Start by marking “The Haunting (Forbidden Doors, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Haunting (Forbidden Doors, #4)

The Haunting (Forbidden Doors #4)

Scott and Rebecca’s greatest enemy, the Ascension Lady, has come to Becka for help.

She wants to hold a séance to free the spirit of a little girl who has been haunting an old mansion in town. After a series of eerie experiences, Becka and Scott begin to wonder if it really is a ghost haunting the old mansion in town…or demons.

Follow Rebecca and Scott as they find themselve
Published May 25th 2001 by Tyndale Kids (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Haunting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Haunting

Aqua Xian
Jan 06, 2010 Aqua Xian rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
I learned from this book that the devil is very powerful, but God is in a WAY higher DIMENSION, let alone class, than the devil and we should fully rely on God- F.R.O.G. I was reminded to always wear polished, sturdy armor in great working condition- for God comes "like a theif in the night", without warning, to execute judgement. But this book isn't a preacher's sermon about Hell. This gripping and fast-paced, freak-you-out, edge-of-the-seat-and-falling-off novel is great for everone, even if y ...more
aMandalin
Jan 16, 2009 aMandalin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-it
My Favorite of the Forbidden Door series! It shows so well that Christians MUST wear armor spiritually!
Whitaker
Dec 10, 2010 Whitaker rated it liked it
A really great book shows us how everything is great and worth to die for
Kurami Rocket
Oct 17, 2015 Kurami Rocket rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-books
3.7
This was a very good and fast paced book. It had me not wanting to stop reading because I just had to know what happened next! This is definitely by far one of the toughest battles Becka and Scott face!

What I really enjoyed was how this book showed how deceptive and malicious satan's demons can be. And how their lies can be very enticing and convincing enough to entangle you in their webs of deciet. Luckily, though, through the power of God and Jesus, you can fight back and defend yourself.
Jerry
Jun 07, 2013 Jerry rated it really liked it
A Quickie Review

I started this series early this year, but it took me months to get my hands on more volumes of Forbidden Doors. As with the first three books, this one deals with spiritual warfare, which is a rather creepy subject. It also discusses what truly being a Christian is, and why it is wrong to plot revenge. Anyone who has enjoyed these books up to this point will find plenty to love about this fourth entry in the series.

Content Concerns: The subject matter--demons--is inherently cree
Justin Felgar
Oct 25, 2015 Justin Felgar rated it it was amazing
This isnt a review of this installment in the series but a review of the series itself. THESE BOOKS ARE PHENOMINAL!!! Well written and very entertaining, these books reveal the truth, the real truth, behind the supernatural. From ghosts to aliens, these books will show the readers the real powers behind the paranormal, and the only Power that can defeat them. Fans of Frank Perretti, Ted Dekker and the X-Files will love these books. They are simply astounding.
Ellie
Oct 19, 2007 Ellie rated it liked it
Recommends it for: christians who like mystery
When I first picked up this book, I thought I was picking up a supernatural mystery dealing with demons. Since this was my first Bill Myers novel, I had no idea it definitely was a religious book. This book is definitely suspenseful and perfect for any teen or adult who wants a mystery that has a religious aspect to it.
joyce lynn
Aug 01, 2007 joyce lynn rated it liked it
i So hope they're are NOT really demons in this world like that, BUT ... since i've actually seen some humans who come close themselves to acting like that ...

it unfortunately would NOT surprise me if the other kind are already walking this earth also. 8^(

good read for a youth, or a "babe in Christ", wanting to learn about the occult and such SAFELY
HADIER
Aug 06, 2013 HADIER rated it really liked it
it didn't differ much than any American horror movie in that idea ,
all are similar to each other but I have to admit that it's exciting and I finished it in hours,I couldn't leave it till finishing it .
Patrick Cox
Oct 30, 2014 Patrick Cox rated it it was amazing
One of the best of the series so far. Out of the frying pan and into the fire as Becca, Scott, Ryan and the rest of the gang battle Satan and his demons in a haunted house mystrery.
Sam
Sam rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2016
Hyalineaquas
Hyalineaquas rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2007
Michele
Michele rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2010
Shadow
Shadow rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2008
Siobhan
Siobhan rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2008
Jean
Jean rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2014
Marie
Marie rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2008
Dani
Dani rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2014
Bethany
Bethany rated it it was ok
May 15, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2008
Amber
Amber rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2012
Ice
Ice rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2015
Thomas Doscher
Thomas Doscher rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2014
Caitlin Schesser
Caitlin Schesser rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2013
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2014
Terebis
Terebis rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2013
Caren
Caren rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2014
Ruth King
Ruth King rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2015
Chaz
Chaz rated it it was ok
Jul 28, 2012
Margaret
Margaret rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Uplink from the Underground: Showtime for Vicki (Left Behind: The Kids, #24)
  • Sweet Dreams (Christy Miller, #11)
  • The Tombs of Anak (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #3)
  • Arin's Judgment (Adventures in Odyssey: Passages, #2)
Bill Myers was born into a Christian home, and although as a child he became bored with Christianity, he decided at the University of Washington quote, to "make God my boss." Ironically, at the University his worst subject was writing. He claims to have prayed, and said that he would be able to do anything for God, except write. Even so, he has become a prominent Christian writer, and has a large ...more
More about Bill Myers...

Forbidden Doors (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Society (Forbidden Doors, #1)
  • The Deceived (Forbidden Doors, #2)
  • The Spell (Forbidden Doors, #3)
  • The Guardian (Forbidden Doors, #5)
  • The Encounter (Forbidden Doors, #6)
  • The Curse (Forbidden Doors, #7)
  • The Undead (Forbidden Doors, #8)
  • The Scream (Forbidden Doors, #9)
  • The Ancients (Forbidden Doors, #10)
  • The Wiccan (Forbidden Doors, #11)