The Broken Eye (Lightbringer, #3)

The Broken Eye (Lightbringer #3)

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  472 ratings  ·  36 reviews
As the old gods awaken and satrapies splinter, the Chromeria races to find its lost Prism, the only man who may be able to stop catastrophe. But Gavin Guile is enslaved on a pirate galley. Worse, Gavin no longer has the one thing that defined him -- the ability to draft.

Published August 26th 2014 by Orbit

Win a Copy of This Book

The Broken Eye
    Release date: Aug 26, 2014
    The Broken Eye continues the spectacular Lightbringer series from the New York Times bestselling author of The Black Prism and The Blinding Knife.

As…more
    Giveaway dates: Jul 15 - Sep 15, 2014
    5 copies available, 1155 people requesting
    Countries available: US, CA, and GB more
  • Friend Reviews

Doors of Stone by Patrick RothfussWords of Radiance by Brandon SandersonThe Winds of Winter by George R.R. MartinThe Broken Eye by Brent WeeksThe Thorn of Emberlain by Scott Lynch
    Can't Wait Sci-Fi/Fantasy of 2014
    4th out of 420 books — 2,203 voters
    The Republic of Thieves by Scott LynchA Memory of Light by Robert JordanEmperor of Thorns by Mark  LawrenceThe Daylight War by Peter V. BrettThe Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
    Can't Wait Sci-Fi/Fantasy of 2013
    7th out of 610 books — 3,151 voters

More lists with this book...

Samantha Savage
    Honestly how am I supposed to wait a whole year for this book to come out! I just spent all of this past year waiting for Blinding Knife to come out! You know Brent weeks has to be a great author for everyone to be desperate to get his books.
    Jose
    May 03, 2013 Jose marked it as to-read
    Yep... I might have to re-read the previous two books to try to remember what happened on them. I should have waited for the series to finish first but Nooooo I could not help reading more of Brent Weeks' books after the Night Angel series
    Paul Leitner
    May 07, 2014 Paul Leitner marked it as to-read
    Kevin
    Sep 01, 2013 Kevin marked it as to-read
    How can people rate a book that has yet to be written?
    Liviu
    had the time only for maybe 100 pages and it is just vintage Brent Weeks so far; almost impossible to put down (only literally dropping it when my eyes unwittingly closed from tiredness at 1am made me stop reading) so I need to have a good time chunk to read it end to end

follows Gavin, Kip, Teia and somewhat less Karis for now

finished the novel and now i am rereading it as usually the first read became quite a breathless one from some point on, where I just turned the pages to see what happens...more
    Kuruneku
    Hate waiting.
    Donna
    Nov 04, 2012 Donna marked it as to-read
    So hopefully the wait won't be too long for the Blood Mirror, but I did here this will be a four book deal rather than the normal trilogy. Now have to wait even long er to find out what will happen to Gavin/Dazen, Karis and Kip. We hates waiting.
    Julian
    Dec 31, 2013 Julian marked it as to-read
    How are people rating the book? It doesn't come out for another year, I get that it will most likely be very good because Brent Weeks is a great author but wouldn't it be better to reserve judgement until you've actually read it?
    Sara Hemenway
    Mar 08, 2014 Sara Hemenway marked it as priority-to-read
    Vaelin999
    Oct 12, 2013 Vaelin999 marked it as to-read
    The publishing date is : August 26, 2014

Description :

Without the protection of his father, Kip Guile will have to face a master of shadows alone as his grandfather moves to choose a new Pri...more
    Tamslb
    Got the book two weeks early and devoured it.

The Night Angel Trilogy had me convinced that Brent Weeks could do no wrong, yet I remember I wasn't sold after reading the Black Prism all those years ago. Fortunately, the Lightbringer series got its hooks in me with the Blinding Knife. But that was two years ago and I had forgotten some of the smaller plot details of the series, but the memories quickly came flooding back as I swept through chapter after chapter of the Broken Eye. And oh boy, was...more
    Angela Groves
    AHHHHHH! This book was worth the wait! It answered so many questions from the previous book, and then went ahead and left me with a whole bunch more! Now I have to wait again =[. If you are a fantasy fan and you haven't read anything by Brent Weeks, what have you been doing? The Lightbringer series has everything from the light hearted warm moments, to the darkest despair moments and everything in between. The characters are wonderful and deep. They grow throughout the series, and you love them...more
    Obaid Haroon
    Nov 25, 2013 Obaid Haroon marked it as to-read
    Gonna
    Be
    Epic
    Peter Ahlstrom
    Assistant Peter Recommends: The Broken Eye by Brent Weeks

Hello there! Brandon Sanderson's assistant Peter here. This is the start of a sporadic feature on Brandon's blog where I recommend something to you. (This was originally posted on Brandon's blog, but I'm also posting it here on GoodReads.) But don't worry, this probably won't happen very often. I am also going to recommend something else to you next week, but then who knows when the next time might be? Not I. Since you never can tell when...more
    Wesley-James Robinson
    I got this book early. I got this book about two weeks early. I was ecstatic. I was worse than a kid in a candy store. I was Gollum. It was my precious. I was just sitting around stroking the book all night with the book. I didn't start to read it until I got a day off. I finished it in two days. It was wonderful.

