Start by marking “Deal with the Devil (Devilish Devlins, #1)” as Want to Read:
Deal with the Devil (Devilish Devlins, #1)

Deal with the Devil (Devilish Devlins #1)

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  23 reviews
When Irish eyes are smilin’…beware! Because trouble—and love—isn’t far behind!

Paradise for software designer Cynthia Wagner means uninterrupted solitude to invent a brilliant video game, and save her job. But renovations on her city apartment force her to seek refuge in a temporary rental in the ‘burbs.

The promised Paradise morphs into Purgatory when she meets her new neig
Published September 15th 2011 by Diana Duncan

To ask other readers questions about Deal with the Devil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deal with the Devil

Glamdring
This book was a pleasant surprise. It was a light read, with nothing unusual, none of the heroes blew my mind but the author clearly has a thing with children. Dylan and Brendan (the hero's twin nephews) were hilarious.

If you like kids in your stories, this is a book I recommend.

I'll continue with the sequel once I'm finished with my author's names challenge :P
Lance
This was a cute story of a computer geek who is under a tight deadline to design a new video game and her sexy male neighbor, a school teacher, is babysitting his niece and twin nephews. The Times they interact is usually because of some mischievous act by one of the boys. But they can't deny the chemistry and attraction they have for one another.

While reading the book, it felt like Murphy's law was in place here - whatever could go wrong did, whether it was Cynthia' s computer getting destroyed
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Warning you will laugh through most of this book. What a refreshing read. Cynthia Wagner is staying at a friends house in the 'burbs when her apartment in the city is getting renovations. She is under a deadline to get a new video game for work created.. Unfortunately the neighbor next door Rory Devlin is a hot distraction and the niece and nephews he is baby sitting keep getting in the way. The twin nephew boys get a sucker stuck in her hair, kill her laptop, and then a stink bomb is launched i ...more
Dee
more like 3.5 - review to follow
Guilty Pleasures
To be honest, because I have read some self-published books that I could barely finish and could not in any way write a review for, I was a leery about reading Deal With The Devil. Color me excited to read it and find out DWTD is another great example that a book can be self published and a great read!!! The price is great at only $2.99 on amazon and Barnes & Noble.

I am totally in love with the ENTIRE Devlin clan. Ms. Duncan has created a contemporary romance that not only let's you see the
Kelly Moran
Bio: When her dreams of becoming a ballerina were quashed by early-onset klutziness, bestselling author Diana Duncan took up the safer vocation of writing. Her first thrilling masterpiece—written in orange crayon—was titled “Perky the Kitten,” and became an instant bestseller with her grandparents. Her childhood growing up as a military brat gave her ability to leap into a conversation with anyone, anywhere, anytime…and she always discovers a new friend in the process. This gift of gab perfectly ...more
Dellani Oakes
Jan 20, 2012 Dellani Oakes rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Cynthia Wagner has a deadline to meet. She has 19 days to be brilliant or she'll lose her job as a software developer. Taking a leave of absence, she rents a friend's house, hoping for solitude.
Enter Rory Devlin – and his niece – and twin nephews and the dog.... The saucy Irishman is babysitting for the summer and his life is anything but quiet. Problematic, since the chaos lives next door to Cynthia.

When the twins' actions cause a catastrophe in her home, damaging her computer, Rory makes Cynth
Leanne
Looking for a fun feel good book?
Then this is the one for you!

Cynthia Wagner is a Game Designer who is at the top of her game until the company that employs her is bought out, now she has to create the game of games and make a bid to her new boss in order to keep her job.
She decides to move into a friends house while working on her game to get ideas and find some tranquillity, only to find out that's not going to happen. Her new neighbours will not let that happen.
Rory Devlin is taking care of h
Moran
Deal with the Devil was the first book I read by Diana Duncan and it won't be the last!

I really enjoyed reading how Cynthia and Rory fell in love despite all the obstacles, they seems so wrong for one another but the saying opposites attract was so true for them.

Deal With the Devil was a funny book full of humor.

