Puppy Tax
read book

Puppy Tax

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Sky runs a doggy daycare and, in his free time, volunteers as part of a therapy dog pair with his Border Collie, Phoenix. On a visit to the local hospital, Sky and Phee share an elevator with Tony Marasutti, the hot doctor who's great with kids and loves animals. Sky doesn't think he has a chance, but then Dr. Tony invites him and Phee for coffee, so of course Sky has to i...more
ebook, Free Edition, 27 pages
Published August 31st 2010 by J. Rocci (first published August 8th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Puppy Tax, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Puppy Tax

Ami
Oct 19, 2012 Ami rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Ami by: Tailtiu

OMG, cute cover!! Seriously, put a cat or dog as a cover and it probably attracts me more than men with naked torso *hahaha*.

Anyway, the story is short (around 6000+ words) and angst free and filled with antics of the dogs (they steal the show). I like the fact that the sex comes after 2/3 part, and even so, the men don't jump on it. There's cockblock from the dogs and few teasing before the main course.

It'll be nice if the story doesn't move suddenly from their first date to three we...more
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Jan 12, 2012 Bubbles Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Bubbles Hunty by: Tailtiu
Shelves: free, m-m, super-cute
OMG this was so fucking adorable. And it's free. It was just an awesome little short story. Loved it. Sweet and sexy
Vio
Jan 30, 2012 Vio rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Vio by: Tailtiu
Shelves: free, furball, sweet
Seriously cute, the dogs are mischievous darlings, so adorable. A sweet read, I only wish we had a bit more to the relationship.
Heller
Cute freebie about a guy with therapy dogs and a kennel/day care meeting a pediatric doctor. Adorable.
Veronica / Miss V
Don't expect fireworks and you will love this free, short story. Super cute.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Short and sweet! Love the fur babies!
Deeze
Never really worked for me.
Anna
3.5 stars. Very cute short freebie. Loved the dogs and both MCs. I just wish it didn't jump from agreeing to a date to three weeks later. I would've prefered to read about at least their first date together, but oh well... it was still very good.
Virginia
Cute little short with a hot doctor and a guy who works with animals.
Monika
Sep 28, 2012 Monika rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Monika by: Tailtiu
Shelves: g-shorts
Awwwe, how cute was that!
Phaney
May 22, 2013 Phaney rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
2012 Review:

Um, okay? I’m not really sure what that was but at least it wasn’t annoying. Which comes as a relief right now, I have to admit.

This story was very short and had a nice feel to it, but not much happened. At all. Half of it was following Sky around through the hospital and setting up his first date with Tony. (view spoiler)

And that’s it. Obviously m...more
Olivia Głąb
I thought this book will be about easy taxes (most likely like: http://www.podatnik.info/program_do_pit ) but of course I was wrong ;) Don't judge the book by its title! ;)
But still it was nice to read :) and usefull :)
Alex
Stars: 2.5/5

Overall
This is a cute little free story. The writing is fair, the plot is thin and light, but this isn't meant to be deep. Just a happy tale about two men who meet, get to know one another and have some sexy time. There was definitely room for more development with the characters and the relationship, but for what it is, it's cute and entertaining.

Be sure to check out my other reviews on my blog.
Jess Candela
This was a cute story, but lacked the depth I've come to expect even from this author's shorts. There's a detailed scene when they meet, first date, and then it sort of glosses over a relationship leading to HEA. It felt more like a first chapter plus synopsis of a novel than a complete story itself. Still, it was sweet. And free. :)
Elizabetta
Oct 19, 2012 Elizabetta marked it as to-read
Shelves: grat-h
I suspect this will be a great buffer whilst reading Bloodraven...
Tutu
Free short story. Not a lot to say about it. It’s short, it’s very light, it’s like an appetizer.
Overall it was ok. Worth a few minutes of your time .
Lucy
Sweet and funny and wish it were longer.
Gigi
Read last year. Left me warm and fuzzy.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Very sweet short story.
Lena♥Ribka
Lena♥Ribka marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Mj
Mj marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Brett
Brett marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Levy Tang
Levy Tang marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
rdroomvj
rdroomvj marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Since 2006, J. Rocci has published several romance stories with Torquere Press, ranging from contemporary to steampunk to fantasy. A voracious reader from a young age, Rocci currently has a career in research and lives near Washington D.C. with the love of her life and their furry children. She often indulges the whims of her best friend -- and Muse -- when writing, and loves giving her characters...more
More about J. Rocci...
Just Breathe Out Crocodylus Acutus (Love is Always Write) Radio Love Song Taction Army Green