The book took a little longer to start than I would have liked, it was more setup than action. Once I got into the politics of the book I enjoyed the backstory of the characters more t...more
    Relstuart
    I was sent an uncorrected proof printing of this book. No spoilers follow.

If you enjoyed the previous two volumes Brent won't let you down in this one. Highly recommend this to all his fans. :)

He had a few lines of dialog that really stood out, one example: "Even the forgiven must pay penance."

Susan
    I went to amazon.com to pre-order this book and found out I can't do that. Yes, I know I haven't read this yet. I wanted to make a note here about publication since I came too goodreads hoping for this publication information but didn't see it.

I guess the publisher is caught up in amazon contract negotiation and so this isn't available right now. So, had to go to another site to order it. Hopefully things will be ironed out with amazon by the time this is released in August.

In the mean time, I...more
    Amanda Wilssey
    Oddly, the best thing about Brent Weeks' books is simultaneously the worst thing about them: they're impossible to put down. And when you come up for air after the last page and the rush wears off there is only one thought - waiting ANOTHER year till the next one? How will I stand it??? Hate waiting!!!!!:((
    Lege
    Aug 16, 2014 Lege marked it as to-read

descriptiondescription

description
    Bjoern Huntemann
    The first chapters read beautifully, and I can't wait for the book to be published. I look forward to reading the next installment to this series of political intrigue, fast paced action, and cruel twists of fate.
    Alwyn
    Aug 22, 2014 Alwyn added it
    Another excellent addition to the series.
    Plenty of revelations and a breakneck pace from the very beginning. We get to explore a lot of Gavin's background, and closure for many questions are provided in this volume as well.

One minor flaw, in my opinion, was that we didn't get enough time with the Colour prince. A lot of details which could be important were only briefly mentioned and a bit of Andross time could've been cut IMO.

I felt like the book was setting up a lot of things, and got a bit c...more
    Guy Lahav
    Jul 07, 2014 Guy Lahav marked it as to-read
    no prism in Lightbringer is like no king in ice and fire. ho readers, preper for brent weeks's game of thrones!
    Amy
    Aug 14, 2014 Amy marked it as to-read
    I work in a bookstore, this book just came in today. Now I have to go into work EVERYDAY and just wish that I could time travel to the 26th. I CANT WAIT. THIS IS KILLING ME.
    Chris
    Aug 26, 2014 Chris is currently reading it
    The first fifty pages have been released as a preview, and I am now really excited for this to come out. I've reread the first two a few times now, and caught a lot of details that I hope get explained in this one. Knowing Weeks, I'll end up with a whole new set of mysteries and entirely unexpected revelations instead. Can't wait!
    Sebastian Flynn
    Apr 11, 2014 Sebastian Flynn marked it as to-read
    Shelves: fantasy, favorites
    Can not wait for this book
    Marielle Authier
    Aug 26, 2014 Marielle Authier is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: epic-fantasy
    From Brent Weeks blog " The Broken Eye is slated to release on the week of August 26th in US/UK/AUS. (US releases are on Tuesdays, and if I recall correctly, UK releases are on Thursdays.)"
    2014 by Orbit
    Jeff O'Quinn
    Oct 01, 2013 Jeff O'Quinn marked it as to-read
    BAH! Another series I began, only to find out that it hasn't been completed. I should have checked first, so it's my own fault. Still, it's something to look forward to.
    P
    Jul 30, 2014 P marked it as to-read
    August 26th 2014 by Orbit
    Luke Simons
    Sep 04, 2013 Luke Simons marked it as to-read
    Add me to the long list of people who cannot wait to read this!!
    Dan
    Dan marked it as to-read
    Aug 26, 2014

About Brent Weeks

1370283 Brent Weeks was born and raised in Montana. After getting his paper keys from Hillsdale College, Brent had brief stints walking the earth like Caine from Kung Fu, tending bar, and corrupting the youth. (Not at the same time.) He started writing on bar napkins, then on lesson plans, then full time. Eventually, someone paid him for it. Brent lives in Oregon with his wife, Kristi. He doesn’t own cats...more
    • The Skull Throne (Demon Cycle, #4)
    • Tower Lord (Raven's Shadow, #2)
    • Skybreaker (The Stormlight Archive, #3)
    • The Thorn of Emberlain (Gentleman Bastard, #4)
    • The Widow's House (The Dagger and the Coin, #4)
    • The Shadow Throne (The Shadow Campaigns, #2)
    • Sworn in Steel (Tales of the Kin, #2)
    • The Providence of Fire (Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne, #2)
    • The Crimson Campaign (The Powder Mage, #2)
    • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    The Way of Shadows (Night Angel, #1) Beyond the Shadows (Night Angel, #3) Shadow's Edge (Night Angel, #2) The Black Prism (Lightbringer, #1) The Blinding Knife (Lightbringer, #2)