Start by marking “The Book of Wisdom (Change #2.5)” as Want to Read:
The Book of Wisdom (Change #2.5)

The Book of Wisdom (Change #2.5)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Con Danvers is not jealous. Uh-uh. No way. The fact that his lover is helping a young college kid with life issues doesn't mean Con has to get all growly and snarky. Does it? Stephen Rydell wants Jesse James Callender to succeed in life -- and being gay in a small West Virginia town hasn't exactly given the kid a head start.

Catch up with the boys from A Change of Scenery f
Published September 17th 2011 by Torquere Press (first published September 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Book of Wisdom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of Wisdom

Serena Yates
Warm and loving, just like its main characters, is the feeling this story left me with. Stephen and Con have been together for five years, and are quite clearly still very much in love. The little, and not so little, irritants of life are given no chance to come between them. They may grumble and mutter about some of the things each partner does, but on the whole, they have reached the stage in life where they can say 'it got better'.

While I didn't read the first book yet (A Change of Scenery),
Jane
Sep 18, 2011 Jane rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
'The Book of Wisdom' is a story of three men, two older, one still finding his way, and it was a delight to read. The author deftly set up the situation; Jesse, a young man, looking to Stephen for support, with Stephen's partner, Con, ambivalent and maybe just a little jealous of the close relationship the other two have, and then let the story tell itself. I loved the way the two older men are with each other. Their connection is deep and solid and sizzling hot, with some entertaining banter to ...more
Tam
Oct 12, 2011 Tam rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
You don’t have to have read the first book with these characters to enjoy this one, but it would help you understand the background to Con and Stephen more. This takes place 5 years later and Con and Stephen are happy living their life, however Con is becoming increasingly annoyed with Stephen’s relationship with a young man they helped head off to college. It doesn’t help that Jesse James had a crush on Stephen back when he and Con first got together.

There are, in a way, two stories here. The f
Katharina
2.5 (3 minus 0.5 for editing)

You may wonder what the "minus 0.5 for editing" is all about here. The thing with this story is that I had to buy the Kindle version (which is not my favourite thing to do as I don't like Kindle) and then noticed that there are still CORRECTIONS in the book I bought! I kid you not. Reading things like ", and slid his hands from Con's his chest down to the muscled his belly." - underlined and crossed out text all inclusive - in a story that I JUST PAYED MY HARD EARNED
Becky Condit
JM Cartwright’s THE BOOK OF WISDOM is a short story that catches up with characters introduced earlier in the series, CHANGE. The really interesting thing about this short story is that it heads in one direction but winds up in another.

See my complete review at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index.... (January 16, 2012). Buy this book to benefit the It Gets Better Project: http://www.torquerebooks.com/index.ph...
Mandi
3.5 stars rounded up to 4 because I really liked this short. I enjoyed seeing a look into Con and Stephen's future. Still crazy for each other. Sweet story and we learn a little more about Jesse from the original story. :)

(though what I wouldn't give to read more Virgil and Johnny...)
Chris
3.5 stars. Good short m/m romance set five years after A Change of Scenery, as Stephen's protege is coming to stay with them after graduating from college and Con's not pleased about it.
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Charm Blaize
Charm Blaize marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Violetbat
Violetbat marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Helle
Helle marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Kynthos-the-Archer
Kynthos-the-Archer marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Lynnette Hartwig
Lynnette Hartwig marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2013
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2013
Viv Ross
Viv Ross marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
JM Cartwright is the alter ego of a polished professional who works all the time. Well, maybe not all the time... but paying the mortgage and buying dog food keep JM pretty busy.

JM dreams of the Appalachians and someday sitting on the veranda overlooking 100 acres of paradise.
More about J.M. Cartwright...

Change (5 books)
  • A Change of Tune (Change #1)
  • Winning in a Landslide (Change #1.5)
  • A Change of Scenery (Change, #2)
  • A Change of Pace (Change #3)
A Change of Tune (Change #1) The Trouble With Angel (Baseball #1) Brainy and the Beast A Change of Scenery (Change, #2) A Change of Pace (Change #3)