The Broken Eye (Lightbringer, #3)

The Broken Eye (Lightbringer #3)

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  318 ratings  ·  20 reviews
As the old gods awaken and satrapies splinter, the Chromeria races to find its lost Prism, the only man who may be able to stop catastrophe. But Gavin Guile is enslaved on a pirate galley. Worse, Gavin no longer has the one thing that defined him -- the ability to draft.

Expected publication: August 26th 2014 by Orbit

Doors of Stone by Patrick RothfussWords of Radiance by Brandon SandersonThe Winds of Winter by George R.R. MartinThe Broken Eye by Brent WeeksThe Thorn of Emberlain by Scott Lynch
Can't Wait Sci-Fi/Fantasy of 2014
4th out of 390 books — 2,047 voters
The Winds of Winter by George R.R. MartinThe Republic of Thieves by Scott LynchA Memory of Light by Robert JordanEmperor of Thorns by Mark  LawrenceThe Daylight War by Peter V. Brett
Can't Wait Sci-Fi/Fantasy of 2013
8th out of 611 books — 3,123 voters

More lists with this book...

Samantha
Honestly how am I supposed to wait a whole year for this book to come out! I just spent all of this past year waiting for Blinding Knife to come out! You know Brent weeks has to be a great author for everyone to be desperate to get his books.
Jose
May 03, 2013 Jose marked it as to-read
Yep... I might have to re-read the previous two books to try to remember what happened on them. I should have waited for the series to finish first but Nooooo I could not help reading more of Brent Weeks' books after the Night Angel series
Paul Leitner
May 07, 2014 Paul Leitner marked it as to-read
Oddly, the best thing about Brent Weeks' books is simultaneously the worst thing about them: they're impossible to put down. And when you come up for air after the last page and the rush wears off there is only one thought - waiting ANOTHER year till the next one? How will I stand it???
Kevin
Sep 01, 2013 Kevin marked it as to-read
How can people rate a book that has yet to be written?
Donna
Nov 04, 2012 Donna marked it as to-read
So hopefully the wait won't be too long for the Blood Mirror, but I did here this will be a four book deal rather than the normal trilogy. Now have to wait even long er to find out what will happen to Gavin/Dazen, Karis and Kip. We hates waiting.
Kuruneku
Hate waiting.
Liviu
had the time only for maybe 100 pages and it is just vintage Brent Weeks so far; almost impossible to put down (only literally dropping it when my eyes unwittingly closed from tiredness at 1am made me stop reading) so I need to have a good time chunk to read it end to end

follows Gavin, Kip, Teia and somewhat less Karis for now

finished the novel and now i am rereading it as usually the first read became quite a breathless one from some point on, where I just turned the pages to see what happens...more
Julian
Dec 31, 2013 Julian marked it as to-read
How are people rating the book? It doesn't come out for another year, I get that it will most likely be very good because Brent Weeks is a great author but wouldn't it be better to reserve judgement until you've actually read it?
Vaelin999
Oct 12, 2013 Vaelin999 marked it as to-read
The publishing date is : August 26, 2014

Description :

Without the protection of his father, Kip Guile will have to face a master of shadows alone as his grandfather moves to choose a new Pri...more
Obaid Haroon
Nov 25, 2013 Obaid Haroon marked it as to-read
Gonna
Be
Epic
Sara Hemenway
Mar 08, 2014 Sara Hemenway marked it as priority-to-read
Susan
I went to amazon.com to pre-order this book and found out I can't do that. Yes, I know I haven't read this yet. I wanted to make a note here about publication since I came too goodreads hoping for this publication information but didn't see it.

I guess the publisher is caught up in amazon contract negotiation and so this isn't available right now. So, had to go to another site to order it. Hopefully things will be ironed out with amazon by the time this is released in August.

In the mean time, I...more
Bjoern Huntemann
The first chapters read beautifully, and I can't wait for the book to be published. I look forward to reading the next installment to this series of political intrigue, fast paced action, and cruel twists of fate.
Guy Lahav
Jul 07, 2014 Guy Lahav marked it as to-read
no prism in Lightbringer is like no king in ice and fire. ho readers, preper for brent weeks's game of thrones!
Sebastian Flynn
Apr 11, 2014 Sebastian Flynn marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
Can not wait for this book
Marielle Authier
Nov 26, 2013 Marielle Authier marked it as to-be-release-2014
Shelves: epic-fantasy
From Brent Weeks blog " The Broken Eye is slated to release on the week of August 26th in US/UK/AUS. (US releases are on Tuesdays, and if I recall correctly, UK releases are on Thursdays.)"
2014 by Orbit
Jeff O'Quinn
Oct 01, 2013 Jeff O'Quinn marked it as to-read
BAH! Another series I began, only to find out that it hasn't been completed. I should have checked first, so it's my own fault. Still, it's something to look forward to.
Alyssa Gutierrez
I accidentally hit the rating and can't undo it! I have not yet read this book.
Luke Simons
Sep 04, 2013 Luke Simons marked it as to-read
Add me to the long list of people who cannot wait to read this!!
Azoth Kage
I want to reeeeeeeeeaaaaadddddd this book
Plaguedoctor
Plaguedoctor marked it as to-read
Slick
Slick added it
nixitN
nixitN marked it as to-read
Syed Anser
Syed Anser marked it as to-read
Dew Rotor
Dew Rotor marked it as to-read
John Tinmouth
John Tinmouth marked it as to-read
Brent Weeks: Broken Eye Release date! 17 99 Apr 20, 2014 02:24PM
Goodreads Librari...: Add synopsis to "The Broken Eye" 2 170 Nov 06, 2013 05:49PM
  • The Skull Throne (Demon Cycle, #4)
  • Tower Lord (Raven's Shadow, #2)
  • Skybreaker (The Stormlight Archive, #3)
  • The Thorn of Emberlain (Gentleman Bastard, #4)
  • The Widow's House (The Dagger and the Coin, #4)
  • The Shadow Throne (The Shadow Campaigns, #2)
  • Sworn in Steel (Tales of the Kin, #2)
  • The Providence of Fire (Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne, #2)
  • The Crimson Campaign (The Powder Mage, #2)
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
Brent Weeks was born and raised in Montana. After getting his paper keys from Hillsdale College, Brent had brief stints walking the earth like Caine from Kung Fu, tending bar, and corrupting the youth. (Not at the same time.) He started writing on bar napkins, then on lesson plans, then full time. Eventually, someone paid him for it. Brent lives in Oregon with his wife, Kristi. He doesn’t own cats...more
More about Brent Weeks...
The Way of Shadows (Night Angel, #1) Beyond the Shadows (Night Angel, #3) Shadow's Edge (Night Angel, #2) The Black Prism (Lightbringer, #1) The Blinding Knife (Lightbringer, #2)