine
Nov 12, 2011 Madelaine rated it really liked it
An interesting,fresh look at fashion.
Belinda
Belinda rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2012
Cato
Cato rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2012
Ashlee
Ashlee rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2013
Bieneke Slagt
Bieneke Slagt rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2012
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2011
Minnu
Minnu rated it really liked it
May 08, 2016
Aura
Aura rated it did not like it
Jul 13, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2012
Luciana Teixeira
Luciana Teixeira rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2016
Katie Jones
Katie Jones rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2015
  • To Die For: Is Fashion Wearing Out the World?
  • How to Set Up and Run a Fashion Label
  • The Fashion Designer Survival Guide: Start and Run Your Own Fashion Business
  • Global Girlfriends: How One Mom Made It Her Business to Help Women in Poverty Worldwide
  • Marketing Fashion: Portfolio Series
  • The Poor Will Be Glad: Joining the Revolution to Lift the World Out of Poverty
  • Red Letters: Living a Faith That Bleeds
  • One: How Many People Does It Take to Make a Difference?
  • Orphan Justice: How to Care for Orphans Beyond Adopting
  • Fixing Fashion: Rethinking the Way We Make, Market and Buy Our Clothes
  • The Bathhouse: A Novel
  • A Designer's Research Manual: Succeed in Design by Knowing Your Clients and What They Really Need
  • Basics Fashion Design 01: Research and Design
  • A History of Costume
  • No Greater Love
  • Orphanology: Awakening to Gospel-Centered Adoption and Orphan Care
  • Style Yourself
  • The Empire of Fashion: Dressing Modern Democracy
Safia Minney is founder and CEO of Fair Trade and sustainable fashion label People Tree. Safia has turned a lifelong interest in environment, trade and social justice issues into an awardwinning social business. Safia is widely regarded as a leader in the Fair Trade movement and has been awarded Outstanding Social Entrepreneur by the World Economic Forum’s Schwarb Foundation and an MBE for her wor ...more
More about Safia Minney...

“It's just so impressive to see how the women have used making Fair Trade clothes to escape poverty and empower themselves and their children. - Emma Watson” 2 likes