I found myself laughing so hard while reading about Rory's niece , twin nephews and the their dog all doing crazy things and not letting Cynthia work quietly so she'll be able to make h
Brenda
I have twin aunts in my family and while they are wonderful, I seriously doubt they ever got up to the tricks these two Devlin twins did.They are mirror image twins so you can tell them apart but I've met twins before like their dad Rory and Uncle Ryan and it does get hard but Cynthia saw with her heart and that was the thing that kept coming out in this story ,in between the outrageous antics and mini-Greek tragedies(hey, I cried when the turkey hit the floor!), the building love between her an ...more
Renee
This week's fluffy romance, raced through with pleasure and laughter, as with the best of Diana Duncan. Cynthia Wagner meets cute with awesome Irish hunk-next-door Rory Devlin (and his twin nephews and baby niece and a dog as well). Through a series of circumstances that are completely predictable and also delightful at the same time, Cyn ends up living with the clan and trying to complete a do-or-die software design task. There are complications, in the form of a Martha Stewart on steroids stal ...more
I really enjoyed this one for a lot of different reasons but one of the main points is probably that I had never before read a book where someone worked on video games. Although I actually know people who want to go into that branch of IT I had never before read about it in a novel. Found it very refreshing since "exotic" jobs for women in novels usually stop at songwriter/composer/witch, etc.
Casea Major
I finished Deal with the Devil last night and am still thinking about Rory Devlin and his zany Irish clan. Well written. Well told. Great story. I never buy books on a whim but he Devlin's delivered.

This is a fun, lighthearted contemporary with a touch of humour and well-formed characters.

Cynthia and Rory are fun to read. I enjoyed this one. I look forward to Flynn's story.
Wendy
Oh my. Cynthia has a software deadline to meet. But after renting a house and meeting the sexy Rory Devlin, she is in for a surprise. Not only is he the greatest uncle who is watching his brothers kids, but he has an enticing smile that will stop any woman's heart. A wonderful, funny book with a sexy Irish man in. The mix. You should definitely read this book.
Kellie Kamryn
From the first sentence, Ms. Duncan hooked me in! From sticky candy stuck in the heroine's hair, to a rambunctious dog and even more rambunctious children, this story will sweep you away into a world of laughter, caring, and steamy embraces! I look forward to reading more of Ms. Duncan's work. Fantastic book!
Polly
Wonderful!!!!! This book has it all. Well written with spice and a sense of humor. Kids and a puppy! What more can you want. A wonderful darling female lead and a man that dreams are made of. Caution: Reading Deal with the Devil will only make you more hungry for the Devilish Devlins!
Sharon
Loved Rory and Cynthia! Funny, emotional, romantic, just a few words to describe the love story of Rory and Cynthia. I love the whole Devlin family and can't wait to read the rest. Great job, a wonderful series to add to my must read list.
Shirley
Sep 19, 2011 Shirley rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all romance readers
This story was funny, heart-warming, and sexy. Ms. Duncan writes with wit and sass and adds unexpected twists that keep you guessing. Her characters are so real, you wish they were your neighbors. I can't wait for the next book in the series!
Vivian
I gave it 3 Stars because it light read. It did make me laugh a few times. It really made me laugh toward the end. I hope the rest of the series will be good. I will be reading Flynn's story next.
Toni
Great quick story. There is not much better than an Irish man! Wonderful break, may just have to keep up my procrastinating and dive into #2 in the series.
Brenda
I won this in a blog contest and loved it. It was sweet, sexy and very funny. I can't wait to read more of the series.
Anna Albright
Really liked it, fast read for almost 500 pages
Beccie
What a cute romance
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Lovextra Romance
Lovextra Romance marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
When her dreams of becoming a ballerina were quashed by early-onset klutziness, Diana Duncan took up the safer vocation of writing. Her first thrilling masterpiece—written in orange crayon—was titled “Perky the Kitten,” and became an instant bestseller with her grandparents.

More about Diana Duncan...

Devilish Devlins (2 books)
  • Devil May Care (Devilish Devlins, #2)
Sword of the Raven Laws Of Attraction (Marriage & Mayhem!, #1) Devil May Care (Devilish Devlins, #2) Lethal Attraction Midnight Hero (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1359)